AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-12-03, 11:12   Link #1081
aw454wtr

Plot twist one of Ise's kids was born from Mil-Tan, who turns out is a female water spirit hiding in japan because of her love for magical girl anime
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-03, 11:16   Link #1082
Darkligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw454wtr View Post
Plot twist one of Ise's kids was born from Mil-Tan, who turns out is a female water spirit hiding in japan because of her love for magical girl anime
Don't even joke about that *shudders*
Darkligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-03, 13:14   Link #1083
Biohazardous

Ok some folks are going to need LS to da face.
Old 2015-12-03, 13:34   Link #1084
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
I've already knew that Issei married Rias,Asia,Akeno,and Koneko. Xenovia,Ravel,and Irina were his concbines. A mistress in Koroka. As well as having babies with them.

And now Rosseweisse joins Issei's harem as well as having a kid with him, right?

As for Sona, no way. Issei's not a type of man that would take a friend's woman away. That's just not like him at all. I know that he wanted to become a harem king and all. But he got standards. Saji may still have a chance since he supports Saji's relationship with Sona. As for Vali, he has no interested in the opposite sex.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-03, 14:04   Link #1085
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknasr View Post
^well, if the writing is good, why not? besides DxD isn't known for its great storytelling either way, but yeah, but some part of me felt irk at the stagnant relationship between Saji and Sona, and when I first read the spoiler of Sona open with Issei (which vol, i can't remember), my heart jump and I change ship immediately, well mostly because Issei did something that Saji can't do that is make Sona open her heart although I knew that mostly because of Rias but it's still irk me.. But let's be honest I think this is unlikely to realize, if I say so myself although will never stop hoping..
for the kind of story that it is... i'd have to disagree. there is a reason the "plot and PLOT" jokes exist. some would even argue dxd would be better without the PLOT.
Old 2015-12-04, 11:51   Link #1086
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
for the kind of story that it is... i'd have to disagree. there is a reason the "plot and PLOT" jokes exist. some would even argue dxd would be better without the PLOT.
I agree to the first statement, DxD has a great stroy for an ecchi series. When it's at its best (v10 and 20) I'd even say it's as good as most good shonens (Not near the top dogs, like Dragon Ball Z, One Piece or JoJo's Bizarre Adventures, I'm comparing to Seven Deadly Sins and early Bleach-tier story telling.)

But I absolutely disagree with the second. A good amount of silliness and corniness is what draws me to these kind of supernatural stories. Though I could have lived without the Oppai Beam, even that is not so bad. Didn't make me laugh as much as cringe, but still not terrible.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-04, 12:14   Link #1087
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
I agree to the first statement, DxD has a great stroy for an ecchi series. When it's at its best (v10 and 20) I'd even say it's as good as most good shonens (Not near the top dogs, like Dragon Ball Z, One Piece or JoJo's Bizarre Adventures, I'm comparing to Seven Deadly Sins and early Bleach-tier story telling.)

But I absolutely disagree with the second. A good amount of silliness and corniness is what draws me to these kind of supernatural stories. Though I could have lived without the Oppai Beam, even that is not so bad. Didn't make me laugh as much as cringe, but still not terrible.
of course i also disagree with that sentiment, but i think those who feel that way are a testament(no pun intended) of how good dxd's plot can be when it's at it's best. volume 6, 10, 12, 17, 20 ect. the list goes on.
Old 2015-12-04, 12:43   Link #1088
Hakai

Quote:
of course i also disagree with that sentiment, but i think those who feel that way are a testament(no pun intended) of how good dxd's plot can be when it's at it's best. volume 6, 10, 12, 17, 20 ect. the list goes on.
You forgot to mention the side story of Akeno and Baraqiel S&M play
Truly great plot
Old 2015-12-04, 12:59   Link #1089
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Carrot View Post
Truly great plot
everytime i see that pic i can immediately tell im going to hate the comment never fails
Old 2015-12-04, 13:06   Link #1090
Hakai

Quote:
everytime i see that pic i can immediately tell im going to hate the comment never fails
Metallica is really awesome btw
Old 2015-12-04, 13:18   Link #1091
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Truly great plot
Having great moments doesn't mean there isn't stuff that we all want to forget.
Old 2015-12-04, 13:38   Link #1092
KnightShade

Quote:
Metallica is really awesome btw
well played carrot
Old 2015-12-05, 06:46   Link #1093
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

People think that Kurenai unleashing the Fenghuang, Chinese Phoenix, is a bit off, but after I read the ending of Slash/Dog, now there's a logical reason for that.

Spoiler for SLASH/DOG Ending, MAJOR SPOILERS!:

EDIT: The Chinese Phoenix Fenghuang is a different being, yet has similar lines to Suzaku/Zhu Que, both legendary beasts but in different traditions and meaning (Fenghuang is the ruler of birds traditionally associated with the Chinese Empress, while Zhu Que is a sacred bird in traditional constellations).

Last edited by Ariel_Saeba; 2015-12-08 at 22:08.
Ariel_Saeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-05, 08:08   Link #1094
Chichiryuushintei

And yet Akeno never showed anything related to it, nor was it ever mentioned in the main series by anyone even when everyone has been searching new ways to get stronger and every extra power would be a huge help. This seems like the kind of thing Azazel would have told her to practice long ago. Like when he scolded her about the fight against Yubelluna. 15 volumes ago.
Old 2015-12-05, 08:13   Link #1095
niknasr

Quote:
I was implying that phrase when comparing it with other LN counterpart regardless of genre not just ecchi.. and when I'm implying great storyteling, I didn't mean it doesn't good or anything remotely like that, just I think there are other LN that have a better storytelling like Asterisk, Mahouka, and Vanadis.. It cannot be helped when it is better known for its ecchi or should I say for DxD, ecchi is number 1st, harem is 2nd and storytelling in 3rd..
niknasr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-05, 08:43   Link #1096
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

The problem is, none of the DxD members is hinted to have met Himejima Suzaku the person, nay, anyone from the Himejima clan to settle the matter (Akeno's incident and Tobio don't count since the events of Slash/Dog happened at the same time as Shuri's murder, but even if Tobio knows that much and have met Suzaku, he probably cannot spill that out blatantly since it will affect the Gremory group and shift their focus.
Old 2015-12-05, 08:55   Link #1097
Chichiryuushintei

He's part of the Grigori, so Azazel should know about that.

And how telling Akeno about a power that she can use would shift her focus from getting stronger? Since that's the main focus of the Gremory Team 90% of the time. If anything it'd just help.

@niknasr: I know that DxD isn't that good, but if you say that Mahouka, with the Gary Stu to end all Gary Stus in the history of Gary Stuness, is well writen it's kind of hard to understand what you call good writing.
Old 2015-12-05, 14:16   Link #1098
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknasr View Post
I was implying that phrase when comparing it with other LN counterpart regardless of genre not just ecchi.. and when I'm implying great storyteling, I didn't mean it doesn't good or anything remotely like that, just I think there are other LN that have a better storytelling like Asterisk, Mahouka, and Vanadis.. It cannot be helped when it is better known for its ecchi or should I say for DxD, ecchi is number 1st, harem is 2nd and storytelling in 3rd..
you had me until you mentioned mahouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post

@niknasr: I know that DxD isn't that good, but if you say that Mahouka, with the Gary Stu to end all Gary Stus in the history of Gary Stuness, is well writen it's kind of hard to understand what you call good writing.
this, on top of tatsuya being bland as f&*%
Old 2015-12-06, 02:26   Link #1099
niknasr

Quote:
you had me until you mentioned mahouka

I find it more good storywise, that's what I mean by good storytelling.. "Finding character interesting" depend on someone's taste, I like Asterisk despite the blandness of Ayato, Vanadis is rare because I really like almost all of the characters.. Tatsuya Stu is Stu and I like his Stuness.. I like Issei, I like Rias and others but I just cannot seem to highly regard DxD as better storyteller than the mention above at least after vol 10, 11 and 12..
niknasr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-06, 03:35   Link #1100
Hakai

Quote:
Reported for Blasphemy