Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2020-07-09, 04:23   Link #1281
0cean
Transfer Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
There is this shit industry mentality that forces female seiyuus to stay unmarried so they can "stay pure" till they are too old.
Not seiyuu, idols. Seiyuu can marry just fine. It just so happens that lots of idols also do seiyuu work. And it's not a mentality, it's a contract they have to sign go become idols. No one is forced to become an idol, just like no one is forced to become a sex worker.

If all your objection comes down to morality, you might as well protest the existence of sex workers and have more of a point.
Old 2020-07-09, 18:37   Link #1282
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0cean View Post
Not seiyuu, idols. Seiyuu can marry just fine. It just so happens that lots of idols also do seiyuu work. And it's not a mentality, it's a contract they have to sign go become idols. No one is forced to become an idol, just like no one is forced to become a sex worker.

If all your objection comes down to morality, you might as well protest the existence of sex workers and have more of a point.
Seiyuu seem to be treated by idol standards even if they aren't "official" idols.
Old 2020-07-10, 00:16   Link #1283
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:

I don't care about the other BS you want to spew but what?! Have you been living under a rock? Have you never heard of sex trafficking?
Old 2020-07-10, 04:14   Link #1284
0cean
Transfer Adventurer

There's a distinct difference between sex workers and sex slaves.
Workers pay taxes. \s

Which seiyuu that aren't idols are treated as such? I'm not reading the tabloids, so I wouldn't know.
Old 2020-07-10, 04:34   Link #1285
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
There's a distinct difference between sex workers and sex slaves.
Workers pay taxes. \s

Which seiyuu that aren't idols are treated as such? I'm not reading the tabloids, so I wouldn't know.
People often use those terms interchangeably, but I see what you mean. However, I still don't exactly agree with your statement, but that would require way more explanation then I care to get into tonight. So, agree to disagree.
Old 2020-07-10, 06:00   Link #1286
judasmartel
*Author

Bushiroad and Amane’s agency has contacted the police about Amane getting cyber-bullied.

This was after Terrace House star and professional wrestler Hana Kimura committed suicide over hundreds of hate messages online so it's quite a big deal.

Amane voices Morfonica lead vocalist Mashiro from Bandori, and as I understand it, her haters apparently didn't like the fact that an inexperienced band leader like Mashiro is voiced by an actual 16 year old newbie VA instead of, you know, a top tier VA several years older. Which reminds me, a lot of people hated Rena Matsui for voicing Suzune from Denpa Kyoshi because "her voice doesn't fit", but I thought at the time that people just wanted her to be voiced by someone who specializes in imoutos like Ayana Taketatsu for that good old Kirino Kosaka vibes or her drama CD VA Kana Asumi.

Not every VA will be amazing right off the bat especially at a very young age. VAs like Aoi Yuuki, Ayane Sakura, or Seiran Kobayashi (voices Eri-chan from BnHA at age 14) who were already amazing VAs as teenagers are huge exceptions.

Which got me curious, not counting actual kids who played kids like Rina Endou who voiced Tsumugi Inuzuka at age 10, does anyone recall any top tier seiyuu from any era who were already amazing even at a very young age asides those I have mentioned?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-10, 07:30   Link #1287
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Which got me curious, not counting actual kids who played kids like Rina Endou who voiced Tsumugi Inuzuka at age 10, does anyone recall any top tier seiyuu from any era who were already amazing even at a very young age asides those I have mentioned?
Miyu Irino voiced lead male role in Spirited Away when he was 12 or 13.

And Aoi Yuuki was a child actress before becoming a seiyuu.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-10, 09:01   Link #1288
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
There's money to be made and it isn't illegal, so who cares? Idol isn't a job you can keep all your life, anyway. Once you are too old you get kicked out, I mean graduate. There's also the tabloids like ANN making money on non-stories about the private life of people others are interested in. If it wasn't for the tabloids exaggerating no one would even bother sympathizing with people held responsible for breaching their contract agreements.
Are you sure about that? Because I was under the impression that such "contracts" are actually very illegal.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-10, 16:13   Link #1289
0cean
Transfer Adventurer

I'm not a lawyer, what's illegal and what's not is for the courts to decide. What's moral and what's not I can decide by myself. Fulfilling your end of a deal is what I consider to be morally right. Also, seeing how the industry flourishes, these type of contracts can't be that illegal. At least I never heard of a crack down. Of course, as far as I know the idol industry is run by the yakuza, so it's anyone's guess if the law can even touch them or wants to.

The whole issue about the supposed contracts isn't that relevant, though, since ultimately it's the fans who will stop caring for an impure idol, so contract or not, having a relationship as an idol is career-suicide. And there's nothing the law can do about the attitude of the fans. So my sentiment stands: there's money to be made, it's morally sound and nobody has leverage to do anything about it either way, so who cares?

