AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-17, 14:33   Link #81
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Hakai Banchou arc was grossly mispositioned for what he was hyped up to be, or at least dealt with in a way that's too... favourable to Kongou.

At least if Hakai required the combined effort of Daddy, Butler + Everyone else, then the power creep of the new villains wouldn't look so awkward.

Speaking of Daddy, I'm actually still a bit disappointed that Papa Kongou didn't get a chance to lay the smackdown on Hakai in that last arc. I mean, he even had that badass helicopter entrance and everything! And then there's his loss to Takeshi just a few chapters later, and..... sigh. But I won't give up hope! Maybe he'll somehow show up for the final battle and team up with Akira to kick Takeshi's ass! Just gotta keep my fingers crossed.....

Oh, and going back to the Hakai Banchou fight, while I do somewhat agree that he was taken down a bit quicker than one would expect for some ULTIMATE DOOMSDAY WEAPON or whatever, I'm not really all that bothered about it considering how over-the-top this series is in the first place. As far as I'm concerned, a fitting excuse for his loss could be that he was a relic from the old era who was "inferior" to the elite banchou of the current era..... or something. I dunno. But we ARE kind of talking about the series where even robots and talking sharks can become powerful gang leaders, after all.
Old 2012-11-19, 23:13   Link #82
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

A, well, kinda OT, but isn't anyone here following Nanatsu no Taizai aka 7 deadly sins? It's from this same author and is about a swordmanship in the middle ages. Considering that is also from Nakaba we have that even the small fry can chop up a boulder in two.

Also, having "7 deadly sins" here means that the series that Nakaba did after Banchou (Chiguhagu Lovers) also finsihed...

Now let's resume the wait for chapter 100 of Banchou to be scanlated.
Old 2012-11-19, 23:36   Link #83
marvelB

^Actually, I DID make a thread for Seven Deadly Sins (which I even linked to last page, but here it is again in case anyone missed it). But sadly, the thread's not so active due to there being too few translated chapters released (only 3 so far).....
Old 2012-11-19, 23:51   Link #84
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Actually, I DID make a thread for Seven Deadly Sins (which I even linked to last page, but here it is again in case anyone missed it). But sadly, the thread's not so active due to there being too few translated chapters released (only 3 so far).....
Woah. That thread totally passed me by. BTW considering the amount of pages and the quantity that Nakaba can put out, I'm surprised that 7 sins is actually weekly rather than monthly.
Old 2012-11-23, 16:33   Link #85
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

My reaction to chapter 100

I know very well that they'll end up being alive and perfectly fine...but still...
Old 2012-11-23, 16:48   Link #86
marvelB

This was an awesome chapter. It's always great to see Hikyou Banchou getting some development. And boy, did he run into someone who's lower and filthier than him.... I can't wait to see him kick that guy's ass.
Old 2012-11-30, 16:33   Link #87
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

"You know all your plans?
Yeaaaaaaa......no...I already planned against them."

This is the only manga where this kind of chapter doesn't make me shout "Asspull!!" xD
Old 2012-11-30, 19:06   Link #88
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Now I need to change my pants....
My god Hikyou Banchou is the most awsome character in the series for me.
Hail to the King.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2012-11-30, 19:11   Link #89
marvelB

Oh man, this chapter was way, way, waaaay too awesome. Not only do we get badass moments from Hikyou Banchou (BTW, I love how Jojo-esque he looks on the last page), but we even get the return of OUROU BANCHOU!!! Man, I can't wait to see him kick more of the dark student council's ass! Uh.... so yeah, let's just say this chapter forced me to fetch a change of undergarments.

Oh, and I found the goth loli banchou rather amusing, as well (too bad she didn't even last more than two pages, though).
Old 2012-12-07, 18:06   Link #90
marvelB

Chapter 102 is out now!

Boy, it's been a while since we last saw Hinako.... and that king banchou guy sure has a funny design! Anyway, it's time for Akira to kick some more ass! Can't wait!
Old 2012-12-07, 18:18   Link #91
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Cellphone Banchou...this just made my day xD
Old 2012-12-07, 18:37   Link #92
marvelB

^Heh, just imagine if an iPhone Banchou were a part of the dark student council.

On another note: I wonder if this is the point where we'll see Ourou Banchou back in action? Really, I'm just basing this off the fact that the current opponent is a "King" while Ourou is the "Wolf King". So is it possible that a duel between two "kings" will take place as soon as next chapter....?
Old 2012-12-14, 17:49   Link #93
marvelB

103 is out!

Well..... this was an unexpected turn of events. Still, lol at the idea of a mad scientist being responsible for creating all those superhuman banchou. Actually, does that mean he made Hakai Banchou, as well? IMO, that would have made sense....

Also, looking forward to that gaiden chapter. Hope it's focused on Papa Kongou!
Old 2012-12-14, 18:06   Link #94
Awrya
U mad?

So Kongou Banchou gets injected with some drug, which could potentially make him stronger than Kongou Akira, who has surpassed the Kongou evolution?
To be honest, I find this more believable than most shounen power ups.
Old 2012-12-14, 19:17   Link #95
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

So the reason the protagonist and his brother are not naturally huge as their father, it was due to a evolution dormant gene?

or this whole chapter was about something else...
Old 2012-12-15, 12:36   Link #96
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

What's this, what's this? Hikyou Banchou X Sasori Banchou confirmed?

My oh my...Hikyou sometimes feels more like a MC than Kongou.
Old 2012-12-15, 19:50   Link #97
marvelB

Dang, and here I was hoping the gaiden would focus on papa Kongou.... oh well.

But hey, I'm a Hikyou x Sasori shipper, so no complaints here!
Old 2012-12-20, 17:13   Link #98
marvelB

104's out now!

And my goodness, was it insane.... Akira basically went SSJ, and that badass butler returned to take him down (lol at Nenbutsu Banchou's reaction when he saw Gokurou make himself young, BTW ). And at least papa Kongou got some action..... even if it was just to block one attack (le sigh....).

Anyways, wonder what happened to Akira? Somehow, I'm thinking that the butler turned him into a baby or something!
Old 2012-12-21, 06:02   Link #99
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Yea...Papa Kongou only blocked one punch but got his arm skewered in the process.
But young Gokurou took the chapter, easily, he's pretty damn awesome...even if that Kongou hunting martial art style is kind of an ass pull............................then again what isn't in this manga.
Old 2012-12-22, 13:48   Link #100
marvelB

Guess what guys.... 105 is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyways, wonder what happened to Akira? Somehow, I'm thinking that the butler turned him into a baby or something!

Holy crap, I can't believe how spot-on I was with that post, despite it being a joke....
Closed Thread