5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.88%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-04-01, 20:50   Link #81
DrewGSR

What!!! Death makes its so much better. I dont want see some happy fairy conclusion with people giving up and BS. Im happy that Shinji ended up getting pwned lol.

Hopefully we will see more death in the enxt episodes.
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 21:00   Link #82
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I won't say Shinji's death was pointless, because it made for a good plot twist (OMG BAN ILYA FOR KS) but past that it was. I just don't see the point in killing undeveloped characters, because you can't care about what happens to them one way or another. Shinji was just such a by-the-numbers antagonist that his death was little more than just the plot going through the motions. His death was just so uneventful, that they could have equally written him to the sidelines without killing him, and it wouldn't have made a difference to the plot or his character.

Speaking of "through the motions" that was what this episode felt like. Obviously it was a transition from the Shinji-saga to the Ilya-saga, but as far as events or twists in this ep was concerned, there was nothing big. Personally I think they should have made an effort to make the "Saber-identity" revelation have more impact, but I suppose if they were going to do that, they would have done it during the Rider fight, so they probably missed their oppurtunity.

OMG EVIL SEXUALLY AGGRESSIVE KSING LOLI! Ilya is great. She's so cute, yet so evil. I have to admit though, I do find her difficult to take seriously as a bad guy. I realize her whole point is to highlight the "children are the most capable of being sadistic" theme.... but she's just so damn cute. Let's hope they don't skimp on her background the way they did for Shinji... there's obviously a reason why she's a crazed psychopath, and it'd be nice to know it.

I can't be the only one who kept snickering every time they brought up mana regen. (Yes, for those that have played the game, this is one of those details that everyone knows... whether they've played the game or not). I can't see any reason why they wouldn't do it. I mean, they didn't skimp on the sex in Tsukihime anime.

Overall, average transition episode.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 21:09   Link #83
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
I mean, they didn't skimp on the sex in Tsukihime anime.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-01, 21:14   Link #84
molitar

Man after hearing Ilya I hope she does get killed! Anyone as evil as her deserves to die. She's not happy if she just kills Saber she says she'll come back and kill him, but their is NO NEED after she kills Saber. That is the ultimate evil and the kind of evil that should be killed! The ultimate evil is what Ilya is and just because she's cute others are willing to overlook that. She kills when she doesn't need to. She kills if you don't agree to be her slave. She is EVIL!
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 21:26   Link #85
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

woops double post~ deleted
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 21:28   Link #86
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Man after hearing Ilya I hope she does get killed! Anyone as evil as her deserves to die. She's not happy if she just kills Saber she says she'll come back and kill him, but their is NO NEED after she kills Saber. That is the ultimate evil and the kind of evil that should be killed! The ultimate evil is what Ilya is and just because she's cute others are willing to overlook that. She kills when she doesn't need to. She kills if you don't agree to be her slave. She is EVIL!
yeh she is pretty evil, and ur pretty evil urself thinkin that a lil girl like her should be killed. and when it comes those kinda things, people can get pretty crazy/evil. take shana in shakugen no shana. she became nutz when yuji told her to back off.

anywho, IIya ftw ~

Quote:
I can't be the only one who kept snickering every time they brought up mana regen. (Yes, for those that have played the game, this is one of those details that everyone knows... whether they've played the game or not). I can't see any reason why they wouldn't do it. I mean, they didn't skimp on the sex in Tsukihime anime.
did this sound like a mega spoiler to anyone? wtf >.>
Old 2006-04-01, 21:31   Link #87
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

I think Shinji was more of a coward than a villian. I didnt like the way the battle ended and Shinji's attitude because he died like a punk. He wasn't even a true villian, he was soft. Actually I think he was just trying to survive and earn trust but the way he presented himself nobody trusted him. IMO he died too early.

As for Shinji's death. It was freaking funny. I watched that scen like 5 times to see the expression on Berserker's and Shinji's faces. Shinji: "aww Please dont rape me"
Beserker:"Hmmm.. RAPE!!!! Grarrrrrr."

Illya was the best part of this episode b/c she wanted shiro to be her servant, belonging, or some type of slave.... LLya: " I will protect you forever and ever" "Besides I waited 10 years for this. Shiro become my belonging"
cough loli cough I didnt think she was older that 10.
MarcusG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 21:38   Link #88
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusG
cough loli cough I didnt think she was older that 10.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-01, 21:50   Link #89
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Spoiler:
Then umm.. well..

