AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2016-05-05, 01:26   Link #1021
korinojo

Could anyone tell me how to reach Narukana route? Many thanks.
I'm near the end of Satsuki route now.
korinojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-05, 01:42   Link #1022
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Sent the English walkthrough to 5 people. If I missed anyone, contact me and I'll send it to you.
Old 2016-05-05, 06:14   Link #1023
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Regnum771 View Post
I guess I should say I'm disappointed with the translation in many places. I expected that, but it still bugs me a lot. Changing Dawn to Aurora and localizing Murakumo and Yuu-kun/Yuukyuu irks me like crazy. 理想幹 to Sephirot makes no sense and doesn't fit into the tree motif for me. Thalia and Sor's tsundere interactions are more crass and vulgar than they ought to be. A lot of dialogues are a bit too liberal, lacking the finer subtlety of eastern writing to reflect character personalities. I could go on. ^

I think a number of things need correcting if a wiki were to be made.
Reimei is now Aurora?

Does this include Nozomu's little loli too?
Old 2016-05-05, 06:23   Link #1024
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

ok, why the fuck do they even changes names.
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-05, 06:55   Link #1025
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

The spirit name is still Reimei but they changed the blade name to Aurora I'm still not used to them calling Narukana sword Heavenly cloud or something and other blade names for that matter.
edit+
Quote:
Could anyone tell me how to reach Narukana route? Many thanks.
2nd or more playthrough and pick take her hand choice when it appears.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-05, 07:42   Link #1026
Phantomlurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Sent the English walkthrough to 5 people. If I missed anyone, contact me and I'll send it to you.
I'll ask for one too. Trying hard to have no units killed and still getting only rank B and occasionally A is becoming frustrating. And I don't think the second playthrough will be much better regarding that.
Phantomlurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-05, 07:44   Link #1027
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Talking about the translation though makes me wonder about what they are going to do in the Aselia remake. They've listed Japanese, English, and Chinese on their website, so I wonder if they plan on doing an English translation right out the gate...and if so, who's going to do it?

I suspect they don't, and it'll just be Japanese at the start, but that begs the question as to why they put a language-switch on the website...
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-05, 08:29   Link #1028
Belgaesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I did find an English version of a translation of a walkthrough a long time ago. I can send it by PM. It is way too big to post here.
Could you send it for me?

Thanks!
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-05, 09:12   Link #1029
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
Talking about the translation though makes me wonder about what they are going to do in the Aselia remake. They've listed Japanese, English, and Chinese on their website, so I wonder if they plan on doing an English translation right out the gate...and if so, who's going to do it?

I suspect they don't, and it'll just be Japanese at the start, but that begs the question as to why they put a language-switch on the website...
Maybe because Takase knows he has plenty of overseas fans....

I mean, he's really active in conventions outside of Japan lately.

At any rate, that remake better have new stuff...
Old 2016-05-05, 09:20   Link #1030
korinojo

I made a pastebin from Last Sinner's messages.
http://pastebin.com/dqfVCjYC

Finally finished my 1st playthrough and Yaga is such a b*tch , at least 10 attempts to kill her and I learnt that using Zetsu as a defender in her battle is not a really good idea.

Overall nice gameplay, still many points irk me and many questions still remain, I will soon do my new game + and hope I will get my answers.

I also checked the extra and Satsuki has the most CGs, should I assume her route is the true end?
korinojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-05, 10:22   Link #1031
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The issues with a first time playthrough stem from the fact 2-1 and 2-3 are rather harsh missions to get SS rank on. Yet essential because getting Final Velocity on Katima after the very first mission is just absurd. Some of the missions around 4 and 5 can be testing. Once you get Narukana in Chapter 8, she really turns the tide in your favour. Whereas Shou.....oh dear....for someone being the only other White type character, you'd think he's have 'something' going for him. Nope.

I get my copy next weekend. Have to wait longer than some but not long now...Already busy all this weekend anyway so it's not much of an issue for me.
Old 2016-05-06, 03:44   Link #1032
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
ok, why the fuck do they even changes names.
Because there's no "rule" or guideline for translators stating that you cannot/shall not do it; at least I don't know about any, or not enough customers ripped them apart for doing it (or don't notice the changes without knowing the original source through forums or first-hand experience). And in some RPG localisation or early/-ier anime dubs (Satoshi to Ash, Yamato to Matt in Digimon, I think that pracise seems to be more common, at least or if only for some companies, than let's say in technical translation or stuff like translating a newspaper article.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-06, 05:23   Link #1033
Dragon_Slayer_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
6 routes
Thanks.

One more thing.........when do you get the indication of getting locked into a route? Chapter 7 or later?
Dragon_Slayer_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-06, 06:00   Link #1034
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

In chapter 9 after you rescued Satsuki the route will be locked. Chapter 8 has quite a lot of mobs with hearts, so I guess you can shift it on the last minute.

Last edited by PhoenixG; 2016-05-06 at 09:55. Reason: Correction
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-06, 06:25   Link #1035
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Route specific stuff happens in 10, 11 and 12, depending on the choices you made. Doing their route mission unlocks some very powerful stuff.

If you're planning to move on to harder modes, it may sound tedious but it is worth doing all 6 routes, because when you get moves for all 3 positions on 6 characters, it makes a big difference.

Also remember that when you do Normal mode again, the core characters will retain all their levels and moves. So things will be a lot better the next time.
Old 2016-05-06, 08:52   Link #1036
Phantomlurker

I was wondering, and before rereading the whole thread like before I made an account while looking for clues about when the game would be released (good times, not), what will be Euphoria's role in the big picture? From what I know the whole "remake the primordial Eternity Sword" thing of the law eternals seems to be more Temuorin's doing than their own rank 1 wish, and then there are the two other groups with a different mana system and I am pretty super Euphy will take a big role what with being the only natural born eternal.
Phantomlurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-06, 10:11   Link #1037
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

More like as the holder of one of the three pillars of existence rather than a natural born Eternal lol
Old 2016-05-06, 19:21   Link #1038
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
While I agree with basically...everything you said, I don't think it's fair to criticize the translation for the subtle character nuances not coming across in English. As a translator myself, its virtually impossible to get across all the nuances that Japanese is capable of expressing in English without making them wildly overexaggerated (and thus, wildly out of character).
True, but I know several translators who would have done a better job. Eastern writing tend to be subtle, descriptive, and use implications in a roundabout or rhetorical fashion, especially when for comedy, in particular rivalry between girls. Most of the dialogue in Seinarukana is liberal, direct, oversimplified, and quite far removed from the writer's diction, essentially Americanized. For a sense of what I'm getting at, compare the dialogue in chapter 10 when Nozomu asked Narukana to talk about his life as Jiruol and at the lighthearted comedy exchanges between Nozomu, Satsuki, Nozomu, Narukana, Zetsu, and Nanashi when they were at Nozomu's house in the same chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Reimei is now Aurora?

Does this include Nozomu's little loli too?
Yeah, and translator made up a reason to name her to Reime instead (>_>). Well, at least Nanashi is still Nanashi and Gyouten is still Daybreak for Zetsu.

Another thing that irks me is Yaga's Yurushi being translated to Absolution and Joukai to Apostasy. The added Catholicism/Christianity feels wrong.
Zetsuen_no_Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 03:20   Link #1039
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Regnum771 View Post
True, but I know several translators who would have done a better job. Eastern writing tend to be subtle, descriptive, and use implications in a roundabout or rhetorical fashion, especially when for comedy, in particular rivalry between girls. Most of the dialogue in Seinarukana is liberal, direct, oversimplified, and quite far removed from the writer's diction, essentially Americanized. For a sense of what I'm getting at, compare the dialogue in chapter 10 when Nozomu asked Narukana to talk about his life as Jiruol and at the lighthearted comedy exchanges between Nozomu, Satsuki, Nozomu, Narukana, Zetsu, and Nanashi when they were at Nozomu's house in the same chapter.

Yeah, and translator made up a reason to name her to Reime instead (>_>). Well, at least Nanashi is still Nanashi and Gyouten is still Daybreak for Zetsu.

Another thing that irks me is Yaga's Yurushi being translated to Absolution and Joukai to Apostasy. The added Catholicism/Christianity feels wrong.
It feels like your issue is more within the realm of translation vs. localization - esentially two different approachs. With the latter being the case for this VN based on the comments here. Not saying that I disagree with you, but most of the time the issue at hand isn't as black and white as one might think/believe.

It's too bad that Jast hasn't some kind of translation blog where they comment on some decisions or design pilosophies, like a scanalation team for Bleach has done a few times.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 07:45   Link #1040
devilo96

1.guys any tips for the final battle with yaga and what lv u guys recomended for the final battle?
2.and please tell me what happend to satsuki in her route cuz i really hate if she really disappear
if she really disappear i will try another route (almost at the end of satsuki route got scare if the ending is so bad)

sorry bad english
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battle action, ero-game, eroge, fantasy, rpg, visual novel