AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2020-05-01, 20:07   Link #1021
James Rye

Well, Osamu has been a Border agent for only 9 months and it has been only 3 months since he meet Yuuma. Considering that it is no wonder that his whole mind was focusing on Ninomiya though lol, to miss such a huge explosion behind, rofl, really speaks for his concentration levels though he need to raise his awareness level. XDDD
And now he is Captain of the B-2 team, lolololol. The new incoming C-ranks must have such a high opinion of him, I mean he is one of the few who actually managed to wound Ninomiya plus he got such strong teammates under him, so he must be "special" as well, right? :P

I really like who EVERYONE contributed something meaningful to this victory, even Usami got praised by Konami. Like Hyuse did the groundwork making everyone think he was the Ace in the sleeve, Chika saved Osamu from certain death and Osamu BTFO Ninomiya and Yuuma was just all around badass ace like always. <3
In retrospect I like that the commentators are not only and highly praising Osamu for his Hound surprise attack but show how everything came together like a good puzzle and even the Opponent tactical decision had to do with their victory.

Btw, is it just me or did Osamu really "grow up"? Like if you compare his looks from earlier volumes to now the difference is huuuuuuuuuuuge.

Spoiler for All not sweat Osamus from Vol.1-8:

Look at it! He's looking damn fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine now!

Spoiler for Look at the difference!:

I mean, I am not just imagined it, am I?
Old 2020-05-01, 23:17   Link #1022
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Part of it may also be the mangaka's style evolving over time which is pretty common so its difficult to tell.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-02, 02:54   Link #1023
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
I dunno about the skill lacking part, if anything she was lacking hard work to polish her skills and was easily frustrated when she had to do so. Just look how easily she made use of Osamu's wire trick just after watching Yuuma during one game where she was busy dodging, attacking, shooting, def'ing, listening to Hana, ordering her teammates around, etc. And unlike Yuuma she had not time to train the wire trick. I think she got the skill to be high rank. After all she is already Master Class in both Scorpion and Gunner and the latter she did in a couple months whereas Rou couldn't get there even after two years, that speaks Volume for her talent. Plus after that terrible lose vs a "rookie" team where she nearly wanted to quit Border, she didn't and now her team has 30 points and are fighting for the Top spots, so they mustn't have done too badly the past couple matches.
Maybe the next chapter is there to showcase her growth as an agent so that she does get considered for the away team.
Potential and skill aren't the same. While she does have skill, my point is that it doesn't make up for how high maintenance she is. The away team already has Chika and Hyuse, who'll both need watching. (If for different reasons.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-02, 15:27   Link #1024
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Part of it may also be the mangaka's style evolving over time which is pretty common so its difficult to tell.
Yeah, it might be just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Potential and skill aren't the same. While she does have skill, my point is that it doesn't make up for how high maintenance she is. The away team already has Chika and Hyuse, who'll both need watching. (If for different reasons.)
But Chika has proven with her latest match that she is more than just a giant trion battery. She can shot people, she can defend herself. I think Hyuse needs the most watching because I doubt he gonna sit tight once they are in Aftokrator when his Lord is about to become a sacrifice for the Mother Trigger. I really hope he doesn't get the crazy idea to rather kidnap and sacrifice Chika than his surrogate father once they arrive there.
Also worry how Border HQ will "deal" with Hyuse once they reached their destination.
I doubt Katori would dare speak up against Shinoda, but her personality could make the journey more difficult for other Agents compared to when she's not there.
Thing is I don't think Border will send all its top teams away on a mission which might fail, I could see them keeping Tachikawa at homebase for example saying that Shinoda can fill in that "strongest attacker" niche or they pick Konami so that Border HQ has still their strongest attacker ready while the Tamakoma one is gone for who knows how long (internal political stuff ya know xD). Thus I could see them picking more A-level B-rank Agents to still have some strong power for the mission while preventing the risk of losing all of their best agents in one go.

Also, good news! Despite its long hiatus and being a monthly Manga now, WT was voted into the Top50 Manga series by the Japanese fans in 43th position!
https://animenewsandfacts.com/top-50-manga-2020/
Old 2020-05-02, 15:40   Link #1025
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
But Chika has proven with her latest match that she is more than just a giant trion battery. She can shot people, she can defend herself.
Yes, but her combat ability isn't commensurate with how critical she is for the mission. They lose her, they're basically stranded.

Quote:
I think Hyuse needs the most watching because I doubt he gonna sit tight once they are in Aftokrator when his Lord is about to become a sacrifice for the Mother Trigger. I really hope he doesn't get the crazy idea to rather kidnap and sacrifice Chika than his surrogate father once they arrive there.
That is the best case scenario for him: that he goes home with Chika as a replacement goddess.

Quote:
Also worry how Border HQ will "deal" with Hyuse once they reached their destination.
It's going to be interesting to see how the "I know you know I know" is going to influence the timing for them to turn on each other...

Quote:
I doubt Katori would dare speak up against Shinoda, but her personality could make the journey more difficult for other Agents compared to when she's not there.
Thing is I don't think Border will send all its top teams away on a mission which might fail, I could see them keeping Tachikawa at homebase for example saying that Shinoda can fill in that "strongest attacker" niche or they pick Konami so that Border HQ has still their strongest attacker ready while the Tamakoma one is gone for who knows how long (internal political stuff ya know xD). Thus I could see them picking more A-level B-rank Agents to still have some strong power for the mission while preventing the risk of losing all of their best agents in one go.
Even so, I think they've got enough agents who are both strong and reliable that they don't need Katori. Really, for a mission like that, commitment and ability to work well with others are going to be at more of a premium than individual skill, unless the individual skill is really out there. Which isn't the case for her.
Old 2020-05-02, 15:41   Link #1026
dragon1412

Quote:
Yeah, it might be just that.

But Chika has proven with her latest match that she is more than just a giant trion battery. She can shot people, she can defend herself. I think Hyuse needs the most watching because I doubt he gonna sit tight once they are in Aftokrator when his Lord is about to become a sacrifice for the Mother Trigger. I really hope he doesn't get the crazy idea to rather kidnap and sacrifice Chika than his surrogate father once they arrive there.

Also, good news! Despite its long hiatus and being a monthly Manga now, WT was voted into the Top50 Manga series by the Japanese fans in 43th position!
https://animenewsandfacts.com/top-50-manga-2020/
There is no way Border will send all top agents go, since seat limit (remember, they have to have spare seats for the captive agents to return) and Border can't really afford to lower their defensive capability, especially with a recent invasion. I'd imagine that a certain numbers or team of A rank will have to stay. And if Kuga who definitely has a seat go, chance are there are no more black trigger to come with them, or if they come, only 1 will go, either amou or Fuujin, probably Amou since he need to worry less about destruction. If Shinoda go as leader, it either tamakoma-1 or Tachikawa team will go, only 1 of them since they need to stay to maintain defensive capability.

Chika is strong, but not A-level strong yet, she can take care of herself, but something on the scale of the invasion is something that put Chika role as battery more important than her fighting ability. The entire reason they gave Chika a seat is because they want more agents to be sure, so I think we should assumed that the numbers of Seats for going agents is not going to be that high.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-03, 18:07   Link #1027
James Rye

Quote:
Yes, but her combat ability isn't commensurate with how critical she is for the mission. They lose her, they're basically stranded.
Or they have to steal ships...

Quote:
That is the best case scenario for him: that he goes home with Chika as a replacement goddess.
Man, I really don't want him to think like this after Hyrein's betrayal and plan to use his master as sacrifice and ofc after that fistbump with Chika! D:
But I could see his soldier side thinking that to get Hyrein of his Lord's ass he needs a replacement to save his homeworld...

Quote:
It's going to be interesting to see how the "I know you know I know" is going to influence the timing for them to turn on each other...
Yeah, both sides know that this truce only holds till they reach Aftokrator which is why it was never brought up by Kido or Osamu during the negotiation for Hyuse to join Tamakoma-2. I could see Hyuse sabotaging the ship to prevent them from leaving so that he can basically tell Hyrein to go grab Chika with his whole army. And I could see Border spiking Hyuse's drink with drugs and bind him to his bed troubling Osamu, Yuuma and Chika for seeing their teammate treated like this.
It gonna be trouble that's for sure.

Quote:
Even so, I think they've got enough agents who are both strong and reliable that they don't need Katori. Really, for a mission like that, commitment and ability to work well with others are going to be at more of a premium than individual skill, unless the individual skill is really out there. Which isn't the case for her.
Maybe she did grow since the last time we saw her? Similar to Sawamori or Kou's Captain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
There is no way Border will send all top agents go, since seat limit (remember, they have to have spare seats for the captive agents to return) and Border can't really afford to lower their defensive capability, especially with a recent invasion. I'd imagine that a certain numbers or team of A rank will have to stay. And if Kuga who definitely has a seat go, chance are there are no more black trigger to come with them, or if they come, only 1 will go, either amou or Fuujin, probably Amou since he need to worry less about destruction. If Shinoda go as leader, it either tamakoma-1 or Tachikawa team will go, only 1 of them since they need to stay to maintain defensive capability.

Chika is strong, but not A-level strong yet, she can take care of herself, but something on the scale of the invasion is something that put Chika role as battery more important than her fighting ability. The entire reason they gave Chika a seat is because they want more agents to be sure, so I think we should assumed that the numbers of Seats for going agents is not going to be that high.
I think Border already copied the Suwasation trigger so that they can turn people into cubes for the travel. Else I can't imagine how they are supposed to carry 32 C-ranks when a normal ship without Chika already has only enough capacity for 3 A teams.

Yeah, Chika is like a BT for Border, one that basically is a walking trion battery you can use for other stuff than just battle like Fujin or Amou. In a way she is more useful than the other BTs.^^
Old 2020-05-03, 18:16   Link #1028
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Do you think we're going to see the whole remaining match? Here I thought the rank wars were finally over last month
Old 2020-05-03, 19:16   Link #1029
James Rye

The Top Tier rank war is over, this is the last match of the mid tier and depending on how many points those 30 points strong teams in this match get they might get even past the 33 points of Azuma and Ouji and such which would be quite a twist. Not as much as Tamakoma-2 going from zero to (2nd) hero, but still quite remarkable.
And since both started at the same time, I think the top tier one just finished quite early compared to the middle one which seems still to be mid-game into the match with all 3 captains still standing and such.
Old 2020-05-04, 03:04   Link #1030
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Or they have to steal ships...
They'd still need to fuel those ships.

Quote:
Yeah, both sides know that this truce only holds till they reach Aftokrator which is why it was never brought up by Kido or Osamu during the negotiation for Hyuse to join Tamakoma-2. I could see Hyuse sabotaging the ship to prevent them from leaving so that he can basically tell Hyrein to go grab Chika with his whole army. And I could see Border spiking Hyuse's drink with drugs and bind him to his bed troubling Osamu, Yuuma and Chika for seeing their teammate treated like this.
It gonna be trouble that's for sure.
But since they both know that, they'll have to pull the trigger earlier. But since they both know that...

Quote:
Maybe she did grow since the last time we saw her? Similar to Sawamori or Kou's Captain.
I wouldn't stake the rescue mission on a "maybe". Let her prove herself on defense missions for a while. It's not like it doesn't have to be done.
Old 2020-05-04, 20:13   Link #1031
James Rye

Quote:
They'd still need to fuel those ships.

But since they both know that, they'll have to pull the trigger earlier. But since they both know that...

I wouldn't stake the rescue mission on a "maybe". Let her prove herself on defense missions for a while. It's not like it doesn't have to be done.
Isn't that why they have to "hop" to Aftokrator though? To make refueling stops at other countries. Wonder how that looks like... like will they steal the trion or is there even some trading going on in the neighborhood meaning you got actual ports where you can land and pay for trion fuel?
Anyway, if they can hop there, they can hop back with two ships if necessary. But I also don't think that gonna happen. I mean Border got like only one landing bay for one ship which size gets increased, no way they could handle a 2nd ship.

Yeah, the arrival on Aftokrator gonna be messy for sure...

I got high hopes for Katori as her "redemption" theme runs with her and also much deeper than with Suwa and Nasu. Suwa himself had no real "problem" shown for his team to get better at (which says a lot for how good they are given their current rank), Nasu's problem runs more with her teammates not being able to keep up with her and the emotional struggle of their team losing a dear member soon, Katori on the other hand has personal problems and demons which she can overcome and fight to become a better agent and captain, like training more, trusting and listening to her teammates, not underestimating others and so on. She got a lot on her plate in other words if she can handle most of it then her growth spurt should outdo the ones of Suwa and Nasu by far.
Ofc since this is a team-based battle the team is also what counts and here I think Suwa team is best, followed by Nasu and then would come the meatshields for Katori.^^;
So I am not quite sure how this fight gonna play out though I would rather put my money on Katori coming out victorious than the other two teams.
Old 2020-05-05, 01:15   Link #1032
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Isn't that why they have to "hop" to Aftokrator though? To make refueling stops at other countries. Wonder how that looks like... like will they steal the trion or is there even some trading going on in the neighborhood meaning you got actual ports where you can land and pay for trion fuel?
That's why I said they need Chika. The Agents (in this case, mostly her) refuel the ship with their own trions. They can recharge anywhere, but they need people with high trion capacity. Without her, they won't have enough for a big ship.

At least, that's how I understood it.
Old 2020-05-05, 08:26   Link #1033
dragon1412

Quote:
Anyway, if they can hop there, they can hop back with two ships if necessary. But I also don't think that gonna happen. I mean Border got like only one landing bay for one ship which size gets increased, no way they could handle a 2nd ship.

Yeah, the arrival on Aftokrator gonna be messy for sure...
Or simply that when the operators starting to run out trion, the ship stop on a planet and wait in there for the trion of the operators to recovers and refill the fuel again ???? that's what i thought
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-05, 09:47   Link #1034
James Rye

Quote:
That's why I said they need Chika. The Agents (in this case, mostly her) refuel the ship with their own trions. They can recharge anywhere, but they need people with high trion capacity. Without her, they won't have enough for a big ship.

At least, that's how I understood it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Or simply that when the operators starting to run out trion, the ship stop on a planet and wait in there for the trion of the operators to recovers and refill the fuel again ???? that's what i thought
The way I understood it they build the ship to be trion-efficient to not have too many stops, meaning they could have build it bigger for more agents shipping but it would have increased the trion usage too much for it to be worth it. Chika basically is like an "extra tank" that allows them to bypass that cost else they probably would have no other way but like build a 2nd ship somehow, which obviously they can't (not enough manpower, trion and money).

Like those ships don't operate on trion from operators or agents alone, it does have a fuel tank which gets filled to the brim in Border HQ. After all if the agents used up their trion for fuel they wouldn't be able to fight for too long on arrival. So either there are ways for them to buy trion from other nations or they have to steal it which means the less they have to stop the better for them and their journey.

I think Ashihara might have answered a question or two regarding the ship in his Q&A, not sure. And if not I am pretty sure the fans in Japan will ask him that in the following volumes because we would want to know how often Border does such neighborhood trips, how they get their tech (that one was answered by either trading or stealing from defeated enemies), why Border didn't build a 2nd ship, how exactly a ship functions and so on.

Btw, I found someone who solo-makes a WT game, I am quite impressed how the whole Main and Sub trigger works, same for composition cubes and cube shooting movement. You can check the vids here, they are usually very short, less than a minute: https://twitter.com/sorasuu1
He also seems to have a youtube account but I haven't found it yet.
Old 2020-05-12, 22:01   Link #1035
James Rye

Lol, seems like Borderchan went wild with the latest Battle and the unexpected result:

Spoiler for Borderchan-Meme:

Like this so accurate to the comments when the chapter came online. XD
Old 2020-05-14, 17:24   Link #1036
James Rye

Those screenshots are getting my hopes up for the WT anime which I shouldn't do, it's Toei, I know that, but I want at least a "decent" anime for WT so badly.....

Spoiler for WT screenshot:

God, I want to believe so badly that the anime will be good this time! >.<
Old 2020-05-14, 18:13   Link #1037
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Production is probably going well since there are screenshots of the mall battle which should be pretty far in.
Old 2020-05-14, 18:37   Link #1038
James Rye

Given they plan to go all the way to the Yuba battle which is the final one for Tamakoma-2 they plan to cover all up to the current chapter. We basically get a "WT: The Tournament" anime.^^
Old 2020-05-15, 18:51   Link #1039
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Given they plan to go all the way to the Yuba battle which is the final one for Tamakoma-2 they plan to cover all up to the current chapter. We basically get a "WT: The Tournament" anime.^^
Not exactly, they have an invasion to deal with first
Old 2020-06-02, 15:12   Link #1040
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

A bit of a heads up: tomorrow's chapter will have rough drafts mixed in because Ashihara's health has sadly been failing him again. They say he's recovering so hopefully it's not too bad. I suppose this also means there will only be one chapter.

Tags
action, shounen stargate