Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-01-20, 14:10   Link #121
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
i dont know what is with people and mushoku tensei, i've read it and its nothing special, personally Arifureta and even this is way superior to Mushoku.
rudius is just not a very good character, the guy has wives and kids and still afraid to kill, cmon were is the manhood.
Arifureta is 3rd in the line, the combat scenes are superior to Mushoku Tensei indeed, but the drama not so much and I don't like how it emphasizes how pretty Nagumo's harem are every fucking time and how he dealt with the entranced crowd with glare and Pressure each time.

Both Mushoku and Arifureta has many characters and wide world to explore, but Mushoku's more alive in both cases rather than what his face classmates in Arifureta.

and don't get me started with Tio.... annoying character is annoying

The pace in Isekai Mahou is better than both and it doesn't shove harem into your face like Arifureta, but the romance is minuscule as well and that's not good, it seems to be heading into that direction then it went hiatus... crap

And lastly, I can't grasp the true power of Suimei since he uses many branch of magic, and when in crisis somehow he actually has a magic that can solve that certain crisis.... looks like Asspull to me.... still cool though
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-20, 15:16   Link #122
Breimoon

Quote:
i dont know what is with people and mushoku tensei, i've read it and its nothing special, personally Arifureta and even this is way superior to Mushoku.
rudius is just not a very good character, the guy has wives and kids and still afraid to kill, cmon were is the manhood.
Can't comment about this since there are not many translations but MT is an exemple of good writing that does not focus on fights but on the world itself and how a man gives its all to protects his family , sometimes failing, sometimes betrayed. The MC is likeable and there are barely any asspulls like in Arifureta.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-20, 19:47   Link #123
Boccob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
there are barely any asspulls like in Arifureta.
The time traveling was a pretty big asspull.

I agree otherwise. MT focus's on the world and gives a lot more detail to the side characters which makes it stand out as the better work. Also the main character is flawed in many ways. Which isn't something you see all that often in these types of stories.
Boccob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-20, 20:47   Link #124
wuhugm
Confused Shark

anyway, with the reunion of Felmenia and the lolification of the other, maybe the main heroine is Felmenia afterall...
Old 2015-01-22, 11:00   Link #125
Briollaire
ビームセイバー使い

Quote:
not sure if troll, or...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
anyway, with the reunion of Felmenia and the lolification of the other, maybe the main heroine is Felmenia afterall...
-exaggerated rude and dismissive snorting turned guffawing-

this is glorious nippon. since when has being a loli stopped anybody from being the main heroine?
Old 2015-01-22, 17:25   Link #126
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Arifureta is 3rd in the line, the combat scenes are superior to Mushoku Tensei indeed, but the drama not so much and I don't like how it emphasizes how pretty Nagumo's harem are every fucking time and how he dealt with the entranced crowd with glare and Pressure each time.

Both Mushoku and Arifureta has many characters and wide world to explore, but Mushoku's more alive in both cases rather than what his face classmates in Arifureta.

and don't get me started with Tio.... annoying character is annoying

The pace in Isekai Mahou is better than both and it doesn't shove harem into your face like Arifureta, but the romance is minuscule as well and that's not good, it seems to be heading into that direction then it went hiatus... crap

And lastly, I can't grasp the true power of Suimei since he uses many branch of magic, and when in crisis somehow he actually has a magic that can solve that certain crisis.... looks like Asspull to me.... still cool though
He's got no true power because he is supposed to be an average Mage that is average at everything back in the real world.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 21:40   Link #127
Azd

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggindo View Post
I want to know... is this series being dropped by author already??? It's been two weeks but still no new updates.... I've been dying for waiting for new chapter because next chapter will be climax of 3rd arc and next will be epilogue... Are there any news about update from Author???
Don't you mean 7 weeks? (Now it has been 8 weeks) the author has had a 6 week long gap between translations before (according to the dates on the site) so you don't need to mind it too much because holidays just passed.

Quote:
Arifureta and Mushoku take two completely different approaches to the travelling to fantasy world genre, and the main form of comedy is also in two completely different flavors, so I don’t think they should be compared.

