AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Old 2016-07-02, 05:47   Link #1081
soularc55
7th dimensional king

"Elaborate"
Why do I feel you are involved with something?
Old 2016-07-02, 08:29   Link #1082
Mitrospeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by soularc55 View Post
"Elaborate"
Why do I feel you are involved with something?
Huh? I was simply thanking him because he made it very detailed.
Mitrospeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-02, 11:26   Link #1083
-Hikaru-
(´・ω・`)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosakideocampo View Post
But still Rem is the best
The popularity of Rem is quite unexpected. But perhaps because she is a simple yet straightforward and adorable girl that people love her. Well too bad Rem's not going to have much screen time later.
-Hikaru- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-02, 18:26   Link #1084
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitrospeed View Post
Thank you for that elaborated summary! If I remember correctly from the LN then this sounds almost identical to them. It's also nice to get reminded of what awaits us in the future episodes of the anime.
It doesn't sound as dark as I thought. Was this toned down? How many times does he die?
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-02, 19:05   Link #1085
Mitrospeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
It doesn't sound as dark as I thought. Was this toned down? How many times does he die?
The things that makes this arc so strong can't really be conveyed through a summary. You have to read it in detail, immerse yourself or as an alternative see it animated.

If you expected gore galore where the majority of the "darkness" comes from overly brutal deaths ( not saying that his death aren't brutal ) then you've been baited by false summaries that go way over the top.

In this arc he dies
Spoiler:
Old 2016-07-02, 19:11   Link #1086
BladeMancer

Quote:
The things that makes this arc so strong can't really be conveyed through a summary. You have to read it in detail, immerse yourself or as an alternative see it animated.
I see. I am a bit disappointed from what I saw in the spoilers but if the true pain can't be conveyed through summary, I shall keep expectations.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
Old 2016-07-02, 19:20   Link #1087
Mitrospeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
I see. I am a bit disappointed from what I saw in the spoilers but if the true pain can't be conveyed through summary, I shall keep expectations.
Well you got disappointed from something that never existed in the first place

You just have to look at the summary and imagine reading in full detail or animated with voice acting and visuals. To me reading summaries and the actual thing is a difference like night and day.
Old 2016-07-02, 22:32   Link #1088
Applehell

Even if those fake/embellished spoilers had been true you wouldn't have seen that extreme level of gore in the anime anyway (and it's plenty dark as it is). Subaru still went through utter hell by the sounds of it, so not all much changed in that result.

Last edited by Applehell; 2016-07-03 at 01:55.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 15:32   Link #1089
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:

If you expected gore galore where the majority of the "darkness" comes from overly brutal deaths ( not saying that his death aren't brutal ) then you've been baited by false summaries that go way over the top.

In this arc he dies
Spoiler:
Uh

You do realize that much of arc 3 in the LN is completely different from the WN, right?
The original WN versions did infact have absolutely horrible gruesome torture scenes, far too bloody for TV.

I have a feeling you're completely oblivious to this fact.
Old 2016-07-03, 15:35   Link #1090
BladeMancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Uh

You do realize that much of arc 3 in the LN is completely different from the WN, right?
The original WN versions did infact have absolutely horrible gruesome torture scenes, far too bloody for TV.

Seriously? So the spoilers were half right, half wrong. I think the author toned it down quite a lot because it was probably too brutal to sell
Old 2016-07-03, 15:43   Link #1091
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I mean, Fenrisulfr skips those scenes.

chapter 38:
Quote:
 左腕が、肩から引き千切られていた。千切られた腕はまるでゴミのように放られ、洞窟の冷たい地面をさらさ れるように転がる。

-----------

ペテルギウスがちゃちな効果音を口にし、そのたびにレムの体が破壊される。耳が千切られ、右の足首がねじ 切られ、刺さった刃が震えて傷口を押し広げた。

レムが、蹂躙されている。
 その尊厳が、目の前で、いとも容易く愉しげに、犯されている。
Spoiler:

EDIT: I haven't read LN version this far, so I actually do not know if these scenes were removed in them. So I could be talking out of my ass as well.
Old 2016-07-03, 17:05   Link #1092
Bangirasu

One question. After what happened in this week anime episode, and barring that Arc 4 scene with Puck, will Reinhard appear again in Arcs 3 or 4, or won't we see him again until Arc 5?

Also, does he continue to be in good terms with Subaru in Arc 5?
Bangirasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 17:12   Link #1093
Mitrospeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Uh

Oh no no I think you misunderstood me.

Of course the WN is more brutal, I'm aware of that.
What I was referring to were these false summaries that add a whole lot of physical brutality that simply doesn't appear neither in the WN or the LN. You know like
Spoiler:

I was assuming that he read these kind of summaries since they seem to float around a lot lately
Old 2016-07-03, 17:51   Link #1094
BladeMancer

So Subaru has the ability to
Spoiler for Spoils:
Old 2016-07-03, 18:08   Link #1095
Deishuu Kaiki

Its sadly the EN fan ranobe translation is dead.
Deishuu Kaiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 19:02   Link #1096
tatsuya155

I'm not really familiar with web novels, neither with light novels.

I've read some light novels on baka tsuki, but that's all.

unfortunately, i can't read this series on baka tsuki, and i can't find anything through google.

is the only way to read this possible by buying the novel? And how do I do that?

And if I can read it online somewhere, could someone tell me where? I would really love to read this serie.

sorry to be bothering you
tatsuya155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 19:17   Link #1097
BladeMancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatsuya155 View Post
I'm not really familiar with web novels, neither with light novels.

I've read some light novels on baka tsuki, but that's all.

unfortunately, i can't read this series on baka tsuki, and i can't find anything through google.

is the only way to read this possible by buying the novel? And how do I do that?

And if I can read it online somewhere, could someone tell me where? I would really love to read this serie.

sorry to be bothering you
This series is licensed. Licensed series cannot be fan translated in any form, so you won't find any online (the fan translations weren't very far as well, only one volume was translated) and asking for translations on a licensed series is not looked kindly upon in this site (it reminds us of joyful times, in which volumes wouldn't take incredibly long to come out)
Also the company that licensed this are slow, really slow. It will take about 5 years (especially with how big arc 3 is) to translate everything. The first volume is coming out this month, the second hasn't been announced.
Old 2016-07-03, 20:31   Link #1098
anon42

This last episode went from "AAHHH, fremdschamen again!" to a big grin of quite the amusement in the last few minutes Looking forward to the next one.

P.S. Also, who the hell thought that adjectives with tenses is anywhere close to a good idea? Merging present and future is nice, but still not a bargain.
anon42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 02:26   Link #1099
tsunade666

vol 1 is 15 days to go
vol 2 is 134 days to go
vol 3 is 260 days to go.

up to vol 3 of the licensed book is already planned out. no news for book 4 yet but its probably 3 books per year.
Old 2016-07-04, 02:37   Link #1100
Breimn

Dont know about quality of translations but at least speed will be probably faster than fan translations.
By the way where does loop start from?What is the save point?
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, not harem, reborn, thriller, time travel, webnovel