AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-08-01, 22:32   Link #13301
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

What do you expect from Rudeus? He is wimp...
Old 2017-08-02, 07:46   Link #13302
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yes, but come on now. It still sounds like the manga did nerf him. He should be stronger than that.

@Hakatri: I hope the translation for the Volume 7 extra content continues, then. Some probably needs to make a request. Am I right to assume that there's no extra content for Volume 8 and onward? Or is it just that B-T doesn't have them listed?
Old 2017-08-02, 07:51   Link #13303
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Yeah, he should be stronger than that but don't forget... He is a wimp and coward, don't try to correct me, I'm talking about the truth... When someone terrified of something, be it strong or weak... They can't use their full power or True strength...
Old 2017-08-02, 09:16   Link #13304
DragonOsman
Dragon King

But in that scene in the WN, if you recall, he did completely curbstomp. The manga nerfed him. Being a coward and a weakling are two different things. In the WN, he only wimps out when up against someone he knows he can't beat (in a one-on-one fight). He never chickened out against Paul, and he even fought Orsted head on (twice).
Old 2017-08-02, 09:29   Link #13305
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Well, maybe Author want to made Rudeus more pathetic and more wimpy by nerfed him
Old 2017-08-02, 09:44   Link #13306
DragonOsman
Dragon King

If so, that's ridiculous. I hate it.
Old 2017-08-02, 09:59   Link #13307
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Well, if so, then we can only accept it...
Though I'm not actually accept certain story...
Old 2017-08-02, 10:35   Link #13308
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The manga isn't necessarily canon, though. The WN and LN are.

Edit: I need to ask.

I just read Web Novel Chapter 145. So what I want to ask is: Isn't Rudeus ever going to ask Perugius about Summoning Magic? I think he should. And he's probably wrong about Perugius hating him. I don't think he hates him, per say. Another thing: Does Zenith ever regain her memory? Elinalize didn't, but maybe she's right that Zenith can. And what about the curse that was mentioned? Is Zenith cursed?

And could it be that Elinalize got her current curse, where she'll die if she doesn't have sex once a month or so (is that it?), is from the Labyrinth she was trapped in 200 years ago?

Last edited by DragonOsman; 2017-08-02 at 12:00.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-02, 15:34   Link #13309
Hakatri
Fat is justice!

Location: In The Refrigerator, Behind the Mayonnaisse, Next to the Ketchup and to the Left of the Cole Slaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonzeT View Post
I'm not sure about the manga. I felt like Rudeus was nerfed af there.

Spoiler for What happened:
Nah, Rudeus was still a kid and his body is that of a kid without fighting spirit, do you really expect a regular eleven years old to be able to evade the attacks from an enhanced adult?

His magic is also stuck because he mostly used the standard magic, is after the beast forest that he develops shockwave and other original magic, at this point rank A beasts can evade his rock bullet and only after Orsted he makes his killer bullet and other OP attack magics, plus he still has not killed so thats another disadvantage against enemies that want to kill him

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
The manga isn't necessarily canon, though. The WN and LN are.

Edit: I need to ask.

I just read Web Novel Chapter 145. So what I want to ask is: Isn't Rudeus ever going to ask Perugius about Summoning Magic? I think he should. And he's probably wrong about Perugius hating him. I don't think he hates him, per say. Another thing: Does Zenith ever regain her memory? Elinalize didn't, but maybe she's right that Zenith can. And what about the curse that was mentioned? Is Zenith cursed?

And could it be that Elinalize got her current curse, where she'll die if she doesn't have sex once a month or so (is that it?), is from the Labyrinth she was trapped in 200 years ago?
Dude, you are asking about stuff that you can know if you only read a couple chapters more, yes, Perugius teaches summon magic to Rudeus & Co.

Zenith already has her memory back but her mind is muddled because she got telepathy and the overcharge of magic makes her behave like that, in this world curses and blessings are an extra magic flow that behaves in a certain way so thats the curse they are talking about

Yes, Elinalize's curse is from that labyrinth
Hakatri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-02, 22:45   Link #13310
LeonzeT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakatri View Post
Nah, Rudeus was still a kid and his body is that of a kid without fighting spirit, do you really expect a regular eleven years old to be able to evade the attacks from an enhanced adult?
Yes. Remember: Eris is around at least advanced level by this time and he defeated her with ease. Paul, even drunk is forced to be serious when Rudeus himself wasn't even trying to be serious. He's even role-playing in his monologues while fighting Paul and the others. I highly doubt the smuggler is stronger than either of the two at that state. Sure, he's stronger when he fought Paul, but it's mostly physical and we know that is not the factor during the "battle" between the father and son.

Quote:
His magic is also stuck because he mostly used the standard magic, is after the beast forest that he develops shockwave and other original magic,
Nope, he's been using shockwave ever since his fight with Paul when he's 7. Sylphy is also aware of this, so I'm pretty sure he's got during his tutelage under Roxy, or a little later. Also, it's also been said that he did invent a lot of his magic during his time in the Magic continent. They're already off there, so he should at least be able to use the Hallow Magic Stone.

Quote:
at this point rank A beasts can evade his rock bullet and only after Orsted he makes his killer bullet and other OP attack magics, plus he still has not killed so thats another disadvantage against enemies that want to kill him
A-rank beasts are just one rank below dragons. It's not a standard you should use when comparing him to a normal human. Even so, it was still a one-hit kill when it did connect. Also, again with the Paul example. I doubt the smuggler is stronger than drunken Paul, considering he was defeated by:

Spoiler for you guess it:

Yes, Rudeus is a wimp when it came to totally strong opponents, but he won't run away if there's actually a need to fight. Don't forget that he's (considering he's a Saint Rank magician) a 1000-man army equivalent by the time he's 5. This analogy was made around volume 20-20.5.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not equating him to his 15 - 24 y/o self. It's just that he shouldn't be THAT weak.

I get the feeling that people actually think that most people in the MT-verse are at least King-ranked or higher.

Last edited by LeonzeT; 2017-08-02 at 23:02.
LeonzeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-02, 23:01   Link #13311
tinhli

I will make its clear for all of yous.

That smuggler only appear in ln version.

He's not normal swordman. He is north-saint and use Atofe fighting style(You can see his broadsword for your reference, It's same style like Atofe.)
tinhli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-02, 23:04   Link #13312
LeonzeT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinhli View Post
I will make its clear for all of yous.

That smuggler only appear in ln version.

He's not normal swordman. He is north-saint and use Atofe fighting style(You can see his broadsword for your reference, It's same style like Atofe.)
Talk about inconsistency. How come Gisu was even able to damage a saint-rank?
Old 2017-08-02, 23:33   Link #13313
tinhli

Quote:
Talk about inconsistency. How come Gisu was even able to damage a saint-rank?
I have ln vol.4 in Thai version
In ln Gisu isn't knock him up like that. He use pun like "He throw the bomb" that only northgod style understand to bend his attention from Rudeus.

It's like flashbang or smokescreen that Auber always use.
then Rudeus finish him with fireball.

I'm so mad at mangaka cuz she change that moment to much for only manga reader.
tinhli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-03, 15:23   Link #13314
Hakatri
Fat is justice!

Location: In The Refrigerator, Behind the Mayonnaisse, Next to the Ketchup and to the Left of the Cole Slaw
Quote:
Yes. Remember: Eris is around at least advanced level by this time and he defeated her with ease. Paul, even drunk is forced to be serious when Rudeus himself wasn't even trying to be serious. He's even role-playing in his monologues while fighting Paul and the others. I highly doubt the smuggler is stronger than either of the two at that state. Sure, he's stronger when he fought Paul, but it's mostly physical and we know that is not the factor during the "battle" between the father and son.

Nope, he's been using shockwave ever since his fight with Paul when he's 7. Sylphy is also aware of this, so I'm pretty sure he's got during his tutelage under Roxy, or a little later. Also, it's also been said that he did invent a lot of his magic during his time in the Magic continent. They're already off there, so he should at least be able to use the Hallow Magic Stone.

A-rank beasts are just one rank below dragons. It's not a standard you should use when comparing him to a normal human. Even so, it was still a one-hit kill when it did connect. Also, again with the Paul example. I doubt the smuggler is stronger than drunken Paul, considering he was defeated by:
Eris is almost the same size as him, is a matter of reach like in dragon ball where Goku was defeated by master Roshi mostly because he had longer arms and my point is that an adult and kid of the same rank will obviously have a great difference in strength, Rudeus still cant touch Ruijerd who is like upper king ranked so a saint adult seems like a reasonably dangerous foe for him

Shockwave was developed after Rudeus failed to develop flight magic, the stuff he used before was just regular wind magic and his only other original magic to this point is the empty shelled stone cannon and manipulated water; wait, the sculptures also count but at the time his original attack magic was limited

Paul was part of an S ranked party and an S rank party should be able to take down a regular S ranked beast so an A rank beast seems reasonable as comparison for a saint level swordman (a level above Paul at the time) and dragons are the upper S rank, there is no comparison with the regular A rank beast as they require several S rank parties to be defeated, do you really believe those snakes in the magic continent are just a step below dragons? at most they are noodles for dragons and only if they are enough to fill its belly

Where parts do you guys are talking about rudeus being a crybaby? so far all have been pretty reasonable crying

I think i said it before but my problem with this manga arc was not the fights but the fact that they focused on Rudeus while in the original they forgot about him and everything happened offscreen which was a better development in opposition to isekai over reliance on the MCs
Old 2017-08-03, 17:04   Link #13315
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So Zenith's memory is back, but she's just having trouble controlling her new powers (tell me when this is revealed)? I hope that'll be fixed soon, then. And is it possible to fix Elinalize's curse? Including the amnesia?

I'm sorry for being impatient, though. I'm on Web Chapter 151 now, so I know what you mean.
Old 2017-08-03, 18:57   Link #13316
LeonzeT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakatri View Post
Eris is almost the same size as him, is a matter of reach like in dragon ball where Goku was defeated by master Roshi mostly because he had longer arms and my point is that an adult and kid of the same rank will obviously have a great difference in strength, Rudeus still cant touch Ruijerd who is like upper king ranked so a saint adult seems like a reasonably dangerous foe for him
1. Eris is already using Touki by this time, hence she's around advanced rank here. Rudeus is around Intermediate when he's 10 and there are no indication of him stepping to Advanced at this stage.
2. Nobody's saying that he could take on Ruijerd. Why was this even brought up?
Quote:
Shockwave was developed after Rudeus failed to develop flight magic, the stuff he used before was just regular wind magic
No, you're talking about a combination of Earth Lance and wind magic. To quote Rudeus on V1:

Quote:
I instinctively think of that. I create a shock wave to hit my body on the side.

With the force of the shock wave, my body flies to the side.
Hence, that is shockwave. You're talking about an entirely different magic.

Quote:
and his only other original magic to this point is the empty shelled stone cannon and manipulated water; wait, the sculptures also count but at the time his original attack magic was limited
Not really. I'm pretty sure he did say he developed multiple magics during when he's in the Magic Continent. But okay, let's consider him being limited to just those. Sure, he won't use Saint-ranked magic there, but he's got all the magic from Beginner to Advanced from four elements. Heck, he can even control elements to the atomic level. Whether or not he got more "original magic" is irrelevant. He has at least tens of spells under his belt.

Quote:
Paul was part of an S ranked party and an S rank party should be able to take down a regular S ranked beast
Not really. An S-ranked adventurer is someone who can get S-ranked quest, like A-ranked but with privileges. We've had very few S-ranked beasts in the entire series so we're not really sure of that, are we? Maybe a regular S-ranked beast would take the same effort as it did in the dragon subjugation.

Quote:
so an A rank beast seems reasonable as comparison for a saint level swordman (a level above Paul at the time)
Well, I'd admit that because the manga had a scene where Gisu defeated the smuggler that I didn't know he's a Saint-ranked. But then again, Rudeus had a hard time hitting the beast, but it was insta-killed by the time it did connect so ...

Quote:
and dragons are the upper S rank, there is no comparison with the regular A rank beast as they require several S rank parties to be defeated, do you really believe those snakes in the magic continent are just a step below dragons? at most they are noodles for dragons and only if they are enough to fill its belly
They're still just a rank below the dragons. The dragon on V7 is a Red one so it's stronger than even regular dragons.

Quote:
Where parts do you guys are talking about rudeus being a crybaby? so far all have been pretty reasonable crying
Yeah, he's only been called a crybaby once or twice in the entire series, but it's not really true at all if you put it in context.
Old 2017-08-04, 09:30   Link #13317
Hakatri
Fat is justice!

Quote:
1. Eris is already using Touki by this time, hence she's around advanced rank here. Rudeus is around Intermediate when he's 10 and there are no indication of him stepping to Advanced at this stage.
2. Nobody's saying that he could take on Ruijerd. Why was this even brought up?
I am using Ruijerd as a comparison with an adult warrior, the difference between him and Eris is just too big

Quote:
No, you're talking about a combination of Earth Lance and wind magic. To quote Rudeus on V1:

Hence, that is shockwave. You're talking about an entirely different magic.
Im talking about Shockwave as stated in his biography:

"Shockwave
Capable of blowing off an opponent by making vibrations in airspace, a type of Wind Magic.
It’s said that Rudeus used this in close-combat and fought as if he was flying in air."

Quote:
Not really. An S-ranked adventurer is someone who can get S-ranked quest, like A-ranked but with privileges. We've had very few S-ranked beasts in the entire series so we're not really sure of that, are we? Maybe a regular S-ranked beast would take the same effort as it did in the dragon subjugation.
Well, yeah, and S ranked requests include S ranked beasts subjugation

Quote:
Well, I'd admit that because the manga had a scene where Gisu defeated the smuggler that I didn't know he's a Saint-ranked. But then again, Rudeus had a hard time hitting the beast, but it was insta-killed by the time it did connect so ...
I saw the Gisu hit as a camp comedy stuff, the smuggler was distracted by Rudeus so is still believable even if was lame

Quote:
They're still just a rank below the dragons. The dragon on V7 is a Red one so it's stronger than even regular dragons.
That was a stray dragon, just one more among the herd and there are tons of them in the mountains
Old 2017-08-04, 11:39   Link #13318
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I think the Shockwave you're talking about is the same thing. It seems like he could use it either to make himself fly or change direction in mid-air, or to send someone else flying.

Anyway, I'm reading Web Chapter 160 right now.

I read that Rudeus's fate is really strong, and that even Hitogami can't change it. Same with his wives' and descendants' fate. Doesn't this mean he actually can't change the future where one of Rudeus's descendants, along with Orsted and one other man, kill him (it's not "seal", it's "kill")? That's why he's trying to get Rudeus to kill Orsted, isn't it?

But that being said, Rudeus is a fool to seriously be thinking of trying to kill Orsted. I mean, no matter what, isn't there any other way of not opposing Hitogami? And also, even if his future self couldn't find a way to get into the Void World, who's to say that Orsted can't help the present-day Rudeus get there? His future self never managed to get in touch with Orsted after the time he almost died when fighting him, so that could be why he never managed to find a way to get to the Void World. In which case, he should be able to get there with Orsted's help. And then one he becomes as strong as his future self had gotten (or maybe stronger than that), maybe he'll be able to kill Hitogami with Orsted's help.

Edit: Before I forget: Is the hypothesis Nanahoshi came up with after reading Future Rudeus's diary correct?
Old 2017-08-05, 08:08   Link #13319
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I think the Shockwave you're talking about is the same thing. It seems like he could use it either to make himself fly or change direction in mid-air, or to send someone else flying.

Anyway, I'm reading Web Chapter 160 right now.

I read that Rudeus's fate is really strong, and that even Hitogami can't change it. Same with his wives' and descendants' fate. Doesn't this mean he actually can't change the future where one of Rudeus's descendants, along with Orsted and one other man, kill him (it's not "seal", it's "kill")? That's why he's trying to get Rudeus to kill Orsted, isn't it?

But that being said, Rudeus is a fool to seriously be thinking of trying to kill Orsted. I mean, no matter what, isn't there any other way of not opposing Hitogami? And also, even if his future self couldn't find a way to get into the Void World, who's to say that Orsted can't help the present-day Rudeus get there? His future self never managed to get in touch with Orsted after the time he almost died when fighting him, so that could be why he never managed to find a way to get to the Void World. In which case, he should be able to get there with Orsted's help. And then one he becomes as strong as his future self had gotten (or maybe stronger than that), maybe he'll be able to kill Hitogami with Orsted's help.

Edit: Before I forget: Is the hypothesis Nanahoshi came up with after reading Future Rudeus's diary correct?
It's correct, no one know it though
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-05, 11:50   Link #13320
Hakatri
Fat is justice!

Rudeus having a strong fate only means he is hard to kill but not that the fate will be the same every time the timeline is changed

But it has been clearly stated that Rudeus himself is pretty much irrelevant to the final battle and his descendants are the important ones so even if Rudeus survives and teams up with Orsted without his children and grandchildren Orsted stands no chance against Hitogami

And Hitogami has no interests on gambling with his life by trying any other option

Tags
alternate world, fantasy, gods, harem, incest, og isekai, polygamy, reincarnation, seinen, time travel, true harem, webnovel