Illya is twisted. Like it the previous episodes I heard one of the main characters saying that the servants kinda reflects the master's personality. So, looking at Berserker being soo big strong and ruthless, I can see the resemblance.
MarcusG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 21:57   Link #90
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Spoiler:

yay, my life is ruined... got spoiled.. ah well i knew it when i saw "i waited for 10 years"
Old 2006-04-01, 22:49   Link #91
SweetSpring
Garden of Tsubaki
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to SweetSpring
Quote:
Spoiler:
.......then why does Ilya calls him "onii-chan"?!?!?!?
SweetSpring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 23:10   Link #92
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

because a loli looking character not calling the male lead onii chan should be a crime

Quote:
Let me guess, not a fan of the characters that are bad just for people to hate?
Hes a character that you love to hate, I assure you that even though I hate his guts, I throughly enjoy seeing him get whats coming because if his additude and mouth
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 23:43   Link #93
DwArD
mAnIaC

Even though Ilya looked pretty evil in this ep, I still find her kinda attractive and...er.....cute? The only thing that's scaring me is how she can kill Shinji without flinching and....er.....her age .
Old 2006-04-01, 23:52   Link #94
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Ilya looked wayyyy older than the loli look she's been carrying throughout the series. I mean, in this episode she actually was looking her age. I was like.... Whoa how can Shirou not be getting 'excited' from her sitting on his lap like that. Do we have another Hiroki here?
Old 2006-04-01, 23:59   Link #95
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

some of her expressions make her look that way, and I guess Shirou's more freaked out at being tied up in a crazy girls room then with how hot she is...
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-02, 00:32   Link #96
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
I almost felt bad for Shinji when he got clobbered by Berserker xD!

I had a feeling it was going to happen, as there's no way to get off the roof, but to jump or run down the stairs

What I really want to know though is... where the hell has Lancer been! >_<
Old 2006-04-02, 01:09   Link #97
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Eight out of ten for this episode. The actual episode flows a lot better this week, without as many jarring asides as the last one - despite the several flashbacks, they enhance rather than detract from the main experience of this episode.

In reference to Shinji's death... I never hated the character as much as many people here seem to have - in fact, I highly enjoyed him. Certainly, I considered him to be the relative 'scum' of Fate/stay night so far, but all of his scenes were worth watching, he made the show more amusing.

His main crime was, to me, being nowhere near as developed as I would have liked. It would have been so much more interesting to see why Shinji is a twisted and contemptuous psychopath than to, say, have had so much fanservice of his Servant. Sure, market the product, but at least make something there for those who aren't as interested.

Nevertheless, I think that Shinji dying is an important step forward - I am in two minds about the nature of his death. In one sense, i am somewhat relieved that he did not realise the error of his ways and become a monk or some such to atone for it; that would have diluted his character. At the same time though, i would have liked to see some brief flickers of remorse, rather than a cowardly attempt to save his own skin, as we did see.

Still, his death was necessary. Not so much for Shinji's character, but for Ilya's. And, I wish, for Shirou. Shirou hasn't been acting much in character when relating with Shinji - he was, from my watching of the show, a good friend to Shirou before the actual program starts, so Shirou naturally should still have some compassion for the guy. Yes, yes, I'm aware that Shinji has trodden all over that by sucking the life out of the school, imprisoning and abusing Fuji-nee, and generally being a twit, but I didn't mind him doing them, they were useful plot devices. What I did mind was never really seing how Shirou's perspective on one of his oldest friends changed - from one moment of 'hrm, wonder where my ol' buddy Shinji has gone' to 'I will kill you for being a stupid bastard!' Yes, the motivations are there, but we don't see them so much within Shirou.

Anyway, to refer back - Shinji's death is a necessary precursor for us to see what Ilya will be like - or so I am assuming. We've had the nice friendly 'sister' Ilya a few episodes back, which made the Ilya of episode 4 seem incongruous, but now they are revealing more about the 'darker side' of Ilya - where she is perfectly willing and able to order another's death. It is also a nice reflection upon her having some sort of deeper connection with Shirou - Shinji was 'just' another Master, but Shirou is special to her. And that's a nice way to show it - her carelessness to all others, except for him.

It will be interesting to see how Ilya's character evolves in the next episode or two. And also to see how Shirou changes in response - though from the way his attitude to Shinji changed (being off screen and simply assumed), I can't be too hopeful.

As to all the recharging innuendo - I doubt they'll take the game path. The pace of Fate just doesn't seem to be heading towards a sexual element, it would be too incongruous within the context of the rest of the show - fanservice with no respect for the plot (much like a lot of Rider's scenes ). I'm sure they'll amaze us somehow though, or at least attempt to. Will be interesting. ^_^

-Andiyar
Old 2006-04-02, 01:54   Link #98
Fishbait

Wow...Illya..wow lol

ANyways, the "I waited 10 years for this" kind troubles me, I have some good ideas of what that's about (honestly who doesnt..its anime) so it kind ruins my impression of her somewhat :O

Other than that...hmm, a solid episode...seems like people call any episodes without fights "transition" these days :O
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-02, 01:56   Link #99
Takayanagi
^,^

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar
Damn, a Kira supporter
Takayanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-02, 03:36   Link #100
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Spoiler:

Illya -> The loli goddess

I have a bad feeling of Illya dying in the next episodes.