AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2014-12-17, 20:46   Link #101
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, it fell apart when the Blue Skull's GM called Mavis out on her 'troops'.

He made Mavis cry - he shall die.
Old 2014-12-18, 13:50   Link #102
Krono

On another note, evidence continues to mount for Zeira not actually being there.

When the old man gets killed, Zeira's show right behind Mavis in the reaction shots, but isn't present in the overhead shot.

Yuri moves to protect Mavis from the next attack, but no one shows any concern for Zeira.

Warrod only calls out to Mavis while they're running away, and Zeira is again not present in the overhead shot, despite having last been seen tugging Mavis along.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-19, 16:42   Link #103
Robotech Master

Man, if Zeira turns out to be an elaborate illusion spell from Mavis, I don't want to know what it means that her fabrications are into Furo Les Yay scenes.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-23, 22:34   Link #104
chaos_animagic

If Mavis can indeed create Zeira out of illusion...

that just means Mavis does have "summoning magic" and possibly "creation magic"... because Zeira can have physical contacts, emotions, and communicate with others like an individual.

So... if the above is true,
Mavis can potentially turn her "fakes" into "reals" and that army won't just be bluffs anymore, LOL.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 02:11   Link #105
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Man, if Zeira turns out to be an elaborate illusion spell from Mavis, I don't want to know what it means that her fabrications are into Furo Les Yay scenes.
She's more likely a ghost only Mavis can see, or something that only exists in Mavis' head; than she is to be an illusion everyone sees through.
Old 2014-12-24, 15:50   Link #106
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Ultimate Plot Twist: everything is in Mavis' head. Including the main FT story.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-02, 19:31   Link #107
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I finally got around to reading the next chapter and my god was that a surprise plot twist. I didn't expect blue skull to be so strong, and FT to be so weak. Now... I'm excited.

This is going to be excellent. I don't know if I totally get this vibe, but it somehow resembles Scrapped Princess in a way now with all the travelling, and the weird homey feel... and running away from somewhere before having to return.

I can't put my finger on it because there are many differences between the two series... but I somehow find a resemblance... It just feels similar somehow in a good way.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-02, 22:25   Link #108
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I finally got around to reading the next chapter and my god was that a surprise plot twist. I didn't expect blue skull to be so strong, and FT to be so weak. Now... I'm excited.

This is going to be excellent. I don't know if I totally get this vibe, but it somehow resembles Scrapped Princess in a way now with all the travelling, and the weird homey feel... and running away from somewhere before having to return.

I can't put my finger on it because there are many differences between the two series... but I somehow find a resemblance... It just feels similar somehow in a good way.
Ah, but they AREN'T Fairy Tail yet, are they?

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 11:23   Link #109
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Wonder if they're gonna find Fairies in the forest to teach them ~~
Old 2015-01-04, 11:40   Link #110
ImperialFlameGod8190

I suspect that as far as the guild is concerned they werent originally strong but used Mavis's strategy skills to win and little by little they eventually got far stronger. I suspect the battle potential probably started closer to Purehito's rule although i am curious because i dont see purehito in this so he'll come after all these events

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 15:01   Link #111
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I suspect that as far as the guild is concerned they werent originally strong but used Mavis's strategy skills to win and little by little they eventually got far stronger. I suspect the battle potential probably started closer to Purehito's rule although i am curious because i dont see purehito in this so he'll come after all these events
What do you mean you don't see him in this? His correct name is Precht, and we just saw how he lost his eye.
Old 2015-01-04, 17:24   Link #112
Casshern

It's a nice touch that Precht was using chains to fight even before he learned magic. I hope we get to see how and why he went "dark side". There just wasn't enough Hades in the original manga imo so glad we get to see more of him here.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 20:10   Link #113
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
It's a nice touch that Precht was using chains to fight even before he learned magic. I hope we get to see how and why he went "dark side". There just wasn't enough Hades in the original manga imo so glad we get to see more of him here.
Most likely it'll involve the creation of Lumen Histoire and how he was probably against the whole ordeal.
Old 2015-01-05, 22:03   Link #114
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Surprised to find out that original FT members (except Mavis) don't fight with any magic. Then I remember they're a treasure hunter guild and not a mage one. So I guess they'll just go learn some huh? I like how in FT's world anyone can learn magic and not just a select "chosen ones" or only people born with it.
Old 2015-01-06, 02:49   Link #115
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yeah... Kinda weird that not every adventurer-type guild isn't also a mage guild. Because magic looks like a huge advantage in the field.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-06, 16:28   Link #116
ellifeedn
Thinker

I'm sure magic is a huge advantage in any field.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 09:54   Link #117
immblueversion

So Zeref, a wizard who does nothing but kill, wound up giving birth to Fairy Tail. That's...trippy.

On that note, their journey from the island and magic training took 85 days in total. I wonder how much of that was their magic training. And since the birth of Fairy Tail is so close, I can seriously see this getting adapted as a movie.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 11:31   Link #118
Kafriel
Senior Guest

So, Zeref's nekkid body was burned into Mavis' brain and then he taught everyone magic, because....uh, iunno, they were being nice? At least this chapter also revealed a bit about Zeref, namely the fact that he is cursed with a deathtouch that feeds on negative emotions...and of course, that creates a lot more questions!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 11:33   Link #119
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
So, Zeref's nekkid body was burned into Mavis' brain and then he taught everyone magic, because....uh, iunno, they were being nice? At least this chapter also revealed a bit about Zeref, namely the fact that he is cursed with a deathtouch that feeds on negative emotions...and of course, that creates a lot more questions!
The council would've had a field day if they knew that FT was created using magic that they had learned from Zeref.
Old 2015-01-19, 12:07   Link #120
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
The council would've had a field day if they knew that FT was created using magic that they had learned from Zeref.
This post is ironic if you've been keeping with FT the main series.