AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-03-10, 08:43   Link #10041
NicApple

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLikePotatoes View Post
Hmm could this be the moment where Rudi finally learns chant-less healing magic?

Actually, the turning points have always been negative but end up having a positive effect on the story.

Turning point 1: the metastasis event, Rudi met Rudjerd and travelled the continent becoming stronger (although there were some negatives in that a lot of people died, but overall character growth was positive)

Turning point 2: Orsted puts hole in Rudis' chest event, Rudi learned Ran ma, met Nanahoshi and lost bait of his aragonite attitude.

Turning point 3: Sylphy pregnant, letter from Gisu to go to Begaritto event, meets Roxy, find mother(although he loses his father, but meh Pauls death flag was raised from the end Vol. 1 when he separated from Rudi).

Turning point 4: Hitogami attempted murder and alternate Rudi down fall event, led to the development of magic armour, Eris as 3rd wife, joining Orsted.

All together there were more positives than negatives, so if there is a turning point within this chapter precedence dictates that we will see some negatives and some positives.
What I thought Turning Point was that it is not a 100% negative twist either.
It's just when the deviation from the supposed fate of individuals occurs which in turns affects the future of the entire world.

Turning Point 1: Nanahoshi descends and with her presence there, the metastasis event occured as the world's fate cracks under the influence of an abnormality.

Turning Point 2: Yes... Rudeus gets killed etc. But the main thing is the meeting of Rudeus, Orsted and Nanahoshi. The 2 irregulars with the one who is binded to the fate of the world. Being acquainted allowed Rudy to link up with Nanahoshi again and opened up a connection to Orsted from there.

Turning Point 3: Birth of the 3rd irregular, Lucy. Sylphy was not suppose to be alive... Roxy too. But because of Rudeus prescence, a child who is not suppose to exist has now entered the world.

Turning Point 4: As we all know, Hitogami has been working behind the scenes to return the world back to its original fate, where those who are suppose to be dead, dies and the future where Orsted reaches him never comes about. Now comes the 4th Irregular, Future Rudeus. His presence has finally caused the world's fate to shift to a whole new path, where Orsted and Rudeus joins forces and Hitogami can no longer revert the world back without eliminating the irregulars.

No matter how you see it... all the turning points were in favor of Rudeus. If Turning point = negative... Paul's death & Zenith going mental could have been labelled as Turning Point. But his death and her being mental has no impact on the fate of the world. It was already on the wrong path. Rudeus / Roxy 's death would just make it right again. I'm guessing there was a Turning Point 0 as well -> Birth of Rudeus.

So long story short.
Yep... Turning Point coming up.
Right now the fate of the world is returning to its original state, where Orsted meets his end before Hitogami.

Spoiler for my own delusion of a turning point:
NicApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 09:32   Link #10042
Zackarov

gisu has the upper hand, it isn't strange if the author use the turning point chapter to flip the condition. after all, it is TURNING point...
Zackarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 09:51   Link #10043
Satakarni

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicApple View Post
What I thought Turning Point was that it is not a 100% negative twist either.
It's just when the deviation from the supposed fate of individuals occurs which in turns affects the future of the entire world.

Turning Point 1: Nanahoshi descends and with her presence there, the metastasis event occured as the world's fate cracks under the influence of an abnormality.

Turning Point 2: Yes... Rudeus gets killed etc. But the main thing is the meeting of Rudeus, Orsted and Nanahoshi. The 2 irregulars with the one who is binded to the fate of the world. Being acquainted allowed Rudy to link up with Nanahoshi again and opened up a connection to Orsted from there.

Turning Point 3: Birth of the 3rd irregular, Lucy. Sylphy was not suppose to be alive... Roxy too. But because of Rudeus prescence, a child who is not suppose to exist has now entered the world.

Turning Point 4: As we all know, Hitogami has been working behind the scenes to return the world back to its original fate, where those who are suppose to be dead, dies and the future where Orsted reaches him never comes about. Now comes the 4th Irregular, Future Rudeus. His presence has finally caused the world's fate to shift to a whole new path, where Orsted and Rudeus joins forces and Hitogami can no longer revert the world back without eliminating the irregulars.

No matter how you see it... all the turning points were in favor of Rudeus. If Turning point = negative... Paul's death & Zenith going mental could have been labelled as Turning Point. But his death and her being mental has no impact on the fate of the world. It was already on the wrong path. Rudeus / Roxy 's death would just make it right again. I'm guessing there was a Turning Point 0 as well -> Birth of Rudeus.

So long story short.
Right now the fate of the world is returning to its original state, where Orsted meets his end before Hitogami.

Spoiler for my own delusion of a turning point:
wow that some seriously delusional turning point...but i guess it would be too dark for this series..it would be like the typical shonen event where the sea of despair turns around to complete victory in a couple of chapters, leaving us to wonder what the heck just happened.????

But realistically, what are rudi's options???
Remember, with the transition magic circles gone, he cant summon mk1. Rudeus' biggest rump card is inaccessible to him now.
if he wants to get out of this situation, he needs to meet the following objectives.

1) Stop the bleeding from his arms(what used to be arms).
2) Get help or contact someone.
3) Get out of the valley alive without using magic.
4) Find some war potential similar to the mk-1 to settle things.
5) and most of all reattach his limbs.

1and 3 can be done somehow. 2 can be done if he can contact the supard village.
5 can be done if he reaches orsted. 4 is going to be the most difficult since he cant manufacture another mk-1.
And they still dont know what other traps gisu came up with.

Rudi's main weakness is that his recognition of someone as enemy is low. Yes, he fights them but he doesn't hate their guts and try to massacre them. I think this might be the point where we might see his attitude change. Even if he gets out of this and all of his family and friends are alive, his psyche is severely affected.

my prediction..

Spoiler for Prediction:
Satakarni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 09:51   Link #10044
iLikePotatoes

Hmm I know it's weird to say, I hate the turning points so much because they scare me due to their always being deaths. However I also like them because they completely flip the story, changing direction without it being an absurd asspull.

---------------------------------------

Anyone have a favourite turning point ?

My favourite turning point is turning point 4 because of Roxy being wifed and future Rudi... However it's also my most hated turning point because it gives us a look at a tragedy route, which is really depressing. The thing that shocked me was Rudis' family being burned alive and Sylphy being executed.
iLikePotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 09:53   Link #10045
Breimoon

I wonder what is going on with the other allies
Spoiler for raw:
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 10:12   Link #10046
hound297

Spoiler for raw:

Last edited by LKK; 2015-03-10 at 10:36. Reason: added spoliler tag
hound297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 10:25   Link #10047
Breimoon

Spoiler for raw:
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 10:32   Link #10048
Zackarov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satakarni View Post
But realistically, what are rudi's options???
Remember, with the transition magic circles gone, he cant summon mk1. Rudeus' biggest rump card is inaccessible to him now.
if he wants to get out of this situation, he needs to meet the following objectives.
he can still summon Mk.I because he use scroll to summon it.
but, since the HQ is destroyed. we don't know what happen to Mk.I
Zackarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 10:37   Link #10049
hound297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
Spoiler for raw:
Ah you are right.
Spoiler for -:
hound297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 11:06   Link #10050
Satakarni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackarov View Post
he can still summon Mk.I because he use scroll to summon it.
but, since the HQ is destroyed. we don't know what happen to Mk.I
the basis of all his summoning scrolls is the bidirectional transfer magic circles. Ogre dog trashed all that. All his fancy equipment built by orsted is gone. That's why i made my prediction that ..

Spoiler for My take:
Satakarni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 11:56   Link #10051
sodemas

well, i can see where all the worring is coming from, i am also afraid of those 2 words but come on, not everything was lost, if Rudeus was to die he would already be dead, se we can be sure that he will get out of that ravine, and Wives and friends are probaly safe where they are. the wrost it could happen would be the children geting killed/hurt but as far i seen they havnt got any death flags so i think they are safe for the most part (not that they are 100% safe but not likely to all die...)
sodemas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 11:59   Link #10052
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.

This is the sorta stuff that makes me sit on edge or just stop reading till the arc is over.

Then read it all.
DemiDomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 12:26   Link #10053
Sebazu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicApple View Post
So long story short.
I don't think so.

All turning points came out of nowhere and during a peaceful time, the fact that thing are already getting fucked kind of shows there isnt one coming.
Sebazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 14:08   Link #10054
Destiny Knight
Dead End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebazu View Post
I don't think so.

All turning points came out of nowhere and during a peaceful time, the fact that thing are already getting fucked kind of shows there isnt one coming.
Maybe it will be a turning point after rudeus is saved and everything is solved but suddenly perugius is kiled *shocking*
Old 2015-03-10, 14:27   Link #10055
Amuris

we make a lot of weird assumptions about this story. I guess, because its gone on for so long, it's hard to remember all the details.

For starters, Rudy can use healing magic to a pretty high degree. I forget whether he said he could use up to saint or king rank with chants.(bear in mind this was years ago) If he can tread water or chant as he loses air, he can manage.

Rudy can use internal magic and started learning to use Holy dragon touki when he was 20. However, he uses the armor and rock bullets so much, as their effective, he hasn't tried any new or alternative methods. This makes it so we don't know how much he's progressed in the last 5 years but his usual methods don't seem to be very effective right now.

For something stranger, the current ogre god doesn't use the golden armor. As I recall, it was said that Badi came here to get it but never if he actually reached it. Shouldn't it be sealed somewhere in the ocean around that area?

Rudy and future Rudy both establish that limitations on magic is generally self imposed. Whether it is how he found that learning to chant didn't help or learning the beast race only magic, it's clear that magic doesn't have to be used in a certain way or with certain appendages.

There were more things but...I forgot while I was typing...
Amuris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 14:50   Link #10056
Tenzen12

Rudy can do barely saint level of healing and only with invocation (and probably at least one hand), and for Dragon touki is not about internal use of magic in first place.
Old 2015-03-10, 15:07   Link #10057
ththth13

Rudy cannot use dragon touki at all. He still cannot feel internal magic, so he cannot use any form of touki, and he needs chant for all healing, curing and barrier magic. He is at intermediate level in barrier magic, with chant, that's all.

There is at least one magic he can use without his hands, and that's the voice magic. Now would be very good time to try to figure out how to really use it. Future Rudy could use it to send his voice to far away, which would be very useful in the current situation.

It's also very possible that healing magic can be used with just chant if you use it to yourself.
ththth13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 15:24   Link #10058
Tenzen12

Dragon touki is touki by name only, in reality it's just combination if martial arts and external spells. I guess something like Gun-kata and yes, Rudy is practitioner.
Old 2015-03-10, 15:40   Link #10059
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Hmm...without his bracelet, couldn't Hitogami see him again?

"Hey loser! Long time no see! Need a hand?...or two? Hahahaha"

"...Oh, EFF me..."
Old 2015-03-10, 16:19   Link #10060
ththth13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Dragon touki is touki by name only, in reality it's just combination if martial arts and external spells. I guess something like Gun-kata and yes, Rudy is practitioner.
No, holy dragon touki is just as name implies, better version of usual touki. It protects much better than normal touki against all attacks. That's why Orsted can tank Rudy's rock bullets while badigadi could not, despite having especially strong touki protection. (He could tank sword of light from nina)

It's also name of the martial arts, and that's what Rudy has learned. But he uses it with his magic armor, and not with his own body.

Mk.I had saint level healing circle installed on it, if mk.II has similar function, then it will save Rudy.
ththth13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, fantasy, gods, harem, incest, og isekai, polygamy, reincarnation, seinen, time travel, true harem, webnovel