AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-17, 01:31   Link #1021
Alchemist007
*Author

Was it running that bad before? I have a 670 and its got no problems with everything including AA at 1920x1200 (though I think I only ever use 2x).
Old 2013-09-17, 02:14   Link #1022
Pen3

It stutters a bit during large Fate under 4xSGSSAA@1080P, but now i can play with 8x and 0x004012A1.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 08:07   Link #1023
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I will never get pass level 33 if I keep getting trashy teams at Brayflox.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 10:49   Link #1024
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I can't believe that just happened. Finally did the Chimera dungeon, failed a couple times at the final boss then the tank has to leave with 12 minutes left.

We decide to wait 3 minutes for a new tank, doesn't come, we try our luck. Me (bard), healer, and dragoon. We get it down to 30% health before both the healer and dragoon die. I single handedly take this thing down to less than 3% health, so damn close and then time runs out. If we didn't stand around doing nothing for 3 minutes, I could've been a god. You don't need a tank for the actual Chimera boss, just someone who can gain aggro and attack from a distance on the move. Bard is the anti-Chimera.
No, but you need a bard. Which is what we don't have. ><

We have a zillion tanks, but no bards. So I'm leveling archer. >_>;

Also, dungeon timers are bullshit.
Old 2013-09-17, 11:52   Link #1025
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
No, but you need a bard. Which is what we don't have. ><

We have a zillion tanks, but no bards. So I'm leveling archer. >_>;

I am a bard. And my MP song is useless; because my team keeps running out of MP.

Why? They don't want to stand near me.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-09-17, 16:30   Link #1026
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I'm a black mage so I never run out of MP except on purpose.
Old 2013-09-17, 19:38   Link #1027
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I'm a black mage so I never run out of MP except on purpose.
IMO WHM have a serious MP issue - they keep running out of MP, song or no song.

Old 2013-09-17, 19:45   Link #1028
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I'm at lvl 26 CONJ, so I'm about to start down the WHM path. I suspect you have to have a well-tuned outfit and excellent potions, but a lot depends on how well the tank is keeping you bored and whether the DPS is overpulling.

In other words, they may not be underpowered but do need the team to do their job. I've been throwing nearly every attribute point into maximizing MP and my healer is not going to be doing other combat classes other than what serves the group protection.

Even though it's a bit annoying without a shared storage, I'm going to use a few alts that may take on all the other classes.
Old 2013-09-17, 22:34   Link #1029
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

That usually the way in most MMOs concerning groups. I had actually been favoring Mind over Piety somewhat before I heard about WHM mana issues, I'm a little more balanced now but still I prefer the higher Mind atm - can always change it later.

I'm curious if it depends on play style, I have been sort of playing like (IIRC) a Cleric from EQ, timed big bomb heals for max throughput and nice pause between heals for a little extra regen - ya know, the more you heal, the less you have to heal. It's worked out well for me so far, but I'm still pretty low level, so I'm sure it wont be the same later.
Old 2013-09-17, 22:47   Link #1030
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm at lvl 26 CONJ, so I'm about to start down the WHM path. I suspect you have to have a well-tuned outfit and excellent potions, but a lot depends on how well the tank is keeping you bored and whether the DPS is overpulling.

In other words, they may not be underpowered but do need the team to do their job. I've been throwing nearly every attribute point into maximizing MP and my healer is not going to be doing other combat classes other than what serves the group protection.

Even though it's a bit annoying without a shared storage, I'm going to use a few alts that may take on all the other classes.
I would pick Scholar for healing actually. For Conj pumping a balanced MP and Piety then gimping for gear is the way to go, but that takes too much work.

Old 2013-09-17, 23:12   Link #1031
Pen3

I logged off for a hour to eat and shower and tried to log back in, but couldn't. So i checked my account and it now says "This service account is currently suspended." WTF???? I heard on the forums that it takes a week to get unbanned....

Last edited by Pen3; 2013-09-17 at 23:25.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 23:36   Link #1032
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
I can't believe that just happened. Finally did the Chimera dungeon, failed a couple times at the final boss then the tank has to leave with 12 minutes left...
This reminds me of a comment in a Massively.com article I read recently. Specifically:

Quote:
I would not miss the phasing out of the holy trinity. Having encounters succeed or fail on a single person's contributions leads to very frustrating gameplay. So tired of the "tank/healer died, it's a wipe" attitude. Or the elitism that those roles bring ("my way or the highway").
I do have to wonder just how set-in-stone the 'holy trinity' is in this game, and how capable players are of keeping themselves in good order without total dependence on a designated healer.

Quote:
More correctly, ones without good in-universe reasons qualify for the label. The Metroid games, for instance, are well-known for having completely justified ones... which makes me wonder if any MMOs actually have 'get outta Dodge' sequences of that sort.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 00:31   Link #1033
Alchemist007
*Author

Completed the dungeon a couple times now. The last time I tried though, the team I was with couldn't even beat the ant boss. I don't know if it's just paladins in general or just the ones I've come across, but they really can't seem to keep the aggro on themselves. Combine that with a healer with a penchant for death, no wonder we couldn't pass.

As for wiping goes, I go with the situation. If the boss has reasonably low health ( 15-20%) and we lose a healer or tank, we could still do it depending on the boss. If you lose your healer halfway through the battle, it's going to be a waste of time.
Old 2013-09-18, 01:13   Link #1034
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Completed the dungeon a couple times now. The last time I tried though, the team I was with couldn't even beat the ant boss. I don't know if it's just paladins in general or just the ones I've come across, but they really can't seem to keep the aggro on themselves. Combine that with a healer with a penchant for death, no wonder we couldn't pass.

As for wiping goes, I go with the situation. If the boss has reasonably low health ( 15-20%) and we lose a healer or tank, we could still do it depending on the boss. If you lose your healer halfway through the battle, it's going to be a waste of time.
At the risk of some crossfire, I've found that the word "paladin" or classic tank roles seem to attract people who like the apparent power but don't understand the role (which is not necessarily to do the most damage).

My main is a healer and last night I spent a fair amount of time running around screaming like a little girl because the tank kept bringing the fight over to me and then losing aggro. I'd stun an irritant and he'd wake them right back up. yada yada. The poor DPS crew split time semi-tanking by running mobs back and forth trading aggro. We didn't wipe but we really should have - very messy.
Old 2013-09-18, 02:55   Link #1035
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
At the risk of some crossfire, I've found that the word "paladin" or classic tank roles seem to attract people who like the apparent power but don't understand the role (which is not necessarily to do the most damage).

My main is a healer and last night I spent a fair amount of time running around screaming like a little girl because the tank kept bringing the fight over to me and then losing aggro. I'd stun an irritant and he'd wake them right back up. yada yada. The poor DPS crew split time semi-tanking by running mobs back and forth trading aggro. We didn't wipe but we really should have - very messy.
Don't they have a skill called Flash?

Old 2013-09-18, 03:40   Link #1036
Mr Hat and Clogs

Yeah, doesn't even really have a cooldown I think either.
Old 2013-09-18, 08:06   Link #1037
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Yeah, doesn't even really have a cooldown I think either.
It does. 2.5s standard, as with all normal skills.

I tried playing Arcanist today in hopes of getting a Scholar, and I realise that I could summon pets but not rename them.

Why the heck am I able to summon something cute, trusty, and looks exactly like this,

but not able to rename it?

Old 2013-09-18, 08:22   Link #1038
Mr Hat and Clogs

It's not in the contract.

Oh yeah, Saintess, you're on Brynhild yeah? Cause that picture you linked had someone from the FC I am in it.

Speaking of, it seems like there are 3-5 FCs on the whole server.. hah.
Old 2013-09-18, 08:23   Link #1039
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
It's not in the contract.

Oh yeah, Saintess, you're on Brynhild yeah? Cause that picture you linked had someone from the FC I am in it.

Speaking of, it seems like there are 3-5 FCs on the whole server.. hah.
No I am on Masamune. I am thinking of switching servers after the function comes out.

P.S : I am glad I named my character Sayaka.

Old 2013-09-18, 08:51   Link #1040
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
WHM does need better MP management, but it really isn't that bad, esp if you have MP song.

Quote:
but a lot depends on how well the tank is keeping you bored and whether the DPS is overpulling.
Yup, there's only so much one can do to carry the rest of the party, and this goes for every job.

Quote:
I've been throwing nearly every attribute point into maximizing MP and my healer is not going to be doing other combat classes other than what serves the group protection.
Oof, I wouldn't do that, the main stats are of paramount importance in ARR - by putting your points into piety instead of mind, you may gain some MP, but now your cures are curing less, which means you have to cure more often, negating the benefit of the extra MP, while penalized by extra cast times and hate management issues.

Quote:
Oh? Any particular reason? This game doesn't really reward leveling alts, and your main jobs can also benefit from access to shared abilities, something an alt can't do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
I logged off for a hour to eat and shower and tried to log back in, but couldn't. So i checked my account and it now says "This service account is currently suspended." WTF???? I heard on the forums that it takes a week to get unbanned....
Did you get banned, or did you simply ran out of.your free time? 1.0 player's free time ended yesterday.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmorpg