AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-09-23, 17:29   Link #1061
Lucidrago

Did you ever think that was Rossweisse's team uniform which was Valkyrie armor designed based on Issei's Scalemail?
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-23, 17:31   Link #1062
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

@DragonOsman I think the armour that Rossweisse is wearing is special Valkyrie armour made for tournament that is probably same colour as Ise's team uniform therefore specially made for her which would mean it is expensive and we all know how Rossweisse is about this kind of thing.
Old 2017-09-23, 17:33   Link #1063
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I remember our discussion from back then . . . but yeah, you're probably right. It being her Valkyrie armor that had the same color as Ise's team uniform does make sense.
Old 2017-11-20, 16:48   Link #1064
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

In regards to Issei vs Saji I have a theory as how the fight plays out.
The before the fight Issei uses Infinity Blaster to reshape the battlefield, draining a lot of his stamina and demonic power.

Issei & Saji meet up and engage each other, both in their Balance Breakers. While Issei would normally be physically strongers than Saji in his Scale Mail due to his physical strength, durability and partially enhanced dragon biology, Issei is struggling due to his stamina drain.

Saji takes advantage of that by using his Absorbtion Lines to futher weaken Issei and tries to keep him of balance with his Shadow Prison & Delete Field.

Issei cuts Saji Absorbtion Lines and transforms into True Queen because he is realises his disadvantage and need for more power against Saji.

Issei begins to overpower Saji with CCQ and Saji is put on the defencive as Issei starts to pummel him.

Saji begins to lose hope as he gauges the difference in power between himself who is a Dragon King and Issei who is a Heavenly Dragon. But encouraged by his sister and his promise to defeat Issei he regains his posture and his willpower & drive empower his Sacred Gears.

Ddraig and Vritra declared theyd keep fighting as long as their bodies could move, even if their consciousness left.

Saji goes all out against Issei using all of his powers in a flurry of attacks like Black Flare punches, Absorbtion Line grapples and similar attacks.

Issei than begins to match Saji with his own attacks such as Solid Impact Booster puches, Star Sonic Booster speed kicks, Dragon Shots and fire breath which Saji counters with his Black Fire.

Issei begins to regain his ground but Saji just won't quit which is why he uses his DxD arm to finish him.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-20, 17:01   Link #1065
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksider555 View Post
In regards to Issei vs Saji I have a theory as how the fight plays out.
The before the fight Issei uses Infinity Blaster to reshape the battlefield, draining a lot of his stamina and demonic power.

Issei & Saji meet up and engage each other, both in their Balance Breakers. While Issei would normally be physically strongers than Saji in his Scale Mail due to his physical strength, durability and partially enhanced dragon biology, Issei is struggling due to his stamina drain.

Saji takes advantage of that by using his Absorbtion Lines to futher weaken Issei and tries to keep him of balance with his Shadow Prison & Delete Field.

Issei cuts Saji Absorbtion Lines and transforms into True Queen because he is realises his disadvantage and need for more power against Saji.

Issei begins to overpower Saji with CCQ and Saji is put on the defencive as Issei starts to pummel him.

Saji begins to lose hope as he gauges the difference in power between himself who is a Dragon King and Issei who is a Heavenly Dragon. But encouraged by his sister and his promise to defeat Issei he regains his posture and his willpower & drive empower his Sacred Gears.

Ddraig and Vritra declared theyd keep fighting as long as their bodies could move, even if their consciousness left.

Saji goes all out against Issei using all of his powers in a flurry of attacks like Black Flare punches, Absorbtion Line grapples and similar attacks.

Issei than begins to match Saji with his own attacks such as Solid Impact Booster puches, Star Sonic Booster speed kicks, Dragon Shots and fire breath which Saji counters with his Black Fire.

Issei begins to regain his ground but Saji just won't quit which is why he uses his DxD arm to finish him.

I find that to be actually believable. I just couldn't accept the fact it took DxD for Issei to beat Saji when Cardinal Crimson should already be more than enough to beat Saji. But what type of game was it that would allow Issei to use Infinity Blaster. This was a battle of tactics that Ravel shined on. At anycase while I am interested how the battle between Saji and Issei went, but I'm more interested how the fight between Sona and Xenovia went. It seems no one talks about that.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-20, 17:02   Link #1066
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Darksider555: That's probably how it went, yeah. Though I wonder how much of a gap there was between Ise using ∞ Blaster and his fight with Saji. Remember that the match itself was a day long and Ise used ∞ Blaster in the beginning.

Edit: One post late.
@syzorst: All I remember is that the Ise vs. Sona match was a type of "One-Day Long War" match. I don't know the objective. Hopefully someone will shed some light on it.
Old 2017-11-20, 17:17   Link #1067
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
@Darksider555: That's probably how it went, yeah. Though I wonder how much of a gap there was between Ise using ∞ Blaster and his fight with Saji. Remember that the match itself was a day long and Ise used ∞ Blaster in the beginning.

Edit: One post late.
@syzorst: All I remember is that the Ise vs. Sona match was a type of "One-Day Long War" match. I don't know the objective. Hopefully someone will shed some light on it.
Quote:
One Day Long War

Completely the opposite of the rules for "Lightning Fast", with a long time limit of one day. During that time, the players' goal is to move around the giant field and defeat their opponent. Because the field is so big, one's patience and ability to search for their opponent becomes necessary.
I belive that One Day Long War has a time limit of 24 hours in which either the enemy King must be defeated or when the time limit is reached the team with the most pieces win. I guessing that Issei starts of with his team against the Sitris but gets isolated which was the Sitris plan all along so that Saji could get his rematch. And anyone else wouldn't stand a chance even against a weakened Issei because their skill set can be nullfied by his raw power. Only Saji's power and skill could fight him on somewhat even terms. The rest of the Sitris are covering for Saji in hopes of buying him enough time so that he can retire Issei. But Xenovia defeats Sona right after Issei beats Saji.
Old 2017-11-20, 17:30   Link #1068
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, Saji has those troublesome moves and he has Dragon King-level power in Balance Breaker (since it's comprised of all of the Vritra Sacred Gears combined into one and Vritra's consciousness is awakened. It was also stated somewhere that Saji in Malebolge Vritra Promotion is Dragon King level), which is why Saji is the only one on Sona's team who can fight Ise on somewhat even terms.

And yeah, of course it's 24 hours long. That's why it's called a One Day Long War.
Old 2017-11-20, 17:36   Link #1069
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Yeah, it's kind of self explanitory :P

But I don't know how powerful Bova & Ouryuu are? I mean Bova was stated to potentially achieve Dragon King level of power (though that is kind of vague since it can go from Ultimate class devil to Maou class devil power) and he was being pushed back by Bennia (but I belive she used Gundam to do it) and Ouryuu should at least be High Tier High Class Devil power?

If I recall the spoilers correctly, the two of them fight the two of them fight the rest of the Sitri team while Grayfia, Irina, and Rossweisse face of against Tsubaki, Loup, and Bennia ?
Old 2017-11-20, 17:45   Link #1070
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I don't know how strong those two are either. But yeah, definitely, Dragon King level is around Ultimate-class Devil power. And Maou-class is the peak of Ultimate-class. It's the strongest a Devil was known to be able to be until Rizevim, Ajuka and Sirzechs came along. Tiamat is the strongest Dragon King and she's Maou-class.

I don't really remember the spoilers about the Sekiryuutei of the Blazing Truth Team vs. Sitri Team match that well, so I'm not sure, but you could be right.
Old 2017-11-20, 17:53   Link #1071
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

I would assume that Bova and Ouryuu are ultimate class devils since they are both worth 5 pawn pieces. I can't exactly remember the pawn power scaling in this thread.

I would assume that Bova will be as powerful as Tannin when he grows up. I also can remember Asia's & Ravel's role's in the fight?
Old 2017-11-20, 18:00   Link #1072
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The scaling on this thread was based on opinion, though, no matter how reasonable it was, since there's been nothing definite in the novels about that yet. And it was the scaling for the tournament itself, since it's actually different compared to how the levels and scaling work for reincarnated Devils normally.
Old 2017-11-20, 18:28   Link #1073
Lucidrago

Bova is worth 3 pawn pieces not 5. And the thing is he is definitely strong but not as strong as some of the others on Issei's team due to his lack of combat experience.

