AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2013-10-27, 21:25   Link #121
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Isn't that actually the other way around? I believe I have heard about it before the 4koma appeared, that the alien fleet is what your ship girls will be after being sunk.
Old 2013-10-27, 21:38   Link #122
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Isn't that actually the other way around? I believe I have heard about it before the 4koma appeared, that the alien fleet is what your ship girls will be after being sunk.
Checking the publication dates, no, the 4koma's comment on the grudge of lost ships came first.

Edit: I might be wrong though, but the earliest Pixiv pic I could find that alludes to the Abyssal Fleet = sank kanmusus is the one with Kaga and the Wo Class...
Old 2013-10-27, 22:41   Link #123
Gravitas Free Zone

Incidentally, is there any specific reason for Shimakaze to be depicted as she is? I figure the blondeness is for the usual purposes of Japanese character differentiation, at least, and the striped stockings resemble the naval flag, but she's still rather unique.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 22:49   Link #124
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Incidentally, is there any specific reason for Shimakaze to be depicted as she is? I figure the blondeness is for the usual purposes of Japanese character differentiation, at least, and the striped stockings resemble the naval flag, but she's still rather unique.
No real reason but to make her look unique. Also, Shimakaze was a singular example historically so...

Seems like the art for the cards is commissioned per artist without any collaboration with each other, which explains why the art styles can vary WILDLY even within ostensibly the same line of ships. For example, compare Mogami with Suzuya.
Old 2013-10-27, 23:26   Link #125
Gravitas Free Zone

I suppose I might as well also note that Shimakaze's character design is the most blatantly fanservicey of any of the ships that I've seen... and since she showed up early, probably helped popularity quite a bit.
Old 2013-10-27, 23:30   Link #126
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
and since she showed up early, probably helped popularity quite a bit.
Except she doesn't. She's a rare Destroyer that you can either get via lucking out with a Construction recipe (5% chance!!), or as a (also rare) drop in one of the mid-difficulty worlds.

No, her popularity is BECAUSE of her memorable outfit.
Old 2013-10-27, 23:33   Link #127
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
I suppose I might as well also note that Shimakaze's character design is the most blatantly fanservicey of any of the ships that I've seen... and since she showed up early, probably helped popularity quite a bit.
Shimakaze is the bait, and then when people got into the game, they found out their own other waifu.

Mine would be Kongou/Haruna. I'm still looking for the homely Houshou but no luck. Would love to have the Akatsuki daughters . They are all adorable in their own way.
There some lovely canon incest yuri, too.
Old 2013-10-27, 23:37   Link #128
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I got Houshou, and definitely liking her.

Also for someone supposedly so demure (and mature in a game full of lolis), SHE'S the one who gives the "Would you want the bath first? Dinner? Or... (implication being "Me")?" line, often heard in so many romance and ecchi fantasies.

The Kongou sisters would be also nice, but only got Kirishima so far. RNG ya know.
Old 2013-10-27, 23:57   Link #129
Azuma Denton
~AD~

My favourite so far would be Kaga...
Love her obssesion to Akagi and her gap moe...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 00:06   Link #130
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Except she doesn't. She's a rare Destroyer that you can either get via lucking out with a Construction recipe (5% chance!!), or as a (also rare) drop in one of the mid-difficulty worlds.

No, her popularity is BECAUSE of her memorable outfit.
Not knowing much about the game, I meant that she showed up early in the fan art... suddenly there was this blonde in scandalous clothing showing up on Pixiv and the boorus, and I had little English-language information to go on. The other ships didn't get nearly as much attention early on.

As you said, it's all about the clothes.
Old 2013-10-28, 02:14   Link #131
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Not knowing much about the game, I meant that she showed up early in the fan art... suddenly there was this blonde in scandalous clothing showing up on Pixiv and the boorus, and I had little English-language information to go on. The other ships didn't get nearly as much attention early on.

As you said, it's all about the clothes.
She is being rare is one thing. Another thing is her dialogue. Also, I believe she's the first one that didn't mount guns on her body, and her guns have name, too.
Old 2013-10-28, 02:57   Link #132
lfhoule

Concerning Shimakaze and her outfit: historically she was a one of a kind destroyer with an experimental power plant and the heaviest torpedo battery ( 15 torps in 3 banks of 5, again, one of a kind). With the power plant, Shimakaze was able to go 40+ knots in trials, making her the fastest destroyer in the IJN, if not in the Pacific theater as a whole... which explains as well her references that she is the fastest in the 4-komas.
lfhoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 10:06   Link #133
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I tried not to laugh, but given how many MANY admirals on Twitter are sharing about their experiences on 3-2, well...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-10-28, 11:22   Link #134
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

By the way, how good is Takao in this game, consider she's one of the best heavy cruisers build in WW2? Is she easily obtainable? Is she a tsundere as well? lawl..
Tim yy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 13:48   Link #135
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Arpeggio's Takao > Kancolle's Takao.

That being said, she and Atago are a few CA that can reach higher than 100 fire power, aren't they? For a CA, they are quite good, but BB trumps them all if you in need of heavy hitters.
Old 2013-10-28, 18:36   Link #136
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim yy View Post
By the way, how good is Takao in this game, consider she's one of the best heavy cruisers build in WW2? Is she easily obtainable? Is she a tsundere as well? lawl..
Takao and her sisters are some of the better heavy cruisers in the game, with Maya especially having an excellent AA stat. As for easily obtainable, well, RNG...

That said, as heavy cruisers, they fill a weird niche where they can do everything, but excel in nothing, and apparently for a time were the worst class of ships before they got buffed. As Klash mentioned a few posts above, they usually get slotted into your team if you can't decide on what ship to take.

And tsundere? Ahaha, no. Takao in KanColle is very even tempered, but because of her... displacement (which causes stiff shoulders!), she's obvious rule-34 bait, though not as much as her sister Atago (pam-paka-paaaam~).
Old 2013-10-28, 18:52   Link #137
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

In term of jack of all trades, I would rather use CL instead of CA.
Problem with CA is that they are much less fuel/ammo efficient than CL, and their better artillery stats isn't enough to break through BB armor, which is supposed to be their assets against "weaker" CL.
And since CL are almost as strong as DD at night, with proper setup you can just wreck stuff with CL instead.
Old 2013-10-28, 19:09   Link #138
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Oh, and incidentally I managed to break through 2-3 and unlock 2-4 on one try. RNG was once again on my side, as I only got hit ONCE during the whole affair.

Now to grind stuff to get through 2-4. Hmm. >_>
Old 2013-10-28, 19:23   Link #139
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
And now, with those musings about the alien fleet, we have not only a Claymore nod (if the term 'Abyssal' is canonical), but one to Homeworld: Cataclysm. Specifically, how the Beast musters its forces...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 20:01   Link #140
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

What do I do when it doesn't show the "reload after 5-10 minutes" page anymore, and shows every server being full instead?
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls