AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2015-01-19, 13:20   Link #121
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

At least now we know why the second master of Fairy Tail chased after Zeref so fervently. Just look at that blush. XD
Old 2015-01-19, 14:22   Link #122
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

So many more questions now... Like who in the hell was powerful enough to curse Zeref with that kind of thing? Himself??? @.@

Last month we got two naked lolis. This month, we got naked Zeref. Balanced has been restored.
Old 2015-01-19, 14:36   Link #123
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
So many more questions now... Like who in the hell was powerful enough to curse Zeref with that kind of thing? Himself??? @.@

Last month we got two naked lolis. This month, we got naked Zeref. Balanced has been restored.
I think there are even more questions, like: Did Zeref teach them without once introducing himself? If so, why were they so cool letting a complete stranger train them? And did Mavis's friends know they would die if they got too close to their new teacher? It's just so...weird.

And this raises another mystery about Zeira: the fact that she can use magic now. Does this mean she's real and self-aware, but can still only be seen by Mavis? Or is she simply imaginary and learning as Mavis learns?

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 14:51   Link #124
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
I think there are even more questions, like: Did Zeref teach them without once introducing himself? If so, why were they so cool letting a complete stranger train them? And did Mavis's friends know they would die if they got too close to their new teacher? It's just so...weird.

And this raises another mystery about Zeira: the fact that she can use magic now. Does this mean she's real and self-aware, but can still only be seen by Mavis? Or is she simply imaginary and learning as Mavis learns?
She could just be an illusion that Mavis is unconsciously projecting with her magic without realizing it. The others see her but realize the falseness of her being which is why they don't directly speak with her.
Old 2015-01-19, 16:10   Link #125
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
She could just be an illusion that Mavis is unconsciously projecting with her magic without realizing it. The others see her but realize the falseness of her being which is why they don't directly speak with her.
Not likely. Precht was pretty damn convinced that Mavis's summoning was real the first time around, and Yuri doesn't seem particularly sharp. They also never talk about Zeira, and continually call Mavis interesting or funny. As far as they're probably concerned, Zeira is an imaginary friend and they're just humoring Mavis.

Old 2015-01-19, 17:38   Link #126
Kazu-kun

Anyone knows how many chapters is this series supposed to be? I hope it doesn't end just when Fairy Tail is created.
Old 2015-01-19, 17:58   Link #127
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

so... Mavis' original magic is illusion magic

then all Fairy Tail's founder is taught by Zeref
I also assume Zeira might be not real since she never being mentioned in original series

If Mavis really passed away just few days after Fairy Tail's founding, that would be really sad
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 18:11   Link #128
Casshern

Watching Precht learn magic from Zeref in the past makes it kind of sad how the two ended up meeting again after so many years
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 22:34   Link #129
Starway

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
This post is ironic if you've been keeping with FT the main series.
I'm sure they would be booming with rage if they found out about zeref and fairy tail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Watching Precht learn magic from Zeref in the past makes it kind of sad how the two ended up meeting again after so many years
No wonder zeref was so mad at precht he taught him magic and the guy becomes the very thing zeref hates.
Old 2015-01-20, 00:51   Link #130
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Another interesting chapter. The writing quality of the main series has improved since the spin-offs have been coming out, because Mashima has more space for talking about all of the ideas he has to share, which is nice to see.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-20, 02:58   Link #131
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starway View Post
No wonder zeref was so mad at precht he taught him magic and the guy becomes the very thing zeref hates.
Erm...Could you remind me what's up with Precht? Because I kind forgot
Old 2015-01-20, 09:18   Link #132
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
He was the leader of Grimoire Hearts, Hades who attacked FT on Tenrou Island. He ended up being killed by Zeref.
Old 2015-01-20, 10:54   Link #133
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
What cyberdemon said. People originally spelled his name as "Purehito" because they didn't know how else to translate it, so they just used a straight transliteration of his Japanese name (プレヒト Purehito). It wasn't until Hiro Mashima revealed he based the character's name on "Bertolt Brecht" (ベルトルト・レヒト Berutoruto Burehito) that all became clear.

If the pronunciation doesn't make sense (the proper English pronunciation is "Brekt" and "Prekt"), it's because the Japanese name is based on the Germanic pronunciation, where the "ch" sounds like a cross between an "H" and a "K". In fact, here's the German pronunciation of Bertolt's name.

Old 2015-01-20, 12:24   Link #134
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
He was the leader of Grimoire Hearts, Hades who attacked FT on Tenrou Island. He ended up being killed by Zeref.
Oh! I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
What cyberdemon said. People originally spelled his name as "Purehito" because they didn't know how else to translate it, so they just used a straight transliteration of his Japanese name (プレヒト Purehito). It wasn't until Hiro Mashima revealed he based the character's name on "Bertolt Brecht" (ベルトルト・レヒト Berutoruto Burehito) that all became clear.

If the pronunciation doesn't make sense (the proper English pronunciation is "Brekt" and "Prekt"), it's because the Japanese name is based on the Germanic pronunciation, where the "ch" sounds like a cross between an "H" and a "K". In fact, here's the German pronunciation of Bertolt's name.
I see. I didn't know that he is not Purehito anymore
Old 2015-01-20, 12:29   Link #135
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

I think I'm really liking this series, intresting to read about how things were born. I wonder if Zeira is Natsu's mother?

I honestly hope Hiro makes a side story explaining Natsu's past next, I'm dying to know

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-20, 14:55   Link #136
Saravis4

Interesting, if Mavis does become a black mage, it could be the explanation of what Lumen Histoire is all about. Its possible she was cursed like Zeref and the crystal suppresses her destructiveness.
Old 2015-01-21, 20:22   Link #137
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

So, not only is Zeref cursed, but his magic is cursed as well? ...that...sucks.

And as for why Mavis forgave Cana so easily - Cana and Lucy reminds her of her time with Zeria...? :3
Old 2015-01-22, 01:48   Link #138
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
So, not only is Zeref cursed, but his magic is cursed as well? ...that...sucks.
What gave you that idea? I didn't see it that way from Mangapanda's translation...

Old 2015-01-24, 21:40   Link #139
chaos_animagic

I sense the intense feels upcoming in the next few chapters...

*gets ready*

PS: Mavis so cute.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-27, 12:28   Link #140
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

So that's the dark history of Fairy Tail referred to in the main series.