AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2014-10-21, 17:54   Link #1041
GrAVit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXtreme View Post
Who said it was over? It's too early to call it quits. There's still probably more than a year until the third story arc is released. A lot can happen in that time.
They seem pretty convinced about their decision, though.
How are you going to change their minds?
GrAVit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-21, 18:14   Link #1042
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

As long as you don't get the project killed, do what you gotta do XDDD
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-21, 18:34   Link #1043
GrAVit

Would you buy the game if they released it with the current Satoko sprite?
Old 2014-10-21, 19:40   Link #1044
xPearse

Meh, I kinda knew that would be mangagamers response. Anyhow when exactly does the towel fall off in the game, I can't fully remember, was it when she stands up after he layed her on the floor in the bathroom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
As long as you don't get the project killed, do what you gotta do XDDD
I agree, I'd really hate for that to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Yea, I don't think that was necessary.
xPearse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-21, 20:16   Link #1045
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Very funny.
I'm sorry, that was rude. I have an awful habit of posting really mean things without thinking about it, and then editing it later. (Case in point, the previous sentence was not in the original post. Neither was the following explanation of why I hope MangaGamer does well.) I don't think you're hallucinating, nor do I think your goal is a lost cause. To be honest, though I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill, it's mostly that I feel bad for MangaGamer and don't want them to undergo as much trouble as you seem to want. They're a small company, and, yes, mostly release eroge. However, if they are successful on Steam, we could see more all-ages Visual Novels, which, as a fan of Visual Novels who really dislikes eroge, couldn't possibly be bad thing.

I'm just a bit cross we've gone back to discussion on the topic of the sprite when it was agreed to be a fruitless topic, even though other people's attempts to change the subject were ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
Has there been any release of a general script of Tokihogushi-hen or Kotohogushi-hen? I only recall brief summaries. Sorry for asking for this information again, I am pretty sure someone asked earlier.
Those are the two Matsuri-exclusive arcs, yeah? Well, I can't find anything about them other than the wiki pages, which both say they're similar to already existing arcs (even though they really don't sound it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrAVit View Post
So how many volumes and chapters did Kataribanashi-hen have in the Japanese version? Basically, how many are left untranslated?
At least seven volumes, pretty much barely translated, but the Yen Press might pick it up in the future.

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 2014-10-21 at 20:31.
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-21, 20:33   Link #1046
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Given time, I can spread my message. I'll spread it beyond MangaGamer's anti-censorship audience. The purpose of their project is to establish themselves on Steam and expand their audience. Didn't you see how shaken that commenter was at the mere threat of taking this issue to Steam? Where others see hopelessness, I see opportunity.
But seriously, dude, get a life, a hobby or something, this is getting a bit pathetic here.
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-21, 20:37   Link #1047
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Those are the two Matsuri-exclusive arcs, yeah? Well, I can't find anything about them other than the wiki pages, which both say they're similar to already existing arcs (even though they really don't sound it.)

At least seven volumes, pretty much barely translated, but the Yen Press might pick it up in the future.

No, those 2 arcs are from Kizuna. If we were talking about Matsuri's it wouldn't be a problem, I myself have the whole script of the game.

And wait, Yen press picking up Kataribanashi hen ? That would be pretty damn awesome. Do they have any plan for Hinamizawa Bus Stop ?
Old 2014-10-21, 20:43   Link #1048
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuraGuraMan View Post
And wait, Yen press picking up Kataribanashi hen ? That would be pretty damn awesome. Do they have any plan for Hinamizawa Bus Stop ?
They're releasing Saikoroshi-hen next month, and have said in the past they aren't opposed to releasing more of the side stories. Nothing definite, but I hope they do.
Old 2014-10-21, 21:14   Link #1049
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Wait, what? Manga side-arcs are getting translated? Sweet.
So far Saikoroshi is the only one I know for sure is coming, but if it sells well enough, judging from their stance on the franchise, it's very likely!
Old 2014-10-22, 00:13   Link #1050
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrAVit View Post
So how many volumes and chapters did Kataribanashi-hen have in the Japanese version? Basically, how many are left untranslated?
As I know...

Originally, they were fanfictions which were sent to publisher (Gangan Comic) and selected by R07 himself (or he was one of the jugdes).
From over 2000, they chose around 40 stories.
The selected stories were published in form of a light novel collection (3 volumes in paperback and online reading).

Among 40, they chose 23 and requested artists for making them into comic (7 volumes).
Again, they chose 8 stories for Drama CDs (3 disks). And only one of them was made into a mobile novel game (it's "Limit").

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)
WarriorKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 02:35   Link #1051
chaos_alfa

A new sprite of Oichi has been released.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Source: http://ask.fm/MangaGamerStaff/answer/118157156594

EDIT:

It seems Doddler is getting flooded with angry questions related to Satoko's towel sprite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doddler
It doesn't stop. I think I'm done answering questions publicly on the issue. Also that top one I'm sure is Aroduc...

Source: https://twitter.com/The_Doddler/stat...46528389210112

It would be regrettable if Doddler loses his enjoyment of working on Higurashi products. It he doesn't like working on it, the change of getting fun stuff like the ability to swap sprite sets could be lost. It is not sure that we are going to get it, but it is because of Doddler's ingenuity and willingness that we get stuff like that.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2014-10-22 at 07:13.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 05:28   Link #1052
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

The Ooishi sprite looks adorable. No complaints here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
It would be regrettable if Doddler loses his enjoyment of working on Higurashi products. It he doesn't like working on it, the change of getting fun stuff like the ability to swap sprite sets could be lost. It is not sure we are even going to get it, but it has been Doddler's ingenuity and willingness that we get stuff like that.
See, this is what I was afraid of. Doddler's done nothing but good for the Higurashi port, has nothing to do with the creation of the new sprites, and is being mercilessly spammed nonetheless.
Old 2014-10-22, 05:36   Link #1053
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Yeah, it was quite disheartening seeing that on his twitter. I hope for the best, but... seeing these comments make me worried if it'll get pushed back or something...

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 07:32   Link #1054
xPearse

Other than Oishi's church bell nose, it looks alright. I am glad the costume isn't glued to him like before though, that's a good sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuraGuraMan View Post
But seriously, dude, get a life, a hobby or something, this is getting a bit pathetic here.
Wouldn't you consider what he's doing an actual hobby, and some people do just have a passion for certain things. I think even you can understand that.
xPearse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 07:42   Link #1055
GrAVit

Haha, yeah, it does look like a church bell! But this is a step to the right direction, at least.
Old 2014-10-22, 07:42   Link #1056
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPearse View Post
Wouldn't you consider what he's doing an actual hobby, and some people do just have a passion for certain things. I think even you can understand that.

I can't really consider crying all around for a bit of skin on a sprite an hobby.

As for Oishi, his nose still completely destroy the whole thing. How is it possible to fuck it so much ?
Old 2014-10-22, 07:48   Link #1057
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPearse View Post
Other than Oishi's church bell nose, it looks alright. I am glad the costume isn't glued to him like before though, that's a good sign.

The problem is that it can come at the cost of other people. MangaGamer could become tired of listing to the fans if they feel like they are only getting harassed by them. This will make it more difficult to make them listen to fan requests about different aspects..

MangaGamer has already made a public statement about the towel sprite, any further aggressive requests about the issue would just be harassment.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2014-10-22 at 10:53.
Old 2014-10-22, 11:06   Link #1058
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

http://ask.fm/The_Doddler/answer/118888655857

More reason to support the hell out of this Higurashi release. I want Umineko X__X
Old 2014-10-22, 11:12   Link #1059
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
http://ask.fm/The_Doddler/answer/118888655857

More reason to support the hell out of this Higurashi release. I want Umineko X__X
I hope if they are going to release Umineko on Steam they will offer the option to use the original sprite with that version. The comfort of Steam with the original experience by Ryukishi07.

Everybody buy Higurashi we need Umineko on Steam

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2014-10-22 at 12:16.
Old 2014-10-22, 11:37   Link #1060
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Well, it would be nice to have an option with the old sprites, though I'm not going to use them. Even if I am a huge fan of Ryu's writing, I can't say the same about his art-style pre-Higanbana. Higanbana art was the best he did.