AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 50 47.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 22.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 14.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 10.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.83%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.94%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.94%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-11-06, 18:45   Link #81
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
Bad Boy Touma punching the girl twice! and even in the face that is so brutal... couldnt he punch her in the stomach instead?
Think about it.

Imagine Breaker -> Nun magic robe

Then again it could probably win the fight instantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskyra View Post
What`s the problem with punching the villain? It`s not always guys who play the bad role... I know, I get the fact it probably doesn`t look so cool punching a female, even more when it`s around 14 years old (? eh, what was her age again...) girl... I`m not saying I enjoyed looking at that scene thinking "punch her some more", but still, you don`t see a loli as a main villain every day, some variation is nice XD
Lolis as villains? Some how I think they're appearing more frequently

Or rather, the scariest ones are always the little girls...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 19:52   Link #82
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Can someone tell me what exactly is Agnese's power?
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 19:54   Link #83
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Really, who hasn't wanted to do that to a Kugimiya Rie character at least once? Just admit it to yourselves.
Louise of Zero No Tsukaima oh Heck Yes!! There's "funny" beatings and then there's the sadistic crap that she does to Saito.

But heck no, not Sanzein Nagi of Hayate No Gotoku, who is just a lonley and innocent little girl who dosen't know how to be a little girl for the want of a mother since the age of 4.

And try doing that to Alphonse Elric and all you'll get is a hand full of broken bones.

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2010-11-06 at 20:34.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 20:13   Link #84
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Can someone tell me what exactly is Agnese's power?
Lol, I've been waiting for someone to ask that.

The short version is just that, whatever form of damage she does to the staff would be dealt to her enemy. But as you can see there are timing, distance and positions to consider.

The long version is that it uses [Idol Theory] principles, similar to the map of Japan which created 47 portals that didn't exist before. The Lotus Staff represents The five elements— fire, wind, water, earth, and ether. And since everything is created from the five elements, when she mixes Idol Theory the 'staff' becomes like that map, whatever action she does to it would affect the real thing.
Old 2010-11-06, 21:03   Link #85
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post

And as it was mentioned, I wonder how Acclerator will fight against Agnese. It's clear she won't really be able to do anything since he'll deflect the attacks, though if they appear from thin air can he redirect them back at her? There's no way he'd lose or most probably even get hit(touched) but I wonder what will happen to Agnese's attacks...
Agnese would be turn into splattered meat if he goes against Accelerator.
Spoiler for about the attack:
Old 2010-11-06, 22:13   Link #86
Flere821
Lurker

Finally got around to watching it... and for some reason I think Kaori looks younger than her previous scenes >.>

Loved the bit where Innocentius pops up, though when Touma punched Agnese there should be wind flowing around his fist like that right...? >.>

Overall, 8/10 from me.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 22:35   Link #87
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Agnese would be turn into splattered meat if he goes against Accelerator.
Spoiler for about the attack:
That only applies to Accelerator after awakening not the actual of this season.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 22:50   Link #88
Jarmel

The falcon punch was epic.

Anyway I was going to comment about Orsola not being able to decipher the book and how that seemed like a huge plothole however it seems the higherups knew all along and just wanted control of Kanzaki.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 23:03   Link #89
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
The falcon punch was epic.

Anyway I was going to comment about Orsola not being able to decipher the book and how that seemed like a huge plothole however it seems the higherups knew all along and just wanted control of Kanzaki.
Nope, Laura didn't know that Orsula didn't have the right answer, she said so herself.

Orsula thought she had the answer to solve the Book of the Law because her formula yielded results, only that she didn't realize it was a false positive. Index said that the reason why the Book of the Law was such a nightmare was because there are hundreds of ways to decipher it, and they all would give a different answer.

Kanzaki came into the picture only when Amakusa was involved later on.
Old 2010-11-06, 23:17   Link #90
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
That only applies to Accelerator after awakening not the actual of this season.
after awakening? but

Spoiler:

Laura's main goal is the amakusa and Kaori. Orsola is just an additional to it. The anime cuts the line but Laura is in the balance of good and evil. She do tons of evil and the same time lots of good. So you can't tell if she's evil or good.

She's evil plotting to chained Kaori a saint but she's also good because she also plans to save Orsola.
Old 2010-11-06, 23:24   Link #91
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

And thus it ends.

Can't say I had the best impression on this arc. Still, the final fight was well animated at least, even if it did consist of nothing but Touma getting the crap beat out of him while Kugimiya was twirling around her staff. I still don't get how he managed to dodge that last attack though? I mean yeah he did avoid the early ones, but that last one made Kugimiya surprised? Did he just get lucky or figure out where it would come from?

I did like how they at least had the nuns who punctured their ears struggle to walk at least, though the scene where the rest of them were tearing at the door only to find that the group were talking and decided to wait politely until they were done was very badly handled.

I'd give the arc 5/10, but the episode a 7. It was the best out of the whole lot, but that's not very impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol, I've been waiting for someone to ask that.

The short version is just that, whatever form of damage she does to the staff would be dealt to her enemy. But as you can see there are timing, distance and positions to consider.

The long version is that it uses [Idol Theory] principles, similar to the map of Japan which created 47 portals that didn't exist before. The Lotus Staff represents The five elements— fire, wind, water, earth, and ether. And since everything is created from the five elements, when she mixes Idol Theory the 'staff' becomes like that map, whatever action she does to it would affect the real thing.
Thanks for the explanation.

That sounds like an excellent tool for assassination. Is there a limit on how big the map on the staff needs to be? Is more to do with visualizing the whole map or is it about how far the target is?
Old 2010-11-06, 23:55   Link #92
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I can only estimate that the effective range of the Lotus Wand magic is a three-meter diameter sphere with the target as the center. Note that Touma had to punch through the effective area's barrier to render the magic temporarily useless.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 23:58   Link #93
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quick sidetrack.

Touma would probably be NO match for the Dorm-Mother of Tokiwadai's Middle School for Young Ladies.

Heck, in a comedic side story not related to the main saga, she apparently did the "Kuroko-special" on Mikoto and sent another LEVEL 5 packing in terror at the sight of the Electromaster's Broken-Neck...

... without any powers.
Old 2010-11-06, 23:59   Link #94
tsunade666

but that's the area of effect set as the target center but not the actual range of lotus wand. Withing that area of effect you can set any place to take damage. But considering the actual range it's probably dependent on the line of sight. As long as your in sight or align to it. You can set it as a target to take damage.
Old 2010-11-06, 23:59   Link #95
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Have I heard correctly? Next episode has Kuroko in it?
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 00:08   Link #96
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
And thus it ends.

Can't say I had the best impression on this arc. Still, the final fight was well animated at least, even if it did consist of nothing but Touma getting the crap beat out of him while Kugimiya was twirling around her staff. I still don't get how he managed to dodge that last attack though? I mean yeah he did avoid the early ones, but that last one made Kugimiya surprised? Did he just get lucky or figure out where it would come from?
It's a matter of who has the better timing.

There's a delay between time of the 'command being given' and the moment it has been 'executed'. The original with attacks were easily dodged because Anieze was still zeroing her attack and Touma could take advantage of the delay, but afterwards Anieze could compensate for the delay by estimating where Touma would dodge upon seeing her attack and readjust it to hit him.

So Touma decided to to bait her; By running in a straight line he created a scenario where she could easily predict his next move. But at the same time, it would also mean that Touma could easily predict which attack she would use he then stopped short of running into the attack and I think before she could readjust, he negated it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
That sounds like an excellent tool for assassination. Is there a limit on how big the map on the staff needs to be? Is more to do with visualizing the whole map or is it about how far the target is?
No details on the specific, it's just a range attack that inflicts damage to the target in the manner of which the staff is being damaged.
Old 2010-11-07, 00:17   Link #97
tsunade666

yap. Next episode is about railgun girls - saten.
Old 2010-11-07, 00:25   Link #98
AlaAlba

loli punch lol XD but Touma could unhurt Agnese by touching her staff only, Touma you evil

and woot for Kuroko episode.
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 00:27   Link #99
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
yap. Next episode is about railgun girls - saten.
who knows she migth make a cameo.
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 01:03   Link #100
tsunade666

^ who knows. I actually like saten most out of the railgun girls but if she would really appear. Then the next episode should have shown her barging in the branch.