AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2017-02-09, 06:22   Link #121
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Lucina will be popular for a long time trust me on that.
Old 2017-02-09, 06:51   Link #122
Tenzen12

Well, that's your opinion. It's perfectly possible and I wouldn't have problem with it. Regardless only time will tell as it did with Hector, Ike or Lyn.
Old 2017-02-09, 07:20   Link #123
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Well, that's your opinion. It's perfectly possible and I wouldn't have problem with it. Regardless only time will tell as it did with Hector, Ike or Lyn.
The number of votes that Lucina amassed didn't even come close to 1 percent of Awakening total sales. I have confidence have Heroes attracted more recent FE fans, It won't be this close of match between her and Lyn.

Though I have to say I am quite surprised with Ike's popularity given how poor his games sold. I saw people voted for him ten times. Though I don't know how did Roy even got second place, either Smash is that much of boost or Japan just really love him.
Old 2017-02-09, 07:21   Link #124
mickbis

I would vote for Lyn as well if I didn't forgot to cast my vote
she is just way better than other girl...
and If I didn't forget anyone isn't she the very first character that interact with the player? she even remember us in Awakening DLC
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 08:09   Link #125
Tenzen12

Yup, even if she married axe wielding badass, instead of me, our time together was really sweet....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
The number of votes that Lucina amassed didn't even come close to 1 percent of Awakening total sales. I have confidence have Heroes attracted more recent FE fans, It won't be this close of match between her and Lyn.

Though I have to say I am quite surprised with Ike's popularity given how poor his games sold. I saw people voted for him ten times. Though I don't know how did Roy even got second place, either Smash is that much of boost or Japan just really love him.
...And IF Heroes attracted more old timers difference would be much bigger. And IF it attracted even older Guys Caeda would beat both Lyn and Lucina. You can spin word IF in any direction you wish, that's why value of IF is close to nothing.

Ike won because he is simple best Lord that's not Hector. Reason why his games didn't sell that well is probably simple. Unlike 3DS GameCube got working emulator pretty early and I doubt many of current FE fans ever owned Gameboy (at least I didn't know about this franchise until I had smartphone). 3DS Was well protected and until Citrus there wasn't any decent emulator (plus console itself is relatively cheap). Regardless even if I could guess it was PotR and RD that revived franchise even considering it peaked with Awakening.

And yeah, Roy is there only because Smash...
Old 2017-02-09, 08:43   Link #126
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:

sales =/= votes. Some people who bought the game might not like Lucina or have a different best girl, others not play FE Heroes at all. And actually, recent FE fans are probably the largest part of the player base. I mean, PoR is over 10 year a ago so most of the people who bought it at that time are probably old timers or at least busy.

Sides, you have to consider a few things: Ike and Lyn were the first archetype characters of their kind - a blue haired Lord that's NOT a refined noble kind of guy but more of a rough and tumble - Hector was the prototype - AND a Female lord. First win and all that.

I'm just glad that Lyn, Hector and Ephraim - my 3 favorite Lords - made it into top 20. Wished Joshua was a bit higher though
Old 2017-02-09, 08:49   Link #127
Tenzen12

I would take Ike over Ephraim anytime (FE 8 in general was unremarkable imho), but yeah otherwise I agree I guess
Old 2017-02-09, 09:20   Link #128
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I would take Ike over Ephraim anytime (FE 8 in general was unremarkable imho), but yeah otherwise I agree I guess
Blazing Sword and Sacred stones were the game that get me started on FE so they hold a special places for me.

Sides, you have to admire the guy for storming a castle with only 4 peoppe, then started guerilla warfare with just 3
Old 2017-02-09, 09:32   Link #129
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I voted for Lyn since her game introduced me to Fire Emblem series. Hence she was the English speaking Fire Emblem fans first waifu. lol
Old 2017-02-09, 09:46   Link #130
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Those FE games didn't have a chance, since there is practically no exposure of those characters for non-Japanese players. Not localized, not in Smash Bros. If I was the staff, I'd do something more like, "Most popular character for each game", which would give more exposure to the more unknown games. Then again, when you look at the way the Ranking system was done on If/Fates, you probably couldn't expect them to think that much.
Of course they didn't. That's exactly why I called Sigurd almost pulling a spot in the top 50 interesting. And like I said, more than anything it was interesting to me that it was him and not Seliph that pulled that off, since Seliph is the one that got at least some kind of western exposure through Awakening DLC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Blazing Sword and Sacred stones were the game that get me started on FE so they hold a special places for me.

Sides, you have to admire the guy for storming a castle with only 4 peoppe, then started guerilla warfare with just 3
Does Ike get credit for holding off a sizable portion of the Begnion army with just a small fort and the Greil Mercenaries (+affiliates)?
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 11:33   Link #131
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Doesn't robin have high defense though? I heard he is a big takumi counter.
Robin does have a rather good def for a mage, but he is still a blue mage, meaning that Camilla will gains the WTA 20% bonus, whereas not only Robin cannot retaliate, but even if he survives, Camilla will barely take any damage from him considering her rather good res and the WTA in her favor.

But yeah, Robin is one of the few real counter against Takumi, although it isn't a cake walk, moreso if there are more than 1 on the opposing side.

Quote:
Anyways, would you suggest to roll trying to get takumi if you have 20 orbs or perhaps save for when they release some new OP thing. probably Ike. Ike solos path of radiance so I wouldn't be surprised if he'll be OP in this.
Takumi definitely deserves some attention considering his archer kit in FEH is really that good. 46 ATK and 33 Speed on average for a character that isn't affected by weapon triangle (except against Robin and Cecilia) is really a bit too good, moreso when he can reposition himself thanks to his weapon passive giving him a pass through effect, but also the close counter.
With 40 HP on average, his vengeance will usually grant something like 5-15 extra damage depending how greedy you are with him.

I have hard time to imagine any other archer unit to be as good as him in the near future whatsoever.
You'd need an archer with close counter and having something really better in term of offensive tools to make Takumi irrelevant.
And the fact he is part of a current focus really gives a proper incentive to roll for him.

On the flip side, I don't think Ike will be "that" insane unless they do something extremely stupid, making every other red units useless in comparison, which would be way too early for a game like that to play the super powercreep card.
Every 5* red have some sort of usefulness, except maybe Chrom being too bland compared to others.
-Tiki is a formidable anti green tank with very good defense, huge nuke and handy heal if you have a melee oriented team.
-Marth doesn't look impressive at first, but he is probably the most mobile red unit with lyn, although the latter is actually for offensive stuff while Marth is quite crazy in term of "vendetta"/attrition playstyle.
-Roy is a very good and flexible melee damage/assist thanks to his debuffs.
-Lyn is basically the assassin in the lot. If you manage properly her HP pool, she becomes even more scary than Lucina maxed in atk considering sol katti + defiant atk + galeforce
-Lucina is a very hard hitting character with a very good speed (the likes Chrom really needed) with good team buffs to boot. She has less snowball potential than Lyn, but she is more "stable" thanks to Falchion. She is however extremely vulnerable to mages. Robin literally shred her to pieces, more than any other 5* red unit.
-Ryoma is one of the best all around character with a all range counter + defiant atk.

And we already know that Marx/Xander has also a all distance counter + another passive involving counters.

So for Ike, I have hard time to imagine a moveset that would make every other red units useless without breaking the game balance.
Old 2017-02-09, 12:25   Link #132
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Does Ike get credit for holding off a sizable portion of the Begnion army with just a small fort and the Greil Mercenaries (+affiliates)?
He also duel and win over a beast that is the Black Knight....
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 12:59   Link #133
GDB

Quote:
Lucina will surely taken the first place if not for the bunch of cocks that is so desperately out to vote for Lyn purely out of spite for her. If newer fans were mobilized for the votes I dare them to say again that Lyn is more popular than Lucina.
This "argument" might have a leg to stand on if Lucina had been in first when they released the half-way point results. But no, Lyn was #1 the entire time.

Quote:
Already seen plenty posts on FE Reddit and Serenesforest on repeating voting for Lyn to keep Lucina out on first place just to show IS that older FE is still relevant even though on the male side they have already Ike and Roy as top 2. It not 10 of thousands people, it just bunch anti-Awakening people.
So your evidence of thousands of votes is a couple of people saying to vote this way. So maybe a couple dozen votes happened because of this.

Quote:
Otherwise how does a character from a game decade ago without any relevancy recently beaten the most breakout character of the series who appeared in Smash and its game sold the twice of Blazing Sword that rekindle people interests in FE again?
People like her more. This isn't hard to comprehend.

