AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2023-02-07, 02:25   Link #1101
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
This is largely revisionist history though. She wasn't good in beta, though she wasn't as bad as Dehya is now. She was playable on her launch because they last second buffed her skill to have no ICD. This allowed her to be really good in Freeze comps, and that's all. Then she had to get a new artifact set so she could do damage and not be dead weight in any other comp. Then she needed Dendro to release to become anything more than "okay" or "5-star Barbara".
Not really from the outside looking in, at least. Even before dendro came out, people's tunes had changed fairly dramatically from the tone at launch, which was dire to say the least. There was a very large lag time at launch until even the idea that she was "playable" was recognized by the vocal crowd because the impact of the "last-second buff" was not understood/appreciated/recognized. (It was almost the end of the banner before the community started to come around slightly as a subset of the community kept testing and providing updates.) Basically, impressions/preconceptions formed in beta are very slow to change, and even then may not be entirely reflective of the full scope of real-world scenarios. And this same sort of thing has seemed to play out multiple time since with other characters -- a lot of doom-and-gloom before and at release and then slowly the tune tends to soften significantly.

Like I said, though, I am judging this from the debates that occurred in the open wider community, as I don't follow the leak community in detail. It may be that, on the "inside," people's minds changed more quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Well the problem most people agree on is that Dehya seems to have been designed to counter gameplay that doesn't exist yet, that is to say she's a solution to a problem that the game has not implemented yet, either an enemy or character mechanic that will be released in the future. At the present, her kit doesn't appear to solve anything that a previous character already does and better.

A rather baffling plan to be honest. Similar to how Kokomi was a solution to the Wolf lord enemies.
Could well be. We don't always know how things shuffle around in development, and it may be that the team designing her kit assumed certain in-game content would be launched by now. The fact that she's launched so late in the patch cycle despite playing a large role early on in the story might support that this kind of tie-in to certain combat content was/is planned.

In the end, though, if their goal is to avoid power creep, I feel like we'll eventually get to this point regardless. Adding dendro this cycle was a way to open up new combinations, but even creating new types of enemies will really only have a marginal benefit at a certain point. Some day, it seems like they'll just have characters that people get for the look or because they like how they feel to play (whether it's meta or not), and that's probably fine. This gacha game's at this sort of weird place where the release schedule is slow enough that people still think every 5-star has to have a "point" but in most gacha games that really isn't the case. If it means meta-oriented players skip some characters/banners, I don't think they'll be that worried.
Old 2023-02-07, 04:52   Link #1102
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Some day, it seems like they'll just have characters that people get for the look or because they like how they feel to play (whether it's meta or not), and that's probably fine.
referring to the part I put in bold. One of my friends in the local cosplay community (a Lumine cosplayer) likes to play Amber. She can get very upset if people tell her to play a different character during coop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Some day, it seems like they'll just have characters that people get for the look or because they like how they feel to play (whether it's meta or not), and that's probably fine.
and quoting again. lol

adding one more thing to that. People can pull because of the va. I pulled for Faruzan because of Horie-sama. Thankfully, she came home with just 10 fates used.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-17, 05:36   Link #1103
Liddo-kun
is this so?

no use of food for heal.

played coop with a friend. Lare (her in-game name is lizette) used Lumine and Barbara. I use Nilou and Layla. Did not expect dendro to be quite effective against Raiden. Near the end, my net started to lag, sign that the prepaid card is about to run out. Thankfully, the boss fell before my internet died.

achievements gained. Brave the Lightning's Glow, Death Proof

Spoiler:

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2023-02-18 at 08:07.
Old 2023-02-17, 07:25   Link #1104
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Holy fuck Dehya going on the Standard Banner. No wonder her kit has problems. Can't have a standard banner character outclassing a limited one.

Man I don't know how I feel right now. It sort of justifies me stopping at C1, but it still stings. C1 should have been her base kit, since it makes her at most decent with a kit design that won't be practical until supposedly Fontaine. They're already recruiting 3.6 Beta testers so it's unlikely she'll be getting any more changes. I guess they're fully committing to her being designed around Fontaine which is STILL a baffling design choice.

I might actually attempt her weapon now instead of C1. Oh well.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2023-02-17 at 08:16.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-17, 10:02   Link #1105
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Holy fuck Dehya going on the Standard Banner. No wonder her kit has problems. Can't have a standard banner character outclassing a limited one.
And above all she is pyro claymore.

We have two pyro claymore in standard what the hell hoyo
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-17, 12:28   Link #1106
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluc View Post
And above all she is pyro claymore.

We have two pyro claymore in standard what the hell hoyo
Good one and Bad one.

Well, being a standard character, she and her C1-C6 will eventually come when you lose 50/50 but If you want Dehya for sure, you have to pull her on limited banner or risk never gotten her due to bad luck.

BTW, Dehya's weapon is a great weapon for Claymore user, and you might not see it getting rated up ever again so.....

For me, I will pull for Shenhe and Ayaka's weapon.

Last edited by Marina2; 2023-02-17 at 12:45.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-17, 13:15   Link #1107
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Aside of the quest with Dain, this is going to be login/save patch. I'm not sure what the person in charge of the gacha is smoking, but reruns as of late barely make any sense and this one takes the cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
BTW, Dehya's weapon is a great weapon for Claymore user, and you might not see it getting rated up ever again so.....
I would have considered pulling that weapon if it wasn't ugly as a sin. Frankly, I'm still surprised a weapon skin system isn't available yet.
Old 2023-02-17, 16:37   Link #1108
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
For me, I will pull for Shenhe and Ayaka's weapon.
might pull for Ayaka's weapon as well. If I have spare primos when it comes.

