AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Master Clan Conference Arc (Volume 17-19) Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 27.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-08-12, 01:25   Link #1021
Kokus

there is one thing i still don't get they have 28 clans but only need 10 to keep the balance so why don't they just fuse 2 with similare atributes ? some of the clans or better at least 3-4 are from the same lap anyway ... ( btw the clan's that lost there nummber are a option to )
not to mention the whole time they think only about making there clan stronger and others weaker
there is no benefit to the country like that they should rather try to evolve all clan's and stop the BS
Kokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 01:26   Link #1022
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
I think this entire volume is almost wasted, the author could've done much more with this than just discuss the engagement of Tatsuya and Miyuki, you can do a lot with 300 pages.

Now about the clans wanting to cancel the engagement. If I wasn't someone who thinks Miyuki is the worst character ever made and I want her to cease to exist, which is why I'm welcoming their interference in this engagement, I would think that what they are doing not only doesn't make sense but is also unfair.
Just because your own clans are bad and can't produce uber level talent doesn't make it the responsibility of the Yotsuba to give you their own, this is not a charity.
Then you have Gouki saying to Masaki that Tatsuya is his equal and he should show his might in their next endeavor, first of all it's funny that he actually thinks Masaki is on the same level as Tatsuya, but if you follow that logic then why are you willing to give Masaki away to the Yotsuba, if Tatsuya and Masaki ARE equals then at the end of the day the Yotsuba will end up with someone just as good as Tatsuya and the balance was not maintained, not to mention that the Ichijou clan will be weakened by having lost their strongest heir, the only party gaining anything would be the Saegusa which will have Tatsuya and in that case what you create is a system where 2 clans are stronger than the rest, not one with 10 clans balancing each other.
Also the main argument that they used is the lose of a great generation if there is inbreeding, if you're using that as your main argument then you still lose at the end because Maya can just go "ok, let's just marry them to someone else WITHIN the Yotsuba or get someone powerful into the family from the outside".
More importantly, what the clans still don't realize is that what matters isn't where Tatsuya and Miyuki are, but simply Tatsuya's position, because it determines who has the influence of nuking the entire planet.

I also like how the author just won't let Lina go to japan which i love since I also dislike her, but he really has no actual justification for that, he already set a completely irrational precedence last time when he sent her to japan even though she's a S-Class magician that should be protected and made sure to never fall into the hands of the enemy, so any argument like it's too danger cannot be made this time either.

Anyway, romance was always a subplot of mahouka, giving it all of this importance this time around is disappointing because that's not what i read mahouka for, give me plot and no romance in this case is not plot.
I think, you misunderstood few details in the volume and characters' positions.
1. Gouki's reason for interference is the duty of magician to produce talented offspring, and he assumes, incestrous marriage may result in offspring with less talents, so current talents of Miyuki and Tatsuya may get lost and fail to pass down to the next generation. Masaki falling in love with Miyuki is just another push for Gouki. That is why Gouki does not care about 'power balance' between TMC and is willing to send his only son to Yotsuba. Tatsuya staying in Yotsuba is not his concern unlike Koichi.

2. Even though Koichi assumes Tatsuya as S-class magician responsible for Scorched Halloween, Koichi does not care whether Tatsuya joins Saegusa or any other clans as long as Tatsuya is out of Yotsuba. It may be due to the lack of information on Tatsuya, but Koichi's primary objective is making Tatsuya to leave Yotsuba.

3. I don't remember Gouki saying Masaki is equal to Tatsuya in vol.17. Are you talking about the preview for vol.18? I don't think, when Gouki says Masaki being equal to Tatsuya, Gouki is saying his son's strength is equal to Tatsuya. From my understanding, Gouki is saying Masaki is at the equal ground as Tatsuya when it comes to Miyuki because Maya told Gouki that Masaki can pursue/approach Miyuki.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 01:51   Link #1023
Echizen777

Did they explain why Lina didn't go instead of Canopus?
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 01:58   Link #1024
TrueAlchemist

@Echizen777 so far I couldn't find out why she was ordered to stay in USNA.
According to jamjr, the author wrote at Afterwords, Lina will not come to Japan for sometime.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 02:00   Link #1025
dirtylurker

Was Maya staying at the Yotsuba's Tokyo house with the Shiba siblings for the conference? In the summary Tatsuya and Maya speak but it's not clear if it is a direct conversation or over the phone.
dirtylurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 02:03   Link #1026
maypayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtylurker View Post
Was Maya staying at the Yotsuba's Tokyo house with the Shiba siblings for the conference? In the summary Tatsuya and Maya speak but it's not clear if it is a direct conversation or over the phone.
It's over the phone(video call).
maypayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 02:17   Link #1027
luffyxnami

If miyuki find out maya give the ok for masaki to pursue her, I wish she would just rape tatsuya afterward then later announce "hey, I'm pregnant" to get everyone off her back. I am surprise she didn't do it yet, like seriously her dream is about to come true and right now she can legitimately rape tatsuya without any repercussion, well as long as it's not in school. Her not taking action now might bite her later. It will also get her greater rival mayumi out of the game.
luffyxnami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 02:59   Link #1028
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffyxnami View Post
If miyuki find out maya give the ok for masaki to pursue her, I wish she would just rape tatsuya afterward then later announce "hey, I'm pregnant" to get everyone off her back. I am surprise she didn't do it yet, like seriously her dream is about to come true and right now she can legitimately rape tatsuya without any repercussion, well as long as it's not in school. Her not taking action now might bite her later. It will also get her greater rival mayumi out of the game.
She is unable to do so and Tatsuya still doesn't love her, he is trying to, as she said, she wants Tatsuya to see her differently. Their relationship didn't really change, the true change is with Miyuki, she doesn't have to hide her feelings now. Since Maya revealed it in front of the heads it means she didn't hide it.
Old 2015-08-12, 03:10   Link #1029
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
She is unable to do so and Tatsuya still doesn't love her, he is trying to, as she said, she wants Tatsuya to see her differently. Their relationship didn't really change, the true change is with Miyuki, she doesn't have to hide her feelings now. Since Maya revealed it in front of the heads it means she didn't hide it.
I don't know, by consummating their relationship I am pretty sure tatsuya would look at her differently, miyuki should know this. Also her wanting to be patient and wait for tatsuya was before the whole maya giving mayumi and masaki the ok. So with this new she shouldn't take any risk since mayumi is her greatest rival right now and who know what could happen in the future so her not taking this chance seem silly of her.
Old 2015-08-12, 03:24   Link #1030
expertsource

Quote:
Did they explain why Lina didn't go instead of Canopus?
it's mentioned in the spoilers that the reason for canopus to go to the japan is killing jide heigu instead of stopping the attacks. So, since lina is not appropriate for killing job, i think that's why they sent canopus instead of lina.
expertsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 03:27   Link #1031
Echizen777

Quote:
I don't know, by consummating their relationship I am pretty sure tatsuya would look at her differently, miyuki should know this. Also her wanting to be patient and wait for tatsuya was before the whole maya giving mayumi and masaki the ok. So with this new she shouldn't take any risk since mayumi is her greatest rival right now and who know what could happen in the future so her not taking this chance seem silly of her.
You are assuming that Tatsuya would be willing, he wouldn't since he sees her as his sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by expertsource View Post
it's mentioned in the spoilers that the reason for canopus to go to the japan is killing jide heigu instead of stopping the attacks. So, since lina is not appropriate for killing job, i think that's why they sent canopus instead of lina.
Makes sense even though she did kill before, Jiedo is more problematic, still odd that they decide not to use their best asset.
Old 2015-08-12, 03:35   Link #1032
luffyxnami

Quote:
You are assuming that Tatsuya would be willing, he wouldn't since he sees her as his sister.
But if she start crying, tatsuya will have to give in, he is weak against her tear.
Old 2015-08-12, 03:51   Link #1033
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
1. Gouki's reason for interference is the duty of magician to produce talented offspring, and he assumes, incestrous marriage may result in offspring with less talents, so current talents of Miyuki and Tatsuya may get lost and fail to pass down to the next generation. Masaki falling in love with Miyuki is just another push for Gouki. That is why Gouki does not care about 'power balance' between TMC and is willing to send his only son to Yotsuba. Tatsuya staying in Yotsuba is not his concern unlike Koichi.
Other way around, Gouki seemed to only care about Masaki be happy and that stuff about incestuous marriage meaning losing genes for the next generation is just the excuse he has to try and get Masaki into having a chance

On another note, some more stuff about the 10MC meeting:
Spoiler for 10MC meeting:
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 04:07   Link #1034
Casarial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Frog View Post
Spoiler for Missile:
So they probably used it for explosions at 10MC conference. No like we thought before to blame Tats for some nuclear explosion.
Casarial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 04:10   Link #1035
pampz21
ShipCore

Reading the spoiler: Tatsuya/Satroll is full of shit

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 04:30   Link #1036
amtro
Distro

Now we finally know the extent of Tatsuya's feelings of 'arousal'.

Spoiler for :
Old 2015-08-12, 04:42   Link #1037
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Now we finally know the extent of Tatsuya's feelings of 'arousal'.

Spoiler for :

Wait then doesn't that apply to like pretty much everyone, not many people get arousal to the point that it override their logic. Hmm kind of weird, before it said he can feel urges but not lust but it seem like it wasn't true, so if a girl stand in front of him naked he would get an erection but won't act on it right?
Old 2015-08-12, 04:57   Link #1038
amtro
Distro

No, it's not like that with everyone. Most people have to restrain themselves. With Tatsuya it's the opposite, instead of restraining himself it just never gets to that point.
Here's a relevant, albeit morbid bit of info. Men who have been hanged, or hanged themselves will often ejaculate in their pants, it is said that this is an instinctual reaction to impending death. Assumed to be a last ditch effort to spread their genes. This is the case with Tatsuya, the urge may not strong, but it is definitely there. He wishes to leave behind an heir, so this may not be something he will decline for Miyuki's sake, even if he does not get married to her at the end of the day. Celibacy is out of the question for him. Hopefully that settles that debate.
Old 2015-08-12, 05:10   Link #1039
Echizen777

Quote:
But if she start crying, tatsuya will have to give in, he is weak against her tear.
I don't think so but that's just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
No, it's not like that with everyone. Most people have to restrain themselves. With Tatsuya it's the opposite, instead of restraining himself it just never gets to that point.
Here's a relevant, albeit morbid bit of info. Men who have been hanged, or hanged themselves will often ejaculate in their pants, it is said that this is an instinctual reaction to impending death. Assumed to be a last ditch effort to spread their genes. This is the case with Tatsuya, the urge may not strong, but it is definitely there. He wishes to leave behind an heir, so this may not be something he will decline for Miyuki's sake, even if he does not get married to her at the end of the day. Celibacy is out of the question for him. Hopefully that settles that debate.
You don't have to be married to have an heir.
Old 2015-08-12, 05:29   Link #1040
amtro
Distro

Marriage is not required, Tatsuya has basic biological instincts of self preservation.

Tags
political intrigue