AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-09-21, 12:03   Link #1041
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Uh, no, he still doesn't do well against Technique-types. What have you been reading? You do realize that he also said that to Apophis? That his compatibility with Technique-types is the worst? Yes, true, Apophis and Saji can't be compared, but they're both Technique-types first and foremost and it's mainly because of that that Ise had a hard time against Apophis. Until he went into DxD G mode. So yeah, even the True Queen wasn't enough. Against a Technique-type (though Apophis was also Heavenly Dragon-level when he fought Ise).

Ise's only pure Technique-oriented ability is the Dividing Wyvern Fairies. He does use the Dragon Shot like Sirzechs uses his Power of Destruction orbs, but Dragon Shot is still mainly a Power-based move. And how long has it been since last used the Wyverns the way he did against Euclid (I think I just answered my own question)?

So Ise isn't actually that good against Technique-types. He can fight with a bit of Technique, but he's still mainly a Power-type, and he has to stay on his toes and stay on a lookout for what's coming next whenever he fights someone like that. Do you not remember his fights against Cao Cao? Even with the True Queen, he still needed to use the gimmick in the Switch Princess doll plus Samael's curse to beat him, and even that only worked because Cao Cao had Medusa's Eye.
Old 2017-09-21, 13:39   Link #1042
Lucidrago

Even the most powerful have weaknesses. Whether it's a certain fighting style, certain weapon, etc. Issei being a power-type naturally has a weakness against technique-types. Doesn't matter how many techniques he uses. At the end of the day, Issei is a power-type. His main forte is his overwhelminv power, not his technique and skill.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-21, 17:00   Link #1043
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Cao Cao is a Technique-type, but even he has an ability centered around destruction. There are times when you have to do that kind of thing. The people who are so powerful that they need to rely on Technique are on another scale altogether. Like Ophis and Great Red. And there's also Strada who is like that, though he isn't on the level of the other two I just mentioned at all.
Old 2017-09-21, 18:12   Link #1044
Tbolt

For me I would put Ophis more into the power category.
Old 2017-09-21, 20:29   Link #1045
Brawlre

You can still overcome technique types with power but your power has to be completely overwhelming sona said it herself that all of the gremory [might have butchered name] group were so powerful that they didn't need a deeply thought out plans also techniques are about how you do it not what you do a strategist on the other hand is all about what you do

In short every on is a technique type it's just not every one is good at it
Brawlre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-22, 05:00   Link #1046
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Saying Vrita's the weakest Dragon King is like saying Kiba's the weakest member of the Gremory group. In terms of PURE POWER, Vritra is the weakest. But that doesn't make him weaker than the other Dragon Kings. His strength lies in his abilities and versatility which makes him a match for the other Dragon Kings.

And Issei's CCQ isn't HD-class in strength. It's basically Satan-class or a little higher. And I would put Saji at the level of an Ultimate-class devil. And how is a BB close to CCQ? Vali, Sairaorg, Dulio, Tobio, Cao Cao. That's how. But then again they're Longinus possessors like Issei and that's an unfair comparison. But still Saji's BB is very strong. Yes CCQ is stronger than Saji's BB. But just because someone's stronger than someone doesn't mean they will win every single time. Might win 8 out of 10 times. And plus Issei isn't invincible.He has a natural weakness against technique-types. And if there are technique-types who could defeat Issei, it's Saji and Kiba. Issei is stronger than them but is that really an excuse to let your guard down?

You act like Issei is HD-level. He's not. When he's in DxD he is but that's only for a couple of minutes. And you shouldn't use absolutes like always. Because they're rarely true.
There's no way anyone would consider Kiba the weakest in the Gremory group cause that is undoubtedly Asia without her familiars.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-22, 06:04   Link #1047
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That's what he's saying. It's basically Schrodinger's Gun (if I'm using the right analogy); he's saying that if you're going to call Saji weak because he isn't as strong as Ise in terms of pure power, you might as well call Kiba the weakest in the Gremory group.

@Brawlre: In terms of Rating Games, not everyone is a Technique-type. Ise is a Power + Support-type with a bit of Technique, for example. But you can't call him a Technique because he's even said that Technique-types are the worst kinds of opponents for them. His compatibility with them is the worst.
Old 2017-09-22, 07:27   Link #1048
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Yuuto was said to be the second strongest of the Gremory group, by Issei himself I believe.
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-22, 08:13   Link #1049
Lucidrago

Well in Volume 7 Kiba said that him and Issei were the strongest members of the Gremory group and had even surpassed Rias and Akeno. Mostly because of their Sacred Gears and the OP phenomenon known as Balance Breaker. Everyone who achieves Balance Breaker gets a major boost in strength.

Volume 7 Ranking:

1. Issei

2. Kiba

3. Rias/Akeno

4. Rossweisse

5.Xenovia/Irina

6. Koneko

7. Gasper

And Asia's a non-combatant so she doesn't count.
Old 2017-09-22, 08:45   Link #1050
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Well now the ranking would be:

1. Issei

2. Yuuto/Gasper

3. Rias/Akeno

4. Xenovia

5. Irina

6. Koneko/Rossweisse

Yuuto constantly trains with Issei so he adapts to Issei; not to mention how he can handle higher tier enemies like Issei and Gasper has a slither of a god's power inside him easily making him on par with Yuuto. Rias and Akeno's demonic power puts them above the others for pure power, but I really doubt they could survive an onslaught from Gasper Balor and Yuuto. Xenovia got her own Issei version armour which puts her above Irina. Koneko has gotten a power up whereas Rossweisse is the only one who has not gotten a single powerup yet [maybe she will in Volume 24 aka her own version of Isse's armour] but her magic power makes up for it.
Old 2017-09-22, 08:56   Link #1051
Krudelu
???

^I remember doing something like this back in the feat thread months ago though mine is ver. volume 21

Btw, I believe this is up to volume 23, right?
Krudelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-22, 08:59   Link #1052
Lucidrago

I wouldn't put Gasper that high just yet. He's strong but he still needs to come into his power. I would never put Rossweisse below Xenovia and Irina. Even if Rossweisse never got a power-up her power is top-notch. Xenovia and Irina are basically tied. And Xenovia getting her own armor doesn't make her stronger than Irina because that's Issei's power not hers. Gasper and Koneko to me still need to come into their power more in my opinion.
Old 2017-09-22, 10:58   Link #1053
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^Yeah, I agree. Not to mention that Bennia Lover seems to be forgetting that Irina also got her own Scale Mail armor from Ise as well. Same match that Rossweisse got it in.
Old 2017-09-22, 11:36   Link #1054
Lucidrago

Well whether they got Scalemail or not is irrelevant to me since they only Issei can give it to them. I'm talking about how strong they are by THEIR powers and abilities.

1. Issei

2.Kiba

3. Gasper(or either tied with Rias and Akeno)

4. Rias/Akeno

5. Rossweisse

6. Xenovia/Irina

7. Koneko
Old 2017-09-22, 11:56   Link #1055
Gaizafaiz

Irina has her own scale mail from Issei too? I've never read about this.
Gaizafaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-22, 12:05   Link #1056
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Neither Rossweisse or Irina have their own Issei scale mails yet! Xenovia got hers in Volume 23 but it was never said Irina did.
Old 2017-09-23, 06:26   Link #1057
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I read it in spoilers. Didn't it say that Ise accidentally used Dress Break on Rossweisse and Irina and broke the Scale Mail armor he'd given each of them? Irina was fine with it but Rossweisse got mad. Remember? It was in the match against Sona's team, so it should be Volume 23.5.
Old 2017-09-23, 09:52   Link #1058
Gaizafaiz

Read the spoiler again. You read it wrong.
Gaizafaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-23, 11:18   Link #1059
Lucidrago

Just said that Issei had stripped them. And Rossweisse was mad that he tore apart her team uniform. Because you know......100-yen Valkyrie...............
Old 2017-09-23, 17:16   Link #1060
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Look at the illustration and at our discussion about it. [You can clearly see that the armor that's being destroyed in the illustration is the same type as Ise's Boosted Gear Scale Mail.]