Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-21, 06:40   Link #101
Leo Keichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
so just to be sure
no official news until the 24th, right?
Almost sure sooner or later those three boxes on the site will turn into a slot machine minigame. If you get three Teddies with the same expression, something will appear.

The announcement on Sunday will probably have something to do with the new Arena game as well. Maybe some of the new characters will be from P5's cast (which I'm hoping is not the case, actually). Things are going to become a total mess if they entangle all the storylines, and a novice in the series won't be able to understand anything without playing all the other games before.

In any case, I'm also hoping for a college setting in the new game, or even in an office. But it probably won't happen.
Leo Keichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 10:51   Link #102
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

And thank god it never will be a setting. Don't associate Persona with that and nor do the devs seem to.

And It's probably going to be P5 Sunday. Now whatever happens on the stream is a diff story, maybe Arean 2.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 12:37   Link #103
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Can you handle all this teasing?

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 15:11   Link #104
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Can you handle all this teasing?

LOL. They've got nothing to tip us off. Damn it
Old 2013-11-21, 15:14   Link #105
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Those seem to represent the locations of the cities mentioned on the teaser site as neoGAF pointed out.
Old 2013-11-21, 15:35   Link #106
Soji

So "city" again? Or at least this seem from what we can see(and using the word "see" sound wrong).

I really wonder what they planing this time.
I'm pretty sure I saw a apartment block.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 16:19   Link #107
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Some of them looked -again credit to GAF member- Nagoya Amusement park, Sendai Station was another.
Old 2013-11-21, 16:21   Link #108
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Keichi View Post
In any case, I'm also hoping for a college setting in the new game, or even in an office. But it probably won't happen.
Not likely to happen, but I sure wish they could remove all that damn instant death magic. Hated it to no end in both P3 and P4.
Old 2013-11-21, 16:31   Link #109
Dr. Casey

'Instant death' should not exist in a game where the MC dying means Game Over (which is a dumb enough move to begin with, hope P5 does away with that crap).

Here's to hoping for some more Persona 5 info to brighten up my life. Don't really care about anything else Shin Megami-related.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 16:40   Link #110
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Not likely to happen, but I sure wish they could remove all that damn instant death magic. Hated it to no end in both P3 and P4.
Agreed. The Light/Dark skills are ridiculous even if I never had much problem with them. By the time mobs started using those skills my party levels were so high that they would gladly take the bullet for me and/or I had enough homunculus to not care
Old 2013-11-21, 16:49   Link #111
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Playing P4G, I'm in December already and I've yet come across any Light/Dark problems

Though I recall it happening more while playing P3P (the first Persona game I've played).
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 17:36   Link #112
Joyce_Steele
Banned

PS4 or Xbox One?
Joyce_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 17:54   Link #113
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce_Steele View Post
PS4 or Xbox One?
Neither. I very much doubt they're going to skip a generation. It's going to be on PS3 or Vita, maybe even both.
Old 2013-11-21, 18:21   Link #114
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

We've only got one insider stating:

Quote:
PS4 Persona incoming.
That's about it.

I think SEGA will have it like Yakuza Ishin. PS3/PS4.
Old 2013-11-21, 18:47   Link #115
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Those looked more like drawings than actual photographs of those places. Still it was really goddamn blurry so it's hard to say...

I like how they're using the Midnight Channel to tease this announcement though.~
Old 2013-11-21, 18:49   Link #116
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
'Instant death' should not exist in a game where the MC dying means Game Over (which is a dumb enough move to begin with, hope P5 does away with that crap).
This.

Instant-death skills/spells themselves have never really been an issue especially when you have a party. It's when combined with a silly game design decisions is where the problem starts. You won't believe how many people I have argued with who defend this crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Neither. I very much doubt they're going to skip a generation. It's going to be on PS3 or Vita, maybe even both.
I think much less to with that than huge user instal base that older platforms will still have over their successors for at least 2 years. Atlus will simply make much more money releasing P5 now on current hardware.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-11-21 at 19:15.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 19:06   Link #117
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Now I can really sympathize with the main cast on Persona 4. God it's a pain to try and make out anything on the midnight channel .

I really hope this big reveal is Persona 5.As to what they are going to release on I have no idea. I'd assume PS3/360 considering the Persona 4 model they did last time. More people will own the last gen systems than will have picked up the new systems so better odds.

Regardless that kind of video is just pure evil .
Old 2013-11-21, 23:46   Link #118
com_gwp

You know guys, I don't want to believe, but...but what if...what if we're just being rused?

This guy brought that nagging fear in the back of my mind to the forefront. There's been a notorious amount of overly hyped countdowns already, and who's to say this isn't just another one of them? Atlus has been sending out so many mixed signals with this one..."is it Persona 4-2? Is it Persona 5?" that this feels possible as well.

This would be a burn beyond what happened with the TWEWY countdown. And boy, I don't think I'll be able to take it. So hope for the best, prepare for the worst?
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 23:59   Link #119
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
You know guys, I don't want to believe, but...but what if...what if we're just being rused?

This guy brought that nagging fear in the back of my mind to the forefront. There's been a notorious amount of overly hyped countdowns already, and who's to say this isn't just another one of them? Atlus has been sending out so many mixed signals with this one..."is it Persona 4-2? Is it Persona 5?" that this feels possible as well.

This would be a burn beyond what happened with the TWEWY countdown. And boy, I don't think I'll be able to take it. So hope for the best, prepare for the worst?
While you might have a point...I refuse to accept it . I'm going into this full blown anticipate mode. Since regardless I'd be disappointed if this isn't a Persona 5 announcement, I might as well stay in a position where I'll be justified in the hype if I'm right.

It's about time for it honestly. This game has been kept in the dark for a serious long time, ownership wise Atlus is in solid position now, and the next gen has touched down. It's time for Persona 5. Atlus may be a lot of things, but outright mean shouldn't be one of them. They have to know what everyone is expecting and I don't think they'd ramp people up just to get everyone upset.

Anything is possible, I'm just hoping for the best here.
Old 2013-11-22, 00:08   Link #120
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I think it's pretty clever how they're using the Midnight Channel to tease this. Remember how it's stated in P4 the Midnight Channel is a "window" created to show the masses deep details about people they desire to know more about?

And what's the number one thing the Persona fanbase wants to know more about than anything else right now? P5 obviously.~

Yes, I'm sure this announcement is for P5. I seriously doubt it would be this overblown if it was for anything else. Nor would P-Studios' logo be on the teaser site.

Tags
persona 5, ps3, shin megami tensei