AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2014-07-27, 09:33   Link #1061
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So, where do you think they will end the first cour? Saber's kidnapping and Archer's betrayal? That would make for one mighty cliffhanger.

Regarding HF being a movie (or movies), I wonder if they did that so they could animate the sex scenes. I doubt it since Realta Nua is supposed to be the final version now, but part of me can't help but hope.
Old 2014-07-27, 09:34   Link #1062
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

wow... just wow... I just saw it posted on animenewsnetwork... in the comments people STILL talk about an "original route"... I cannot believe people got so obsessed over that misstranslation and STILL did not get corrected on that... it's really sad when I see something like that... It feels like people are selective when picking up information!

Last edited by GreyZone; 2014-07-27 at 10:21. Reason: They DID post about HF later on, so I can remove that part
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 09:45   Link #1063
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
wow... just wow... I just saw it posted on animenewsnetwork... and they forgot to mention the Heaven's Feel movie... then in the comments people STILL talk about an "original route"... I cannot believe people got so obsessed over that misstranslation and STILL did not get corrected on that... it's really sad when I see something like that... It feels like people are selective when picking up information!
Seems they used a separate article to announce the Heaven's Feel movie.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ts-film/.77059
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 09:58   Link #1064
GDB

Quote:
It feels like people are selective when picking up information!
Welcome to 'Murica, enjoy your stay.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 10:13   Link #1065
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So, where do you think they will end the first cour? Saber's kidnapping and Archer's betrayal? That would make for one mighty cliffhanger.
That would work.

Quote:
Regarding HF being a movie (or movies), I wonder if they did that so they could animate the sex scenes. I doubt it since Realta Nua is supposed to be the final version now, but part of me can't help but hope.
Possibly. Since it is a movie, they could potentially get away with sex scenes.
Old 2014-07-27, 10:19   Link #1066
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Seems they used a separate article to announce the Heaven's Feel movie.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ts-film/.77059
Yes, I noticed that. I posted before that second newsarticle was released though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Welcome to 'Murica, enjoy your stay.
Is it really that bad over there?
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 11:04   Link #1067
Brother Coa
Banned

*clap, clap, calp, clap, clap*

This is all I have to say for Unfotable - job well done.
After seeing that no combo will work between the 3 routes you decided to use UBW for anime and give HF fans what they always wanted - animated route. Even if it's a movie it's great news for all who like that route. Majority has been pleased indeed ( even if Saber didn't get her own route she ends up pretty well in UBW so it's ok ), well done Unfotable.

I am pleased as well, UBW is most action-packed route so we will see a lot of action.

HF movie is also a good news - especially for those who have waited 10+ years for it to be animated. They will probably do it like KnK movie, because doing it like UBW movie would be too damn stupid. I have high hype for this as well.

Regarding the anime... I still have my doubt even after trailer ( because as GDB said Unfotable and Nasu are trolls after all ). I doubt they will give Kotomine and Ilya the same service like they received in UBW ( especially since Kotomine is manipulating Lancer as well as having Golgamesh for a servant ), especially for Ilya because 'we gave her an anime so we can do open heart surgery on her' is not good excuse at all.
So my take is that most of anime will be with UBW setting and they will add original concept to let other characters stay alive in anime that would usually die in the end. They may even include Fate scenes and end it with Fate ending.
Why am I saying this? Remember the manga? It started as UBW and it ended like Fate. And in my opinion, if you excluded HF part, they did that manga excellent. So I would not be surprised if the real surprise would be manga route for anime + last episode.

Even if anime is pure UBW it will be awesome, and with HF getting it's movie as well maybe we will get to see Fate remake after everything is done.

This is indeed great time to be Fate fan.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 11:07   Link #1068
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
Why am I saying this? Remember the manga? It started as UBW and it ended like Fate.
No it didn't. It started as Fate, had a short interlude to include Archer's betrayal and Kuzuki's death, then it shifted back to Fate. No one even cared that Archer had gone traitor on them. They didn't even finish Caster off, she came back and died the same way she did in Fate.
Old 2014-07-27, 11:09   Link #1069
Brother Coa
Banned

GDB, from the official manga site:

"Fate/Stay Night Manga
Summary:
The story takes place in an ordinary Japanese town, Fuyuki City. Hidden from society, there has been a deadly war going on in this town. Seven sorcerers known as "Masters" summon a powerful familiar called "Servants" and they all fight each other till the last one. The last one is said to attain the Holy Grail which will grant them a wish. Only a few knows when this War started and what the Holy Grail is, but the war was about to begin again this year. The main character is Emiya Shirou, who lost his parents in a fire and was adopted by a man who called himself a sorcerer. Admiring his step father, he has been training himself to be a sorcerer. However, he had no talent and he could barely use one type of sorcery. His step father has already passed away, and today he's a sorcerer without any skills or knowledge. He is involved in the War of the Holy Grail when he accidentally summons Saber, who is said to be the strongest servant of all... Based on "Unlimited Blade Works", the second part of the game."

Just read last sentence, this was when manga was announced.

Besides, I am probably wrong. But like I said I wouldn't be surprised if they go for it giving how Fate/UBW fusion can cover most of the story, battles and give most of the characters nice closure.
Old 2014-07-27, 11:12   Link #1070
GDB

Don't need to read a synopsis. I read the actual thing. In addition to the art being awful (seriously, looks worse than stuff from 20 years ago), the way it chopped up and rearranged Fate and UBW (really just Caster's part, nothing else was brought in) was awful as well.
Old 2014-07-27, 11:18   Link #1071
Brother Coa
Banned

Well who says that Unfotable can't do it better eh?

I am now just waiting to see how will they explain Sakura's case in anime?
And to see how will they manage Ilya and Kotomine. The rest is more than fine - especially if they decide to go for good ending and let Shirou have harem.
Old 2014-07-27, 11:20   Link #1072
XFire
150% done

So it's officially UBW for anime and HF is getting a movie?
Old 2014-07-27, 11:23   Link #1073
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
So it's officially UBW for anime and HF is getting a movie?
Probably multiple movies, as they termed it "Theatrical Anime", like they did for Kara no Kyoukai, rather than "Theatrical Feature" like most things get. But yes.
Old 2014-07-27, 11:36   Link #1074
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Probably multiple movies, as they termed it "Theatrical Anime", like they did for Kara no Kyoukai, rather than "Theatrical Feature" like most things get. But yes.
Excuse me while I do the happy dance.
Old 2014-07-27, 11:36   Link #1075
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
with 3 movies, the 2nd movie would probably be boring though, because it would be 70% cooking and everyday life with Sakura and would probably end with Sakura turning dark.
The "cooking and everyday life" stuff is kind-of important for Sakura's characterisation, though. They can't just cut all of that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I can see HF working well as a movie, although I still hope there will be several of them so that they can truly do it justice. I'm just happy it's finally getting animated at long last. Only took ten + years.
A single movie wouldn't work for HF at all. It would just be a bunch of badly-patched-together fight scenes like the UBW movie was. But, it seems like they're doing a series, so it should be OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Possibly. Since it is a movie, they could potentially get away with sex scenes.
I think it's unlikely, although the rape mentions might well stay in (particularly given the follow-up from Zero).

Quote:
Don't need to read a synopsis. I read the actual thing. In addition to the art being awful (seriously, looks worse than stuff from 20 years ago), the way it chopped up and rearranged Fate and UBW (really just Caster's part, nothing else was brought in) was awful as well.
Yeah, and the way it handles Sakura is awful too. As is the bit with Rider's death. The manga is just genuinely terrible.

Quote:
I am now just waiting to see how will they explain Sakura's case in anime?
Well, they might just overlook it entirely, or just add a few scenes which show Rin cares about her. I doubt they'll go as far as freeing her from Zouken, unless they kill him off anti-climatically (which they probably won't because people would then wonder why he was so hard to kill in HF).

Quote:
And to see how will they manage Ilya and Kotomine. The rest is more than fine - especially if they decide to go for good ending and let Shirou have harem.
I'd assume that the answer to those is "point you in the direction of HF" (the same most likely applies to Sakura, unfortunately). I don't see how they can develop Ilya or Kotomine in UBW without spoilering HF.
Old 2014-07-27, 11:42   Link #1076
GDB

They won't outright show the sex regardless, as they aren't a hentai studio. But as far as plot goes, they can easily leave it it. They've already done worm rape in Fate/Zero, and they aren't shy to having human on human rape as seen in Kara no Kyoukai.
Old 2014-07-27, 12:23   Link #1077
LoveYouSaber

Congratulations to Heaven's Feel fans - if the movie's done similarly to Kara no Kyoukai, it's going to be even more gorgeous than a TV version and there's less worry about censorships and constraints.

As a Saber fan, there's a bit of disappointment, but I think with some extra scenes, Saber can get a happy ending as well, but I guess I'll be asking too much for romance between her and Shirou. Better than ending up dark and getting killed by Shirou though.

At least there's going to be plenty of action scenes, but does that mean Avalon (as a noble phantasm) isn't going to show up?

Lastly I think UBW focuses on the dilemma of Shirou's and Kirigitsu's ideals, so in a way is the best follow-up to the ending scenes of F/Z.
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 12:25   Link #1078
cyberdemon

Quote:
*clap, clap, calp, clap, clap*

This is all I have to say for Unfotable - job well done.
After seeing that no combo will work between the 3 routes you decided to use UBW for anime and give HF fans what they always wanted - animated route. Even if it's a movie it's great news for all who like that route. Majority has been pleased indeed ( even if Saber didn't get her own route she ends up pretty well in UBW so it's ok ), well done Unfotable.

I am pleased as well, UBW is most action-packed route so we will see a lot of action.

HF movie is also a good news - especially for those who have waited 10+ years for it to be animated. They will probably do it like KnK movie, because doing it like UBW movie would be too damn stupid. I have high hype for this as well.

Regarding the anime... I still have my doubt even after trailer ( because as GDB said Unfotable and Nasu are trolls after all ). I doubt they will give Kotomine and Ilya the same service like they received in UBW ( especially since Kotomine is manipulating Lancer as well as having Golgamesh for a servant ), especially for Ilya because 'we gave her an anime so we can do open heart surgery on her' is not good excuse at all.
So my take is that most of anime will be with UBW setting and they will add original concept to let other characters stay alive in anime that would usually die in the end. They may even include Fate scenes and end it with Fate ending.
Why am I saying this? Remember the manga? It started as UBW and it ended like Fate. And in my opinion, if you excluded HF part, they did that manga excellent. So I would not be surprised if the real surprise would be manga route for anime + last episode.

Even if anime is pure UBW it will be awesome, and with HF getting it's movie as well maybe we will get to see Fate remake after everything is done.

This is indeed great time to be Fate fan.
Give it up. They realized like many others that there wasn't much of a point to do another Fate route since there was already one out there. This will be UBW, not Fate.

I suppose it's appropriate that they are doing UBW as a series since so much was cut out of the movie.

I am upset that HF is only getting a movie now though. I don't feel that they would be able to fit everything into even 2 movies since it is such a long route. Perhaps they are doing a movie right now and plan to go back to it later and do a full series for HF. Well I can always hope. If UBW series ends up being successful then there is a good chance that they could decide to go back to HF at a later time.
Old 2014-07-27, 12:33   Link #1079
LoveYouSaber

I think it's all going to be a cycle. Many years from now, when HF gets animated as a TV version, we will be also getting the news that the Fate route is going to be adapted into a movie....

The funny thing about UBW ending up being the route chosen for the TV version is that it was the least expected, as looking back these pages, it was a showdown between Fate route and the HF route... lol... talk about trolling.
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 12:40   Link #1080
Kurohane

I can't help but notice the poster at the end of UBW's video about Realtu Nua:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Is there someone fluent in Japanese here that can read this? Is the game getting yet another remake?

Tags
heaven's feel, ubw, ufotable