Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-11-16, 07:51   Link #10041
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarka View Post
once she survive the first bite, she'll gain instant cast and can grind on her own after that.
I remember back then that Hajime only had 12 elixirs left when he left the 1st dungeon. How many have he used since?

Also do remember that eating demon meat is a very unimaginably painful process that dying is actually a sweet release from it. Added to the fact that no one is willing to lose their humanity as well as being mentally prepared for that.

From the past translated chapters, it seems they even plan to go for the rest of the dungeons themselves when they can after getting help in the current one. Seems very unlikely now though...
Old 2014-11-16, 08:08   Link #10042
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
I remember back then that Hajime only had 12 elixirs left when he left the 1st dungeon. How many have he used since?

Also do remember that eating demon meat is a very unimaginably painful process that dying is actually a sweet release from it. Added to the fact that no one is willing to lose their humanity as well as being mentally prepared for that.

From the past translated chapters, it seems they even plan to go for the rest of the dungeons themselves when they can after getting help in the current one. Seems very unlikely now though...
He used one on Meld, one on Kouki, one on Aiko-chan-sensei, that's all I can remember off the top of my head, leaving 9 or less.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 08:13   Link #10043
Trov
Holy cack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanomurakumo View Post
He used one on Meld, one on Kouki, one on Aiko-chan-sensei, that's all I can remember off the top of my head, leaving 9 or less.
One for Aiko, Shia(during Ul Town), Meld, I believe one for Kaori as well(saving classmates #1). Then there's one for himself(Freed sneak attack), then finally Kouki(Invasion), in that order.
6 used. maybe 7-9 depending on a few I missed.
Trov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 09:03   Link #10044
Aldheild
Definitely Not a Stalker

Didn't he also used one on Shia when she shielded Aiko in the town of Ul?
Aldheild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 09:22   Link #10045
travelingbum

yes they already put that in their lists.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 09:27   Link #10046
Aldheild
Definitely Not a Stalker

...Oh yeah, wasn't paying attention.
Aldheild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 10:00   Link #10047
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

To be honest, I'm somewhat miffed by this line by Kouki:

Quote:
"[It’s fine, Shizuku. As long as we can clear the great labyrinth then even we can become as strong as Nagumo. No, if you think about Nagumo’s non-fighting class, surely we’d be able to be stronger than him]"
Even now, this line gives me the impression that part of Kouki STILL looks down on Hajime and think that all his power just come from AoG magic. It might just be me though.

As for the group, the one that I think would get the magic is Shizuku. Not because of harem reason, mind you, but she's the only one that's actually being sensible by not putting everything on the AoG magic AND actually wanting to be strong on her own.

Personally though, I just expect Kouki and the Hero group to raise up to the level of holding against Freed. Anymore and I'm in rather disbelief.
Old 2014-11-16, 10:18   Link #10048
ComaLoL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post

Even now, this line gives me the impression that part of Kouki STILL looks down on Hajime and think that all his power just come from AoG magic. It might just be me though.
it is hardly an impression and there is hardly something to be mistaken about... unless the translator have totally missed the meaning of that statement (and it doesn't seem... especialy with the context and the previous action/tought of kouki) he clearly say that...

once we get AoG magic we will become stronger than hagime = Hagime strenght comes from AoG magic + base stat... and since our base stat are higher we will become stronger than him...

once again a Kouki style line... at least this time he didn't attack Hagime directly... but if I was him I would leave him to his own device after that line... only helping out after he got the trough beating that he deserve -_-'

well... he still got the full lenght of the dungeon to realize how wrong he is... but personaly I would like to see him completing the dungeon while stil being under this misconception... getting his hand on the strongest AoG magic we've seen so far... challenging Hajime to a fight (before Hajime get the chance to acquire the magic himself) only to get bitten in a matter of few seconds demostrating that AoG magic is just a tool and what really matter is the person behind it and how he use it... finally opening Kouki's eyes... or having him breakdown and turn to evil ^^'
ComaLoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 10:26   Link #10049
Zoks

That's because I don't think Hajime explained to them the whole eating demons and nearly dying from it is the actual reason for his insane stats, and the AoG magic is just AoG magic.
Zoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 10:33   Link #10050
ComaLoL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
That's because I don't think Hajime explained to them the whole eating demons and nearly dying from it is the actual reason for his insane stats, and the AoG magic is just AoG magic.
well it seem like he explained to them that he have acquired the ability to eat demon and get their stat (when he talk about those demon not being strong enough to get ability he say that he have already explained them about his "iron stomach" ability)... even if he didn't get into the details this sould already be enought to give them the hint that "AoG magic is not the only difference between them ^^'

also I doubt that noone has asked him about his prostetic arm and eye... or his incresed height and wait hair... those question would have surely prompt some additional info on how he survived Orcus (if nobody actualy asked direclty that question ^^')
Old 2014-11-16, 10:38   Link #10051
The_Codfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
He didn't. When he was considering whether or not to eat the bee, that was the first time he brought it up.
The_Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 10:49   Link #10052
ComaLoL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Codfish View Post
He didn't. When he was considering whether or not to eat the bee, that was the first time he brought it up.
Quote:
[Did I not say it before? .....If I eat a demon which is equal or higher than me, I can take in the

opponents inherent magic for myself. In the abyss, the only thing there was to eat were demons.

Ahh, you guys shouldn’t copy me. Without a doubt you’d die]

[Even if you didn’t say it, we wouldn’t. Hearing it once again is truly sublime.....]

Shizuku was looking at Hajime with a complex expression. He’s really reliable since he’s helped

them countless times by now but, she was reminded once again of where that power came from

was through a sublime experience
, she was lost on whether she should honestly feel admiration

or not.
reading this it seem like he already told them and explained about it.. ^^'
Old 2014-11-16, 11:11   Link #10053
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaLoL View Post
We are thankful for T2's work, but keep in mind he is doing his translations with a machine and editing based on common sense and grammar. Some errors or ambiguities are expected.

In this case, Shizuku is obviously talking about the survival ordeal in general, not the taking skills/stats from monsters.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 11:31   Link #10054
gimme breack
I Hate Ecchi . . . NOT!!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
We are thankful for T2's work, but keep in mind he is doing his translations with a machine and editing based on common sense and grammar. Some errors or ambiguities are expected.

In this case, Shizuku is obviously talking about the survival ordeal in general, not the taking skills/stats from monsters.

I think it's both of 'em bro . . .
Old 2014-11-16, 11:33   Link #10055
NicApple

Quote:
But I bet Kouki conveniently forget about it.
And only thinks of what is convenient for him.
Which in this case is the existence of Age of Gods magic.

And it coincides with his "current goal of overthrowing the Gods for everyone's sake"
As wished by the Liberators. So he feels even more pumped up to obtain the AoG magic.

Wonder if he will try his hand on demon meat though....

Spoiler for Inside the Haltina dungeon, Kouki wants to achive Nagumo's cheat strength...:
NicApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 11:35   Link #10056
Zoks

He specifically mentioned abilities though, which they noticed. He never mentioned his stats, which is what Kouki is thinking of.
Zoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 11:41   Link #10057
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post

As for the group, the one that I think would get the magic is Shizuku. Not because of harem reason, mind you, but she's the only one that's actually being sensible by not putting everything on the AoG magic AND actually wanting to be strong on her own.

Personally though, I just expect Kouki and the Hero group to raise up to the level of holding against Freed. Anymore and I'm in rather disbelief.
I agree it is more than a bit ridiculous how much he is expecting from this ancient magic. Granted it offers some pretty neat abilities, but its still reliant on his own specs. A tool Hajime made could do the same things, but it doesn't mean everybody who has that tool would be badass. Nobody points this out to him. Not to mention Hajime cleared Orcus mostly alone(well, half of it alone at least) with no ancient magic at all, and that Kaori was still relatively weak even with one.

...but it's Kouki, and his delusions are bound to be shattered for our amusement. I'm guessing the dungeon is just going to go "nope" to giving him the reward at the end. Or maybe he will get the magic, but then find out it didn't make a difference, forcing him to do some thinking. He can either focus on what he can reasonably do(fight smarter), or look for other options like Kaori did.

Last edited by bludvein; 2014-11-16 at 12:02.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 11:52   Link #10058
The_Codfish

Quote:
Ah, I only recalled the first part and just assumed that Hajime was being careless again.

EDIT: Wait. No. He didn't talk about eating monsters in the past. Just that he crawled out from the abyss under his own power. The other part about "hearing about it again" is probably just referring to hearing about how he got out of the dungeon on his own efforts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
I agree it is more than a bit ridiculous how much he is expecting from this ancient magic.
Freed came to the same conclusion himself? Whether it's an other world person like Kouki or someone from this world, thinking that it came from some unknown age of gods magic would be rather normal? Especially since it's just common sense not to eat monsters, especially not to the extent that Hajime did.
The_Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 11:57   Link #10059
Mordant!

Are there any translations of chapters between Japtem translations (currently up to 68) and from T2 (100+)?

I've tried reading previously using machine translators, but not only it was quite hard to understand what was going on (I could grasp overall points, but hardly any details), it was giving me intense headache.

So, is there any readable translation for those "missing" chapters (69-99), or my only options are to either wait for Endo&co to catch up or to suffer through horrible, horrible (double for impact!) MT?
And if so, could someone recommend some better machine translators then Google (to make it a little bit less painful)? I saw a list somewhere before, but I can't find it now.

EDIT: Or hell, even some short summary of chapters, so I could double check after reading MT gibberish, if I actually understood the content :P.
Mordant! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 12:07   Link #10060
Iamis

There are short summaries spread throughout the thread

The ones for the chapters you are looking for are mostly in pages 100-200
Iamis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel