AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-10-29, 23:53   Link #81
Greenish Growth

His old comrades were actually a bit smarter in this part compared to the average Japanese web novel expulsion party group. They actually admitted that he had SOME use. Usually they never want to admit to it under penalty of torture. Expulsion/banishment mangas and light novels are better written than the average amateur written web novel however so it's probably not true about those (I haven't read a lot of them).

It was fun seeing Zamaa in anime form because I haven't seen it much yet. I might feel differently after seeing bunch of times later though.

Sometimes Zamaa can go too far and I start to feel sorry for them. Like when an Elf girl lost her hair, got boils all over her body, etc. among other things. It felt like a "Torture the Zamaa Characters" story.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-30, 01:24   Link #82
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I mean, Rein definitely beat Arios up...
A few shots in but then he just got knocked out from fright .
Old 2022-10-30, 04:39   Link #83
Lex79

It went better than I was expecting. Rein didn't have any intention to join back the hero's party and punched him without a second thought when he insulted his companions. Then we got the duels where the hero's party was curbstomped and Rein expressed some legitimate satisfaction for beating the man who treated him like trash.
Tania also gave us a little spoiler that we might get a goddess in the harem...curious to see if it turns out to be true.
Old 2022-10-30, 04:47   Link #84
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
It went better than I was expecting. Rein didn't have any intention to join back the hero's party and punched him without a second thought when he insulted his companions. Then we got the duels where the hero's party was curbstomped and Rein expressed some legitimate satisfaction for beating the man who treated him like trash.
Tania also gave us a little spoiler that we might get a goddess in the harem...curious to see if it turns out to be true.
The only one it could refer to is the Kitsune in the outro.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-30, 08:39   Link #85
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
A few shots in but then he just got knocked out from fright .
From sheer impact and awesomeness on Rein's part .
Old 2022-10-30, 17:24   Link #86
Strahan

Funny how the people who write these things so often make the bad guys so stupidly over the top with their attitudes. Being dismissive and arrogant would be fine, but the writer dials it up to eleven. You'd think if they are trying to get him to come back, they'd at least put on a veneer of geniality to try to sway him. Especially being dicks right after he agreed.

It would've been funny if after the fight Rein is like "yea, I would've hit him hard but I pulled my punch at the end" and Kanade'd say "I kicked him a bit harder than I intended, oops" but then Tania is like uhhhh oh, uhh we weren't supposed to be serious?? Oops. I didn't like their attitudes so I burned the arms off both of those bitches, d'oh" lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-05, 10:36   Link #87
Rasty

I wonder whether Rein will actually give the shield to the Hero. After all, I am pretty sure that in the next episode he is gonna use it (despite supposedly no one except the Hero being capable of that). Also, I am pretty sure that the current Hero party can't defeat the Demon King no matter how much OP gear the Hero gets.

And yeah, they might have gotten a light PTSD from the "persuasion", but no turning into better people happened. They are still arrogant stupid pricks, just ones that also fear the girls.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-05, 12:24   Link #88
Frontier

A mysterious and haunting forest isn't the most romantic place to take two girls...although unsurprisingly Tania's first response is to burn it all to cinders .

I love Tania bullying the Hero's Party into apologizing to Rein more sincerely. And then she and Kanade aren't going to let Arios act all high and mighty about Rein still doing the job .

Kanade's cute, but she needs Tania-sensei to explain things in more basic terms !

So we finally meet our next Ultimate Species! A fairy! And she's quite the cutie! But fairies are pretty distrusting and biased against humans, what with their harsh treatment of the forests, so initially she wants nothing to do with Rein. But if there's anything Rein's learned as a Beast Tamer, it's how to get through to someone even when they're immediately hostile towards you. And even if it takes getting hit a few times by her Illusion Arrows, Rein is able to prove to Sora that she can trust him .

"You're too nice for your own good" but that's why you girls love him !

Oh wow, Sora just popped out and brought the shield they were after like it was nothing. That was more anticlimactic than I was expecting .

Anyone who has seen the OP and ED know Sora has a twin sister, Runa, who sounds more energetic and upbeat compared to her older sister, but it turns out she was basically kidnapped by a Shadow Knight in the Demon Lord's army and poor Sora had no recourse but to abandon her rather than risk the whole fairy village. And the fairies are too worried about their own security to risk themselves for Runa, feeling the girls brought this on themselves for leaving the barrier. Ouch .

So if the Shadow Knight is stronger against magic users but weaker against physical attacks, can't they just sick Kanade on him ?

Of course Rein isn't going to leave Sora high and dry, and he and his party agree to help Sora save her sister! it was about time Rein added some new girls to his Harem anyways .

That's a pretty ominous ending with Runa chained to a tree while the Shadow Knight looks intimidatingly at the camera .
Old 2022-11-05, 15:08   Link #89
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
I wonder whether Rein will actually give the shield to the Hero. After all, I am pretty sure that in the next episode he is gonna use it (despite supposedly no one except the Hero being capable of that). Also, I am pretty sure that the current Hero party can't defeat the Demon King no matter how much OP gear the Hero gets.

And yeah, they might have gotten a light PTSD from the "persuasion", but no turning into better people happened. They are still arrogant stupid pricks, just ones that also fear the girls.
I'm thinking that either the shield is destroyed in the next battle or it turns out that Rein is the true hero that can use it.
Old 2022-11-05, 15:37   Link #90
Magewolf

Rats,the fairy did not kill him. Then the girls could have gone on by themselves in a better show.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-05, 18:25   Link #91
Rasty

^ That's an interesting concept for a LN:
勇者はあまりに無様だったので、ヒロインだけで魔王お倒しに行ってみた。
「The hero was too unusable, so we heroines went to kill the Demon Lord alone」
Old 2022-11-05, 22:42   Link #92
grecefar

Rein is so insanely kind that is disgusting.

Yeah, pretty much.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-07, 01:21   Link #93
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
^ That's an interesting concept for a LN:
勇者はあまりに無様だったので、ヒロインだけで魔王お倒しに行ってみた。
「The hero was too unusable, so we heroines went to kill the Demon Lord alone」
Personally, I'd prefer one where the hero is the "damsel in distress". You never actually meet him, just his harem and you get to know him through the girls' motivations for wanting to save him as they grow together.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-07, 06:56   Link #94
SidVicious
Anime addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Rein is so insanely kind that is disgusting.

Yeah, pretty much.
Being a good person is bad now?
Old 2022-11-07, 14:41   Link #95
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
Being a good person is bad now?
It's a problem of believability. If the "kindness" exceeds a certain level without being given a reason for it, the person starts to look more and more like either hypocrite or mentally retarded. This is especially true if the kindness is to everyone and even including people who clearly had (and still have) malice toward the person.

As a counterexample of someone excessively kind, where however it is very well written for him to not cross the line is Saihate no Paladin. Straight away we are given 2 reasons why he is acting like that, he frequently shows other emotions, and he acts hostilely towards some "people" (demons).

What annoys me the most is Rein's constant smile. He might have been a bit more bearable if the default was neutral, but this way he seems just weird. Btw. for another example of a constantly lightly smiling character there is Gin Ichimaru.
Old 2022-11-07, 17:56   Link #96
Frontier

We saw with Arios and Co. that Rein has a limit to what he'll stomach and he can hold a grudge, he's just generally pretty pleasant otherwise.
Old 2022-11-08, 10:09   Link #97
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Exactly. He's just a generally nice person and has had enough of pain in his life that he doesn't want to see others hurt. He has a high threshold, but he's not so kind that he'll just cheerfully greet them like old friends. He tried to simply ignore them and not look back. He only agreed to help them because they convinced him it was necessary to defeat the Demon King. And that point isn't a matter of kindness or even just feeling obligated, it's connected to his backstory: the Demon King brings with him an increase in monsters and monster attacks, meaning the longer he's allowed to grow in power the more likely it is that more kids will suffer his fate. Even then he was reluctant and wouldn't take Arios insulting his new friends. He's kind, yes, but he's no pushover.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-12, 13:30   Link #98
Frontier

Time to triple-team the Shadow Knight to save Runa! While Rein and Kanade engage him physically, Tania will save Runa! Some nice teamwork !

So Rein can boost his comrades' powers through a long-lost spell that comes naturally to Beast Tamers from Rein's homeland? Checks out. And then Kanade just one-shots the Shadow Knight to pieces with one punch !

I don't know what's better, Rein taking it as an insult to be compared to the hero, Tania's blush at him complimenting her, or Kanade's victory dance .

Sora and Runa are finally reunited! And we can properly see how the two sisters are different. Runa is a lot more crass and outspoken compared to her more demure, polite, sister, and it makes them a pretty entertaining pair of twins .

Well, yeah, I can kind of understand being a little miffed at your people for basically writing off your sister to die...but that's the perfect opportunity to join up with Rein and become part of his Harem! And we get two additions to Rein's party and Kanade and Tania are already reeling from having twins for competition .

Arios still Arios and can't even believe Rein brought the real shield of truth with him. Trash to the bitter end .

Objectively the Hero's Party can't deny that Rein is a valuable asset and that they might need him...yet whatever their promise they're still only begrudgingly willing to work with him again as a compromise and not because they truly value him as a comrade because they never did. And who would want to party with these guys instead of Rein's party of cute and kind girls ?

And the party show their true colors when they completely write off Rein for not wanting to join up with them again, but at least they seem content to ignore him and go on their way...which is better than Arios who seems to be planning to outright kill Rein in revenge. Jeez dude .

Huh, if the Hero who is going to defeat the Demon Lord has a "Limit Break" ability that means they have unlimited potential...then isn't that Rein on paper? Because he keeps wracking up powers and abilities from his contracts with Ultimate Species, he actually defeated a solider in the Demon Lord's army, and he's more powerful than the supposed actual Hero .

Rein himself actually does want to defeat the Demon Lord, and the girls will follow him wherever he goes, but it seems like Rein is going to work himself up to when he feels confident he can take on the Demon Lord. Which for this show probably means building up his Harem more !
Old 2022-11-12, 14:28   Link #99
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I can see why they didn't do that (because it's a pain in the ass to animate), but I wish they'ld let Tania's wings out the entire time. Makes her look less like a lizard

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-12, 17:27   Link #100
cyberdemon

So the first hero made a pact with the gods. Maybe he was actually a beast tamer like Rein and like Rein made contracts with the strongest races. Maybe Rein and his village are direct descendants and Arios is just a branch family that just happened to benefit lol