AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2015-01-22, 20:47   Link #1041
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Akagi might go. I somehow don't think they would take out all four carriers even if they pull Midway. Though I suspect Yamato and Zuikaku to be replacements after that happens. If Kaga is still around, I suspect her to be difficult towards Zuikaku, while I would be amused if it is Fubuki that takes the elegant looking Yamato under her wing.
Old 2015-01-22, 20:50   Link #1042
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Akagi might go. I somehow don't think they would take out all four carriers even if they pull Midway. Though I suspect Yamato and Zuikaku to be replacements after that happens. If Kaga is still around, I suspect her to be difficult towards Zuikaku, while I would be amused if it is Fubuki that takes the elegant looking Yamato under her wing.
If the wholoe 1st Div sinks fans will be like "WTF Hell, no, why?!"
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 21:12   Link #1043
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Fubuki: Nooo!!! Akagi-senpai, don't go!!! TwT

Guess Yamato will take her place then.

Anyway, in all seriousness, the IJN ship's life is to die. It is the admiral's job take them to places where they CAN die. They have no problems spending manpower, but they don't waste assets.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 21:22   Link #1044
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
ゴゴゴゴゴ
Spoiler:

I know some people here absolutely loooooove that theory. So much that it became their headcanon.
Old 2015-01-22, 21:25   Link #1045
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
ゴゴゴゴゴ
Spoiler:

I know some people here absolutely loooooove that theory. So much that it became their headcanon.
Who's that???
Old 2015-01-22, 21:29   Link #1046
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Who's that???
Spoiler:
Old 2015-01-22, 21:45   Link #1047
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
If the wholoe 1st Div sinks fans will be like "WTF Hell, no, why?!"
If Kaga were to sink, we would need to prepare to see a massive riot 10 times larger than when Kisaragi sunk...
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 21:51   Link #1048
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
If Kaga were to sink, we would need to prepare to see a massive riot 10 times larger than when Kisaragi sunk...
Only 10?

And Kaga's not even the worse case scenario At least in my opinion.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 22:03   Link #1049
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Spoiler for Heee:
Old 2015-01-22, 22:21   Link #1050
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm very impressed with how they handled Episode 3.

They managed to quite effectively continue on with Fubuki's personal story and narrative, having a nicely triumphant moment for her and her closest allies, while still having a notable character death that I felt was timed simply perfectly.

In many ways, they managed to get the best of both worlds - Fubuki's character arc continues on with the sense of growth and success that it probably should have, while nonetheless a character death happens to show early on the seriousness and very real possible cost of this warfare. Neither mars the other, as Fubuki and her Torpedo Squadron won't find out about Kisaragi being sunk until next episode.

It also helps that Akagi's words to Fubuki made it clear beforehand that yes, you can get sunk out there and die. This is moreso for the benefit of the viewers than it is for Fubuki - Once Akagi gave her advice and pep talk to Fubuki, I knew that named character death was a very real possibility and that I should be on the lookout for it and prepared for it. This also had the nice side-effect of making Fubuki's rescue of Mutsuki be that much more awesome and dramatic to me, since I honestly thought that Mutsuki could go down there just before Fubuki made her last-second desperation save.

On the whole, the Kancolle anime continues to be very engaging and well-paced, with a decidedly likeable cast, and plenty of wonderful moments of charming SoL and poignant drama. Now I'm interested in seeing if this superb storytelling will hold up once an element of real loss and tragedy hits home for the core cast in Episode 4.
Old 2015-01-22, 22:24   Link #1051
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
If she needs someone to take her under her wing in the first place - she might as well transfer from another district.

Though it would be fun to find out whether they actually resent the ships that sunk them, or were part of the fleet that did.

(i.E kongou -- Sealion; Or Enterprise -- Shokaku; and so on)

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 22:36   Link #1052
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This episode does make things interesting going forward. Possible that no one else dies and this is a one-off death, but the effect of even this one death is pretty serious for the cast.

Even with the mission brought up last week I didn't think much about it. A good chance for Fubuki to get back out there, some bonding, blow up enemies, etc. Seemed like a good time for all. Didn't expect there to be serious repercussions from it. Good job by the show making things a lot more real. Not a character I cared about at this point, but still a good wakeup call.

This mission just went bad at every turn. In a sense they were lucky to just lose one person, but even losing one person is stil la cost.
Old 2015-01-22, 22:48   Link #1053
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Only 10?

And Kaga's not even the worse case scenario At least in my opinion.
Candidates where fans may make a hyper riot against the anime staff if sunk in the anime to the point it is going to be very absurd:

- Kongou
- Haruna
- Kaga
- Akagi
- Shimakaze
- Inazuma, Ikazuchi, Akatsuki, Hibiki
- Atago
- Shoukaku
- Kitakami
- Yamato

I know everyone feels bad about Kisaragi, but I would say she was in the minority in a way. If one of the characters stated above sinks in the anime, we would see some fire.

Last edited by Death Usagi; 2015-01-22 at 22:59.
Old 2015-01-22, 22:56   Link #1054
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Candidates where fans may make a hyper riot against the anime staff if sunk in the anime to the point it is going to be very absurd:

- Kongou
- Haruna
- Kaga
- Akagi
- Shimakaze
- Atago
- Shoukaku
- Kitakami

I know everyone feels bad about Kisaragi, but I would say she was in the minority in a way. If one of the characters stated above sinks in the anime, we would see some fire.
Which is probably why KIsaragi was the one who got sunk. You do not take out the big names. Also, I was talking about the Akatsukis. You do not mess with the cute lolis.
Old 2015-01-22, 22:57   Link #1055
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:

- Kongou
- Haruna
- Kaga
- Akagi
- Shimakaze
- Atago
- Shoukaku
- Kitakami

What about Yamato?? O.O
Old 2015-01-22, 22:59   Link #1056
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
What about Yamato?? O.O
Oh shit... I forgot my bad. I knew I was forgetting something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Which is probably why KIsaragi was the one who got sunk. You do not take out the big names. Also, I was talking about the Akatsukis. You do not mess with the cute lolis.
If we think about that "big operation" Nagato was talking about, we might see some big names go bye bye.... Just speculations though...

But yeah results aren't going to be that great that's for sure...

And no, Akatsuki-class lolis may go bye bye excluding Hibiki. An example would be Akatsuki doing the same kind of stuff she did back in World War.
Old 2015-01-22, 23:00   Link #1057
Requiem-x
The slacking one

I don't think she's as popular as any of the girls in that list, actually. Maybe Shoukaku.
Old 2015-01-22, 23:06   Link #1058
novalysis

Will the adapters have the guts to kill off the big names? Will it make the Kantai Collection anime a commercial failure, or would it spark alot of attention on Kantai Collection, for it's guts to deploy a large moe cast herd, put them in a war, and have exactly what you expect within an actual war when no plot armor exist: many, many deaths.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 23:09   Link #1059
Death Usagi
Banned

Doing the unexpected may get more attention but it may not work.
Old 2015-01-22, 23:10   Link #1060
Seihai
スマイリウム

No love for my lovely Tone? Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Will the adapters have the guts to kill off the big names? Will it make the Kantai Collection anime a commercial failure, or would it spark alot of attention on Kantai Collection, for it's guts to deploy a large moe cast herd, put them in a war, and have exactly what you expect within an actual war when no plot armor exist: many, many deaths.
If anything it'd be a success because people's awareness of the franchise will rise. I already got a friend to start playing partly due to the fact that it has an anime and he's totally hooked up. It's been less than a week and he's lv 40, that's quite a feat.

Tags
adaptation, drama, fleet girls, slice of life, tragedy