AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-07-17, 03:27   Link #101
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
How exactly would you know how powerful a treant is in this world to say that Rudy should have no chance against it? Or are you assuming using knowledge from other stories as a basis?
Just the way they described it in the fight itself. It was oversized and effectively immune to any non-fire magic. He only won because it "luckily" was stupid and only had one, simple attack pattern.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-17, 04:52   Link #102
Tenzen12

Is Sara and gang Light novel addition or anime original? Because I am pretty sure they weren't in web version. And while I never really liked Rudeus... "problem" and especially it's solution I think it was still better then just shaking that broken heart off and I did like his and Elinalise relationship and not exactly thrilled of her being replaced by bunch of nobodies (even if they are quite likeable).
Old 2023-07-17, 06:39   Link #103
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The animation still seems low when compared to season 1 but some scenes felt like the storyboard artist had steroids due to the sudden increase of production values. Still, I can't tell if Rudeus really recovered from his depression
Old 2023-07-17, 06:41   Link #104
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Is Sara and gang Light novel addition or anime original? Because I am pretty sure they weren't in web version.
They appear in Light Novel.
The whole Volume 7 covers their plot. They are even on the Cover of it.

And while the Manga did initially skip the Depressed Mage Arc, they later created a Side-Story Series to cover it (similar to the one they created for Eris).

Quote:
I did like his and Elinalise relationship and not exactly thrilled of her being replaced by bunch of nobodies (even if they are quite likeable).
The Depressed Mage Arc happens before Rudeus meets her.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")

Last edited by Huh...?; 2023-07-17 at 06:52.
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-17, 09:56   Link #105
kagato3

Quote:
Is Sara and gang Light novel addition or anime original? Because I am pretty sure they weren't in web version. And while I never really liked Rudeus... "problem" and especially it's solution I think it was still better then just shaking that broken heart off and I did like his and Elinalise relationship and not exactly thrilled of her being replaced by bunch of nobodies (even if they are quite likeable).
Sara does show up much later in the web novel as the household hires her and these events are implied to have happened. I can't go much more without hitting spoilers.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-17, 10:21   Link #106
Dark Wing

Yea people tend to forget that Web Novels are usually like the first draft to an official Light Novel. Alterations, Additions, and Replacements of whole plot points do happen.

That being said. I've decided to read the Light Novel while watching along with the anime and I have to be honest. The anime looks good and is passable as an adaption but I like the Light Novels much better with all the small details and world building that anime just seems unable to adapt.

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2023-07-17 at 22:02.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-17, 16:22   Link #107
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I want to see Sara find out about the panties .
The little temple Rudeus built is pretty creepy.

He's come a long way back from lying on the cot in the tent after Eris left. And he burned her hair. I think the next episode should lighten the mood.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-17, 16:28   Link #108
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post

He's come a long way back from lying on the cot in the tent after Eris left. And he burned her hair. I think the next episode should lighten the mood.
Rudy definitely feels classier around Sara than he would've been in season 1.
Old 2023-07-17, 16:56   Link #109
HandofFate

Quote:
yea, they were written, but it after the main story was finished, and there were a bunch of short stories written that took place at different periods of the story.
I guess afterwards, they were inserted into their chronological order.

Don't remember it getting kind of SAO sidestory there at the end though.
Old 2023-07-20, 22:18   Link #110
Strahan

I kept waiting for Rudy to deck that loudmouth, but ah well. Not that said loudmouth is wrong either; Rudy's forced pleasant facade would be a bit weird to deal with. But still, I was kinda hoping he'd snap a lil heh.

Spoiler for EP2, though really if you are on here before watching that's on you heh:

Quote:
I'm hoping this dynamic with Sara goes somewhere myself...
Not me. I hate tsundere, especially ones like her. When I see the writer making then switch to their dere phase, I'd absolutely love it if they confess and the recipient is like "ehhh what? Pfffft, you've been nothing but a major bitch to me, I'll pass" lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Yea, no doubt. The whole panties thing is just cringe AF. It's so bad it gives me feelings of fremdscham pretty often when I see it come up in the show, lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-20, 22:28   Link #111
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Not me. I hate tsundere, especially ones like her. When I see the writer making then switch to their dere phase, I'd absolutely love it if they confess and the recipient is like "ehhh what? Pfffft, you've been nothing but a major bitch to me, I'll pass" lol
I feel like they've handled the emotional transition well here .
Old 2023-07-21, 06:41   Link #112
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Yeah. I think Rudeus' case with Eris was a bigger tsundere but that could be because of all the jokes and Rudeus being more playful back then. The Rudeus from this season seems quite different probably due to the depression.
Old 2023-07-21, 12:08   Link #113
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

