AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2020-02-11, 10:31   Link #101
bluestahli1

Is that the official illustration?
bluestahli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-11, 10:38   Link #102
godz

we speak of a god like mahabali whose attacks had the power of pseudo dxd G or maybe dxd G, who managed to tear an arm out of indra and whoever defeated that God is cornered by sairaorg...That's why I feel that baalberith in each new volume shown feels weaker compared to his presentation.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-11, 10:48   Link #103
Hakai

Old 2020-02-11, 10:48   Link #104
XFire
150% done

It's possible he might be actually losing power. Maybe his body couldn't handle that level of power and he's just going to gradually degrade or something.
Old 2020-02-11, 11:31   Link #105
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

I think it is more about the battle between spirit and willpower. Sairaorg born without any talent and need to work his ass off like no tomorrow to get where he is now while Baalberith already have power level at near the top of the food chain when he was born; Sairaorg strive to create his own path while Baal just follow order like a tool. Well i can imagining this kind of battle, it happen a lot in shounen type where logically the heroes/heroines should be beaten like shit by their superior enemy, give out an self-inspiring speech about.......how great his/her ideal is, and suddenly he/she have an power-up pull out of nowhere and his/her enemy suddenly lost the will to fight because of some inspiring speech and...............lost.

Well but yeah this is my guess haha
Old 2020-02-11, 11:52   Link #106
Giuseppe1234

For me Balberith has fought imiting the dragon Oppai, like during the match vs Belial.
Personally is the only solution that i can think...also because in the spoilers he said that he would have fought like the dragon oppai
Giuseppe1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-11, 12:32   Link #107
Lucidrago

We don't know exactly how powerful Balberith is though. We just know he has the potential to be as strong as a Dragon God. Not that he's at that level right now.

Besides Sairaorg may have gained a new more powerful form in preparation for his fight against Indra. A form that surpasses Breakdown the Beast in power and where Sairaorg's and Regulus' consciousness are completely linked but doesn't shave years off his life. Like the form only lasts like a few minutes but gives him explosive power on par with a Top 10 being like Indra but after using it he can't don Regulus for like a week or something like that. And Regulus' power takes a while to restore after Sairaorg uses that form.

Just my guess. And if Sairaorg did gain such a form I'd imagine the fight between him and Indra would look a lot like Might Guy vs Madara in Naruto.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-11, 13:24   Link #108
Hakai

Maybe Sairaorg finally awakened power of destruction
Old 2020-02-11, 13:49   Link #109
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
We don't know exactly how powerful Balberith is though. We just know he has the potential to be as strong as a Dragon God. Not that he's at that level right now.

Besides Sairaorg may have gained a new more powerful form in preparation for his fight against Indra. A form that surpasses Breakdown the Beast in power and where Sairaorg's and Regulus' consciousness are completely linked but doesn't shave years off his life. Like the form only lasts like a few minutes but gives him explosive power on par with a Top 10 being like Indra but after using it he can't don Regulus for like a week or something like that. And Regulus' power takes a while to restore after Sairaorg uses that form.

Just my guess. And if Sairaorg did gain such a form I'd imagine the fight between him and Indra would look a lot like Might Guy vs Madara in Naruto.
Oh, that could be kinda cool. Explosive overclocking is always a neat power up.
Old 2020-02-11, 13:55   Link #110
godz

if you see the image carefully, sairaorg looks cool while baalbertih is with a pair of broken teeth and teary eyes ... the guy who in his presentation with his scary aura to vali as issei and humiliates a powerful God in these conditions is insulting to a superdevil.

so I hope you are right, that it is a power up of sairaorg or the new demons are the worst disappointment of DXD.

ps: forgive me, but the oppai dragon is the worst thing that happened to baalbertih
Old 2020-02-11, 14:01   Link #111
Giuseppe1234

Quote:

Someone who defeat mahabali (top 10) and others 5 gods of the fights only with Verrine without any damage and fatigue, finding the fight boring. Probably it is even at the level of shiva.
Considering that not even Indra can do it.

Breakdown the best is the release of all the regulus' power, puting him only over the maou class, regulus can not give to Sairaorg more power...it's like to say that now Iseei only with the power of Ddraig become Dragon God without the use of the infinity or of Great red's power, which is impossible because Ddraig is not even near to that level. Or that Sairaorg has an increase of power that put him as strong as shiva.
At this point i can say that Mil-tan can defeat trihexa with a power up

Probably Balberith has fought imiting the dragon oppai like he said in the spoiler and is a good reason.
Old 2020-02-11, 14:44   Link #112
AzazelDxD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe1234 View Post
Someone who defeat mahabali (top 10) and others 5 gods of the fights only with Verrine without any damage and fatigue, finding the fight boring.
Despite the battle that he had against Indra that Mahabali is not in the TOP 10 that Ishi mentioned in the novels..

Despite that is worthy to fight against someone like Indra who is in that Top.

Oppai Dragon Style. That nerfed Bal.
AzazelDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-11, 15:00   Link #113
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzazelDxD View Post
Despite the battle that he had against Indra that Mahabali is not in the TOP 10 that Ishi mentioned in the novels..

Despite that is worthy to fight against someone like Indra who is in that Top.

Oppai Dragon Style. That nerfed Bal.
That top is old and useless now and for how much we have seen about Mahabali, he is a God in top 10
Old 2020-02-11, 15:04   Link #114
cyberdemon

He might not be nerfed so much as he is conflicted about this fight since it has him going up against the Chichiryuutei that he so admires which is dulling his strength. He does have a tear in his eye.

Thinking about it. Sairaorg currently has an unused mutation piece. Think he could recruit Baalberith after their fight? It would give him an extra edge towards his fight with Indra. Would be interesting since it is a pawn, the same piece as his beloved Chichiryuutei. He would probably see it as a sign that it was meant to be. Plus it would give him another chance to face Issei if they manage to somehow win against Indra.
Old 2020-02-11, 15:33   Link #115
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
He might not be nerfed so much as he is conflicted about this fight since it has him going up against the Chichiryuutei that he so admires which is dulling his strength. He does have a tear in his eye.

Thinking about it. Sairaorg currently has an unused mutation piece. Think he could recruit Baalberith after their fight? It would give him an extra edge towards his fight with Indra. Would be interesting since it is a pawn, the same piece as his beloved Chichiryuutei. He would probably see it as a sign that it was meant to be. Plus it would give him another chance to face Issei if they manage to somehow win against Indra.
Where have been said that he has an unused mutation piece?Considering that he used 7 pieces to regulus and not use the mutation piece would be strange. Balberith will be a servitor of Iseei in his peerage or put under the protection of Issei
And defeat Indra is totally impossible and useless at level of plot, considering that Indra gived to Iseei Amrita, only because when they will fight, he wants a great fight.
And Ishibumi has said that he will never write another Sairaorg vs Issei because for him, he can’t do a match as beautiful as that

Last edited by Giuseppe1234; 2020-02-11 at 15:44.
Old 2020-02-11, 15:46   Link #116
godz

now I wonder, how difficult must the oppai dragon style be so that even God-level beings if they don't execute it well they look strongly nerfed...
I had always seen the oppai dragon style as blows and simple kicks.
Old 2020-02-11, 15:57   Link #117
XFire
150% done

Just to be clear, Oppai Dragon style is not the way Issei actually fights.

It's how the actor fights in the Oppai Dragon show.

I.e. like a power ranger/ sentai character, with hugely exaggerated posing and such.
Old 2020-02-11, 16:09   Link #118
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Just to be clear, Oppai Dragon style is not the way Issei actually fights.

It's how the actor fights in the Oppai Dragon show.

I.e. like a power ranger/ sentai character, with hugely exaggerated posing and such.
If I am not mistaken, Baalberith was basing his fighting style on Issei, since he saw the videos of his fighting for example against Riser and Sairaorg.

this is named in dxd volume 25 and shin dxd 2
Old 2020-02-11, 16:11   Link #119
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe1234 View Post
Someone who defeat mahabali (top 10) and others 5 gods of the fights only with Verrine without any damage and fatigue, finding the fight boring. Probably it is even at the level of shiva.
Considering that not even Indra can do it.

Breakdown the best is the release of all the regulus' power, puting him only over the maou class, regulus can not give to Sairaorg more power...it's like to say that now Iseei only with the power of Ddraig become Dragon God without the use of the infinity or of Great red's power, which is impossible because Ddraig is not even near to that level. Or that Sairaorg has an increase of power that put him as strong as shiva.
At this point i can say that Mil-tan can defeat trihexa with a power up

Probably Balberith has fought imiting the dragon oppai like he said in the spoiler and is a good reason.
Well there were two different points in those matches. Team Black Satan of Darkness Dragon King vs Team Asura was supposed to be a curbstomp match just so we would know how scarily powerful Balberith and Verrine(Super Devils) were by defeating a bunch of battle gods with basically no effort. And also it was a preliminary match that didn't cause Mahabali much besides breaking his winning streak as he still made it to the main stage.

The point of Team Vajra vs Team Asura was to really show Mahabali's determination in defeating Indra, showcasing what a fight between a bunch of gods are like, and showcasing Indra's power. It was a match in the main stage which meant that the winning team of that match would advance and the losing team would no longer be in the tournament. So there was more at stake in this match than with Mahabali's match with Zeno's team. Especially with facing Indra since Indra killed Mahabali's father(inser Star Wars reference here).

So the matches could have been equally one-sided except that one match had way more at stake for Mahabali than the other. So giving Mahabali a kind of victory by cutting off Indra's arm was kind of neccessary as I believe Indra vs Mahabali was basically a one-sided fight in my view due to Indra's power.

So in my view the circumstances were very different in both matches that caused Ishibumi to write them differently. But if he wanted Indra to completely destroy Mahabali and his team while taking no damage, I'm pretty sure he would have done it.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-11, 16:16   Link #120
godz

Quote:
Well there were two different points in those matches. Team Black Satan of Darkness Dragon King vs Team Asura was supposed to be a curbstomp match just so we would know how scarily powerful Balberith and Verrine(Super Devils) were by defeating a bunch of battle gods with basically no effort. And also it was a preliminary match that didn't cause Mahabali much besides breaking his winning streak as he still made it to the main stage.

The point of Team Vajra vs Team Asura was to really show Mahabali's determination in defeating Indra, showcasing what a fight between a bunch of gods are like, and showcasing Indra's power. It was a match in the main stage which meant that the winning team of that match would advance and the losing team would no longer be in the tournament. So there was more at stake in this match than with Mahabali's match with Zeno's team. Especially with facing Indra since Indra killed Mahabali's father(inser Star Wars reference here).

So the matches could have been equally one-sided except that one match had way more at stake for Mahabali than the other. So giving Mahabali a kind of victory by cutting off Indra's arm was kind of neccessary as I believe Indra vs Mahabali was basically a one-sided fight in my view due to Indra's power.

So in my view the circumstances were very different in both matches that caused Ishibumi to write them differently. But if he wanted Indra to completely destroy Mahabali and his team while taking no damage, I'm pretty sure he would have done it.
Mahabali is a powerful god, that's why it was so surprising that his entire team was defeated by two overwhelmingly unknown ... a sample of the incredible power of Verrine and Baalberith but now Oppai Dragon Baalberith is more accessible, to the point as the Image being hurt to the point of losing two teeth to Sairaorg.

"God Mahabali was…on a whole different level. Even after being wounded and having received Sakra’s lightning, he still managed to counterattack furiously. All of God Mahabali’s attacks were so powerful that even the shockwave produced by a slash from his Godly Sword was enough to blow up a mountain on the field! Xenovia said as she gulped.

“…Watching all of these attacks, this truly feels like a mythological-scale battle.”

Just like what Xenovia said, the field’s terrain and scenery were blown away by attacks from every single one of them…Movies and CG graphics were like a joke compared to them. Rias said.

“And I’ve heard that they’ve strengthened the field’s durability since the prelims. So for them to be able to destroy the field… Once again, we can see how scary the War God and Godly Asura Tribe can be.”

…Shit. Each of their attacks felt as strong as my Dragon Deification’s ace move, [Infinity Blaster]!" shin dxd 2