4 out of 10 : Poor 6 5.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 11 9.40%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 2.56%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 4.27%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-05-12, 23:14   Link #81
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I enjoyed the episode Maito Gai was awesome . Now I understand reasons behind his huge fandom he is a combo of Bruce lee + Jet Li + Jackie Chan . I liked the filler part in this episode .
Old 2007-05-12, 23:27   Link #82
AznSoulBoy
Syouke

"And the spikes that grew from his Samehadda sword to pierce Kakashi. I wonder if Kisame placed a sort of jutsu on his sword in case that the wrong hands (that are not his) would pick it up."

Pretty easy to figure it out. The sword only obeys their master.
Old 2007-05-13, 06:53   Link #83
tatami
back in black

omg it was painfull...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 09:30   Link #84
Sasuke_Bateman
No

lol i gave it a 10 without seeing it , i wish i could do it again...it was boring
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 11:25   Link #85
EoT
~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznSoulBoy View Post
"And the spikes that grew from his Samehadda sword to pierce Kakashi. I wonder if Kisame placed a sort of jutsu on his sword in case that the wrong hands (that are not his) would pick it up."

Pretty easy to figure it out. The sword only obeys their master.
I think you mean Gai?

I was curious as to the style Kisami was using when he was trying to hit them because his sword doesn't cut, it shaves so it seemed a little different, like he was trying to cut them in this episode.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 13:20   Link #86
EvolutionXI

Even if it shaves, he can still swing it around the same way. He has the strength to back it up. If he does land a hit, rather than just leaving one thin cut, the spikes on Samehada would dig into you and tear out your flesh instead, which would be much worse. He could probably take off limbs too if he swung hard enough.
EvolutionXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 03:35   Link #87
jc1104

Send a message via AIM to jc1104 Send a message via MSN to jc1104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru View Post
only thing i dont like this eps is

sakura once again = douchebag, seriously her POV is not important and wasting screen time on her

Gai = useless mind games again, wasted so much screen time tryin to remember wtf kisame is

rock lee = troll

tentens attack are useless in 1on1 fights, only creates more chaos imo.
The dialogue with Gai and Kisame is actually in the manga xD
jc1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 23:53   Link #88
a hobbit
a hibbity hobbity hooobit

i thought the dialogue between gai and kisame was okay, but since the rest of the episode was soooooo slow paced the banter between them seemed completely pointless since they could be using the time to actually show us some cool fight scenes =P
a hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 09:50   Link #89
Electroguy
An Undisclosed Liability

The Good.
The Kisame fight was good. Quite a few nice moves. No one has yet to go all out.

Gai- He's a funny bastard. I love how they choose to skew what would be a big interest battle scene with some quirky naruto humour.

Itachi Fight is going well.... I'm still confused as to how much is us viewing the encounter through naruto's genjutsu'd perception and how much is real time.

Has Kakshi copyed Mangekyo Sharingan? That would be cool.

The Bad

Ok I hate to side with the angry kids but the timing on this episode was really poor.

An anime doesn't have to be action packed to be good but it has to have some kind of dynamic interest and flow.

All the stare offs was bordering on DBZ madness.

The music was a bit sloppy as well.

==================

Next ep should be win. Hope they don't dwell too much on naruto dealing with the illussion.
Old 2007-05-15, 15:10   Link #90
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abel-kun View Post
i honestly can never see the anime catching the manga at this pace.
I think that's the point.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 16:41   Link #91
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master zoid pilot View Post
Why do we do this every other episode?
people love to complain

Now I must excuse myself, I must dispense more plastic bags for people to put over their heads so then they can beat themselves.

I personally think after finally watching the episode that some people over reacted, but that's just a under statement. Sure there were animation drops, but not as bad as some made it out to be. I was a bit disappointed by the action, too much splashing around from Kisame, sure it looked cool, but it could of been cut down. I was fine w/ Itachi's segment, though they really need to stop making Naruto sound like a dope...2 1/2 years of training and he can't tell he's caught in a genjutsu? ::head to desk::

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2007-05-15 at 17:23.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 17:21   Link #92
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

People are complaining about THIS episode? I haven't had as much fun with a Naruto episode in a long time. We got some nice action and choreography (loved Maito wrestling the sword away with his legs), excellent music, and some interesting plot developments- especially between Kakashi and Itachi. I know it's been said before, but the complaints HAVE to be coming from manga-readers. So much happened this episode.

One thing is for certain...the very large majority of Naruto episodes BEFORE 136 had the same amount happen or less. I think people have just gotten so used to whining about the fillers that it's all they know how to do anymore.
Old 2007-05-15, 18:36   Link #93
Master zoid pilot

Send a message via AIM to Master zoid pilot Send a message via MSN to Master zoid pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit View Post
People are complaining about THIS episode? I haven't had as much fun with a Naruto episode in a long time. We got some nice action and choreography (loved Maito wrestling the sword away with his legs), excellent music, and some interesting plot developments- especially between Kakashi and Itachi. I know it's been said before, but the complaints HAVE to be coming from manga-readers. So much happened this episode.

One thing is for certain...the very large majority of Naruto episodes BEFORE 136 had the same amount happen or less. I think people have just gotten so used to whining about the fillers that it's all they know how to do anymore.
I'm a magna reader you offended me!

nah just j/k

but the last 2 post were correct.

oh and Dj make sure you catch the next ep.....I have a feeling you'll enjoy it.
Master zoid pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 04:37   Link #94
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Damn, there;s no accounting for taste...I actually thought this ep was very good....I think standoffs are good when there's the specter of good fight atmosphere...Team Gai served there purpose this ep, and in shonen fashion a 1 on 1 had to be created for both Gai and Naruto...I can only rate an ep by my actual enjoyment level and not once did this ep really frustrate me...Compared with most of this series this ep ranks as the 3rd or 4th best,...Oh well...

Konohaaaa Shoufuuu!!
was nice!^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post

-Soundtrack.

I hate it. I deeply hate the new soundtrack for Naruto, because it takes out the "hyperactivity" out of Naruto. It took out all the vitamin C ! Similarly, taking out the voice effects and the very "japanese" sounds out of it was such a bad move imo.

I do hope the studios re-think their soundtrack. (No offense to those who love the new soundtrack, I just feel like it lacks energy.)
Finally someone who agrees with me...It pi$$es me off greatly we don't have the hyper-fast action BGM's...What could they have been thinking replacing shonen fun fight music with earthy, calm tracks that don't heighten the moment? I'm making myself try to accept it, but it's tuff...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2007-05-16 at 04:59.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote