AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2020-12-27, 07:36   Link #1061
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Not sure how much of a moral high ground the Third had, regarding the use of child soldiers. How old was Kakashi when he started killing people for a living? For that matter, even in Boruto's generation... the members of Boruto's cohort aren't what we'd recognize as adults.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-28, 07:58   Link #1062
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Not sure how much of a moral high ground the Third had, regarding the use of child soldiers. How old was Kakashi when he started killing people for a living? For that matter, even in Boruto's generation... the members of Boruto's cohort aren't what we'd recognize as adults.
He was talking about forcing children to become assassins. In Naruto and Boruto's era at least, the kids became ninjas because they want to, and genins rarely get sent on assassination missions, if ever.
Old 2021-01-10, 18:10   Link #1063
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This is just sad. The anime finally goes back to canon material after so long, and the animation turns to shit. I actually don't remember a Boruto episode looking this bad, the animation has been pretty solid the whole series unlike its predecessor's. I hope that means they're saving budget for the fights that actually matter.
Old 2021-02-16, 18:01   Link #1064
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The anime made the lightsaber into an even bigger Star Wars reference than it already was.

Boruto destroying the drones was a pretty cool scene.
Old 2021-03-14, 18:00   Link #1065
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was waiting for someone to post, but no one did.

Episode 189 was a thing of beauty. Should be in the top 5 best animated episodes of the Naruto franchise. Amusingly, it also used the manga's artstyle, most noticeable by the fact Konohamaru sported an afro. Definitely worth checking out.

Back to fillerland this week, which is to say, our regular programming.
Old 2021-05-19, 10:28   Link #1066
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Not sure I'll ever get back into the Naruto/Boruto franchise. But these past couple episodes were nice. Good action there.
Old 2021-09-05, 17:11   Link #1067
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The big reveal which was a surprise to literally no one is here. But Naruto has always been horrible with reveals like these (people guessed Tobi was Obito the very first chapter he appeared in), so it's in line with the main series. I still don't get how being a clone of Jiraiya gives Koji access to all of his jutsu though. Then again, Amodo's technology is pretty damn bullshit.
Old 2021-09-19, 21:15   Link #1068
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Ok, so we're bringing out the "Naruto should die if he does this" move now. Although while the franchise hasn't exactly refused to kill characters, I can't imagine they'll go all out and have Naruto bite the dust here. Heck maybe that's why Koji survived. Not exactly sure how he could prevent Naruto's death, but I could see there being some BS reason that the clone of Jiraiya could assist in that sense.

It was about all they had anyways. This guy was so ridiculously OP as an enemy they didn't have many other cards to play other than a serious Naruto powerup. Besides Boruto getting completely taken over which wouldn't exactly help them in a certain sense.
Old 2021-09-26, 17:03   Link #1069
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Baryon mode Naruto vs Isshiki was amazing. Plot wise, it's a complete asspull though. Kurama just so happened to have a secret mode that can reduce the lifespan of the opponent with every hit.... which is exactly what they needed.
Old 2021-10-03, 11:13   Link #1070
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Honestly this was probably the most balanced way to handle things. Got to limit the former main character somehow so the new cast can continue to grow and try to take on the bigger threats themselves. Naruto doesn't die so he can still play a role in the story. But his strength is severely diminished so he can't take it over.

And it still comes with a sacrifice. Just one that leaves people sad, but not so severe that they'd drop the franchise. Kurama goes out a hero which is a good way to go.
Old 2021-10-03, 12:43   Link #1071
azenable
President of TecoT

and this marks the return of Kishi to the storyboard as Kodachi forgets Naruto only have the Yang Kyubi chakra and also bit of each of the 9 tail beasts.

also what was Isshiki and Kaguya doing on earth if they already have a ten tail somewhere.
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-03, 18:12   Link #1072
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by azenable View Post
and this marks the return of Kishi to the storyboard as Kodachi forgets Naruto only have the Yang Kyubi chakra and also bit of each of the 9 tail beasts.

also what was Isshiki and Kaguya doing on earth if they already have a ten tail somewhere.
Naruto being unable to go six paths mode anymore is a Kishimoto thing. It was the same in The Last and in the bonus volume drawn by Kishimoto himself (the one about Sarada). And Naruto does (did) have both halves of Kurama's chakra, Hagoromo himself asked the Yin Kurama to go back inside Naruto at the end of the series and he complied.

Sasuke being nerfed, not sure who that's on. The only rinnegan ability he ever used is the switcheroo, where others like Almighty Push would have been useful against Isshiki's rods. Assuming he didn't lose Susanoo as well (Madara could use his without any eyes), him losing his rinnegan isn't much of a blow.

Naruto losing Kurama, on the other hand, is going to handicap him hard. As he himself stated, Kurama has saved his ass countless times. Sage mode is great, but not all that strong.
Old 2021-10-04, 12:32   Link #1073
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

So....I just caught up and.....did Naruto just pull the notorious Bleach's Ichigo's power-up of "I become Getsuga" which then drained him out of his power?

You know what? I'm actually intrigued. I wanna see how Naruto will do without his Kyubi powers anymore. I wanna see his resourceful-ness on full display. If I'm not wrong, Naruto himself already has a lot of chakra when compared to his peers. I think he really needs to master the Sage Mode even better now.
Old 2021-10-05, 12:15   Link #1074
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
So....I just caught up and.....did Naruto just pull the notorious Bleach's Ichigo's power-up of "I become Getsuga" which then drained him out of his power?

You know what? I'm actually intrigued. I wanna see how Naruto will do without his Kyubi powers anymore. I wanna see his resourceful-ness on full display. If I'm not wrong, Naruto himself already has a lot of chakra when compared to his peers. I think he really needs to master the Sage Mode even better now.
Now that he's Hokage he seems to have actually mastered some jutsus (he used a doton in his spar against Boruto) so hopefully he'll do more than just kage bunshin + rasengan variants.
Old 2021-10-07, 12:50   Link #1075
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Naruto being unable to go six paths mode anymore is a Kishimoto thing. It was the same in The Last and in the bonus volume drawn by Kishimoto himself (the one about Sarada). And Naruto does (did) have both halves of Kurama's chakra, Hagoromo himself asked the Yin Kurama to go back inside Naruto at the end of the series and he complied.

Sasuke being nerfed, not sure who that's on. The only rinnegan ability he ever used is the switcheroo, where others like Almighty Push would have been useful against Isshiki's rods. Assuming he didn't lose Susanoo as well (Madara could use his without any eyes), him losing his rinnegan isn't much of a blow.

Naruto losing Kurama, on the other hand, is going to handicap him hard. As he himself stated, Kurama has saved his ass countless times. Sage mode is great, but not all that strong.
he still has a bit of every tail beast chakra inside him, that was confirmed by SO6P.
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-07, 13:21   Link #1076
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Well, he can use the old frogs in his shoulders now. Not great but worse is nothing.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-08, 17:05   Link #1077
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by azenable View Post
he still has a bit of every tail beast chakra inside him, that was confirmed by SO6P.
He does. But for some reason he couldn't access this particular mode anymore.

Perhaps he'll still have some kind of chakra mode. I mean, those Ginkaku and Kinkaku brothers could turn into mini Kyuubis when all they had done was eat his flesh. Naruto had Kurama inside him for 30+ years, something could have been left behind.
Old 2021-10-25, 01:09   Link #1078
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Talk about putting the exam into speed run mode. Well I suppose dragging it out would just be repetitive anyways. I suppose lying to examinees isn't unusual. Yeah I suppose a final test that comes after the second test is totally not a third test .

Good stuff in there regardless of how hurried it was. Nice little run through what should be renamed "the forest of mild inconveniences." Did let the main group shine which is fine. Although since it was so hurried it sucks we didn't get that full Sarada exam fight. But I guess at least we should get a decent set of fights for the final/"totally not a third" round.

Hopefully they find a good way to manage things with Naruto. Be a bit of a shame to just completely power him down so he can't take over situations. As for Sasuke...he really should be fine. I mean as fine as a person gets after losing an eye. Should still be able to do most of the things he was doing before anyways.
Old 2021-10-25, 08:12   Link #1079
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yeah, I thought it weird they went through the second test so fast, given that they have no more manga material to work with and will probably be stuck doing anime original arcs for a couple years. But there is a last test and this one will certainly take several episodes.
Old 2023-01-16, 09:54   Link #1080
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So I've been checking the twitter account of Jun Esaka, the original writer of Sasuke Retsuden. It seems she is a woman and that she was really careful with writing Sasuke and Sakura's scenes due to the romantic appeal she gave in the novel. Gotta say, Pierrot finally decided to use their budget for something and it worked for that ring scene.

The manga author Kishimoto said that he himself sucked at this type scenes so The Last was written by a man more experienced with romance. The only scene he was praised by his editors with writing is that famous scene from Part 1 where Sasuke left the Village and Sakura confessed her feelings to him. His editor said that despite their young Sasuke and Sakura looked like lovers back then.