*run*
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 18:18   Link #102
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Honestly, if she isn't an Avatar for Madoka, I'll be a bit disappointed. They already have an excellent cast of characters that people love, so for what purpose would she truly serve? Is she just being created and having the story molded to fit her so they can make merchandise of a sixth girl? I really hope that isn't the case.
Isn't reducing a character to just being a 'disguise' for an existing character what would truly be merchandise-whoring, honestly? It's not like these characters exist in a vacuum, and having a character we have no context for from the Witch-verse is a pretty good way of contrasting Madoka's new universe. Especially if this is a character who can only exist in the new universe (Her parents were eaten by Witches before they could have her, or something).
Old 2013-09-03, 18:37   Link #103
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Yes, finally someone made mention of the magical IPS baby theory! About time.

Kind of bummed out that, given the stable of characters the franchise already has via spinoffs, they still decided to create a new one for the movie. Boo.

My favorite crackpot theory so far from other fora though is how Nagisa will be the "Kaworu" to Homura for this movie (ala Rebuild 3.33).
Old 2013-09-03, 18:47   Link #104
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Honestly, if she isn't an Avatar for Madoka, I'll be a bit disappointed. They already have an excellent cast of characters that people love, so for what purpose would she truly serve?
Yes, it's an excellent cast, but it's small and frankly could use some growth. This is especially true since Madoka and Sayaka aren't likely to be around for most of the movie. Homura, Mami, Kyouko, and Kyubey are excellent characters, but there's only so much you can do with just the four of them that will seem fresh. Hitomi will likely retain some involvement, possibly achieve even greater involvement, but that just brings us to five. Having a brand new character just to act as a bit of an "X" factor is definitely a plus in my view. That being said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post

Kind of bummed out that, given the stable of characters the franchise already has via spinoffs, they still decided to create a new one for the movie. Boo.
Yeah, I see your point. It would be cool to have Oriko and/or Kirika show up in the movie (I'm sure some would add Kazumi, but I was never into her manga much). Of course, that might still happen, but it seems less likely given the new Nagisa character.
Old 2013-09-03, 19:21   Link #105
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Need to ask, where did the idea that the movie will be set in Kasamino start? I know it's the neighboring city beside Mitakihara and Asunairo (where Kasumi Magica is set), and Kyouko's home was there, but what's the sudden jump in significance?
Old 2013-09-03, 20:10   Link #106
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I just noticed that all the movie 3 posters still have Homura with her original shield/sand dial, which implies she still has her original powers for some time.
She doesn't have Madoka's ribbon either, so this might not be the new world. We'll have to wait and see.
Old 2013-09-03, 20:35   Link #107
KoiYuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Has anyone considered the possibility that this girl isn't meant to literally be Madoka, but evocative of her in a way that gets Homura's goat? I can see the moment where Homura's crying and it looks like Madoka's comforting her, then she turns around and it's Nagisa.
Only issue with that is that Homura has her old headband.

Quote:
And with her first transformation, she has a vision of a dark-haired girl.
Wait, why don't I remember this?
KoiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 20:37   Link #108
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiYuki View Post
Wait, why don't I remember this?
Because he's speculating the character's background who hasn't had any air time?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 20:46   Link #109
KoiYuki

Quote:
Because he's speculating the character's background who hasn't had any air time?
Oops, I read it as "had" instead of "has".
Old 2013-09-03, 21:17   Link #110
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Ok, now we have the 6 power rangers now in full colour!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 03:09   Link #111
woxx

I'm afraid of next scenario: this new girl should be some kind of evil. Homura knows something, so she will try to haunt and kill her, while Mami will protect... I just hope this won't happen.
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 07:55   Link #112
Mumi
SHSL Nerd

Ok new theory time, Nagisa has a dark secret and Homura finds out about it. Homura then proceeds to try and kill her but Mami tries to protect her, hence why in the trailer Mami and Homura are fighting. Also hence why Nagisa is standing next to Mami looking scared in the movie poster.
Old 2013-09-04, 19:14   Link #113
KoiYuki

What I'm wondering is why she's shown untransformed even though she has a ring in the group picture.
Old 2013-09-04, 20:18   Link #114
Jimmy C

Which group picture? If it's the one with the news, how can you even tell if she has a ring or not?
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 21:05   Link #115
Kazu-kun

So, Until now I've always thought that Homura had a bow and wings in the new world since the moment she became a magical girl. That would make perfect logical sense, all things considering....

But Urobuchi doesn't care much about logic when it comes to technicalities such as how the powers work and so on, and coupled with what the trailer shows and the news about this Nagisa girl, I started to change my mind.

