AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2021-11-28, 17:04   Link #10941
XFire
150% done

This is just going to get nasty if it keeps going, so that's going to be my last response on the topic.
Old 2021-11-28, 17:33   Link #10942
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuanwu View Post
At least I would say that Le Fay and Yasaka should have been handled better in the past two volumes, but to be fair to Rias, she didn't exactly steal the spotlight in those volumes as well.

I'm not worried about Ravel or Ingvild, but others like Le Fay, Roygun and Elmenhilde (Ishibumi seems to like Elmen though).
I’d say Ravel and Ingvild will plays the biggest parts of shin 5. It’s Ravels volume and will likely get her proposal at the end and Ingvild is going to have to step up in her position as queen with Grayfia having left the team. I’d doubt she will get a proposal but will see significant improvement in her relationship with Issei. Maybe a kiss
Old 2021-11-28, 17:52   Link #10943
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
A random dude on the internet, same as you. You aren't special, buddy, and I don't have to be special to call you out in an internet forum.

And your basis for this is that he isn't giving screentime to the characters you prefer, while pretending its about the story structure. Not catering to the whims of a single reader he does not and never will know exists is not "incompetence".

And then those new members of the main cast get the screen time deserving of their new place. However there are plenty of characters who haven't joined the main cast despite being introduced a dozen or more volumes ago....and that's fine, because not every character needs or deserves equal screentime

It is entirely your problem, as both the writer and the vast majority of the readers, going by the popularity polls, completely disagree that the characters have nothing left to do.

The valid reason is that they aren't members of the main cast while the people focused on were.

a) simply removing or minimizing the most popular and arguably important love interest in a harem story makes zero sense and is far more likely to turn readers off

b) says you, and with zero basis. Rias is still the core around which the Gremory group revolves

c) hence "conditionally", and she literally fought him head on

You spend this whole time whining Rias takes up all the spotlight before saying that she hasn't had it the past few volumes?

So again your only issue is that he's focusing on someone other than who you want him to. Making it a purely personal gripe.
Never considered myself special, but being a random dude my consideration is 0, especially not having valid reason to tell my that.

They aren't neither characters that I like, but rather you I acknowledge they may have a fundamental role in the story structure than others.

I agree not every character deserves the same screentime,
but when there are characters who deserve it, it should be correct give them it.

The polls are not a valid metod, the polls indicate which are the characters more liked and obviously those with more characterization or screen time win. Indeed having always Ultimate beings is more useful than Maou-class beings or above for the story, especially when they have to fight enemies every day.

A) something did not happen like experimented previously. But it's a choice every author has to do: popularity or quality.

B) Zero basis? Literally Rias' contribute is insignificant being an ultimate class devil. Issei is the core of Gremory group. They became stronger thanks to him. He's their motivazion and main fighter. Remove Issei from DxD fights with Gremory Group and many things would not have happened. He defeats the opponents.

C) If you have plot-armour everything is possible. Considerating she should be just an above maou-class.

Maybe you should read better, I was specificically saying of Shin 4 where she obtained much screen-time and even a whole fundamental fight and Ishibumi would have liked to give her more screen-time?

That's my problem when the girl of that volume had an insignificant screen-time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I’d say Ravel and Ingvild will plays the biggest parts of shin 5. It’s Ravels volume and will likely get her proposal at the end and Ingvild is going to have to step up in her position as queen with Grayfia having left the team. I’d doubt she will get a proposal but will see significant improvement in her relationship with Issei. Maybe a kiss
Do you think is too early to receive a proposal?

Their relationship is pretty evolved even if not about the love story. Irina got it when the first fundamental step of their relationship was in vol18.

Anyway I really find hard for Ravel having a big role in the rating game match because technically unless plot-armour It's an easy match. Not like the others with Rias ecc.

Last edited by Giuseppe1234; 2021-11-28 at 17:59. Reason: [QUOTE=cyberdemon;6493396]I’d say Ravel and Ingvild will plays the biggest parts of shin 5. It’s Ravels volume and will likel
Giuseppe1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-28, 18:12   Link #10944
cyberdemon

You think Diehauser is an “easy match”? He’s beaten gods, he’s beaten super devils. Issei’s powerful but that means nothing to Diehausers strategies and techniques. Issei is going to need a lot more than power in this match. Frankly a part of me thinks the match will be won by default because Diehauser was seriously injured n a sudden UL attack
Old 2021-11-28, 18:53   Link #10945
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe1234 View Post
snip
You're basically repeating yourself, and still without substance beyond "I want others to have the spotlight". Like I said, argument is over.
Old 2021-11-29, 03:49   Link #10946
Marvix
Elmenhilde's Fang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuanwu View Post
I think that's bad news for Gasper. Personally, I would want to see just Gasper and Valerie teaming up against one of the Malebranche rather than Rias using him as a dress for the rest of the novel.

Also, who knows when this short story is being released?
It came on the 20th but we've been waiting for the digital edition to be able to translate the full short story. And the digital edition releases today (midnight of the 30th in Japan). Here's some more spoilers I translated (including ones I've already said before) from good but not good enough scans.

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Old 2021-11-29, 05:55   Link #10947
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
You think Diehauser is an “easy match”? He’s beaten gods, he’s beaten super devils. Issei’s powerful but that means nothing to Diehausers strategies and techniques. Issei is going to need a lot more than power in this match. Frankly a part of me thinks the match will be won by default because Diehauser was seriously injured n a sudden UL attack
He defeated Gods of low level without any experience in battle due to his superior knowledge and strategy. It's not a big feat because every team among the first 16 did.

About Zero's team he won only thanks to Plot-armour because Balberith even with another fighting style had still the raw power to blow away everyone in one second and Verrine for some reason didn't do something. Or are we going to ignore how those two massacred a top 10 being and Asura Gods violently, something Indra with Heavenly Kings could not.

He never faced someone strong and when potentially he met one, the plot-armour helped him.

The actual matches are nothing more than a King vs King and the strategy and techniques are useless when the power gap is too immense. What can stop DxD Issei from destroy Belial and his team in some seconds? They can't damage or fight him.

A maou-class and some ultimate class are bugs not only for top 10 beings, but even for weaker Gods.
Old 2021-11-29, 08:36   Link #10948
B214

Quote:
B) Zero basis? Literally Rias' contribute is insignificant being an ultimate class devil. Issei is the core of Gremory group. They became stronger thanks to him. He's their motivazion and main fighter. Remove Issei from DxD fights with Gremory Group and many things would not have happened. He defeats the opponents.
Excuse me? Are you drunk or something? Ise is not the main reason they became strong okay. Rias is. Because Rias, Sona & Sairaorg chose not to be like the usual noble Devils and go with training themselves and their servants that Ise and the others became strong. The usual High-Class Devils will just trade away the servants they deemed weak. This is something Ravel pointed out in V14.

Quote:
“Also everyone in the Gremory group, including you, Ise-sama, is working very hard to cover their own weaknesses. The truth is, the professionals have too much pride in their ability and their tactics, so they don’t do such a thing as training themselves. Basically, the High-class Devils are beings who don’t like to work hard and train, and they move accordingly by relying on the trait of their household and the talent running through their blood. If they feel that their servant is lacking in power, they try to solve it by trading. Of course there are many High-class Devil players who have pride in the servants they chose. But trading is something which occurs often among the players.”

Hmm, so the professional players made a trade if they were lacking in strength. That’s why they didn’t have the ideas to train for the Game. So they solved the problems by trading their servants that they felt were weak. I could only say that they had no affection towards their servants. Well, I might feel like that since I belong to the Gremory who have strong affections. After all, Devils were logical. Now that I remembered it, that bastard Diodora tried to make a trade easily. I was listening to Ravel’s words really seriously, and her opinion continued.

“Among them, Rias-sama’s group are all personally training themselves. In terms of that, the Sitri group and the Bael group are doing the same, but these actions are unheard of even if you look back into the history of Devils. And these actions are actually giving results.”
So you need to give credit to where credit is due, Rias chose not to act like the usual noble Devils and trained Ise. If Ise were to put to someone besides Rias or Sona, he would still be weak because his masters would just trade him away.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-29, 09:07   Link #10949
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Excuse me? Are you drunk or something? Ise is not the main reason they became strong okay. Rias is. Because Rias, Sona & Sairaorg chose not to be like the usual noble Devils and go with training themselves and their servants that Ise and the others became strong. The usual High-Class Devils will just trade away the servants they deemed weak. This is something Ravel pointed out in V14.

So you need to give credit to where credit is due, Rias chose not to act like the usual noble Devils and trained Ise. If Ise were to put to someone besides Rias or Sona, he would still be weak because his masters would just trade him away.
She gave them the basis and believed on them, but their increase of strength is due to Issei.

Only when Issei became a reincarnated devil everyone started to grow-up without limits. It's stated everyone near Issei has an absurd grow rate due to his influence and irregolarity.

Issei helped Akeno to accept her other bloodline to increase her strength. Same thing for Koneko and others.

Furthemore even if Issei was very weak, I really doubt someone would trade the Sekiryuutei, whenever do you will have another opportunity to find a Longinus User?

Also even the noble Devils need training initially to learn how to use demoniac power or fight as well the study like Rias did if i'm correct. They didn’t born learnt.

Even a genius like Sirzechs to have a such control over his demoniac power had to training.
Old 2021-11-29, 12:48   Link #10950
Xuanwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvix View Post
It came on the 20th but we've been waiting for the digital edition to be able to translate the full short story. And the digital edition releases today (midnight of the 30th in Japan). Here's some more spoilers I translated (including ones I've already said before) from good but not good enough scans.

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Sleeping for extended periods to preserve mental health does make sense, it's very easy to imagine one becoming jaded at life after living for centuries/millennia.

Personally would have preferred if she looked middle-aged though, if she's lived for thousands of years.
Xuanwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-29, 20:10   Link #10951
Fog Gate Boss

Quote:
About Zero's team he won only thanks to Plot-armour because Balberith even with another fighting style had still the raw power to blow away everyone in one second and Verrine for some reason didn't do something. Or are we going to ignore how those two massacred a top 10 being and Asura Gods violently, something Indra with Heavenly Kings could not.
Meh. I have always just viewed it as Mahabali was in the Rating Games to take on Indra and that is the only time he ever got serious in a fight, so he used kid gloves against Balberith and Verrine which ended up screwing him in the end because he didn't pay enough attention to it.

That is my own head canon though so best not to put much stock into it. Also, Mahabali isn't Top 10 and in his fight it took everything he had to take Indra's arm and even then Indra smacked him down with a maximum charged Vajra shot.
Fog Gate Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-30, 04:16   Link #10952
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fog Gate Boss View Post
Meh. I have always just viewed it as Mahabali was in the Rating Games to take on Indra and that is the only time he ever got serious in a fight, so he used kid gloves against Balberith and Verrine which ended up screwing him in the end because he didn't pay enough attention to it.

That is my own head canon though so best not to put much stock into it. Also, Mahabali isn't Top 10 and in his fight it took everything he had to take Indra's arm and even then Indra smacked him down with a maximum charged Vajra shot.
He had been moving forward at full speed ever since the World Tournament began, and he hadnÂ’t lost a single match. He seemed to have an intense hatred for Śakra, and he was competing intensely in order to take down all of the teams that stood before him one after the other.

For which reason he would have not put attention on them? Mahabali is not a beginner and just with a look like every other figher would have acknowledged those two were extremely powerful due to their Aura, especially Balberith could scare Hades and two heavely dragons.

And after someone of them was eliminated, he started to fight seriously. I don't think he's a masochist who likes to be defeated violently in front of every mythology.

Every time someone says Mahabali is not a top 10 based on what? I mean for which reasons he's not for you?

1. All his attacks were felt as strong as Issei's Infinity Blaster, his ace move. The only one able to riproduce a such feat is Indra. The normal attacks of Vali or Crom are not on such level and Issei had to charge the cannons to fire at beast two times even though is a top 10. Vidar BxB can fire a such attack only with his final move.

2. Unless you are not an incredible technique type with affinity like Nehza or Kiba, a not top 10 can't even hope to face a top 10. Apollon was immediately blowed away and couldn't go near Ddraig. And Indra is even stronger.

3. you are forgetting before the final attack Mahabali received directly more lightnings, each as strong as Infinity Blaster and still was able to fight. Then he was eliminated by a final attack where Indra put all his aura, so way stronger than an Infinity Blaster.
Old 2021-11-30, 12:30   Link #10953
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvix View Post

Spoiler for Spoilers:
The story sounds like a loosening of how murky and strong the situation will get in dxd with the impending war, but I didn't like the description of the physical appearance because I expected slightly more mature appearances (40-50, like zekram's), not that they were the typical centennial beings with the appearance of adolescents.

Now I wonder why zekram takes that appearance and if the angels can take appearances that appear older or ¿the same gods as Odin really got old?
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-30, 13:32   Link #10954
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by godz View Post
The story sounds like a loosening of how murky and strong the situation will get in dxd with the impending war, but I didn't like the description of the physical appearance because I expected slightly more mature appearances (40-50, like zekram's), not that they were the typical centennial beings with the appearance of adolescents.

Now I wonder why zekram takes that appearance and if the angels can take appearances that appear older or ¿the same gods as Odin really got old?
Because Zekram doesn’t care about his appearance and that appearance is reason of pride for himself. Belong to the first generation.
he there was since the beginning, starting from the Big war to the Civil War until ours days.
Old 2021-11-30, 16:46   Link #10955
godz

Quote:
Because Zekram doesn’t care about his appearance and that appearance is reason of pride for himself. Belong to the first generation.
he there was since the beginning, starting from the Big war to the Civil War until ours days.
Runeus is also of the first generation and a survivor of the great war, but he decides with his dreams to maintain a youthful appearance ... which will cause a millennial being to decide to take an appearance as disadvantageous as old age, since by age Indra and Odin They should be similar ... but Indra is still in his best moment and instead Odin is weakened, the mental age would be very important and they believe that Issei will take an old appearance in the future (thousands of years) or will always remain around 30 max?
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-01, 11:13   Link #10956
Xuanwu

He's probably going to look in his 30s for thousands of years. After that, I guess he'll start to look middle-aged.

Zekram looks middle-aged and has lived for 10000+ years, right? I believe Issei said something along those lines in Volume 18.
Old 2021-12-01, 20:12   Link #10957
Fog Gate Boss

Quote:
He had been moving forward at full speed ever since the World Tournament began, and he hadnÂ’t lost a single match. He seemed to have an intense hatred for Śakra, and he was competing intensely in order to take down all of the teams that stood before him one after the other.

For which reason he would have not put attention on them? Mahabali is not a beginner and just with a look like every other figher would have acknowledged those two were extremely powerful due to their Aura, especially Balberith could scare Hades and two heavely dragons.
Because when he was defeated by Verrine and Balberith, there was no mention of his six arms and six divine weapons he used against Indra. He likely didn't want to give a heads up to what he could do.

Additionally, the Rating Game field was strengthened after the preliminaries (the section of the games where Balberith + Verrine fought Mahabali), and Indra's match ended up destroying it, suggesting a more devastating battle than with earlier matches.

The narration talked about Mahabali's six weapons being divine weapons being rumours, as if he hadn't used them before his fight with Indra. There was also no reference to Mahabali using Infinity Blaster-scale attacks beforehand and Issei seemed surprised, so either Issei and Co never followed up on the match (unlikely considering how Rias considered the match itself an anomaly and knew they might fight against them sometime down the road in a match) or Mahabali didn't fight against them the same way he fought against his sworn nemesis.

Quote:
Every time someone says Mahabali is not a top 10 based on what? I mean for which reasons he's not for you?

1. All his attacks were felt as strong as Issei's Infinity Blaster, his ace move. The only one able to riproduce a such feat is Indra. The normal attacks of Vali or Crom are not on such level and Issei had to charge the cannons to fire at beast two times even though is a top 10. Vidar BxB can fire a such attack only with his final move.

2. Unless you are not an incredible technique type with affinity like Nehza or Kiba, a not top 10 can't even hope to face a top 10. Apollon was immediately blowed away and couldn't go near Ddraig. And Indra is even stronger.

3. you are forgetting before the final attack Mahabali received directly more lightnings, each as strong as Infinity Blaster and still was able to fight. Then he was eliminated by a final attack where Indra put all his aura, so way stronger than an Infinity Blaster.
Literally nothing you posted would put him on Top 10.

1) His attacks being akin to the Infinity Blaster just means there are people between the Top 10 and Issei that can do that, not that only people on the Top 10 can. Not much of a surprise if there are people near Top 10 or just in between Tartarus and Typhon in power scaling, especially considering how I don't think Issei and Co have ever fought a War God before.

2) Apollon isn't in the Top 10, and Mahabali is a warrior god who has prepared himself to battle Indra and likely trained to resist attacks against the guy who he wants to fight. Or Mahabali himself is strong enough to fight them and put up a good fight with preparation and him being stronger than Kiba, Nazha and most of the other characters would help.

3) Being defeated by a Top 10's attack that is stronger than an Infinity Blaster isn't proof that you are Top 10, it is proof you can take that attack and not die instantly, see Tartarus surviving AxA's nerf blast.

Quote:

The unobservable close-ranged bout between Sakra’s Vajra and the weapons from God Mahabali’s six arms had begun! Every time an attack was struck, Godly aura covered the whole sky. There was a moment when Sakra was struck by God Mahabali’s powerful sword! —Sakra’s left arm was severed! Ooooh! God Mahabali cut off Sakra’s arm! My comrades who were watching got excited and there were also some that jumped! I was also surprised and stood up! While Sakra already had his arm severed off, he still swung the Vajra towards God Mahabali and electrocuted his whole body! Sakra seemed — happy from the bottom of his heart.

[HAHAHA! You are giving me quite the fight!]

The commentator shouted.

<<Oohh! Mahabali-senshu! He cut off one of Sakra-senshu’s arms!>>

The spectators shown on the screen were also super excited—. God Mahabali had probably reached his limits after taking Sakra’s arm as his body staggered upon receiving Vajra’s lightning. Sakra didn’t let the chance slip. As he charged up a maximum amount of Godly aura on his Vajra, he released it at God Mahabali at once! The flash of lightning covered the entire field—. God Mahabali — suffered a great deal of damage all over his body. Smoke came out from his body. And then, he fell down as he lost consciousness. Sakra quietly flew down. The camera showed the destroyed ground as a result of their battle. God Mahabali was lying on the ground with his face down. Sakra stood beside the defeated God Mahabali and said.
-Mahabali severs Indra's arm
-Indra hits him one more time with a seemingly "normal" attack
-Mahabali staggers and reaches his limits
-Indra takes the time to charge his attack with his Vajra to maximum and hits Mahabali.

It directly states that Indra uses the maximum amount of Godly aura on his Vajra, as in charging it to 100% before using it, instead of using all of his own power. Besides his arm being severed, Indra looks no worse for wear nor is there any mention of fatigue from him. It is fairly clear that he likes a good fight and won't waste it, but it doesn't seem like Indra took the fight itself very seriously.

Last edited by Fog Gate Boss; 2021-12-01 at 22:10.
Fog Gate Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-02, 04:17   Link #10958
n0m@n
C-Z

Sigh. No new volume in January either.
Old 2021-12-02, 04:19   Link #10959
B214

Feb it is then.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-02, 13:00   Link #10960
Xuanwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fog Gate Boss View Post
It directly states that Indra uses the maximum amount of Godly aura on his Vajra, as in charging it to 100% before using it, instead of using all of his own power. Besides his arm being severed, Indra looks no worse for wear nor is there any mention of fatigue from him. It is fairly clear that he likes a good fight and won't waste it, but it doesn't seem like Indra took the fight itself very seriously.
It says he sustained significant damage similarly to his subordinates though.

Quote:
After the commentator announced who the winner was, the spectators were also really charged up. Sakra’s win, huh. But…Sakra also didn’t come out unscathed. Sakra had visibly suffered several injuries here and there on his body, as shown on-screen. Likewise, his subordinates, the Four Heavenly Kings, and Arjuna also suffered significant damage. The fated match was not a one-sided victory.