Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2019-10-13, 01:34   Link #101
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Did they say Gil is a caster? I probably misunderstood, unless people that aren't servants can also be called casters
The Gil they meet is a living human (well, demi-god, I suppose...). But he could be summoned as a caster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Man, seems to be a lot of those going around .
And it's not over!
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-13, 01:41   Link #102
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This is a more interesting version of Gilgamesh. Obviously I don't care much for the psychopath who has genocide on his mind half the time. But this one has clearly been putting in the effort to keep his entire world from being overrun. He's making fairly good calls and putting people towards the right task. But...it is still Gilgamesh. Of course he'd just start attacking people rather than chat . He can become a wiser ruler after his journey, but that doesn't mean he became a totally different person.

Some good moments though. I enjoyed the showdown with Enkidu. Ana put in some work despite clearly not having the pure firepower to face off against someone like him. While Merlin seems like a piece of work himself...he did get them out of that pinch. They probably wouldn't get anywhere near a victory fighting Enkidu for real longer than they did.
Old 2019-10-13, 04:40   Link #103
Thess

Quote:
I know who Lev was. I was talking about the shaded figure behind the the Three Goddesses in the Opening.
Compare that shot with this one:

Spoiler for episode 0: King of Mages:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-13, 04:54   Link #104
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
The epic does usually have Gilgamesh choose to become a better king upon returning to Uruk so it's not like his current disposition can be wholly attributed to any distortions. If anything it's all pretty faithful to the source material.
Quote:
It also feels kind of full-circle to the story where he started off as a wise and benevolent person before he hit puberty and becomes more like the Gilgamesh usually see in Fate before meeting Enkidu .
Thanks. I had forgotten that Gil we have seen up to now always been the one before his character development kicked in his origins.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-13, 05:00   Link #105
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
*snip*
Its no Holy Grail War where Servants are summoned in a Battle Royale for a wish. So, there is literally no reason why each different Servant you see have to be fit in a different Servant class.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-13, 12:19   Link #106
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Its no Holy Grail War where Servants are summoned in a Battle Royale for a wish. So, there is literally no reason why each different Servant you see have to be fit in a different Servant class.
Okay...I assumed whenever the Grail appeared in a Singularity they encountered there was some variant of the Holy Grail War that kicked in and led to different Servants being summoned that our heroes would have to deal with. Seems it's a lot different then that .
Old 2019-10-13, 12:28   Link #107
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

We finally got to meet Merlin and I can totally buy that guy had Artoria grow a dick just for fun. I didn't even know he was impossible to summon until now, and I suppose the explanation works. I wonder why Fou hates him. I wonder what Fou even is, actually.
Merlin gives away one of its names, cath palug. A monster in English/French folklore said to have killed 9 scores (180) of warriors. Tails have it slain by Sir Kay or Arthur or some times slaying Arthur. So yeah our pet is a tiny murder machine.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-13, 13:15   Link #108
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Definitely the Killer Rabbit in Monty Python movie.
Old 2019-10-13, 15:23   Link #109
Kakurin
大佐

Among all the highlights the one I liked best was seeing Ere-chan in the OP.
Can't wait for her to appear in the actual part as well.
Old 2019-10-13, 15:41   Link #110
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm looking forward to the Ishtar o'clock moments.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-13, 16:27   Link #111
Blueknight78

wow, they really managed to make another "good fate" serie after the bad 2 ones last time from that "grand order serie", now i really can understand what is happening without need "help from peoples which played the game, thanks goods.

it even managed to make me want to have watched all the others "6 time travels", to know more about things, really looking foward to the next episode.

and before i forget "THIS IS SPARTAN!!!!!, looking foward to see "leonidas" badass.
Old 2019-10-13, 16:40   Link #112
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
and before i forget "THIS IS SPARTAN!!!!!, looking foward to see "leonidas" badass.
In fact, should be: THIS IS URUK!!!!!
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-13, 17:05   Link #113
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I must have missed something... why does "Cuteified Murder" make a gnarl face at Merlin?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-13, 17:58   Link #114
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I must have missed something... why does "Cuteified Murder" make a gnarl face at Merlin?
Merlin made a comment along the lines of "You act this way even after I raised you for so long", so it can be read into that Fou is just tired of his trolley ex-roommate.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-13, 18:42   Link #115
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Merlin made a comment along the lines of "You act this way even after I raised you for so long", so it can be read into that Fou is just tired of his trolley ex-roommate.
I wonder how he'd feel about the alternative

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2019-10-13, 23:53   Link #116
Thess

Quote:
He leaves clear he knows Fou and calls him "Cath Palug". The reason why is written in Garden of Avalon LN (adapted in CD Drama). Here's a short visual version that was published with Mortalis Stella volume 1. One of the official adaptations of FGO:

Spoiler for fou and merlin:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2019-10-14, 00:56   Link #117
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
wow, they really managed to make another "good fate" serie after the bad 2 ones last time from that "grand order serie", now i really can understand what is happening without need "help from peoples which played the game, thanks goods.

it even managed to make me want to have watched all the others "6 time travels", to know more about things, really looking foward to the next episode.

Lord El-Melloi II Case Files
was great. If you haven't watched it, it gets highest recommendations from me.
Old 2019-10-14, 04:25   Link #118
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
He leaves clear he knows Fou and calls him "Cath Palug". The reason why is written in Garden of Avalon LN (adapted in CD Drama). Here's a short visual version that was published with Mortalis Stella volume 1. One of the official adaptations of FGO:

Spoiler for fou and merlin:
I know that they know each other
So basically Fou is annoyed because he got thrown out of the nest like a little bird?

Old 2019-10-14, 05:23   Link #119
Thess

Quote:
I know that they know each other
So basically Fou is annoyed because he got thrown out of the nest like a little bird?
He was tossed off an extremely tall tower without a warning when he wanted to cozy up and embrace the NEET lifestyle.

Old 2019-10-19, 15:31   Link #120
Dextro
He Without a Title

I must say, Mashu keeps growing cutter by the episode. That skirt? Mamma mia! What a feast for the eyes