AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-05-10, 06:55   Link #1061
BalorView

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
Why?wasn't it obvious from the start and the other girls (even though I like them too,especially Honoka,Erika and Lina) were merely distractions?The author even had interviews that he intend them to pair up and have a happy ending
No, he only said that Miyuki and Mayumi will have happy endings, he did not mention about other girls or has plan to pair them up.
BalorView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 07:21   Link #1062
CrFl

It wasn't and it isn't obvious to me.
I think the only thing that matters (beside author's mood) is Tatsuya's opinion on this. And IMHO he does not like the idea.
CrFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 08:15   Link #1063
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalorView View Post
No, he only said that Miyuki and Mayumi will have happy endings, he did not mention about other girls or has plan to pair them up.

From what I remember,the question to Satou was why he made them siblings,and he answered something like not to make them a couple at the start (sorry,fuzzy memory).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrFl View Post
I think the only thing that matters (beside author's mood) is Tatsuya's opinion on this. And IMHO he does not like the idea.
For the way that he casually dismisses girls,and being too doting or as Mayumi said a siscon,to Miyuki?

Nowhere in the spoilers I've read did I see that Tatsuya doesn't like it,and looks like he actually didn't reject Miyuki's confession and was ok sharing the bed with her.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 13:54   Link #1064
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

BTW, the raw's up, so more t/ls should start trickling in.
Old 2015-05-10, 13:56   Link #1065
amtro
Distro

Not on an abandoned project, no. Some people are trying to continue TLing, but they're not getting very far with the few members they have and their limited experience.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 14:05   Link #1066
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
BTW, the raw's up, so more t/ls should start trickling in.
There's not even a translation for volume 15...
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 14:15   Link #1067
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

And yet that doesn't prevent people from posting translated excerpts and specific snippets on forums for the sake of stimulating ongoing discussions, does it?
Old 2015-05-10, 22:52   Link #1068
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrFl View Post
Tatsuya's feeling and opinion is dictated by the author, does it not?

If the author intended to make them into a couple, it is obvious that Tatsuya is going to like it, period.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 02:48   Link #1069
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalorView View Post
Are you misunderstanding being rejected as a happy ending?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
From what I remember,the question to Satou was why he made them siblings,and he answered something like not to make them a couple at the start (sorry,fuzzy memory).
Pretty much correct; he didnt want them to be lovers at start so he made them as siblings.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 02:56   Link #1070
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Are you misunderstanding being rejected as a happy ending?

Pretty much correct; he didnt want them to be lovers at start so he made them as siblings.

Someone in this thread, who had access to the interview, explicitly said that the author said that both Miyuki and Mayumi will have a happy ending.

And it is a puzzle to me why a whole bunch of people in this thread are so upset over the recent events from the spoilers. They will be a couple as hinted throughout the story. Get over it.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 03:24   Link #1071
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
Someone in this thread, who had access to the interview, explicitly said that the author said that both Miyuki and Mayumi will have a happy ending.

And it is a puzzle to me why a whole bunch of people in this thread are so upset over the recent events from the spoilers. They will be a couple as hinted throughout the story. Get over it.
Hmmm; thats wierd as I didnt heard of that?!
The recent interview doesnt say anything about that and the interview back in 2008 says Mayumi and Erika will be regected.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 04:10   Link #1072
Echizen777

You should not consider these interviews too much, he said both would have an happy ending, he aslo said Mayumi would not have feelings for Tatsuya and it's not what is happening in the LN or that an harem ending could be possible().
Old 2015-05-14, 09:57   Link #1073
Clutchdog

Mayumi is still saying she considers Tatsuya as a reliable little brother. So the authors words are still true.
And he said that "there won't be a harem ending, maybe". Which is basically a no but for the sake of other people he isn't flat out spoiling all of it. Basically everything has been correct so far. If you don't want to believe them it's fine but it doesn't change the fact that they're credible.
Clutchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 10:26   Link #1074
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchdog View Post
Mayumi is still saying she considers Tatsuya as a reliable little brother. So the authors words are still true.
And he said that "there won't be a harem ending, maybe". Which is basically a no but for the sake of other people he isn't flat out spoiling all of it. Basically everything has been correct so far. If you don't want to believe them it's fine but it doesn't change the fact that they're credible.
What? You don't need to have read many series to know that it's obviously not true. Miyuki said in volume 5 that she didn't love Tatsuya as a man, you thought that was true? If you think that the harem bit is because he doesn't want to spoil, why would you believe that Miyuki and Mayumi's happy ending are confirmed?
Old 2015-05-14, 10:40   Link #1075
Clutchdog

It's not about it being true. It's about what the author said being correct. So far Mayumi has not acknowledged her feelings towards Tatsuya and the author said that wouldn't change.

The "happy ending" statement is a lot more vague so it isn't as spoilerish.
Old 2015-05-14, 11:02   Link #1076
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchdog View Post
It's not about it being true. It's about what the author said being correct. So far Mayumi has not acknowledged her feelings towards Tatsuya and the author said that wouldn't change.

The "happy ending" statement is a lot more vague so it isn't as spoilerish.
Quote:

He said Mayumi would not have feelings for Tatsuya, she actually has feelings for Tatsuya in the LN so it's not correct/true. She will obviously not stay in that situation forever. Happy ending means happy ending, it's not vague at all, in the end X will be happy, it's very spoilerish considering some characters are raising death flags. If he can say that then he should be able to say if there'll be a harem end or not.
Old 2015-05-14, 11:36   Link #1077
Clutchdog

It really isn't as hard to understand as you're making it out to be. Since the author said that Mayumi's feelings will stay on the level of considering Tatsuya as a dependable little brother and the fact that she isn't acknowledging her feelings towards Tatsuya it means that what he said is still correct. Whether it changes or not remains to be seen, but since Satou has stated otherwise, I would guess it doesn't.

There are countless different ways a character can have a happy ending. It doesn't give out that much about the plot. I refuse to believe you're unable to understand at least that much. So, as I said, it's still spoilerish but not overmuch. About the harem comment you just have to read between the lines at least a little. He's basically saying "no harem" but he just isn't being super direct about it.
Old 2015-05-14, 11:42   Link #1078
KrimzonStriker

^What kind of author actually spoils specific content of his series before it even ends? 10,000 things could change from then to now. Sorry I'm not buying it, I'm just going to go off what I read/see. And saying certain characters will have a happy ending is much more vague and flexible in comparison.

Last edited by KrimzonStriker; 2015-05-14 at 11:53.
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 11:46   Link #1079
Clutchdog

What I was really surprised about was that he said that both Mayumi and Erika will "get dumped", when talking about it not turning into a harem.

It was the only thing I questioned because it's such an explicit spoiler.
Old 2015-05-14, 11:53   Link #1080
KrimzonStriker

^And this was from 2008? I mean seriously, this sounds like a fan-boy interpretation if I ever heard one. Taking it for a grain of salt.