AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

Old 2016-07-03, 18:26   Link #121
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
It's not criticism, it's just an angry rant, though.

I just can't understand "Dia tries too hard to be Eli" nonsense. There's only one scene similar to Dia and Chika's face-to-face in the first season, and it's a jokey scene in OP. As much as I like Eli, she was unreasonable compared to Dia making sound arguments against Chika. And, her attitude is completely in line with her portrayal in audio dramas and bio unlike Eli.

Stop giving the girls hard time based just on one episode. They need time to come out of Muse's shadow, and if you just look at them as if they're just clones of Muse straight off the bat, you won't ever see them as anything else.
Unfortunately, it's a show of how a lot of people tend to have the mindset of "the original is the best and anything after it is just a poor clone attempt" or something to that degree and so, like in this case, people instantly compare them to the first/original and can only seem to, in their mind, find "flaws" with the sequel while downplaying any possible positives or differences other people bring up. Obviously, being a sequel, there will be comparisons made to the first/original, but people should expect there to be similarities, but they should also realize that there are usually differences, and those differences don't have to be massive to make the sequel different enough from the first/original.

I mean, that quoted rant for example, a lot of the "criticism" is just so ridiculously shallow, right down to acting like a character is bad just because of her appearance and is nothing more than bias in favor of the original and not willing to accept anyone else to be the main characters. That person not even knowing why there are Muse references, seeming to completely forget, or even knew, about the fact that the whole premise of the story was known to begin with Chika being influenced by seeing Muse on the big screen, much like Honoka was when she saw A-RISE on the big screen.

All I'm getting from that rant is, "'Love Live!' can only be about Muse! Where's Muse?! Give me Muse back! Anyone else sucks!"

Did that person make the same type of (shallow) comparisons between The IDOLM@STER and The IDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls? Because if not, then that person is also showing a ridiculous double-standard as well.

Some of the comments I've seen here and other places about Sunshine!! and the comparison to the original Love Live! are very similar to ones I've seen about, for example, Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens and the way a lot of people just instantly call it a clone of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope just because of very general similarities but not really looking at the specifics beyond the surface.

In this case, as someone mentioned, there's obviously some kind of thing between Kanan and Mari (and their families) that will most likely be talked about later on.

With people calling Dia a clone of Eli, they seem to ignore the reasonable and legitimate reasons Dia brought up about why she wouldn't allow a School Idol Club whereas Eli's reasons were really just personal, and only calling Dia a clone because Eli also was the third year Student Council President and initially rejected a School Idol Club.

Some trying to call Yoshiko a clone of Nico because of how they act like two different people sometimes while ignoring how Yoshiko is a full-on Chuuni while Nico was simply acting how she believe an actual idol acts. Also, Yoshiko isn't afraid to act our her Chuuni side in front of people while Nico tried to keep her idol-loving side hidden.

And so on and so forth.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 19:09   Link #122
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Yeah, those "comments" are not really comments.

It's just salty hyperbole from people who inherited a safety bubble mentality when it comes any form of change. They're lashing out in fear because they can actually see the difference and that's what really scares them. You pop that bubble they get really triggered and have childish rants with vulgar words of a mindless savage.

They always try to make comparisons, but it can only go far due to nostalgia or not letting go.

Aqours may have been influence by Muse, but they are not clones and that's what scares them. A sense of unfamiliarity aka "Muse doesn't act that way. I don't like it. I don't like it all".

That's always the case when a new status quo happens. Comics, Movies, People, Politics, Religion, Coke or Coke Zero. Seriously.

Here's the usual cycle:

Aqours appears

Not MUH MUSE/It's not so bad/I'm starting to like them/OMG DA BES/

New Group Appears

Not Muh Aqours/I hate them/I'm starting to like them/OMG DA BES/

Repeat, Rinse, Recycle of Hyperbole and Rising Blood Pressure for the easily triggered.

People are fickle and they don't think before they speak or type.

It's best not to read too much of that. It's not healthy. Just enjoy the show.

Oh and this isn't a rant.

It's Constructive Analysis of the Internets lol

All Hail Yohane!!!

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2016-07-03 at 19:27.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 19:31   Link #123
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Somebody posted this on another forum that criticize this show (and pretty spot on) which I kinda agree on some of it.
[redacted]
This individual is fuckin nonsense.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 21:47   Link #124
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
You pop that bubble they get really triggered and have childish rants with vulgar words of a mindless savage.
Isn't that a bit harsh? The only complaints i am getting from here is the overacting, craziness and just the girls being very hyper. Nothing wrong with comparing Sunshine to Muse or any other anime at all. Some people just like the normal stuff you got from the 2nd half of the episode, including myself. This isn't just from Muse fans, but also people who haven't even seen Love Live before.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 22:37   Link #125
Requiem-x
The slacking one

I see plenty of different opinions and views, and its only the first episode. I caught some long talks in the original LL thread, and looks like it will be the same case here.

In other stuff, apparently one very dedicated fan has already come up with the theory on how Riko has no clue about Muse, complete with a timeline and a shameless desire to see the imoutos involved in this whole thing somehow, complete with a diagram... which I didn't download because I can be dumb sometimes Regardless, I look forward to see what comes next.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 22:48   Link #126
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
In other stuff, apparently one very dedicated fan has already come up with the theory on how Riko has no clue about Muse, complete with a timeline and a shameless desire to see the imoutos involved in this whole thing somehow, complete with a diagram... which I didn't download because I can be dumb sometimes Regardless, I look forward to see what comes next.
Images
fan theory
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 22:56   Link #127
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Images
fan theory
That's the one, thanks.

If you take Mari out of the equation, it's actually pretty solid.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 01:07   Link #128
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Images
fan theory
Ugh... i don't understand what this means. timeline wise, it looks like a timeline for the season 1 and 2 characters and the year difference but from episode 1, from what chikka saw in akihabara. it looks like that the time from the love live of the season 1 characters aren't that far or its still happening and chika was first year when she saw it right?
Old 2016-07-04, 01:31   Link #129
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
During the pre-opening sequence, Chika saw µ's as the second winner to the Love Live! competition.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 02:06   Link #130
R.LocK
My turn

There's one thing I can't help but wonder about: who will be Aqours's rivals? Oh, and who will make cameos?

I'd like to see A-RISE once more, but I kinda doubt it what with Tsubasa's seyuu graduating from voice acting and idol business. Seeing Alisa and Yukiho as a unit will be a pleasant surprise.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 02:32   Link #131
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
There's one thing I can't help but wonder about: who will be Aqours's rivals?
I hope it's Michael, David and Steve.
Seriously though, there isn't a hint on who their rivals are but I have this feeling the focus is more about Aqours and there isn't any other schools nearby to get in their way.
Old 2016-07-04, 03:19   Link #132
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
I think their first rival from Aqours will be based on Shizuoka Prefecture. Having a local idol group would be the first step.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 07:59   Link #133
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
With people calling Dia a clone of Eli, they seem to ignore the reasonable and legitimate reasons Dia brought up about why she wouldn't allow a School Idol Club whereas Eli's reasons were really just personal, and only calling Dia a clone because Eli also was the third year Student Council President and initially rejected a School Idol Club.
What legitimate reasons are you talking about? She just flat-out said no without giving any reason. When Chika pressed her for the reason she simply said that Chika doesn't need to know. First indications point towards her opposition to a School Idol Club having the same personal-natured reasons as Eli's.
Old 2016-07-04, 08:19   Link #134
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Honestly, Chika and Dia both came off pretty badly in their interactions with each other.

Dia is clearly being driven a lot by personal bias, but Chika's overall handling of this could hardly be any worse (trying to create a club when you're the only member? Your 2nd attempt is a drenched form application with just you and your best friend on it? lol...)

I guess if you take this as comedy, it is pretty funny and maybe should just be laughed off. But if you do that for Chika, I think it's only fair to also do that for Dia.
Old 2016-07-04, 08:30   Link #135
Sagitta Luminis
Yousoro~

I came here to fangirl over idols, not for The Discourse. Are these arguments really necessary?
Old 2016-07-04, 08:44   Link #136
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
What legitimate reasons are you talking about?
That to participate in Love Live, you need to write your own song.
Old 2016-07-04, 08:51   Link #137
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork22 View Post
That to participate in Love Live, you need to write your own song.
But that's not the reason for her opposition to a School Idol Club, it's just something she inserted to direct Chika away from further bugging her about that reason. She said "even if I approved" they'd need to be able to compose songs. "Even if she approved". That came right after her telling Chika that she doesn't need to know the reason for her opposition.

Frankly, the impression I got is (since she apparently knows a good deal about Love Live and school idols) that she once was quite interested in them or even tried to become one herself but got shot down by outside circumstances and thus is bitter towards the idea of school idols in that environment.
Old 2016-07-04, 09:04   Link #138
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post

Frankly, the impression I got is (since she apparently knows a good deal about Love Live and school idols) that she once was quite interested in them or even tried to become one herself but got shot down by outside circumstances and thus is bitter towards the idea of school idols in that environment.
I agree. That's good speculation. And one good thing is that if you're right, it's one way that Dia is very different from Eli.

One possibility is that Dia/Kanan/Mari were once an idol group, but it all fell apart for some reason, and it's left at least one or two of them bitter about it.
Old 2016-07-04, 09:21   Link #139
Nork22

Frankly I'm just seeing how much of their personality from the short stories/character shorts in the Dengeki magazine comes through in the anime, and so far most have been on point. I figured Dia rejecting the idea of an idol club stems more of her thinking that this activity is a waste of time, especially when she imagines how Ruby is wasting her time on this hobby instead of doing something more constructive.
Old 2016-07-04, 10:27   Link #140
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork22 View Post
I figured Dia rejecting the idea of an idol club stems more of her thinking that this activity is a waste of time, especially when she imagines how Ruby is wasting her time on this hobby instead of doing something more constructive.
Dia's knowledge about Love Live is a bit suspicious though. Why would she even have this kind of knowledge if she just views school idols as silly or dumb or otherwise bad?

...Well, thinking more on it, I guess there is one other possibility. Ruby seemed to love the idea of putting on concerts. Maybe Ruby is a huge school idol fan, and so Dia knows some about Love Live through her younger sister. That could contribute to Dia disliking school idols ("I'm so tired of hearing Ruby talk about school idols all the time!" )

Tags
idol