Quote:
Lucina will be popular for a long time trust me on that.
So Lucina can be popular for a long time, but Lyn can't? Wow, the bias is overwhelming.

Quote:
Of course they didn't. That's exactly why I called Sigurd almost pulling a spot in the top 50 interesting. And like I said, more than anything it was interesting to me that it was him and not Seliph that pulled that off, since Seliph is the one that got at least some kind of western exposure through Awakening DLC.
Seliph wasn't even #2 from Geneology. Ayra was #2 at spot #65.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 13:35   Link #134
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
He also duel and win over a beast that is the Black Knight....
I was comparing military achievements, but there is that too. That's not entirely fair to Ephraim though; he was strong enough to pull off the aforementioned three-man guerrilla warfare, and in general his story wasn't focused on personal strength the way Ike's was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Seliph wasn't even #2 from Geneology. Ayra was #2 at spot #65.
Unless I missed something, Seliph didn't make the list at all. The only three were Sigurd at #55, Ayra at #65 (no real surprise there, though) and Arden at #93 or something. I'm only mentioning Seliph as the other protagonist of Geneology.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 13:57   Link #135
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

No offense whatsoever, especially since it is a crossover game after all, but I'd like everyone to actually use spoiler tags regarding games events and the likes (character discussion is fine so long you don't outright disclose things that are tied to game events).

You may find that overkill, but unfortunately, I got spoiled right here: I skipped the Tellus saga (PoR was impossible to find here and I don't own a wii for RD), so color me quite oblivious to Ike's exploits until... well, now.
Old 2017-02-09, 15:26   Link #136
GDB

Quote:
Unless I missed something, Seliph didn't make the list at all. The only three were Sigurd at #55, Ayra at #65 (no real surprise there, though) and Arden at #93 or something. I'm only mentioning Seliph as the other protagonist of Geneology.
He's number 102 on the list. There's separate pages for different blocks of numbers.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 17:13   Link #137
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Lucina will surely taken the first place if not for the bunch of cocks that is so desperately out to vote for Lyn purely out of spite for her. If newer fans were mobilized for the votes I dare them to say again that Lyn is more popular than Lucina.
Since everyone else already kinda refuted your illusions, I'm not going to really say much or quote every single post you made, let me just facepalm
*facepalm*
Oh, and lol, Lucina. Marth without tippers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
No offense whatsoever, especially since it is a crossover game after all, but I'd like everyone to actually use spoiler tags regarding games events and the likes (character discussion is fine so long you don't outright disclose things that are tied to game events).

You may find that overkill, but unfortunately, I got spoiled right here: I skipped the Tellus saga (PoR was impossible to find here and I don't own a wii for RD), so color me quite oblivious to Ike's exploits until... well, now.
Well, the thing is that these games are extremely old. It's really hard to tell what is common sense (in the series) and what is spoiler. I mean, no one would consider "You can find Mewtwo in the Cerulean Cave after beating the game!" a spoiler.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 17:33   Link #138
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That's the very reason I made that mention instead of outright issuing warning and the likes. As a matter of fact, just leave out details or use spoiler tags if necessary, that's all.

Also, as a general request without aiming at anyone specifically: the last thing we need in this thread is a pointless popularity debate or other tangents. Frankly, I doubt the western audience had that much of an impact compared to the JP ones, moreso considering how votes were stables thorough the campaign. The fans have voted, end of the story.
So move on.
Old 2017-02-09, 19:02   Link #139
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Thanks to the 10000 Hero Feathers gift I managed to get 5 3* to 4*: Palla, Cecillia (Holy hell Gronnblade is a godsend), Anna, Shareena and Eliwood (nostalgia's sake).

Alfonse... Well, wait a bit till I get more Feathers.
Old 2017-02-10, 07:40   Link #140
Tenzen12

Unlike girls Alfonse isn't really worth ascending IRC.

On other note, I finally learned how to use Cammila properly. Her brave axe allows her build draconic aura almost instantly and then she can take down almost anything in one hit regardless of colour. With Roy to compensate for her low movement she is cool gal.

In other hand Lyn's Galaforce is bit too slow needing 5 hits to charge I am rarely able take adventage of it.

Tags
fire emblem, mobile game, nintendo, turn-based strategy