New preview is out. Without saying anything, this just made me laugh a lot due to the return of a certain character whose name I can't even remember but her role in season 1 was insane
Old 2023-07-21, 20:16   Link #114
Strahan

Quote:
Yea, at least with Sara it makes sense versus some other tsundere dere-activations I've seen, heh. Saving your life would definitely put a person into a good light

I am also mollified by knowing that if Sara does make a move, ultimately she'll get shot down. No way the MC is going to settle down with a side character. He'll hit it maybe (but I doubt it), but not actually get together. I just wish tsunderes would get their tsun thrown in the face more often as a reason for the GTFO, heh. I swear I remember a show once where the tsundere does the usual punch-in-the-face reaction when embarrassed, and instead of it being played off for laughs bystanders are like "wtf is wrong with you?" It was refreshing lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-21, 22:40   Link #115
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Yea, at least with Sara it makes sense versus some other tsundere dere-activations I've seen, heh. Saving your life would definitely put a person into a good light

I am also mollified by knowing that if Sara does make a move, ultimately she'll get shot down. No way the MC is going to settle down with a side character. He'll hit it maybe (but I doubt it), but not actually get together. I just wish tsunderes would get their tsun thrown in the face more often as a reason for the GTFO, heh. I swear I remember a show once where the tsundere does the usual punch-in-the-face reaction when embarrassed, and instead of it being played off for laughs bystanders are like "wtf is wrong with you?" It was refreshing lol
Honestly I think it would be good for Rudy to at least try for a new relationship to help move on from Eris. I don't think Sara should really pay for being a but tsun-tsun to him in the past now that she's past that point.
Old 2023-07-22, 04:33   Link #116
Tenzen12

While that's not wrong. Dating someone who strongly resemble his ex may be not exactly best way.
Old 2023-07-22, 06:06   Link #117
ryllharu

Quote:
While that's not wrong. Dating someone who strongly resemble his ex may be not exactly best way.
It's such a weird comparison for him to make though, and given the way the anime presented and performed it, I don't find Eris and Sara alike at all.

It feels like Rudeus is projecting his lovelorn feelings onto Sara to make the comparison she is like Eris, when she isn't at all.

Part of the reason that Eris ran away is because of her predilection for dependency on others. Eris is headstrong and fierce, but she never really felt independent. She was always relying on Ghislaine, then Rudeus, then Ruijerd and finally Rudeus again (emotionally this time). She somewhat always needed others as a crutch, and a big part of the reason she didn't feel she was worthy of Rudeus.

Sara on the other hand is incredibly independent, melds immediately into any group because she handles the mid-range with her unconventional bow, and part of the development that Timothy and Suzanne were trying to give her is to have her learn how to handle new people better before she gets stuck in a rut and limits her potential. Basically be more diplomatic like Timothy is.

Sass in the only thing the two have in common, and Sara has nothing on Eris on that front.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-22, 08:51   Link #118
ryllharu

Quote:
So it would be healthy for Rudeus hook up with Sara in who he see Eris, because he is actually wrong and she is nothing like he think she is?

I don't think that's good argument. As long as he see Eris in her, (regardless whether he is right or wrong) it will not be healthy relationship.
I don't think he should hook up with Sara at all, personally. But I also think he is projecting that she reminds him of Eris. I feel like in his state of mind, he'd imagine similarities in any girl about the appropriate age.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-22, 08:52   Link #119
Tenzen12

Sorry I deleted my post wanting rework it altogether, but you were faster

Anyway I don't think that's the case, even if similarities between Eris and Sara are somewhat superfluous they are still very evident. Stubbornness, brattiness and sass are not that common to warrant word "any"
Old 2023-07-22, 09:27   Link #120
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sara is a regular tsundere, Eris is a bitchdere. Similar but not quite. If you put Eris in Sara's shoes, she would have probably beaten Rudeus up multiple times by now.

Tags
fantasy, isekai