And I would say that Saji is most likely even or stronger in Balance Breaker than Issei is in his which would require Issei to use CCQ to defeat him. Now if we're taking about their physical strength and durability they're basically even. What I mean is that if you strip them bare and have them go at each other without using their Sacred Gears they're even. And their Sacred Gears gives them entirely different stats. Issei has thd advantage in offense and pure power(because he's a power idiot and uses Boost) while Saji has the advantage in skill and technique and versatibility. I would say their durability is about equal unless Issei uses CCQ. Because they both have armor and both have insane wills and determination where they could both take a nuke in the face and still get up.
Old 2017-11-20, 18:44   Link #1074
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Oh right I forgot that Bova was worth 3 paws. Then wouldn't it make more sense to put Ouryuu as a Rook then put Bova and Elm as pawns so that he has 3 extra pieces?

In terms of Issei's & Saji durability, I agree since we've seen Saji take Issei's BxB punches, Holy flames & Beezebe demonic power. But in terms of Balance Breakers I disagree on the raw power aspect. Issei's Scale Mail is created by a Longinus from the power of a Heavenly Dragon, so there is more power behind the armors creation. While Saju could overwhelm Issei with his tehniques I don't think that he is stronger. They are probably equal with each having their own strong points.
Old 2017-11-20, 20:01   Link #1075
Parry999

No the boosted gear/divine dividing barely has any of the heavily dragons powers in scale mail. God put seals on them remember? It why juggernaut drive existed.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-20, 20:40   Link #1076
Lucidrago

I just said that Saji in Balance Breaker is even or stronger than Issei in Balance Breaker. I never said that Saji has more raw power.
Old 2017-11-21, 05:36   Link #1077
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Um, most of us equate "being stronger" to "having more raw power" in case you haven't noticed. It's not like everyone thinks like you do about this.

@Parry: Yep. That's true. But now Ise and Vali have the True Queen and Emperio Juggernaut Overdrive. When completed, they'll have Ddraig and Albion's full power released.

And no, this isn't about Ise and Vali becoming Ddraig and Albion. Ise, for one, has a very weak base and that's why he hasn't been able to bring out Ddraig's full power yet. That'll be fixed once his base is strong enough to handle it. I think him awakening Great Red's power will help. Ajuka said in Volume 23 that he has to awaken both Ophis and Great Red's powers within him to unleash the full potential of his Pawn Pieces. I think it means that his Pawn Pieces are burdened trying to reincarnate him with Ophis's powers and Great Red's flesh plus Ddraig's soul. Ajuka did say that it's frightening how even 8 Mutation Pawns can't fully handle the power of Dragon Deification. That'll all be fixed once Great Red's power awakens. Then we'll not only get to see what Ise's 8 Mutation Pawns can really do, but the True Queen should also be completed (hopefully).

Euclid's base is stronger than Ise's, and Ddraig admitted when Euclid fought Ise in Volume 17 that if it were Euclid, he'd be able to bring about more than his full power. I'm just saying that Ise should also be able to do that once he's awakened the power he has from Great Red's flesh. Great Red's flesh should make his base stronger than Euclid's, theoretically speaking.

I don't want to start another argument about this. I'm just saying it's likely to happen and that I would really like it if it did.
Old 2017-11-21, 12:41   Link #1078
cyberdemon

The Base issue will likely be fixed with the awakening of ExE which is probably his dragon transformation.
Old 2017-11-21, 13:01   Link #1079
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That's what I think as well. It should also allow him to finally complete the True Queen. Maybe when he uses the True Queen for the first time after ExE awakens, it'll be completed. Or maybe it'll take one or two more uses, since it apparently took the second Dragon Deification to awaken Ddraig's flames (the True Queen became Maou-class probably after the first Dragon Deification, though, which might mean that it'll be completed after the first ExE).
Old 2017-11-21, 13:41   Link #1080
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
That's what I think as well. It should also allow him to finally complete the True Queen. Maybe when he uses the True Queen for the first time after ExE awakens, it'll be completed. Or maybe it'll take one or two more uses, since it apparently took the second Dragon Deification to awaken Ddraig's flames (the True Queen became Maou-class probably after the first Dragon Deification, though, which might mean that it'll be completed after the first ExE).
The question how strong Issei's base would be after he awakened the power from Great Red flesh.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote