3 out of 10 : Bad 7 6.09%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 2.61%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 9.57%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-05-18, 16:45   Link #81
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
I think this episode was good.

gai and kisame running side by side was pointless to me though.

its true that lee was faster then sand. but it think it is safe to say that kisame might be faster that garaa 3 years ago. everything is relative.

also with all the power and chakra coming out of gai, if he was to move at lees speed he would rip a hole in the time space continuum
Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 17:08   Link #82
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Just a wild guess but i think Gai's regular speed is similair to Lee opening a few gates (chuunin exam). I doubt Gai's speed when opening gates is matching or similair to Lee's.
Old 2007-05-18, 17:48   Link #83
Ashlotte
Clockwork

So much fuming...lol...Sigh anyway the animation is the only thing lately thats been irking me especially with this episode. The best reference any of us have to go on is Lees fight with gaara, which was done fantastically well.

I dont think its a huge expectation to think Lee's teacher would move with more speed and strength then himself is it?

After we got suckered in on the first episode the animation for the fights so far has been "meh" at best and last I checked shonen flys or fails on the fights. Ill be more then happy to eat my words if the quality improves later, but so far its been pretty bland and uninteresting compared to what we got presented with in the past.
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 18:16   Link #84
Azure King
Snr Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznSoulBoy View Post
<sinpped by a mod because the post contained spoilers>
OMFG,

What don't you just STFU, if you haven't notices already that this IS a discussion thread, and having over like 90% of the poster here saying this episode of naruto SUCK then it SUCK!!, we all can't be wrong and your the only one whos right.

People like you just come on the forums with the intent of flaming others WITHOUT trying to understand others point of view or concerns.
We all want a standard animation through out the entire series not a rollercoster ride, where some episode are good and other shit poor.

We all know that Naruto can do better, the question is, Why don't they,
As we can compare Naruto to Shippuden, not only that Shippuden fails to meet the standard animation in Naruto, The pace is even slower and that is a FACT

Don't just come along and say that people are just bitching over nothing.
If you don't like what we have to say then don't come on this thread.

Last edited by monir; 2007-05-18 at 18:39.
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 18:28   Link #85
RuNE
bomberman

Send a message via AIM to RuNE
You're right Azn, you DID waste my time.
I'm completely FINE with a long buildup, even with sub-par animation, as long as it's going somewhere.

But:

1) This wasn't a build up. This is the begining of *A* major fight. This should automaticaly mean that those idiots producing this show could have asked the filler team to nicely 'leave' so the real animation team could come in. I know all CEO's just love to cut corners, and go cheap, but SPEND A YEN for chirst sake. What happened to being loyal to the fans.

2) It's almost a SLAP in the face how the producers found a manga that was like crack, and used it like crack. Thanks guys, we're addicted now. You know we're not gonna give up this garbage, simply because we just want (need?) to see what happens next. Thanks.

To the people that think they're so cute and smart, acting like anyone who's getting impatient with the show is a 12 year old:

Suck my A...donkey. We expect the animation to be at least on par to what we've been used to (excluding fillers). After whatever years of fillers, yes, we were expecting a treat. Instead we got junk. Oh wait, let me correct myself..... We got treated to SOME quality crack, just to bring us back incase we left during the horrible fillers, got us nice and hooked...and voila...now that we're nice and hooked again, time to bring out the cheap stuff.

Right, this ep completely ruined Gai. The naruto end was alright. I've got no beef with those scenes.

I truly pray the continuation of the Gai fight will feature the 'good' animation team.

(PS.: wtf was with that bit of cheese music at the end there with gai? It was pretty good and serious up till then....why end it so lame?)
RuNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 18:30   Link #86
itachi29al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure King View Post
OMFG,

What don't you just STFU, if you haven't notices already that this IS a discussion thread, and having over like 90% of the poster here saying this episode of naruto SUCK then it SUCK!!, we all can't be wrong and your the only one whos right.

People like you just come on the forums with the intent of flaming others WITHOUT trying to understand others point of view or concerns.
We all want a standard animation through out the entire series not a rollercoster ride, where some episode are good and other shit poor.

We all know that Naruto can do better, the question is, Why don't they,
As we can compare Naruto to Shippuden, not only that Shippuden fails to meet the standard animation in Naruto, The pace is even slower and that is a FACT

Don't just come along and say that people are just bitching over nothing.
If you don't like what we have to say then don't come on this thread.
Ummm, not to correct you math but 52 percent of the people on the poll gave it a good review, one bing a 7 or more. But, although i disagree with you, i respect you opinion and your right to post whatever you want. Afterall this is an opinion oriented forum. But don't try to convert other people to hating Naruto, if thier happy with it let them stay happy.
itachi29al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 18:40   Link #87
Azure King
Snr Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
Ummm, not to correct you math but 52 percent of the people on the poll gave it a good review, one bing a 7 or more. But, although i disagree with you, i respect you opinion and your right to post whatever you want. Afterall this is an opinion oriented forum. But don't try to convert other people to hating Naruto, if thier happy with it let them stay happy.
you are mistaken my friends, i said 90% of the posters not the voters, there are many who just come to this tread vote and leave, i believe who stay and vote and have a comment to add, have a real opinion and not the one who just vote and leave.
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 19:44   Link #88
Willowwhisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure King View Post
you are mistaken my friends, i said 90% of the posters not the voters, there are many who just come to this tread vote and leave, i believe who stay and vote and have a comment to add, have a real opinion and not the one who just vote and leave.
Eh, most of the time I vote and leave. It isn't because I don't have an opinion, it's mostly because I don't wish to express it. I usually read through the posts and someone has said pretty much what I intended to say, so I'll only bother posting if it has gone unsaid (which now is an example of ).

Also, I wish to avoid the "Manga pace vs Anime pace" debate that has become a staple of the episode threads (and this isn't intended to antagonise those who are on either side of this debate, I merely wish to avoid it).
Willowwhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 19:50   Link #89
Meloria

Wasn't such a bad episode, but I'm just following up on the series up to the chapter of Manga I stopped at. I enjoy the new series, but something is missing from the original Naruto series that made it that much better. Probably like everyone else, was the fact the fights were more exciting - but the music then was also a major touch. Everytime I would hear a track from there I could tap my feet to the recognisable tune.

But this time around there seems to be more serious, slower tracks. Although a new one was introduced during the gate opening scene with a slight similar style of what I mentioned but lacks something. I expect the series to get better in animation.

Ah but I wish the quality was as good as that found during the very first opening scene on episode 1. It felt like a movie and had great atmosphere throughout the scenes.
Meloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 19:59   Link #90
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
i don't know if i am right but i don't think the animators take into consideration to people watching shipuuden in america. it is possible that the people in asia are satisfied with the show they do have more patience than westeners anyways.

@Quakus: someone has metioned this before... they took away the traditional asian music
Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 20:39   Link #91
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
i don't know if i am right but i don't think the animators take into consideration to people watching shipuuden in america. it is possible that the people in asia are satisfied with the show they do have more patience than westeners anyways.

@Quakus: someone has metioned this before... they took away the traditional asian music
I don't even think that a majority of the people watching the show outside of Japan are disappointed in any fashion. It's just that the same 10 or so people that keep giving eps 1's are the most vocal in these episode threads. Something they teach you in day 2 of statistics: self-appointed samples are bad because they tend towards strong negative opinions. That is, people with strong negative opinions of something are most likely to speak up.
Old 2007-05-18, 20:45   Link #92
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
I didn't really notice until I read this post, but the music has definitely been nagging at me through all of these episodes. I couldn't quite put my finger on it until now, and I'm just disappointed.

Also, I thought this was a rather good episode. Not a whole lot happened, but the creators really managed to keep up a nice level of suspense throughout the episode. I was very disappointed that I didn't get to see any ass-kicking, though.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 20:52   Link #93
Strike101

The problem here is that this is a step down from the previous Naruto series , seriously are they on a budget ? it's like playing a game with Lots of Frame skipping

If you guys watch other animes like one piece and bleach , notice how they've improved , One Piece has been on High Def 720p , and bleach having some OVA quality animation on some of it's episode ,
Strike101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 23:31   Link #94
Soulcatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit View Post
I don't even think that a majority of the people watching the show outside of Japan are disappointed in any fashion. It's just that the same 10 or so people that keep giving eps 1's are the most vocal in these episode threads. Something they teach you in day 2 of statistics: self-appointed samples are bad because they tend towards strong negative opinions. That is, people with strong negative opinions of something are most likely to speak up.
You know what, it's sad that majority of people are not disappointed in any fashion, as you said. Such people are the reason why we have to watch this crappy animated, filler-infested, low-budget piece of... naruto ;)
Soulcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 00:23   Link #95
Shining Celebi
a

Quote:

What is your basis for your claim that Asians have more patience?

Also, Shippuuden hasn't been doing too fantastic in ratings lately, so I don't think it's just us.
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 01:17   Link #96
Rurik
Golden

I dont really see why people are complaining on Gai speed with 6 gates when he is actually in mid air, is not as opening 6 gates will sundely give him speed to move freely in the air. but one thing for sure is that for been the first time Gai actually has a real fight in the series, this could had been done much better.

The Animation was horrible. and overall the episode was soso.
Old 2007-05-19, 01:22   Link #97
7thFonon
seventh

When I look back and remember the first time I watched Naruto, (episode one to the forest of Chakra), I was like, "wow this anime is awesome". I had no question in my mind at all that Naruto was my favorite anime. And since then I kept watching the series.

Ever since the fillers began...and going into half of Shippuuden, I have said,"I don't know I guess the show's alright" until I figured I was just fooling myself in hopes that the show would revive itself into the emotional, exciting show that I once remembered.
7thFonon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 02:37   Link #98
kishinfoulux

Man the animation and art in general in Shippuuden continues to suck. It doesn't even touch the quality of the original. What the hell is up with that? It's really ruining the series for me. All these cool moments that I was looking forward to, don't even matter anymore since they will be drawn and animated horribly. Blah.
kishinfoulux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 04:16   Link #99
tatami
back in black

what i dont understand is that it has been 14 episodes which is roughly14 weeks.
means that :

are they blind enough not to see this new animation sux hard for 2 and a half month?
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 12:57   Link #100
Shining Celebi
a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
I dont really see why people are complaining on Gai speed with 6 gates when he is actually in mid air, is not as opening 6 gates will sundely give him speed to move freely in the air. but one thing for sure is that for been the first time Gai actually has a real fight in the series, this could had been done much better.

The Animation was horrible. and overall the episode was soso.
He might not be able to move freely, as in change direction in midair, but he should be able to MOVE extremely fast, like Lee did, and like the manga indicates he was with all the speed lines.
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote