AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-01, 02:38   Link #81
Alchemist007
*Author

Hard to say, the people present still agreed to not spread word about her status.
Old 2024-04-01, 09:49   Link #82
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'd say it's similar to most prejudiced characteristics: there are groups, possibly very large groups, that view them with hatred and will try to kill them if they're found out, groups that see nothing wrong, and groups that are quite aware of their otherness and probably have a lot of feelings about them both good and bad. At the least it's probably best to hide it since she doesn't know what sort of person she's going to run into.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-01, 15:55   Link #83
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I'd say it's similar to most prejudiced characteristics: there are groups, possibly very large groups, that view them with hatred and will try to kill them if they're found out, groups that see nothing wrong, and groups that are quite aware of their otherness and probably have a lot of feelings about them both good and bad. At the least it's probably best to hide it since she doesn't know what sort of person she's going to run into.
I'd definitely agree with this statement.

Naturally, her home village is basically "perfect Philosopher Stone material" thanks to the jerk of a chief (with them eventually getting some much deserved karma when, after she escapes the place, the place goes downhill once the the fortune teller that was the only person nice to Ivy dies). Meanwhile, you have the "fathers" that Ivy meets in her journeys who either realize her status as a 0-star tamer or are eventually informed of it, but are still nice to her.

As mentioned, the prejudice towards 0-stars is an issue, and even when others are impressed with what Ivy is capable of doing despite this, I can understand the reasoning why she and those nice people who eventually find out would keep it a secret, as the last thing people would want to see is her getting killed just because of her lack of stars.
Old 2024-04-07, 23:48   Link #84
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Finished it, throughly enjoyed it, even if the stakes were low because of the way they handled Ivy's character, I wonder how far along the source material is and what are the chances of it ever getting a second season, because I would totally watch it

Tags
outcast, young heroine