AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-10-21, 09:49   Link #121
Lucidrago

Call me a pessimist but I have little hope for this season. Fingers crossed they don't do anything stupid and change the entire plot like with Born.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 10:07   Link #122
Gaizafaiz

@Lucidrago No, you are right and have the right to be pessimistic. Even I look at it's bad sides. Even if they manage to make the new season a success, would the sales do well to satisfy the studio? As of now, I have high hopes that Passione can atone for TNK past mistakes.
Gaizafaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 10:25   Link #123
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Well i'm still expecting some major changes into the story like Rias and the others being present in Kyoto especially after season 2.
Yeah the anime made Akeno and Rias to popular. There like the poster girls of waifus know they surpass the series itself. Think they try to give vali more scenes in the back ground two? Be weird for a show that a rival does nothing for a season. Though I guess a flash back to the fight between vali and Cao cao would do.

Last edited by Parry999; 2017-10-21 at 10:44.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 11:26   Link #124
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

They're gonna give Vali a short cameo most likely. Because he was credited in the seiyuu list, but he wasn't in volume 9 or 10.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 11:32   Link #125
Hakai

Vali did have a small appearance in the end of V9
Spoiler for Vali Lucifer:

@bold really hope they animate that part
Old 2017-10-21, 13:32   Link #126
Lucidrago

Well since it's Vali they are sure to do it. I just hope they don't do something stupid like have him show up in Kyoto.
Old 2017-10-21, 14:24   Link #127
Parry999

^ Like have him fight Serafall or sairaorg well ise trapped in Kyoto? The old staff had a picture of them staring at each other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaishin View Post
Vali did have a small appearance in the end of V9
Spoiler for Vali Lucifer:

@bold really hope they animate that part
Right I mentioned that in the other thread. I love vali moments like this. It shows he actually likes and respects issei. Despite society claiming his inferior to him. It why I loved the moment between them in volume 7 that wasn't adapted.

Last edited by Parry999; 2017-10-21 at 14:40.
Old 2017-10-21, 17:25   Link #128
Crimson406

Since it’s volume 9-10, so new characters appearing are:

* Le Fay Pendragon
* Gogmagog
* Kunou
* Yasaka
* Lady Phenex
* Misla Bael
* Cao Cao
* Georg
* Jeanne
* Siegfried
* Heracles
* Leonardo
* Zeus
* Poseidon
* Hades
* Indra
* Sun Wukong
* Yu-Long
* Kuisha Abaddon
* Misteeta Sabnock
* Beruka Furcas
* Gandoma Balam
* Ladora Buné
* Liban Crocell
* Regulus
* Diehauser Balial
* Rudiger Rosenkreutz
* Naud Gamigin
* Lirenkus
Crimson406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 17:35   Link #129
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

What parts of the anime you guys didn't like? What specific adaptation did you guys dislike or scene that weren't included? for me it was:

Things that were missing:
  • -Vali team, Baraqiel & Tannin not being included in the Loki battle.
  • - The Gremory Vs Sitri Rating Game

Thighs that were altered:
  • -The whole Loki mind control arc was dumb. Duplicating Boosted Gear takes a lot of effort as we see in Volume 16.
  • -Akeno & Issei's moment before the battle with Loki was replaced with with the motel scene.
  • - Skipping most of Volume 5's story gave Koneko little character development.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 17:49   Link #130
Parry999

The 3 episode filler in a 12 episode season was beyond bad. That's the real point that makes born unsalvageable. Could have done stuff with boob god and the rating game then. I can see why they try to connect loki to the main plot more in early born. From a show point of view it makes sense instead of halting the plot for his solo gig. But the fight was handle better in the novel and character intro actions.

Last edited by Parry999; 2017-10-21 at 18:10.
Old 2017-10-21, 18:26   Link #131
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

I didn't like the altered version of volume 6. They wanted to bash it in your face to remind you of Raynare, but the funny resolution was the charm of the volume.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 18:59   Link #132
thefreakmike

The reason they put Raynare was to foreshadow for her trauma which was introduced and dealt with in vol 10, which many felt came out of nowhere.
Old 2017-10-21, 22:06   Link #133
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam View Post
I didn't like the altered version of volume 6. They wanted to bash it in your face to remind you of Raynare, but the funny resolution was the charm of the volume.
That's the part you didn't like remember they gave 0 reason why Shalba helped diodora.
Old 2017-10-21, 23:36   Link #134
Lucidrago

It was more like Diodora was helping Shalba. Well I would say it was consensual. Diodora wanted Asia. Shalba wanted Rias' life because of her being Sirzechs' sister. So their interests were mutually connected. Although Diodora is related to Ajuka, the current Beelzebub but whatever. Shalba most likely just used him to get what he wanted at the moment and would have disposed of Diodora afterwards after he outlived his usefulness.

C&D I doubt that Lady Phenex, Misla Bael, Zeus, Poseidon, and Lirenkus are even going to show up. Or else we would have gotten Lord Phenex in the first season and we would have gotten Shemhazai(I know he appeared in the anime but he was a background character who nobody knew who he was). And even Hades, Indra, Diehauser, and Rudiger I'm very skeptical about showing up. Just because they were in those parts in the novels doesn't mean it's going to be the same for the anime. Especially for those like them who really don't serve any major role in that certain part. I know it's a new studio but still it's very doubtful they're going to show everyone who appeared in those volumes.
Old 2017-10-22, 00:07   Link #135
Parry999

Lucidrago that actually makes a lot more sense then a low class devil suicide bomb killing maou classess. God that plan was dumb.
Old 2017-10-22, 00:20   Link #136
Crimson406

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
C&D I doubt that Lady Phenex, Misla Bael, Zeus, Poseidon, and Lirenkus are even going to show up. Or else we would have gotten Lord Phenex in the first season and we would have gotten Shemhazai(I know he appeared in the anime but he was a background character who nobody knew who he was). And even Hades, Indra, Diehauser, and Rudiger I'm very skeptical about showing up. Just because they were in those parts in the novels doesn't mean it's going to be the same for the anime. Especially for those like them who really don't serve any major role in that certain part. I know it's a new studio but still it's very doubtful they're going to show everyone who appeared in those volumes.
What if your wrong. Besides Lord Phenex and Shemhazi roles were short in the novels.
Old 2017-10-22, 00:24   Link #137
Parry999

Shemazi looked lame and he only important because a hybrid kid we have never seen. Which is sad since his the fallen angel leader know.
Old 2017-10-22, 05:24   Link #138
B214

Now that i think about it, does this mean the Mobage illustration will be changed. Personally i would prefer if they can maintain the old design for the mobage card.
B214 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 07:49   Link #139
Crimson406

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Now that i think about it, does this mean the Mobage illustration will be changed. Personally i would prefer if they can maintain the old design for the mobage card.
Probably not, once the anime changes so will the mobage.
Old 2017-10-22, 07:53   Link #140
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksider555 View Post
What parts of the anime you guys didn't like? What specific adaptation did you guys dislike or scene that weren't included? for me it was:

Things that were missing:
  • -Vali team, Baraqiel & Tannin not being included in the Loki battle.
  • - The Gremory Vs Sitri Rating Game

Thighs that were altered:
  • -The whole Loki mind control arc was dumb. Duplicating Boosted Gear takes a lot of effort as we see in Volume 16.
  • -Akeno & Issei's moment before the battle with Loki was replaced with with the motel scene.
  • - Skipping most of Volume 5's story gave Koneko little character development.
There are SO many things that are wrong with Born. I always think that the whole existence of Born is a mistake
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote