Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-02-20, 19:36   Link #1061
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
We don't know yet if they can or not.

It could be that the ones with two balls are more powerful (if they can). Or like I said, it could be retconned (I hope that doesn't happen).
The Dragon made a point to state it would grant any wish within its power, and its power is the power of Monaito. Monaito couldn't even stop the saiyans, so he's small fry. The Dragon will just tell Granolah how to become the strongest, just like Shenron told Goku how to become SSG.
Old 2021-02-20, 20:04   Link #1062
GDB

To be fair, Kami wouldn't have been able to stop the Saiyans either. Neither could Guru (though Nail could have). I don't think that's necessarily indicative of the dragon's power.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-20, 22:56   Link #1063
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The Dragon will just tell Granolah how to become the strongest, just like Shenron told Goku how to become SSG.
The dragon will end up sending Granolah to Beerus's planet where Beerus will take note of Granolah's anger and desire for revenge and decide he's a good candidate to learn Hakai.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-21, 08:34   Link #1064
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, the amount of power shouldn't be indicated by that. But we'll see, I guess.
Old 2021-02-21, 12:14   Link #1065
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
To be fair, Kami wouldn't have been able to stop the Saiyans either. Neither could Guru (though Nail could have). I don't think that's necessarily indicative of the dragon's power.
It is indicative, since they in fact wanted to wish for Vegeta and Nappa's death during the Saiyan arc, and it was said it couldn't be done because Shenron was only as powerful as Kami (I always wondered, though. Couldn't they have asked for their pods to malfunction/blow up? They would have died in space as a result). If the Dragon can't kill someone stronger than him, it should be logical it can't make someone stronger than him either.
Old 2021-02-21, 14:58   Link #1066
justavisitor

Hopefully that the tiny dragon won't grant the wish. Otherwise what is the point of Heeters also looking for the dragonball? The tiny dragon probably will tell the character a way to do so
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-21, 23:14   Link #1067
alex_drian

Quote:
It is indicative, since they in fact wanted to wish for Vegeta and Nappa's death during the Saiyan arc, and it was said it couldn't be done because Shenron was only as powerful as Kami (I always wondered, though. Couldn't they have asked for their pods to malfunction/blow up? They would have died in space as a result). If the Dragon can't kill someone stronger than him, it should be logical it can't make someone stronger than him either.
We know Vegeta and Nappa of that time now, but they didn't so it wasn't a sure thing that would have work, so not worth the risk.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-21, 23:18   Link #1068
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Hopefully that the tiny dragon won't grant the wish. Otherwise what is the point of Heeters also looking for the dragonball? The tiny dragon probably will tell the character a way to do so
Is not relevant but I don't remember if it was stated in this manga that the super dragon actually at least is potent enough to kill a hakaishin at least according to Whis in the anime.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-12, 08:38   Link #1069
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Drafs are out.

Spoiler for 70:
Old 2021-03-12, 11:03   Link #1070
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah. He became the strongest (not counting the gods). I wonder what the condition was. Maybe this either means the dragon can't make him the strongest unless he works for it, or the dragons from 2 Dragon Balls are more powerful (aside from Super Shenron).

Either way, unless Goku and Vegeta can become stronger than Granolah, they're in big trouble.
Old 2021-03-12, 15:53   Link #1071
justavisitor

excluding the god...supreme kai is a god. Grand kai (anime) is a god. Kai is a god. Dende is supposed to be a god for earth. So....
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-12, 16:37   Link #1072
GDB

Going to guess that the concept here is that he's folding his future latent potential onto the present version of him to gain power. So cutting off massive chunks of his life to empower himself now.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-12, 17:48   Link #1073
Galaxian

Quote:
Drafs are out.

[SPOILER="70"]Switch to Vegeta and his training, he manages to pull of a hakai on a tiny rock. When Goku implies that he and Vegeta are the only contenders for strongest in the Universe, Whis replies he can't be so sure and goes "right?" while looking at the Oracle Fish, who replies the strongest warrior is about to be born.

Did they forget about Broly? Or has Vegeta surpassed him?
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-12, 19:24   Link #1074
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I doubt Broly will ever show up in the manga anyway. It didn't even bother adapting the movie, just a two page recap and that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Going to guess that the concept here is that he's folding his future latent potential onto the present version of him to gain power. So cutting off massive chunks of his life to empower himself now.
So basically going Gon-san? That explains the hair
Old 2021-03-18, 16:54   Link #1075
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Chapter's out.

GDB was 100% right. Granolah could have lived 150 more years and that was cut down to 3 after he made the wish. I'm not sure why that enabled him to (apparently) learn hakai though. I should have guessed he would cut his hair because there's no way Toyotaro would draw them every chapter.

I thought Frieza would be the one tricking Granolah into going after Goku and Vegeta, but the Heeters will do it. Little do they know Goku and Vegeta hate fighting two on one... Really hoping Vegeta gets to defeat the "bad" guy this time, what with all the parallels between him and Granolah.
The Heeters plan to take over Frieza's army and I'm just left wondering why they didn't do that during all those years Frieza was dead.
Old 2021-03-19, 03:39   Link #1076
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Chapter's out.

GDB was 100% right. Granolah could have lived 150 more years and that was cut down to 3 after he made the wish. I'm not sure why that enabled him to (apparently) learn hakai though. I should have guessed he would cut his hair because there's no way Toyotaro would draw them every chapter.

I thought Frieza would be the one tricking Granolah into going after Goku and Vegeta, but the Heeters will do it. Little do they know Goku and Vegeta hate fighting two on one... Really hoping Vegeta gets to defeat the "bad" guy this time, what with all the parallels between him and Granolah.
The Heeters plan to take over Frieza's army and I'm just left wondering why they didn't do that during all those years Frieza was dead.
Huh? It didn't look like Hakai to me. It was stated that the boulder exploded.

If it really was Hakai, then the boulder would have been disintegrated with no debris left.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-19, 09:47   Link #1077
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Huh? It didn't look like Hakai to me. It was stated that the boulder exploded.

If it really was Hakai, then the boulder would have been disintegrated with no debris left.
Oatmill was surprised and asked what kind of technique that was, which indicates it's not an ordinary ki thing. Furthermore, there's a panel showing the boulder coming apart before the explosion. Then we had Granolah turning what what's his name threw at him into dust, another application of hakai.
Old 2021-03-19, 10:07   Link #1078
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Oatmill was surprised and asked what kind of technique that was, which indicates it's not an ordinary ki thing. Furthermore, there's a panel showing the boulder coming apart before the explosion. Then we had Granolah turning what what's his name threw at him into dust, another application of hakai.
Of course it's not regular ki, but non-ki abilities aren't exactly limited to gods either. Frieza technically has telekinesis too.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-19, 11:43   Link #1079
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Of course it's not regular ki, but non-ki abilities aren't exactly limited to gods either. Frieza technically has telekinesis too.
Compare the pages where Granolah destroys the boulder and the one where Beerus destroys the rock. Both are portrayed EXACTLY the same way, down to the same sound effects.

Pages are missing from Mangaplus right now for some reason.
Old 2021-03-19, 15:47   Link #1080
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Beerus said that "Destruction" causes the target to cease to exist. The stuff Granolah used that move on didn't cause its targets to cease to exist. The time when he used it in front of the Heeters, he just turned a piece of rock into sand--since it still existed as sand, it didn't cease to exist. So that wasn't "Destruction".

Tags
donkan mc