Spiral Abyss monsters have been becoming stronger. My Ayaka needs more strength.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2023-02-17 at 17:10.
Old 2023-02-18, 23:31   Link #1109
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

In retrospect Dehya's weapon might be the best Claymore available, and the fact that she's now standard banner means her weapon won't have a consistent rerun anymore...
Old 2023-02-21, 07:11   Link #1110
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Faruzan theme.

Old 2023-02-21, 12:55   Link #1111
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

If you've ever watched Baccano! (and you should) you'll probably find this remarkable video hilarious like I did. Never watched GI, but I'll give it a look after seeing this.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-24, 18:35   Link #1112
Liddo-kun
is this so?

for Genshin players who have not seen it yet.

there is a new event.

reward = 40 primogems.

https://hoyo.link/780JCBAd
Old 2023-02-26, 17:11   Link #1113
Liddo-kun
is this so?

finally got Hu Tao in the servers where I want her.

1. Asia = Hu Tao = 65 pulls, she has come home. Yelan = 4 pulls, not come home.
2. America = Hu Tao = 70 pulls, she has come home. Yelan = 3 pulls, not come home.
3. EU = Yelan = 29 pulls done, not come home.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2023-02-28 at 08:48.
Old 2023-02-28, 04:13   Link #1114
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So uh a recent leak of questionable artifacts for 3.6 seems interesting. The first set might make Heart of Depths obsolete, and the second set is clearly a Dehya set. Leaker is the dude who dropped the bomb of Dehya being on Standard when everyone else said he was faking, so maybe this is worth believing.
Old 2023-02-28, 08:47   Link #1115
Liddo-kun
is this so?

made the 30th single pull in Europe, still no Yelan. Guess I won't be getting her this time. If only I had not lost the 50/50 and got Diluc. Need Yelan for my europe dendro team...

anyway, Dehya banner = rest banner. Not gonna pull.

Time to level up my Faruzan.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2023-02-28 at 18:21.
Old 2023-03-01, 08:24   Link #1116
Liddo-kun
is this so?

have tried Dehya, she does not feel so bad. What exactly were people complaining about? I'm puzzled on this.

oh, and it's nice they added a Hangout for Faruzan.
Old 2023-03-01, 13:18   Link #1117
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
have tried Dehya, she does not feel so bad. What exactly were people complaining about? I'm puzzled on this.
Aside of the damage output issue, Dehya role is pretty weird and not exactly great.
  • Her "tank" abilities doesn't really work in Genshin, because shield and heals are much more potent in general. Dehya isn't even tanking to its truest sense. Instead she basically redistribute damage instead of really absorbing everything to protect other characters, and that damage is only healed for her and not her party members. And I don't think it even works in co-op to boot. And the irony is that you still need a healer because of the way her damage redirection and reduction work.
  • The uptime of her field effect is pretty bad (12/20s), which means that she can't really work as a proper damage equalizer compared to a off field healer or shielder
  • The interruption resistance only last for 9s, so even lower uptime than the actual damage redirection.
  • Her field has a 2.5s ICD that makes it absolutely subpar for reactions, even for niche stuff like Burgeon
  • Activating her ultimate immediately remove her E field for some unknown reason, which means she takes full damage during that state.
  • Her ultimate is slow in execution, has to be auto executed for 4s but also is canceled if you jump. This means that the moment she is frozen or if you have to jump due to terrain, you waste a good chunk of her damage.
  • She is incredibly energy hungry to the point that she has trouble to use her burst on CD even with multiple pyro characters in the party.
In term of damage, she is pretty low because her modifiers and scaling are pretty bad. But the real issue is that her supportive role doesn't make any sense because she doesn't provide meaningful way to mitigate damage or assist your main dps. She has very little synergy with existing character and you need to go through hoops to make it works, which is why a lot of people are upset because there is very little reason to get her compared to other pyro characters. I usually don't rely on youtubers, but even the most optimistic ones aren't celebrating the way she was implemented.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2023-03-01 at 13:31.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-01, 18:06   Link #1118
Liddo-kun
is this so?

oh I see..
anyway, won't be pulling for Dehya.

saving most of the primos for Shenhe banner. Already guaranteed in Europe. Just need to save up a little more in America and Asia.

also can't stop laughing at the "spend 1000 dollars to make Dehya good" comment in this video.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2023-03-02 at 04:00.
Old 2023-03-01, 23:05   Link #1119
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So I got Dehya at C1R1 at 300 pulls. Honestly if you know what you're getting into and temper your expectations properly she's not bad, pretty much mid, but it's VERY abundantly clear there's something missing because some element is really needed to make her tanking concept work. Fontaine better make this work.

That said I run her in a Dehya/Raiden/Mona/Bennet squad so my damage numbers are kinda biased.

Her leaked artifact set is estimated to be 10%-20% better than Emblem for her Bust and SO MUCH better for her Skill, at the cost of 20% ER, but if with a proper battery it probably won't matter so it's a bit of a buff. STILL doesn't solve her kit issues, which everyone is banking on Fontaine to make it work.
Old 2023-03-02, 05:48   Link #1120
Liddo-kun
is this so?

300 pulls? Wow, you must really like Dehya to spend that much.

Tags
gacha game, genshin impact