Let's see. We know that the original Homura lands in the new world right after a fight with the mayu, the fight in which Sayaka disappears. The next time we see Homura is in the scene in which she encounters Madoka's family. In that scene she's already changed. She looks more at peace with herself. She even offers one of Madoka's ribbons to Junko, which is a pretty big clue she was comes to terms with things.

What I wonder is, what happened in between those two scenes?

Well, I think the third movie happened.

I think the third movie will take place right after the original Homura lands in the new world, but before her encounter with Madoka's family. It will show how she struggles to comes to terms with the fact that Madoka isn't there anymore, and also how she gains her new powers. I mean, let's say she still has her shield for some reason (she shouldn't have, but again, let's forget logic) but of course, the time hax doesn't work anymore, so she can only uses guns to fight (which would explain what we see in the trailer: her fight with Mami and so on).

Then this Nagisa girl appears. Maybe she really is a fragment of Madoka, and she comes to warn the girls about something. Initially Hamura is conflicted and wants nothing with it, but eventually she hears her out and saves the world along with Mami and Kyoko.

Along the way, Homura gets over her depression and at the end she begins to wear Madoka's ribbon. And after that, Nagisa, surprise surprise, turns into Homura's bow and wings.

Yeah, something like that. I don't like it one bit because I wanted to see Homura fight with her new powers in the movie, and if I'm right, she will be using guns the whole time instead. I hope I'm wrong because we already saw that in the series, and I wanted something new....

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-09-04 at 21:49.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 21:16   Link #116
KoiYuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Which group picture? If it's the one with the news, how can you even tell if she has a ring or not?
I don't remember what I was doing, but I zoomed in on it for some reason and saw it. Here:
Old 2013-09-05, 03:42   Link #117
Jimmy C

Well, in that case, if she isn't transformed, of course she has her ring.
And I doubt that her MG costume, it's too... bland, even compared to Homura's, which you could say was as plain as a school uniform.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 09:04   Link #118
KoiYuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Well, in that case, if she isn't transformed, of course she has her ring.
And I doubt that her MG costume, it's too... bland, even compared to Homura's, which you could say was as plain as a school uniform.
I meant why she's in regular clothes but already a magical girl (evidenced by the ring) when everyone else in he picture is transformed. That can't be her costume either, or else the ring would be gone. Maybe it's a spoiler what she wears?
Old 2013-09-05, 10:05   Link #119
maximilianjenus
[E]

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
So, Until now I've always thought that Homura had a bow and wings in the new world since the moment she became a magical girl. That would make perfect logical sense, all things considering....

But Urobuchi doesn't care much about logic when it comes to technicalities such as how the powers work and so on, and coupled with what the trailer shows and the news about this Nagisa girl, I started to change my mind.

Let's see. We know that the original Homura lands in the new world right after a fight with the mayu, the fight in which Sayaka disappears. The next time we see Homura is in the scene in which she encounters Madoka's family. In that scene she's already changed. She looks more at peace with herself. She even offers one of Madoka's ribbons to Junko, which is a pretty big clue she was comes to terms with things.

What I wonder is, what happened in between those two scenes?

Well, I think the third movie happened.

I think the third movie will take place right after the original Homura lands in the new world, but before her encounter with Madoka's family. It will show how she struggles to comes to terms with the fact that Madoka isn't there anymore, and also how she gains her new powers. I mean, let's say she still has her shield for some reason (she shouldn't have, but again, let's forget logic) but of course, the time hax doesn't work anymore, so she can only uses guns to fight (which would explain what we see in the trailer: her fight with Mami and so on).

Then this Nagisa girl appears. Maybe she really is a fragment of Madoka, and she comes to warn the girls about something. Initially Hamura is conflicted and wants nothing with it, but eventually she hears her out and saves the world along with Mami and Kyoko.

Along the way, Homura gets over her depression and at the end she begins to wear Madoka's ribbon. And after that, Nagisa, surprise surprise, turns into Homura's bow and wings.

Yeah, something like that. I don't like it one bit because I wanted to see Homura fight with her new powers in the movie, and if I'm right, she will be using guns the whole time instead. I hope I'm wrong because we already saw that in the series, and I wanted something new....
you are being to harsh to gen, remember that homura has always been alled an abnormal, so even if normally madoka's wish should have overwritten her powers, madoka's wish would have been completely impossible if it were not for homura.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 11:10   Link #120
woxx

Homura's powers could be just changed after suicide attempt(if it is suicide)
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madoka