AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 16 22.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 22.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 27.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.29%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.43%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-02-17, 21:45   Link #81
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Also, at the end, he got the device to kill Last Order right? Just making sure, since it didn't clarify which item did what.
If it's about killing, Accelerator doesn't need any help.

It was information on her.
Old 2009-02-17, 21:50   Link #82
KennethSoulSociety
Ex-Otaku

Throughout most of the LN volumes I've read, Accelerator is the only name for him.

That device he took contained original personal data of Last Order.

当麻:結婚しましょう。ミ一シャ:本当に???
KennethSoulSociety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 21:58   Link #83
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Ok thanks for that info . I was hoping the item he took was the way to destroy her, which, regardless if it was or not, he would save her. Now I'm wondering what would be more cliche; Acc helping her, even though he seemed uninterested in her, or Acc originally intending to kill her, then changes his mind when he meets her? Oh well, as long as Acc kicks some ass in the end and makes loli-love with loli Misaka, its all good.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 22:56   Link #84
Index92

So there's probably going to be one more arc after this one ends. Does anyone know which one it might be?
Index92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 20:55   Link #85
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

I'm guessing it involves the people we havent met in the OP?
Old 2009-02-18, 23:40   Link #86
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Chibi-chibi Biri-Biri!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 10:10   Link #87
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Definitely don't see what to misunderstand. Because in reality, 10000 people lay dead because of him.
And another 10000 are living because of him.

I am _not_ saying that to justify his actions, just stating that fact.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 16:25   Link #88
Cinocard

They aren't living because of him. They live because Touma defeated him. He didn't save them...
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 17:58   Link #89
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
They aren't living because of him. They live because Touma defeated him. He didn't save them...
Ah, but the only reason they even exist in the first place is because of Accelerator. So technically they are living because of him, even if they were originally supposed to die because of him.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 09:06   Link #90
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
i can see the glimmer in accelerator eyes if his original goal would have been to
Spoiler for stuff:
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 17:27   Link #91
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Academy City must be the best fictional city ever, cute lolis just fall into your lap!!

Loli Biri Biri is one of the cutest things I've ever seen in my life, moe-meter exploded.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 20:29   Link #92
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
So Tokkan, does that mean that if a father beats up his daughter everyday and even actually killed a few of the sisters before, it is ok, because she is living because of him (as without him there would be no her)?

Thats disgusting attitude.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 20:46   Link #93
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
So Tokkan, does that mean that if a father beats up his daughter everyday and even actually killed a few of the sisters before, it is ok, because she is living because of him (as without him there would be no her)?

No, I'm not saying that. I was just pointing out that technically they were alive because of Accelerator. Yes, everything Accel (which I shall call him from now on) did was wrong. There's no disputing that.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 05:16   Link #94
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiv View Post
So, is anybody watching the fansubs? Who is better? Aoshen or Eclipse? I watched both versions for this episode and there are entire parts where the meaning of the scene changes completely depending on the fansub
Eclipse is more better because at least you understand what the characters were trying to say.
Old 2009-02-22, 05:48   Link #95
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , Accelerator turns like a good guy wow omg ... and Misaka who acting like she didn't care about the 10000 sisters die even though Accelerator kill them ... If Accelerator would give a message for her , he didn't have to kill omg . Well whatever its like that ...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 17:27   Link #96
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:

That's not a terribly good comparison because each of those children was a unique individual. If life can be replicated and replaced with ease it loses it's value. If you had a spare, an exact duplicate constantly updated with all your memories and experiences, waiting in the wings should anything go wrong would you start taking more risks? You could argue that the sisters are a disposable item. You could also argue that they were treated in an even more inhumane manner than foxes and lobsters but that's another kettle of crustaceans.
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 18:19   Link #97
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Which would lead to dispute is a clone in equal position as original? I think he/she is, because from the moment of the existence you are not exactly of the memories you had before but individual existence and because some of them died it was because they never given chance to explore their individuality as they were killed way too fast.

For me there is not difference between original individuals and cloned individuals - they all have equal rights and are individual in their own rights.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 19:42   Link #98
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Which would lead to dispute is a clone in equal position as original? I think he/she is, because from the moment of the existence you are not exactly of the memories you had before but individual existence and because some of them died it was because they never given chance to explore their individuality as they were killed way too fast.

For me there is not difference between original individuals and cloned individuals - they all have equal rights and are individual in their own rights.
That's missing the point that they have a hive mind. These aren't just clones, these are clones who share memories and experiences with an entire network of clones. While it's obvious that someone is an individual even if they share the same memories because of their diverging experiences in the future, its not obvious at all that MISAKA isn't in fact one person.

In that sense, its (maybe) reasonable for her to value her individual bodies about as much as we value our fingernails. It hurts to get them pulled out, but we can just grow another one. It's not like a fingernail is a person. Well, its unclear how much of their memory or even personality is shared (and obviously Touma made them re-evaluate the situation).

Anyway, the clone analogy just doesn't work because that's not at all the issue here. Science fiction has been answering the clone question, repeatedly, for the better half of a century.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 05:40   Link #99
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
If he did something helpful to the world other than spending his days going to the convenience store and daring to continue living his life.
He saved it. Does that count?

There are better ways for people to atone for their crimes then to die. For example, if Accelerator had killed himself as you suggest he should have done, we'd now have 9968 Misaka's running around attacking pretty much everything that moves all around the globe.

It's easy to say someone should die, but the very point of atonement is that people do something to make up for their crimes. Killing yourself doesn't do anything but add yet another count to the pile of corpses. It doesn't help anyone. Only by living does Accelerator have a chance to pay his debt to the Misaka-ke, which is far from finished.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 10:44   Link #100
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
There are better ways for people to atone for their crimes then to die.
Desuyone~ Yet for some reason, people invented capital punishment though. Seems that, it's just that there are things that just cannot be forgiven. Even if you "atone" for it. Like, say, kill 10000 people. And considering his age and his motive, it is even less of a laughing matter. And as long as he remains alive, you don't know when he will do it again.
Atonement? If only every massacre/heavy crimes could be settled by just that...

Quote:
For example, if Accelerator had killed himself as you suggest he should have done, we'd now have 9968 Misaka's running around attacking pretty much everything that moves all around the globe.
Nope. We'd have a dead Last Order. Of course, this is just probability, as we do not know if the "kind" scientist woman would have found them on time.
Besides, Accelerator didn't do everything to save the world, he did everything to save some loli he met the other day.

Quote:
It doesn't help anyone.
1. Me
2. If everything should be logical, Mikoto and everyone else who should be enraged over his massacre.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote