AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-12-12, 22:37   Link #101
KBTKaiser

Spoiler for 87:

We have enough material game-wise to cover the major invasion, so that will be a suitable ending point. We'll get alot of training days thrown in as well, given how many time skips there were between Jin Vs. Tachikawa and then post Entry day to actual invasion.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-13, 10:23   Link #102
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
Spoiler for 87:

We have enough material game-wise to cover the major invasion, so that will be a suitable ending point. We'll get alot of training days thrown in as well, given how many time skips there were between Jin Vs. Tachikawa and then post Entry day to actual invasion.
Spoiler for ch87:

You mean for the anime or the game?
I worry if the anime can really cover the ending of WT invasion at the pace they are going currently. 2 chapters per episode isn't that great of a pace given the whole invasion arc goes till chapter 81. :/
But we have seen the whole rabbits and Konami in combat body stuff so they "should" have made a plan to show that stuff someday in the anime. Expect they got plans to go longer than 24-26 episodes though that would quite a surprise to me, for WT to get so many episodes from the get-go.
Even if it is made by Toei. <_<
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-13, 11:42   Link #103
XFire
150% done

Holy crap on a cracker, Osamu managed to outdo himself at the press conference. Screw fighting, let the man talk to the neighbors and they'll all give up out of fear.
Old 2014-12-13, 18:41   Link #104
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Props to Osamu. I find it hard to disagree with the guy calling him a hero there. He's certainly not nearly the most powerful person, but he has a drive and quality that will pull people along with him. He just stepped up and said what needed to be said. No one feels the weight of what happened and the people captured than Osamu. Naturally it's his intention to go and get those people back. This whole invasion gave him even more reason to be part of this.

The reporters were solid slime as expected. Bad news always sells. Play up the people who were lost when they feel like it and then ignoring the people that were saved at the school which probably would have outnumbered those that were lost here.

In the end they managed to turn this situation to their advantage and should get increased financial and staff support. It's completely accurate that despite this being a much bigger attack they took minimal losses.
Old 2014-12-13, 21:43   Link #105
AceTrigger

So who are you guys' favorite character(s) in this manga?

Mine are

Spoiler:
AceTrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-14, 16:05   Link #106
James Rye

Good to see that Osamu's honesty was good for something. Even with the reporters bashing on him and trying to make him feel guilty for saving people, seriously that question why not become an agent first before playing hero, that woman got nerves; he withstood the storm and stood up for what he believes.
Which is to help those who need help. I liked his phrase "I am no hero, I cannot produce the results to make everyone happy". In far too many shounen it is standard that once the hero beats the bad guy everything become miracously fine and everything is dandy and pretty often somebody of the main cast who died returns for whatever reason.
Here we got the people who got saved blaming the MC for his mistake which might have lead to the numbers of captured C-ranks and dismiss his efforts which saved students in the past.
It was good to see how Osamu's stand up and intention to save everybody who got taken, which was a slip of information as nobody knew outside of Border that travels to the neighborhood were possible, changed the negative atmosphäre of the press wanting to have somebody to blame and write dramatic articles of to a more positive and optimistic one as they got the information that Border intends to bring everyone back, both the agents and the civilians from 4 years ago.

Hope this wasn't the last time we saw Kasumi and that we get to see Osamu's dad someday as well. Them and Chika's parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceTrigger View Post

Mine are

Spoiler:
Can't see the pics you posted there, sorry. :/
But for me, my fave charas after 85/87 chapters are Osamu, Yuuma, Jin and for the girls Konami and Chika. Osamu because he is a weak MC who stays "weak" and does not get a convenient superpower up like many other MCs in battle shounen. He has to train hard to get any grain of power he can grasp and has to live with getting promotion by taking the merits of somebody else. Yet despite his weakness he got a strong will as we have just seen and a "strange way to balance his own and strangers problems" as Yuuma put it in, but that's also a reason to like him.^^
Yuuma obviously because he's strong and takes no crap, whenever it is directed at him or at his friends. He's darn awesome!
Jin because he got cool shades. :P
Nah, because he seems to pull the strings in the background and has some sort of plan/plans others have no idea from as he is the only one who can see the future.^^

Konami is really fun due her guible and naive personality yet also so adorable with her easily embaressed side plus so impressive with her battle abilities and how easy she makes her fighting look like. Hope we get to see more of her since she placed so high in the popularity poll. <3
Chika because she's so cute and at the same time such a "monster" with her trion. XD
She looks so tiny and adorable and just when you go "daawww" she blasts a giant hole into a twenty metre think wall and you are just "daaaaamn". Can't wait for her to get her own Tamakoma trigger once their team becomes A-ranked!
Old 2014-12-15, 01:49   Link #107
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:

Mine are

Spoiler:
Yeah, pictures not working for me either.

Right now I'd say my favorite characters are Osamu and Yuuma, with honorable mention to replica.

I'd like to add Chika, but right now I just don't feel like I know her well enough. We technically know her history and everything...but I just don't feel she's had enough focus as a person for me to really love her character yet. I hope Chika gets some serious focus in the future.

Osamu is easily my favorite character period. Yuuma is awesome for what he can do and his personality. But I just like the kind of person Osamu is. He isn't the strongest, but he has such a strong sense of right and beliefs that I want to see him succeed. The guy is the underdog. He doesn't have the same talents or potential, but he has something else in him that makes others with great gifts want to side with him. Guy just put himself on the line for Chika even at the risk of his own life. He's just constantly acted for the sake of others and I just like that kind of person.
Old 2014-12-15, 02:03   Link #108
AceTrigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Spoiler:
It's Jin, Konami & Yuma~

So the anime is listed as 50 episodes: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...pisodes/.82167

Interesting..
Old 2014-12-15, 02:29   Link #109
Esclair

I wanted to see Osamu's mom beat those reporters with a stick.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 05:04   Link #110
KBTKaiser

We've hit 86, but I can now tell where Nekyou is getting their translations.

JPN -> CHN -> ENG

Definitely a few things lost along the way and a glaring error in Satori's explanation of the B-rank wars.

Spoiler for ch88:

Last edited by KBTKaiser; 2014-12-18 at 12:03. Reason: Ch 88 info
Old 2014-12-18, 18:06   Link #111
James Rye

Quote:
It's Jin, Konami & Yuma~

So the anime is listed as 50 episodes: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...pisodes/.82167

Interesting..
On one hand I am glad it got 50 episodes because it will be around for another year and there's the explanation why the animation was sometimes so horrendous, yet I am also afraid for what might come... god, don't fuck the Invasion arc up, Toei, please don't...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
I wanted to see Osamu's mom beat those reporters with a stick.
Me too, a shame nobody has drawn something like that yet. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
We've hit 86, but I can now tell where Nekyou is getting their translations.

JPN -> CHN -> ENG

Definitely a few things lost along the way and a glaring error in Satori's explanation of the B-rank wars.

Spoiler for ch88:
I liked 86, it clearly showed that Tamakoma 2 is way above lower B-class. At this rate they will make it easily into the top tier ranks, bigger question is if they can make it to the top two positions.
I personally doubt that as the top five teams got 15, 14, 13, 12 and 11 points and even Azuma's team got 10 and all that before they even entered a match. Even if Tamakoma 2 can get full 8 points again depending on how the point gathering went for the other teams they might barely make it into the top tiers as 6th or 7th ranked before the third round.
If they can beat Arafune and Suwa so easily that is. Which is another thing I doubt to happen.^^

Seems like Osamu's live speech on TV had left some of the new C-ranks impressed. I wouldn't wonder if Osamu gets used in future Arashiyama spots due him being a B-class and somebody people/teens might have an easier time to identify with than the perfect and strong A-agents.

I must say, I start to like Kido more and more. He is a darn hardass, but one with principles which he follows through-out, not a cheap-stick. That line of Osamu to never forgive him if he did the same to Chika and Yuuma was so cheesy though. XD

Sakurako is cute, if she stays the mdoerator for future fights with changing co-moderators then that will be just fine. Hope Tamakoma 2 gets its own operator though as I dunno if Usami can take being operator for Tamakoma 1, Jin as solo fighter and Tamakoma 2. Then again it looks like Tamakoma has only one operator aka her, so yeah. Well, maybe they will find a new operator after the B-rank wars.

Spoiler for Thanks for the 88 spoiler:

Also here are two pictures of Chapter 88, first is the new Tamakoma 2 uniform and the second of a part of the 2nd round battle:

Spoiler for ch.88 pics:
Old 2014-12-21, 16:52   Link #112
James Rye

The Raw 88 was pretty sweet.

Spoiler for 88 spoilers:
Old 2014-12-27, 07:21   Link #113
KBTKaiser

and the mangaka has been downed by sickness, so no new stuff this week.
Old 2014-12-27, 23:53   Link #114
AceTrigger

^
It's only for 1 week so that's okay I guess..

The anime revealed Konami's Trion body form early, don't know why they did that..
Old 2014-12-28, 11:43   Link #115
James Rye

Given this link though http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-health/.82638 WT will return on january 19 so that is a bit more than a week, isn't it`?
Well, I can live with it as long as Ashihara gets better and doesn't kill himself with overworking too much. ^^

As for the Konami combat body, they probably wanted to show some stuff earlier similar to how we got the names of a couple characters in the anime that had been shown in the manga only once so far but might play some role later on.
Also from what I heard Konami's popularity skyrocket once the chapter with her trion combat body was out and she killed all dem rabits in one blow with her big axe. Maybe the animators hoped to get a similar effect here as well? Not sure though tbh.
Old 2014-12-29, 03:00   Link #116
AceTrigger

^
you're probably right.

I found it funny that a lot of anime-only watchers think that Osamu will develops some kind of special power or broken Side-Effect later on because he's the main character, and I'm like "lol no" xD
Old 2014-12-29, 08:11   Link #117
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
^
you're probably right.

I found it funny that a lot of anime-only watchers think that Osamu will develops some kind of special power or broken Side-Effect later on because he's the main character, and I'm like "lol no" xD
It's not a surprising thing though. It's the kind of thing you'd expect in this situation. Chika's insane trion levels, and Yuuma's skill leaves him a strange looking piece in that team. But what isn't obvious is how his personality does get your attention and how he can be like that even though he doesn't have great power himself.

I still wonder if long term Osamu won't get some kind of boost. Right now it's not really needed. But if they go on these big expeditions and the story continues to expand he may simply need that to survive. Or just really turn into a purely genius fighter that does such an incredible job with so little trion, but uses it so effectively that he still wins.

And yeah, I fully believe they showed Konami's trion body early because it could be a ratings boost for them .
Old 2014-12-29, 08:27   Link #118
Tenzen12

I do think, all his hard work should pay off somewhere, so yeah some kind of power up would be nice
Old 2014-12-29, 09:21   Link #119
Blankdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It's not a surprising thing though. It's the kind of thing you'd expect in this situation. Chika's insane trion levels, and Yuuma's skill leaves him a strange looking piece in that team. But what isn't obvious is how his personality does get your attention and how he can be like that even though he doesn't have great power himself.

I still wonder if long term Osamu won't get some kind of boost. Right now it's not really needed. But if they go on these big expeditions and the story continues to expand he may simply need that to survive. Or just really turn into a purely genius fighter that does such an incredible job with so little trion, but uses it so effectively that he still wins.

And yeah, I fully believe they showed Konami's trion body early because it could be a ratings boost for them .
Just remembered something, didn't that one girl (Yuuma's training partner) have short hair when she goes trion body? Would if Osuma's be able to do something similar, like strink himself (full shorty party), or something similar, like make himself look like a skeleton. --This way, he'll be able to conserve Trion and lower the area he can get hit at.
Blankdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 14:02   Link #120
James Rye

Quote:
^
you're probably right.

Yeah, whenever I see comments from the past ten chapters that Osamu gonna get a Black Trigger or gets otherwise strong and look at the current chapters, I am not sure whenever to spoil them or to somehow give them the impression that maybe it is not soooo bad that we have a MC who isn't superstrong or has a power-up that makes him superstrong for some time. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I do think, all his hard work should pay off somewhere, so yeah some kind of power up would be nice
Agreed, Osamu staying weak through-out the entire series would be boring. I'd like to see him getting stronger though I guess that means more as in being able to use more skills within his shooter class and him planning his victory over stronger people due "reading" them properly, laying traps, making use of their weaknesses/his strengths/the strength of his comrades/his surroundings, etc.

But as a power-up; I could imagine a special made weapon just for Osamu once they get to A-rank, similar to how Konami and co also got such a "heretic" trigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankdom View Post
Just remembered something, didn't that one girl (Yuuma's training partner) have short hair when she goes trion body? Would if Osuma's be able to do something similar, like strink himself (full shorty party), or something similar, like make himself look like a skeleton. --This way, he'll be able to conserve Trion and lower the area he can get hit at.
I dunno if that would save much trion. From what I remember Konami is just used to having short hair in her combat body, probably because it gets less in the way, and that she is not doing it to preserve any trion.
Though the image of a skeleton Osamu shooting asteroids at neighbors while looking as if he would die any second due hunger is quite funny. XDDD

Also chapter 87 translation is out:

Hmmm, I dunno about Karasawa. Somehow seeing Jin looking so seriously at that guy makes me wonder if Karasawa is truly such "a person who value this kind of people" or if he got his own agenda somehow involving Osamu and co. I mean, we know he is pretty witty due how he was the one who gave Kido the suggestion of waiting for the top teams return to crush Tamakoma and Yuuma and he is in a very important position in Border.
And the person who has given Rinji, Chika's big brother, that trigger isn't named nor shown yet, maybe that was him as well as some sort of plan that failed/succeed?
Oh well, for now I am just happy Osamu got not blamed/hunted down by the media and that instead the press conference and the reveal of the expedition possibility turned things around for Border.
That 26 agents left after that invasion makes sense, plently people who joined the army will find out much later when it gets serious that no matter the training they are just not capable to taking those experiences and continue with their job as soldiers. After all that's what Border agents are in the end, soldiers fighting with alien technology. Worse, most of them are children soldiers as they are the ones which trion organ can grow the most before they fully mature. Still wonder how Japan "allows" such a thing to happen within its own borders or how the world looks at Border's private army.
Guess we have to wait for that till WT speaks of such things, pretty sure it will as we also got to see a mother/parents reactions after the Invasion arc. Wouldn't wonder if Border will not only have to look out for Neighbors but also their fellow humans who want a piece of their alien technology. I mean, imagine Usami's hologram room technology for the military, that alone would change a lot in training soldiers and such.

Back to the manga, I liked how Konami was pissed at the press/netsuki just like Yotaru. Shows that she's pretty "childish" which makes her voice in the anime more fitting. Doubt a mature and sexy voice as I had in mind would fit that kinda scene much. :P
And it gives me hope that Ashihara might show more Konami scenes in the future/teases a bit more with a possible Osami ship. I sure wouldn't mind buying a ticket to sail on it. xD

Also Konami's power ranking - lolz! XD
Pretty decent - really decent - amazingly decent XD
I didn't quite understood Osamu's sore loser comment regarding her power leveling of others but I fully agree with his analysis. XD

Awww, Torimaru is such a sweet-heart, wanting to tell his koheis everything to make the battle easier for them, such a good senpai. <3
But daddy Reiji would not have any of that, his teaching is sort of "throw them in the water and let them swim by themselves". XD
Then again, I like how apparently Reiji trust them enough to believe that they can handle planning and thinking up countermeasures and such themselves to fight teams with much more battle experience than 2/3 of their own team.^^

Pretty sure Tsutsumi was talking about the "glasses kid" as Yuuma has yet to fight Kazama so there's no way he could have tied him, but whatever. Osano, Suwa's operator is pretty fun due her laidbackness. She really fits into the team somehow. XD
"That could be a cannon!"
"Damn, that white-haired kid is fast..."
"Aww, they are both so small~"
XD
I think Suwa's plan to blow things up is their team standard plan:
"Suwa! Dozen trion soldiers incoming!"
"We gonna blow them up!"
"Suwa! There's a 2 metre big rabit that crawled outta that Banter's stomach!"
"I gonna two-shotgun-blow-it-up!"
"Suwa, HQ ordered us to fight a Black Trigger who's whole body is liqufied in the simulation room!"
"Just means we gotta blow it up for a long time till there's nothing left to blow up!"
"Suwa, in the next battle we will face the fast white-haired kiddo who fought Midorikawa 8-2. Our own attacker did like 4-6 by fluke. What should we do?"
"Don't worry, guys. I got an awesome plan to handle him!"
"Does it involve blowing him up?"
"Not only him, we gonna blow Hisato away at the same time when he keeps him bound for a couple seconds."
"I hate this plan....."
xD

The thing that the whole planning and such reminded me off was weirdly Haikyuu!.
You know, the whole "habits" of the other team, watching the videos of their "matches", analysis their standard moves and possible plans due their equipment/team members, etc. All that felt very "sporty" and less "lets rush in and crush things" as we would normally have. Arafune squad was the same though they seemed to take this more seriously than joking Suwa squad, already forming countermeasures against Chika's impressive snipercannon ability.
Kinda feel bad for Osamu as his "he lost 0-10 while his teammember won 8-2" makes him look pretty pathetic given that he is the teamleader, then again it might be good that they underestimate him and focus too much on Yuuma and Chika.

Chosing a map is a pretty strong advantage for the weaker ranked team. The right map could change a lot of things for all three teams and might overthrow some of their plans. Good that Osamu, Chika and Yuuma are capable of planing ahead though it's clear that they still need more experience, even Yuuma who had tons of battle experience does not seem to have much knowledge about "team fights" as he himself isn't sure what to do about the three sniper team of Arafune. His experience and knowledge certainly comes in handy but it is pretty clear that he's more an expert at solo fighting solo enemies/teams than fighting with a team against several other teams. Kinda like that he is not all that well-versed even in his own expert field aka war. This could prove a chance for Osamu to be the man who keeps an overlook and when to do what kinda plan to get them points/make their team survive.
That they got an expert Operator with Usami helps as well. Still hope Tamakoma 2 will get their "own operator" someday though. Kinda want Usami to stay with Tamakoma 1 and maybe Jin while Tamakoma 2 does its own thing with somebody who they gotta learn to work with together. After all to have such a great operator right from the beginning isn't usual for B-teams. We saw how even Kazama team changed its operator, since when they made A-rank Usami was their operator before, so same might happen to Tamakoma 2 after the B-rank war.

Suwa and Arafune will be good opponents for Tamakoma 2 as here they can not rush in and kill everybody like they did with the lower Tier B-teams. If they are not careful those two teams will take full advantage of their carelessness and kill them to get points. Also they need to look out that neither Arafune nor Suwa gets too many points outta this battle else Tamakoma might end up with only 3-4 points gained which comapred to the 8 points before would certainly be not enough to get into the Top Tier of teh B-teams. I think they need at least 6 points or more to have a chance to make 7th rank to be able to fight high Tier teams and see what "really decent" means for themselves.

5th february, Chika's birthday is away like 16 days! Don't you dare forget Chika-chan's birthday, Ashihara! XD

Last edited by James Rye; 2014-12-29 at 14:51. Reason: forgot about 87

Tags
action, shounen stargate