If you really wanted to, you probably could buy thousands of CDs of impure idols to show the industry there's a market for this, but something tells me the same people complaining about the purity deal of idols are also disconcerted by the fact that any fan would even consider buying thousands of CDs.

Quote:
does anyone recall any top tier seiyuu from any era who were already amazing even at a very young age asides those I have mentioned?
Nope, other than Aoi Yuuki, I can't think of a single one. But back in the last century the industry was vastly smaller than it is now. I can't think of a single anime that even had teen voices back in those days. All the cute girl voice actresses were closer to thirty than they were to thirteen.
Old 2020-07-11, 02:20   Link #1290
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Seiyuu seem to be treated by idol standards even if they aren't "official" idols.
AFAIK, unlike idol, Japanese VAs are more about their profile; as long their profile good they're safe.
Usually they correlated it to their own financial stability (career) thus most of them married only after their profile shaped enough (reach certain degree of popularity).
Indeed some of them looks undergoing idol standard but usually that's done in agreement of both VA and agency, either to boost popularity as rising newcomer or ensuring no one disrupt their privacy by convincing fans they're still their 'idols'.

Quote:
Bushiroad and Amane’s agency has contacted the police about Amane getting cyber-bullied.

Amane voices Morfonica lead vocalist Mashiro from Bandori, and as I understand it, her haters apparently didn't like the fact that an inexperienced band leader like Mashiro is voiced by an actual 16 year old newbie VA instead of, you know, a top tier VA several years older. Which reminds me, a lot of people hated Rena Matsui for voicing Suzune from Denpa Kyoshi because "her voice doesn't fit", but I thought at the time that people just wanted her to be voiced by someone who specializes in imoutos like Ayana Taketatsu for that good old Kirino Kosaka vibes or her drama CD VA Kana Asumi.
As a note, all previous Bang Dream vocalists are experienced to begin with.
So its not really because her voice doesn't fit but those bullying her most likely do not wanted to risk having a newcomer considering songs Morfonica took IMO is closer to Roselia, the most popular girls band in Bang Dream franchise.
Old 2020-07-22, 15:01   Link #1291
judasmartel
*Author

In today's seiyuu industry that is a lot bigger than before, what ages would considered a seiyuu's prime? I am asking because I was amazed at Miyu Tomita doing Gabriel at 16, Rize at 18, and Crimvael at 20. I actually thought she's already a veteran VA at such a young age because she was able to work very well with long time veterans like Junji Majima (Ryuji), Yuusuke Kobayashi (Subaru), and Yoko Hikasa.

It reminded me how some top tier VAs in the 2010s like Ayane Sakura started out really young, so much that she was senpai to Daiki Yamashita despite her being 23 and him being 28 when they got their respective roles of Uraraka and Midoriya. Teen VAs were rare in the old days but they seem to be more common nowadays.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2021-04-12 at 23:26.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-04, 05:20   Link #1292
saya_leviathan

Voice Actor Toshihiko Seki Tests Positive for COVID-19

At least, his condition is stable. I hope he recovers soon.
saya_leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-04, 05:41   Link #1293
Johnny Dy

Say you, say me, say it together... naturally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCP5rawjPKA

Sorry, couldn't resist. It's a good song.
Old 2020-08-04, 10:31   Link #1294
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by saya_leviathan View Post

I hope Seki-san can make a full recovery.
Old 2020-08-06, 03:09   Link #1295
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
In today's seiyuu industry that is a lot bigger than before, what ages would considered a seiyuu's prime? I am asking because I was amazed at Miyu Tomita doing Gabriel at 16, Rize at 18, and Crimvael at 20. I actually thought she's already a veteran VA at such a young age because she was able to work very well with long time veterans like Junji Majima (Ryuji), Yuusuke Kobayashi (Subaru), and Yoko Hikasa.
There's no 'prime age' in seiyuu industry, only 'veterans' which requires growth in both career and popularity for at least 8 years.
Old 2020-08-10, 06:12   Link #1296
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Apparently, Ari Ozawa married music composer Hige Driver:

https://twitter.com/search?q=%E5%B0%...rc=trend_click

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2020-08-10 at 13:07.
Old 2020-08-10, 13:06   Link #1297
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Congratulations to her !

Chiyo finally won in love in real life .
Old 2020-08-10, 13:29   Link #1298
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Congratulations to her !

Chiyo finally won in love in real life .
Ironically, he composed the ED for Nozaki-kun and a couple of songs for MonMusu which she sang.
Old 2020-08-11, 09:58   Link #1299
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Ironically, he composed the ED for Nozaki-kun and a couple of songs for MonMusu which she sang.
I guess we know how they met then .
Old 2020-08-14, 05:21   Link #1300
saya_leviathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saya_leviathan View Post

Good news! He's now cleared of COVID-19.
saya_leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote