AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

Old 2014-07-18, 19:43   Link #1081
Hachitora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Is Muse a fictional anime group played by nine seiyu who were contractually obligated, as part of their seiyu hiring, to put on full-fledged real life live performances of the fictional group's most famous songs? Is Muse a real life group of J-Pop hopefuls who hoped to use an anime tie-in as a springboard for a J-Pop career? Was Muse originally "just" nine seiyu, and one day one of them said "Hey, why don't we all put on RL performances that are like the performances our characters do in the anime? I think it could be fun!"? Is Muse something else?

I wonder if there's a big Love Live! page somewhere that covers the full range of what it and Muse are all about (i.e. not just the anime).
It's mostly the first thing you said. The Love Live project originally started as PVs featuring the characters. They had 5 PVs before they had the anime. I don't even know if the anime was planned when they first started this multimedia project (though they might've). The seiyuus most likely knew beforehand that they'd have to do love concerts. As for a page, there is the Love Live wiki, but I'm not entirely sure if it has all and exactly what you're looking for. It has the history of Muse though, I think.

Last edited by Hachitora; 2014-07-18 at 20:18.
Hachitora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 01:20   Link #1082
Nork22

Quote:
Is Muse a fictional anime group played by nine seiyu who were contractually obligated, as part of their seiyu hiring, to put on full-fledged real life live performances of the fictional group's most famous songs? Is Muse a real life group of J-Pop hopefuls who hoped to use an anime tie-in as a springboard for a J-Pop career? Was Muse originally "just" nine seiyu, and one day one of them said "Hey, why don't we all put on RL performances that are like the performances our characters do in the anime? I think it could be fun!"? Is Muse something else?
Muse is a fictional group created by Lantis, Degenki and Sunrise as part of a bigger multimedia francshie (much like idolm@ster).

I won't say Muse is a group of hopefuls as a few of them have been around the industry for a bit (I noted a couple of them also used to be gravure models). Also, it's expected if you are going to put on an idol group, you have to do live concerts and I'm sure the seiyuus knew that when they agree to be cast as the characters before the first PV was released. They just needed to have more songs out to put on a 2 hour show at least.

Quote:
These performances also enjoy very respectable crowds. And this doesn't look like just some one-off event, given that those are three different stages.
This chart gives you an idea what the anime did for the franchise.

And to give you an idea on how big Saitama is, this is from their 2014 concert in February (and to remind people they had the worst snow storm in Tokyo's history during this concert).

Spoiler:
Old 2014-07-19, 08:26   Link #1083
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
@ Sol Falling, Hachitora, and Nork22

Thank you for the very informative replies! Taking them altogether, I think I get it now.

I had been aware that many anime seiyu were also J-Pop idols (Aya Hirano, Nana Mizuki, etc...), but I wasn't aware that anime franchises themselves often put on their own J-Pop shows with seiyu as music and/or dance performers, speaking to Sol's points. So, yeah, the overlap is definitely bigger than I was previously aware of.

That Love Live! Infographics bit is fascinating. I'm impressed that they even kept track of pixiv artwork. The anime's effect on CD sales is truly amazing.

I now have a better sense of why some people were very strongly against the anime alone causing a turnover in Muse's membership. These 9 characters and their seiyu are Muse, in both a real life and fictional sense, really.

I remember you mentioning some time ago about the TV skits and comedy bits that Muse's seiyu put on, Nork. After enjoying their RL live performances, I think I'll try to find some videos of that as well.
Old 2014-07-19, 20:58   Link #1084
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

=pomf=
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 21:06   Link #1085
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
=pomf=
Ah!!! Someone stop her!!! She's trying to suffocate my empress!!!! O_O

*quickly tackles Nozomi*
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 21:08   Link #1086
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Ah!!! Someone stop her!!! She's trying to suffocate my empress!!!! O_O

*quickly tackles Nozomi*
- And then what? You sleep in the marshmallow softness of her wholseome boo---(gets whacked by Eri)
Old 2014-07-19, 22:08   Link #1087
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- And then what? You sleep in the marshmallow softness of her wholseome boo---(gets whacked by Eri)
Everyone freaks out and I get dog-piled by all their voluptuous-*passes out from lack of oxygen* XD
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 22:39   Link #1088
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Everyone freaks out and I get dog-piled by all their voluptuous-*passes out from lack of oxygen* XD
- ...except for Nico, of course.

Old 2014-07-20, 00:34   Link #1089
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Quote:
@ Sol Falling, Hachitora, and Nork22

I remember you mentioning some time ago about the TV skits and comedy bits that Muse's seiyu put on, Nork. After enjoying their RL live performances, I think I'll try to find some videos of that as well.
There's a ton of them on youtube. I think you can type "love live school idol project" and see what pops up.

Also a fun little tie in with a mostly digital audio player company:

Last edited by pagan poor; 2014-07-20 at 10:02.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 01:35   Link #1090
Hachitora

Quote:
There's actually a youtube channel that has the past few radio shows that Emi Nitta (Honoka's VA) has right now. I still find them entertaining to watch even though I have only a tiny understanding of Japanese There are other radio shows like a NicoRinPana one and a NozoEli one, but I've got no idea where to find those. My favorite ones are the HonoKotoMaki shows that stopped a while ago though

Speaking of Emitsun's Fight Club, her next guest for the show is Pile (Maki) here's a link to watch it live when it gets broadcasted, for anyone who's interested.
Old 2014-07-20, 12:34   Link #1091
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

http://projectli.tumblr.com/
https://twitter.com/SSP_info

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 16:41   Link #1092
Dextro
He Without a Title

MY BODY IS NOT L@DY FOR THIS!

*sorry, I'll return to my regular not-so-hyped tone in a moment
Old 2014-07-20, 17:01   Link #1093
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

oh god what is this
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 17:27   Link #1094
Triple_R
*Author

So that's what Hanayo was so excited about reading on her cellphone.
Old 2014-07-20, 19:16   Link #1095
Galacticichi

Lmfao! An intro like that would be hilarious .
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 21:18   Link #1096
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
oh god what is this
It's the greatest idol concert in the world!!!

Seriously: If I'm reading the twitter page correctly, it's like another one of those fan events where a bunch of indie/amateur rock bands rock out to iM@S and LL tunes.
Old 2014-07-21, 05:40   Link #1097
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Old 2014-07-21, 09:54   Link #1098
Hachitora

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
/dies

Since when did Honkers learn how to play guitar? Last I checked only Eli knew how to play Same with Haruka
Old 2014-07-21, 10:57   Link #1099
Triple_R
*Author

This might make for an amusing Love Live! AU spin-off...

Last edited by Triple_R; 2014-07-21 at 11:10.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-21, 11:02   Link #1100
Yye1
Wide Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachitora View Post
/dies

Since when did Honkers learn how to play guitar? Last I checked only Eli knew how to play Same with Haruka
When does it say that Eli knows the guitar?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
idol, music