AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2019-01-28, 10:32   Link #1081
Blazor 98

Rias ambush, while is different is still a common form of attack in any battle or game. Rias sent her entire team to surround Ise's base. The first problem with that is she practically set the stage for Ravel's plan to take action. The main people that Ravel wanted out of the way and occupied was close by (Strada and Crom).

When Ise's team made their move, how did Rias respond to this. Here's the quote

Spoiler:

Rias basically walked right into Ravel's plan. It's made even worse when she told Kiba to accompany her instead of having Crom. Unfournately, Rias wanted to cater to Kiba's desire because she knew Kiba wanted to fight Issei.

Spoiler:

Yes, Rias did make the same mistakes.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-28, 10:42   Link #1082
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
Rias ambush, while is different is still a common form of attack in any battle or game. Rias sent her entire team to surround Ise's base. The first problem with that is she practically set the stage for Ravel's plan to take action. The main people that Ravel wanted out of the way and occupied was close by (Strada and Crom).

When Ise's team made their move, how did Rias respond to this. Here's the quote

Spoiler:

Rias basically walked right into Ravel's plan. It's made even worse when she told Kiba to accompany her instead of having Crom. Unfournately, Rias wanted to cater to Kiba's desire because she knew Kiba wanted to fight Issei.

Spoiler:

Yes, Rias did make the same mistakes.
Crom wanted to fight Fafnir.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-28, 10:43   Link #1083
Blazor 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzorst View Post
Crom wanted to fight Fafnir.
Okay and? Rias could've simply told him " Crom, I need you to accompany me. It will be your chance to fight Ise and Ddraig."

You think Crom would've said no to that?

Rias should've just sent Kiba to assist Strada against the church trio. At least this way, Ise would be forced to fight Crom. And those 8 minutes of fighting Crom would've did way more damage to Issei than fighting Kiba. This way, Rias would've had more of a chance.
Old 2019-01-28, 10:59   Link #1084
Blazor 98

I also agree with @Lucidrago about Sona being a better King than Rias.

Rias certainly improved, but that still doesn't make her better. Sona appears to be much better at actually leading a team, evident by volume 14 where she leaded all of her peerage and Rias' (except Gasper and Rias herself) to defeat the magicians. I feel like being able to lead a team effectively to victory is a much more important quality than just being powerful. Rias can recruit strong people, but a lot of the time (not always however) it's due to Issei's influence and his charisma. Crom joined because he wanted to fight Issei, Strada wanted to test the new generation of swordman, namely Xenovia, who wouldn't have joined Rias' peerage in the past if Issei did not stick up for her and Irina during the Kokabiel incident. Overall, Rias' ability to gather strong people and use of simple tactics I don't think outshines Sona'a tactical genius and ability to command a team, while also exploiting the weakness of the enemy, which is why I think Sona is a better king. Sona hasn't improved much since, but she hasn't got much to improve other than her own strength (which she is fairly limited in considering her lack of potential, at least in comparison to Issei and the others).

Sorry for the double post.
Old 2019-01-28, 13:07   Link #1085
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
Okay and? Rias could've simply told him " Crom, I need you to accompany me. It will be your chance to fight Ise and Ddraig."

You think Crom would've said no to that?

Rias should've just sent Kiba to assist Strada against the church trio. At least this way, Ise would be forced to fight Crom. And those 8 minutes of fighting Crom would've did way more damage to Issei than fighting Kiba. This way, Rias would've had more of a chance.
But in this series respecting the wishes and feelings of your comrades has priority over following the best strategy. We already has several examples. Rias granting Kiba's wish of a match against Issei despite not being the optimal choice it's not surprising.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-28, 16:40   Link #1086
Rayzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzorst View Post
Strada wanted to fight Arthur and Xenovia but that's not all he did. Strada had the chance to seriously injure Vali if not retire Bikou or Gogmegog. That would've put pressure Vali's team but he didn't do any of that. Strada isn't like Crom where he just waits for who he wants to fight.

