AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2020-07-05, 22:14   Link #101
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by McW View Post
Man coloseum is broken! Yesterday my guild of 14 member fought an one-man guild, and today fought a guild that triple our stats. Not going anywhere in this.
Will remain broken forever. Matchmaker for Colosseum plain sucks even now
Old 2020-07-06, 03:05   Link #102
GDB

Everyone also started at the same level, so...
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-06, 03:33   Link #103
McW
Canaan II When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Everyone also started at the same level, so...
Whale power. The more gacha you do you get better weapons, plus you can level skills by using weapon as exp. I'm around 25K at weapons and 21K on magic, a lot of slots are fill with A rank weapons.
McW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-06, 12:32   Link #104
Kafriel
Senior Guest

A rank weapons are pretty much garbage. What I'm currently doing for power is:
1. Leveling my main grid, obviously, because it gets a better boost than the sub-grid.
2. Evolving my armour. Yes, I know that the next event will have better armour, but until then it's two weeks worth of colosseum and the rewards are too good to pass up on just for some armor mats and exp. Plus my old armor will make it to the sub-grid, which is currently empty.
3. Doing the shattered memories event. Chrono shop is super convenient, it has a lot of stuff to power up quickly.

That said, I pulled twice today, since we got some apologems, and got fuck all. I think it's best to just wait until your preferred weapon type has a rank UP chance, because I kept drawing bows and axes.

Colosseum is probably going to always be weird, because if a mediocre team trashes weaksauce teams and gets a high rank, they'll be up against impossible teams, like there's this guild where everyone's 70k+ now, it's crazy.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-06, 23:18   Link #105
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post

Colosseum is probably going to always be weird, because if a mediocre team trashes weaksauce teams and gets a high rank, they'll be up against impossible teams, like there's this guild where everyone's 70k+ now, it's crazy.
And that's the issue with Colosseum. The match maker takes absolutely no consideration of overall stat or member count. In fact I don't even think there's a stat-floor for the various subdivisons so a team made up of whales could in theory join the lowest division and ROFL-stomp everything for fun
Old 2020-07-07, 02:08   Link #106
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
And that's the issue with Colosseum. The match maker takes absolutely no consideration of overall stat or member count. In fact I don't even think there's a stat-floor for the various subdivisons so a team made up of whales could in theory join the lowest division and ROFL-stomp everything for fun
More than likely it does (at one point), but when there aren't any guilds with similar power levels in the queue, it chooses to mismatch you with stronger opponents rather than let you wait a bit longer.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-07, 10:36   Link #107
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
More than likely it does (at one point), but when there aren't any guilds with similar power levels in the queue, it chooses to mismatch you with stronger opponents rather than let you wait a bit longer.
Once you have joined the subdivision (as GM IIRC) then who you face next is determined by winner vs winner of the round. However I don't recall whether there is any stat limit for joining a given subdivision since I was never GM before and didn't bother to ask anyone in my previous guilds. Obviously stronger guilds would join in higher divisions purely because rewards are better but I don't know whether they can join weaker ones if they wanted
Old 2020-07-07, 13:49   Link #108
Kafriel
Senior Guest

We're getting the first raid tomorrow. I hear people at 60k power saying they'll "try their best", do I even stand a chance at 40k?

As for guilds, I think the higher you can go the better, even if you lose, although I haven't sat down to calculate actual profits from a low-end win compared to a high-end loss.
Old 2020-07-07, 16:46   Link #109
GDB

At the third stage, no 40k will stand no chance.

Stage one, maybe, stage two, perhaps. Stage three is legit difficult.

It'd be different if your weapon grid were tailored to the fight and only at 40k, but I'd assume this early it's still a mishmash.
Old 2020-07-07, 21:44   Link #110
McW
Canaan II When?

Quote:
At the third stage, no 40k will stand no chance.

Stage one, maybe, stage two, perhaps. Stage three is legit difficult.

It'd be different if your weapon grid were tailored to the fight and only at 40k, but I'd assume this early it's still a mishmash.
Did they really expect us to grind up to 60K-70K or more in a week, I started 5 days ago and playing casually won't hit that mark. Did JP had the same pace on release? In a week 2 on going event at the same time and a 3rd one (raid?) coming.
Old 2020-07-07, 22:52   Link #111
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by McW View Post
Did JP had the same pace on release? In a week 2 on going event at the same time and a 3rd one (raid?) coming.
Most people didn't solo the third node until 2-3 raid cycles later. You are expected to either call your guild members to help or ally with others. But IIRC, the raid did not get released this early.....It's the water snake boss right? The one where Snow White gets dmg buff up? Even more insane thinking anyone in Eng server will be able to clear it on their own only 2 weeks in
Old 2020-07-08, 03:56   Link #112
GDB

Yeah, that's the one. And looking at JP, this is only a little faster than that. JP had it 11 days after release, ENG is getting it... 7-8 if today, otherwise even closer to JP's timeline.
Old 2020-07-08, 10:19   Link #113
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Wow, raid's absolute BS! The boss has so much HP, it's basically only for 80k+ people, and even then, it's hard. And by that, I mean v1. Fuck that.

Colosseum is even funnier, got matched up with a team of 100k's. Tonight will be hilarious.
Old 2020-07-08, 11:47   Link #114
Dark Wing

So is this just another pay to win gatcha bullshit money sink? I gave it a fair chance really I did but from what hear in this thread I'll finish the story but I don't think I'll give it much more time then that.
Old 2020-07-08, 13:28   Link #115
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, quite honestly, you can't get strong if you don't pull, but the game does offer a lot of free gems. That said, the competition is freakin' real in this game, people are trying to max out everything ASAP, so the guild battles will be a sad tale until you can take your time and, you know, make an actual build over time instead of buying one and praying for good RNG.

The new event is super tough, but doesn't have any rewards to speak of. The previous two are a lot more manageable, as far as you can get enough total power to unlock them.
Old 2020-07-08, 15:59   Link #116
GDB

The new event's reward is an SSR Nightmare, though.

But it's a rotating event that's meant to be here for the long haul. You aren't SUPPOSED to be able to beat it without whaling yet, but will in the future.
Old 2020-07-08, 20:15   Link #117
McW
Canaan II When?

So the raid's requirement is 40K+ ? No wonder I couldn't find the raid on the event page, I'm far from that. Just opened the 30K quest on the Cindellera envy event and I'm getting rekt there...

BTW yesterday I figured out after the update they implemented language filter on the game. After editting my gears I got an error message "Forbidden Characters cannot be used", tried switch job/character and still getting it... didn't know what it was until I tried to ask on the chat and got the same error. Then I realized that "Character" and "Word" share the same kanji, the error was you can't type "Class" without spelling "ass" that trigger that. And I had "Class" word on my Gear set name, that's why.
Old 2020-07-08, 23:01   Link #118
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Yeah, that's the one. And looking at JP, this is only a little faster than that. JP had it 11 days after release, ENG is getting it... 7-8 if today, otherwise even closer to JP's timeline.
Oh yeah, in which case, this boss doesn't really have anything special in terms of weakness.

For those attempting it now, just use Snow White and throw as much Wind firepower at it as you can. Good luck being able to do that at this stage though. But don't worry. This boss is the weakest of the lot. Even casual players routinely one-shot the hardest node these days so just give it time.

Quote:
That said, the competition is freakin' real in this game, people are trying to max out everything ASAP,

It's happening even in EN? lmao.....I wonder how many are overseas players from JP opening secondary accounts
Old 2020-07-09, 14:53   Link #119
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
So the raid's requirement is 40K+ ? No wonder I couldn't find the raid on the event page, I'm far from that.
Not sure if the raid has a requirement, but if you don't see it, then it's not open. Like guerilla events, the raid opens up for half an hour, four times a day. One is right after colosseum and one is 7h earlier.

Quote:
It's happening even in EN? lmao.....I wonder how many are overseas players from JP opening secondary accounts
Got a couple of players in JP timezones, and one Chinese player in the guild. Most are actually European, and really love their grimoires. As for myself, I am now at the very bottom with 49k power, while the top sorc is going 80k w/o orbs and the fighters are in the 90k's. I'll just farm armor materials and wait for the NieR banner and events, pull once or twice and come what may, I'll have a stronger grid.

P.S: Guild going strong, made it rank 2 yesterday on division C, crushed tonight's fight too.
Old 2020-07-09, 20:49   Link #120
McW
Canaan II When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Got a couple of players in JP timezones, and one Chinese player in the guild. Most are actually European, and really love their grimoires. As for myself, I am now at the very bottom with 49k power, while the top sorc is going 80k w/o orbs and the fighters are in the 90k's. I'll just farm armor materials and wait for the NieR banner and events, pull once or twice and come what may, I'll have a stronger grid.

P.S: Guild going strong, made it rank 2 yesterday on division C, crushed tonight's fight too.
Good for you, meanwhile I lost today very badly to a 4-2 guild. While our top 2 are pretty strong into the 80K+, me right using support set rank 8th with 28K and if I switch to DSP set I would be 3th on Vanguards with 32K, average. It seem you're on one of the early top guilds