Mushoku tensei is about Rudeus’s second chance at life so the story has more: world building, multiple characters, many highly developed characters, realistic relationships like family and friends, growth, etc. There are some battles along the way, but battles are only a small part of life (which even characters like Badigadi mentions)
So even though Rudeus isn’t as badass (read: willing to kill) like many other MCs (like Hajime), being badass isn’t that necessary in the Mushoku Tensei world. Of course, many readers do dislike this aspect of Rudeus', but many other readers also think it fits the more realistic setting and Rudeus's developed characterization in Mushoku.

Arifureta is about Hajime’s quest to return home by conquering dungeons. Since the world is on the brink of a large-scale war (orchestrated by gods), many people (such as gods) interfere with him along the way so the story focuses more on shounen-esque battles.
Hajime [B]needed /B] to become OP and badass (read: willing to kill) to deal with his problems.

The different form of comedy:
Mushoku: Rudeus’ (perverse) 30+ year old otaku mind.
Arifureta: Harem antics and Hajime’s team’s badassery and callousness.

Personally, I like Arifureta more, but Mushoku Tensei is definitely a more polished work so I can see why Mushoku Tensei is more popular series overall.

Last edited by Azd; 2015-01-22 at 21:52.
Azd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 22:32   Link #128
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

I wouldn't be surprised if the author did drop this series--to continue the proper LN version.As I've mentioned,the LN novel is supposed to be drastically different from the webnovel version.
Old 2015-01-23, 00:25   Link #129
HandofFate

I try to pick back up Arf many times, but I just fall asleep when it seems to be turning into a slightly more polished Re: Monster
Not to mention Hajime's really bitter inner monologue just makes me wish he did die.
Old 2015-01-23, 06:02   Link #130
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
He's got no true power because he is supposed to be an average Mage that is average at everything back in the real world.
Actually that statement which Suimei declared himself to be lower-middle magician is a lie, most likely

since at the bottom of the chapter, there's a footnote where Felmenia and the author, yes, the author, react to that statement and both screamed "USO DA!!"

take a look at it again, chapter 8
Old 2015-01-23, 06:31   Link #131
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Actually that statement which Suimei declared himself to be lower-middle magician is a lie, most likely

since at the bottom of the chapter, there's a footnote where Felmenia and the author, yes, the author, react to that statement and both screamed "USO DA!!"

WHAAAAT?!?!?!?!

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 06:41   Link #132
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:

Doesn't mean anything.Could be just them saying there's no way such OP magic(by the magic world standard) is anything other than from the work of a masterful magician.Author could have been having a bit of fun poking at that.
Old 2015-01-23, 06:44   Link #133
laon
Hantai

Yes it mean something, that's what we call "word of god".
Spoiler:
laon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 06:45   Link #134
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by laon View Post
Spoiler:
So he really is male Tohsaka Rin?
Old 2015-01-23, 08:50   Link #135
laon
Hantai

Probably more unreasonable since he doesn't need to get cornered to be one.
Old 2015-01-23, 09:28   Link #136
wuhugm
Confused Shark

... and by any standard, I don't think someone that can cast the highest spell of various branches of magic can be classified as average anyway lol~
Old 2015-01-23, 10:21   Link #137
ndiezel

Quote:
Originally Posted by laon View Post
Spoiler:
He want to become like his father? His father was like these SSS magicians that can wipe all this demon army solo?
ndiezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 10:38   Link #138
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Spoiler:
Old 2015-01-23, 10:38   Link #139
laon
Hantai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndiezel View Post
He want to become like his father? His father was like these SSS magicians that can wipe all this demon army solo?
Spoiler:
Old 2015-01-23, 10:58   Link #140
ndiezel

Quote:
Spoiler:
Yeah, one hit... Oh, wait.
Spoiler for :

Well, his own battles aside maybe he really is nothing special compare to other magicians? And what exactly he lack? Magic power? Not enough mana? Can't learn god-like magic?
ndiezel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, harem, harem (not mc), romance (not mc), webnovel