Roygun was put on Ise's team at the same time Strada was on Rias team and yet she made more contributions than he did.
Strada was anything but useless. Remember that the opponents was Bikou, Vali, Fenrir and Gogmegog that intercepted the scout team. Let's say Xenovia was still on Rias team. Do you honestly think she and Kiba would be able to hold off Bikou, Gogmegog, Fenrir and Vali? When they realized that Strada was a monster, they all backed off. Gogmegog was sent flying across the stage and Arthur was forced to stall him.

Against Issei's team, he kept Xenovia, Irina and Nakiri at bay. Xenovia alone is a huge problem to deal with because of the Sheath and her raw power.

@fan you're not being fair to Bova.
Rayzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-28, 16:47   Link #1087
Dark soul

It was Xenovia, Irina and Nakiri who kept Strada because they tried to avoid him fighting against Ise
Dark soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-28, 17:06   Link #1088
Rayzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark soul View Post
It was Xenovia, Irina and Nakiri who kept Strada because they tried to avoid him fighting against Ise
I know but I'm just saying it goes both ways. Issei's team already had the number advantage so keeping 3 of them occupied help Rias team.
Rayzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-29, 07:13   Link #1089
Dark soul

If he win before Ise win against Kiba yes because he can intercept him but he doesn't
Also, prime Strada and Crom are 2 monsters that only Ise can beat in 1vs1 so the fact that 3 members of Ise's team are needed to fight Strada is normal si ces useless in a sense that he could reduce the stamina and injured Ise but he prefers To test Xenovia and Irina instead
Dark soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-30, 11:55   Link #1090
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Life. Friend VS Knight.Friend is out. https://highschooldxdfc.blogspot.com...d-hyoudou.html
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-30, 13:51   Link #1091
Blazor 98

Nice effort Kiba but it seems that Issei was too much. Issei has definitely come a long way from the power idiot he use to be.
Old 2019-02-01, 16:35   Link #1092
godz

Roygun was a discouraged spoiler on the part of ichiei, I wanted to surprise me at the time with such revelation as with yasaka

Last edited by godz; 2019-02-01 at 16:45.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 17:53   Link #1093
yuiichi9

Quote:
Originally Posted by godz View Post
Roygun was a discouraged spoiler on the part of ichiei, I wanted to surprise me at the time with such revelation as with yasaka
What do you mean about roygun?
yuiichi9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 18:40   Link #1094
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiichi9 View Post
What do you mean about roygun?
I mean, that the dream where issei marries and show as possible brides to yasaka as Roygun is a discouraging spoiler because it takes emotion away from a future situation that would have been an epic surprise
Old 2019-02-01, 18:52   Link #1095
Hakai

Roygun joining was obvious to me.

Yasaka was the uncertain one since she was Kunou's mom and we didn't know if she was really single. But given how she was flirting with Ise in V19 it was always a possibility.
Old 2019-02-01, 19:08   Link #1096
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakai View Post
Roygun joining was obvious to me.

Yasaka was the uncertain one since she was Kunou's mom and we didn't know if she was really single. But given how she was flirting with Ise in V19 it was always a possibility.
But the same is disappointing, nor isekai series make you this kind of spoiler before there was at least love between the two characters (it was only interest and it is the second time that ichie does it, in ex he did the same with elmenhilde and le fay)
Old 2019-02-01, 20:21   Link #1097
Lucidrago

A)Ishibumi is just trolling us.

B)He actually plans for them to join the harem.

C)Mistranslation(wouldn't be the first time)
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 20:40   Link #1098
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post

Lol, you wish.
Old 2019-02-01, 20:57   Link #1099
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post

B)He actually plans for them to join the harem.

I bet all my money to the option b), this disappointed that we have not learned of this way so loose its entrance to the harem, but I am going by the sure way
Old 2019-02-04, 13:13   Link #1100
Blazor 98

Vasco Strada vs Xenovia, Irina and Nakiri is out.

https://highschooldxdfc.blogspot.com...-do-ceu-e.html