AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-07-11, 09:51   Link #1081
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
I got strained on my path of becoming "shipper".
Don't give up!!! A true shipper won't give upon his ship!!
I may sway to Ayako-boat time to time but I never give up on Erika!!

A shipper must always have a dream! Your faith must remain strong and keep on believing in our Goddess Erika-sama!!!

p.s. I feel like I'm wayyy off-topic but part of the reason why I don't thing this ship's still sailing is the likely Rozen Arc.
Old 2015-07-11, 19:38   Link #1082
Kadia

Speaking of Rozen Arc, it's just our speculation of its forthcoming right? Yeah yeah.. i know there are hints everywhere in the story and i wish to read it too. However, considering the current pace say it takes two volume for 10MC meeting and beating back terrorists (17+18). That means 7 volume left (assuming 25 volume plans), Haigu doesn't even appear yet and There are so many other things to wrap up (i.e. Yotsuba' s sponsor identity, who invent the back door hacking tool of echelon3 etc)

Anyway, if the arc really do occur, where will the location be i wonder? German or Japan? I don't think Tat can fly oversea easily due to his status as SC magician and the norm about magicians traveling.
Kadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-13, 03:49   Link #1083
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
Don't give up!!! A true shipper won't give upon his ship!!
I may sway to Ayako-boat time to time but I never give up on Erika!!

A shipper must always have a dream! Your faith must remain strong and keep on believing in our Goddess Erika-sama!!!

p.s. I feel like I'm wayyy off-topic but part of the reason why I don't thing this ship's still sailing is the likely Rozen Arc.
Iam talking about "Strike Blood"; I havent given up on my TatsuyaXErika. I believe Satroll will deliver it.

Until I get the Rozen arc Iam not giving up.

PS: I just realized what "skynet" means after watching it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadia View Post
Speaking of Rozen Arc, it's just our speculation of its forthcoming right? Yeah yeah.. i know there are hints everywhere in the story and i wish to read it too. However, considering the current pace say it takes two volume for 10MC meeting and beating back terrorists (17+18). That means 7 volume left (assuming 25 volume plans), Haigu doesn't even appear yet and There are so many other things to wrap up (i.e. Yotsuba' s sponsor identity, who invent the back door hacking tool of echelon3 etc)

Anyway, if the arc really do occur, where will the location be i wonder? German or Japan? I don't think Tat can fly oversea easily due to his status as SC magician and the norm about magicians traveling.
I think Satroll wants to finish Mayumi off before Erika.

Moving to Germany is a good way to introduce and reintroduce character. And Tatsuya still have to find H-nanchara-nanchara that Hayama was wary of. Its a good chance for Tatsuya to meet Raymond? Face to face.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 01:35   Link #1084
Pierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Shizuku doesn't love Tatsuya and her thoughts about him have never been like that, she always admired him for his skills since the 9SC and wanted to hire him, it's more believable to think that she's in love with Honoka rather than Tatsuya.
Huh? What hallucinogenic drug are you taking? I realize yuri fans are beyond liberal and will generally ship any to random females as long as they appear in the same work, but this is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

Shizuka sees Honoka as her best friend and that is it. Hell even in the one arc when they were in the hot springs she made the comment about Honoka's breast to get back at her because she felt slighted about her own size, but she said it in as monotone a way as possible and then just left, while the other girls tried their usual skin-ship. She clearly showed no lust/romantic any kind of aspect in a situation where it was most likely.

On the other hand, even if she only admires him, that is a lot more likely to turn into love then her sisterly relationship with Honoka.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 02:59   Link #1085
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Huh? What hallucinogenic drug are you taking? I realize yuri fans are beyond liberal and will generally ship any to random females as long as they appear in the same work, but this is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

Shizuka sees Honoka as her best friend and that is it. Hell even in the one arc when they were in the hot springs she made the comment about Honoka's breast to get back at her because she felt slighted about her own size, but she said it in as monotone a way as possible and then just left, while the other girls tried their usual skin-ship. She clearly showed no lust/romantic any kind of aspect in a situation where it was most likely.

On the other hand, even if she only admires him, that is a lot more likely to turn into love then her sisterly relationship with Honoka.
You should calm down and read my post well. I never said that she loves Honoka, I said Shizuku loving Honoka is more believable than Shizuku loving Tatsuya, as you said, she jsut respects him so I don't understand why people treat her as if she was in his harem
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 08:30   Link #1086
Gundamx

Quote:
You should calm down and read my post well. I never said that she loves Honoka, I said Shizuku loving Honoka is more believable than Shizuku loving Tatsuya, as you said, she jsut respects him so I don't understand why people treat her as if she was in his harem
It's like saying Tatsuya X Leon is more believable than Tatsuya X Erika from yaoi fan point of view
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 04:39   Link #1087
Pierre

Quote:
She does love Honoka, as a sister that is no big secret.

The context of your phrase implies equal types of love, therefore the most logical intrepretation of your comment would be Shizuki loving Honoka romantically is more realistic than her loving Tatsuya, which its not.

Its not, she is almost guranteed to be a straight character, and as previously mentiond views Honoka as a sister. Romantic love chances are 0, there is nothing less than that.

Shizuku has really only been in contact with a handful of male characters, with Tatsuya being the dominant one, and she at least respect him. Chances of romantic love greater than 0.

Hence your argument is false. Good sir.

For the record Shizuku would likely be the longest odds imo, I don't disagree with you on that point though, I would even put Ayako or the twins ahead of her as a probability, but on the flipside behind Mayumi I think she would be the second best choice for Tatsuya, and they would probably fit together pretty well given they both have rather kuudere appearances.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-23, 23:05   Link #1088
Kadia

If my recollection is correct, it is stated in V5 that Ichijo's family business is related to "Valuable materials extraction from sea or coastlines". Once Tat's hidden project aka "ESCAPE" is known, is this a premonition of conflict b/n them? And do u guys think there are spies among branch families of Yotsuba?
Spoiler for An excerpt from V5:

The translation in my country actually says "Anything valuables from the sea" not "mining undersea".
Old 2015-07-24, 00:57   Link #1089
Echizen777

Quote:
If my recollection is correct, it is stated in V5 that Ichijo's family business is related to "Valuable materials extraction from sea or coastlines". Once Tat's hidden project aka "ESCAPE" is known, is this a premonition of conflict b/n them? And do u guys think there are spies among branch families of Yotsuba?
Spoiler for An excerpt from V5:

The translation in my country actually says "Anything valuables from the sea" not "mining undersea".
By spies do you mean, a branch specialized in these kind of jobs or enemies? Kuroba are the specialized in intelligence, as for enemies, I don't think it's possible considering they recruit new members by brainwashing them. Rather than a conflict, it could be a sign for partnership, as Tatsuya stated it's too big of a project for FLT alone, what he is doing is for the benefits of all the magicians.
Old 2015-07-24, 02:11   Link #1090
Kadia

^i mean the possibility of betrayal among branch families, not necessarily head of the branch but their member although it is not unlikely for the younger generation as it is shown through POV of Yuka, Kuroba's siblings. Rather than being hostile toward Tat who recently gained power and freedom (to act under Miyuki)in Yotsuba hierarchy, they would side with him.

About the partnership with Ichijo clan or other 10MC, it's still ambiguous whether Tat will break off from Yotsuba pursuing his ideal by his own (which is not likely considering Miyuki is an official heiress now) or change the Yotsuba's direction to be more economical than mafia-ish. Hence i guess i would take the later and agree with u that the collaboration is more likely. Joint venture with "Kitayama" is also possible otherwise why bother introducing Benio and Shizuku's dad.
Old 2015-07-24, 02:22   Link #1091
somerand

Quote:
^i mean the possibility of betrayal among branch families, not necessarily head of the branch but their member although it is not unlikely for the younger generation as it is shown through POV of Yuka, Kuroba's siblings. Rather than being hostile toward Tat who recently gained power and freedom (to act under Miyuki)in Yotsuba hierarchy, they would side with him.

About the partnership with Ichijo clan or other 10MC, it's still ambiguous whether Tat will break off from Yotsuba pursuing his ideal by his own (which is not likely considering Miyuki is an official heiress now) or change the Yotsuba's direction to be more economical than mafia-ish. Hence i guess i would take the later and agree with u that the collaboration is more likely. Joint venture with "Kitayama" is also possible otherwise why bother introducing Benio and Shizuku's dad.
From what we have seen in volume 16, it appears that all their subordinates are either brainwashed or heavily indoctrinated from a young age like Minami. Brainwashed and heavily indoctrinated people clearly aren't going to rebel.... The branch leaders with as things stand don't seem likely to rebel either, they all clearly accept that Miyuki is going to be the next head of the family, as clearly stated in volume 16 by them their selves. They may have had the guts to attempt to delay her appointment but none of them showed the slightest inclination towards full on rebellion in volume 16.

Unless something major happens to change the power dynamic in volume 17+ they don't seem likely to rebel at all.
somerand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-24, 03:27   Link #1092
Kadia

Major change such as the death of Maya? do u mean power dynamic within Yotsuba right?
Anyway, do u guys thing will the 10MC system eventually stay till the end of the series?

p.s.i really like Maya and wish for her survuval to the very end
Old 2015-07-26, 18:29   Link #1093
amtro
Distro

I seriously doubt the Ichijou will be inclined to do business with the Yotsuba unless Miyuki is married off to Masaki.
Old 2015-07-30, 21:50   Link #1094
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
I seriously doubt the Ichijou will be inclined to do business with the Yotsuba unless Miyuki is married off to Masaki.
I really wonder why the author went to such extent to build up Masaki's character. I get the impression, that in a hypothetical scenario where Masaki is married off to Miyuki (make no mistake, this is the direction of marriage, given that Maya will not change her choice of clan head) , Tatsuya actually won't mind if Miyuki's marriage partner was Masaki. Largely , because Masaki is a known quality, and a prospective ally much like the 101st Battalion are.

Of course, Miyuki automatically rejects everyone else who isn't Tatsuya. No matter how decent, sympathetic or even outright heroic those alternatives might be. It would actually be cruel to say this, but from Miyuki's perspective, a partner like Minoru is probably the second best ideal after Tatsuya - having a husband that would live long enough to fulfill obligations, but is conveniently doomed to leave you a widow in a few years....

Oh dear. I seem to have made Miyuki Yotsuba into a Black Widow.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-30, 23:15   Link #1095
Kadia

^ Umm...I havn't seen any of the prick's character has been built up so far. I initially though he would be introduced as Tat's arc nemesis but it turned out he appeared here and there in order to supplement how badass Tat was. Speaking of his character development i still feel that his childish(the way he keeps fixating about winning over Tat before pursuing Miyuki) and conceited attitudes do not get any better. Of course the aforementioned conceited attitude is subjected to each individual reader. It's just that when u mentioned him like a well-known acceptable nice guy, it just itch me. Comparing to Kasuto who i think is the most righteous among the heirs/heiresses, he is vastly inferior.

Sorry pls bear with me i just dislike him
Old 2015-07-30, 23:38   Link #1096
Aciald

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I really wonder why the author went to such extent to build up Masaki's character. I get the impression, that in a hypothetical scenario where Masaki is married off to Miyuki (make no mistake, this is the direction of marriage, given that Maya will not change her choice of clan head) , Tatsuya actually won't mind if Miyuki's marriage partner was Masaki. Largely , because Masaki is a known quality, and a prospective ally much like the 101st Battalion are.

Of course, Miyuki automatically rejects everyone else who isn't Tatsuya. No matter how decent, sympathetic or even outright heroic those alternatives might be. It would actually be cruel to say this, but from Miyuki's perspective, a partner like Minoru is probably the second best ideal after Tatsuya - having a husband that would live long enough to fulfill obligations, but is conveniently doomed to leave you a widow in a few years....

Oh dear. I seem to have made Miyuki Yotsuba into a Black Widow.
It is possible that we could see a plot twist and Miyuki winds up married to Masaki.

However, cynical as it may be I think it's likely that Masaki and Tatsuya's harem were written in as a failsafe in case the whole incest thing didn't fly. It's all very well to cry artistic freedom but when your meal ticket depends on getting published risking some bureaucrat deciding your story violates the law would be scary. It's probably a good idea to have a back up plan.
Aciald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 07:48   Link #1097
amigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciald View Post
It is possible that we could see a plot twist and Miyuki winds up married to Masaki.

However, cynical as it may be I think it's likely that Masaki and Tatsuya's harem were written in as a failsafe in case the whole incest thing didn't fly. It's all very well to cry artistic freedom but when your meal ticket depends on getting published risking some bureaucrat deciding your story violates the law would be scary. It's probably a good idea to have a back up plan.
Wise words,sadly,you're probably right.
amigos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 12:43   Link #1098
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciald View Post

Satou's main job is being a salaryman or engineer iirc from his afterwords. He is also not young like a lot of other writers
I dont think he needs to write books for his meal
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 23:47   Link #1099
Kadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Satou's main job is being a salaryman or engineer iirc from his afterwords. He is also not young like a lot of other writers
I dont think he needs to write books for his meal
Um..i actually prefer your idea regarding Satou's ideal. As Mahouka is one of a few novels that i have been following and actually purchased the books albiet difficult to bear with the translation quality, i would like to see Satou adhering to his original writing plan regardless of criticisms and pressures from publisher(if any).
Old 2015-08-01, 00:41   Link #1100
Echizen777

Quote:
Um..i actually prefer your idea regarding Satou's ideal. As Mahouka is one of a few novels that i have been following and actually purchased the books albiet difficult to bear with the translation quality, i would like to see Satou adhering to his original writing plan regardless of criticisms and pressures from publisher(if any).
But you don't know what he is planning.