AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-05-06, 19:17   Link #81
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I would have thought it was too good to be true and someone was trying to play a trick on me.
Especially saying she was willing to be your side-piece. No relationship is that convenient .
Old 2020-05-07, 17:57   Link #82
4th Dimension

No free lunch...

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-09, 12:13   Link #83
Frontier

"Social distancing?" "You're too close?" Lino's plan to keep people apart? hitting too close to home right now .

Who knew not being student council president would not only be so beneficial to Shirogane's mental health but make him more popular with the ladies? Too bad it wasn't with the lady he wanted to be popular with .

So Kaguya apparently has a fetish for Shirogane's sleep-deprived eyes, so much so that just seeing it again is enough to get her hot-and-bothered. True Love or not, I agree with Lino that these two are perfect for each other .

I love how Kashiwagi is so aware of Kaguya's double-talk that she can see through it completely. Poor girl is stuck being the secret confidant of a sheltered girl who turns out to be a hopeless romantic with quirky friends .

It's time for another "Fujiwara teaches a hopeless Shirogane" story! Fujiwara didn't want to do it again but she couldn't help herself, so she commits herself to teaching Shirogane how to sing. If only to satisfy the paintings of classical musicians everywhere. And she succeeds so well that she's brought to tears during a very story appropriate school anthem .

Oh hey, I think I saw Hayasaka and Kaguya standing together and singing during the assembly .

Figures Kaguya would try to play hard ball to make sure Shirogane runs unopposed, but she wasn't prepared for someone as steadfast and committed as Iino...nor that Iino would unknowingly sway her just by insinuating that Kaguya and Shirogane are thick as thieves in every way imaginable through their perceived duplicity. Although just like with Fujiwara Iino had her until the "no romance" thing .

Last edited by Frontier; 2020-05-09 at 12:55.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-09, 12:16   Link #84
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
"Social distancing?" "You're too close?" Lino's plan to keep people apart? hitting too close to home right now .

Who knew not being student council president would not only be so beneficial to Shirogane's mental health but make him more popular with the ladies? Too bad it wasn't with the lady he wanted to be popular with .

So Kaguya apparently has a fetish for Shirogane's sleep-deprived eyes, so much so that just seeing it again is enough to get her hot-and-bothered. True Love or not, I agree with Lino that these two are perfect for each other .

I love how Kashiwagi is so aware of Kaguya's double-talk that she can see through it completely. Poor girl is stuck being the secret confidant of a sheltered girl who turns out to be a hopeless romantic with quirky friends .

It's time for another "Fujiwara teaches a hopeless Shirogane" story! Fujiwara didn't want to do it again but she couldn't help herself, so she commits herself to teaching Shirogane how to sing. If only to satisfy the paintings of classical musicians everywhere. And she succeeds so well that she's brought to tears during a very story appropriate school anthem .

Oh hey, I think I saw Hayasaka and Kaguya standing together and singing during the assembly .

Figures Kaguya would try to play hard ball to make sure Shirogane runs unopposed, but she wasn't prepared for someone as steadfast and committed as Lino...nor that Lino would unknowingly sway her just by insinuating that Kaguya and Shirogane are thick as thieves in every way imaginable through their perceived duplicity. Although just like with Fujiwara Lino had her until the "no romance" thing .
Her name is Iino, with two Is.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-09, 12:53   Link #85
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Her name is Iino, with two Is.
Dang it, I did it again .
Old 2020-05-09, 14:06   Link #86
4th Dimension

Actually, there is quite a few characters who will appear later or get better introduced later in that assembly.

And so Kashiwagi starts being a better source of advice than Kaguya's present advisors like Hasayaka (more of a realist, but still a product of Shinomiya sheltered and evil upbringing) and Chika (CHAOS).

Old 2020-05-09, 15:34   Link #87
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Actually, there is quite a few characters who will appear later or get better introduced later in that assembly.

And so Kashiwagi starts being a better source of advice than Kaguya's present advisors like Hasayaka (more of a realist, but still a product of Shinomiya sheltered and evil upbringing) and Chika (CHAOS).
I think if Kashiwagi was dragged into Kaguya's romantic plots to the degree Hayasaka is then she'd be as aggressive about moving things forward. Hayasaka can't even take a bath in peace with the way things are . Kashiwagi has the right level of distance to be able to offer good advice without being hurried about things moving forward.
Old 2020-05-09, 18:02   Link #88
4th Dimension

Well, Hasayaka has to put up with Kaguya's nonsense and offers advice because she has direct infro on everything Kaguya plots.

Kaguya on the other hand only involves Kashiwagi when she needs "expert opinion".

Old 2020-05-09, 18:34   Link #89
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It really doesn't work as well when they try to fit four chapters instead of three into an episode. Cutting Kaguya asking Hayasaka for advice first particularly hurt, because it downplays their relationship and also because it was really funny.

Glad they adapted another mommy Fujiwara chapter. She really was incredibly naive to believe he was "kind of" bad.

Despite becoming flustered a lot more easily lately, Kaguya has retained her devious side. We probably don't want to know what she did to that guy.
Old 2020-05-09, 19:14   Link #90
Wandering Soul

This episode felt a bit too packed for it's own good. We dd get another Fujiwara training segment though and those are always good.
Old 2020-05-09, 20:20   Link #91
Decel

Fujiwara crying like a proud mother was hilarious.

Though if they packed more than they can chew then I agree it was too loaded of an episode. They should know better than to cut Hayasaka segments.
Old 2020-05-09, 20:43   Link #92
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I think if Kashiwagi was dragged into Kaguya's romantic plots to the degree Hayasaka is then she'd be as aggressive about moving things forward. Hayasaka can't even take a bath in peace with the way things are . Kashiwagi has the right level of distance to be able to offer good advice without being hurried about things moving forward.
Look how exhausted she got after one attempt at consoling Kaguya .
Old 2020-05-09, 20:59   Link #93
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Kaguya once winced at seeing Kashiwagi become a couple after her requests for advice.
Now it's Kashiwagi's time to cringe at Kaguya.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-09, 21:01   Link #94
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Chika really should of quit when she was ahead and let Miyuki keep lip singing but at less she is a good teacher
Old 2020-05-09, 21:01   Link #95
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Kaguya once winced at seeing Kashiwagi become a couple after her requests for advice.
Now it's Kashiwagi's time to cringe at Kaguya.
When the pupil becomes the master...
Old 2020-05-10, 04:02   Link #96
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It really doesn't work as well when they try to fit four chapters instead of three into an episode. Cutting Kaguya asking Hayasaka for advice first particularly hurt, because it downplays their relationship and also because it was really funny.
Especially since it was her trolling that led Kaguya to think about true love.

Quote:
Despite becoming flustered a lot more easily lately, Kaguya has retained her devious side. We probably don't want to know what she did to that guy.
My guess is that he used to be obese and she has the pictures to prove it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-10, 06:29   Link #97
4th Dimension

Yeah this episode wasn't as great as the previous one which actually ELEVATED the material in enjoyment for me. Too much stuff left off both funny (Hasayaka and Kaguya moment) and VERY IMPORTANT (the entire bit where Kaguya states that she could get used to glareless Shirogane if it leads to his healthier life).
The way anime puts it she is in it solely for the physical side, while manga tried to go for a more nuanced idea that sure, you can love someone as a person, but for a romantic attraction there should or will need to be some PHYSICAL attraction. Which is a VERY rare thing in Romcom ESPECIALLY for a female characters who always are portrayed as pure.

On the good side, I'm actually suprised they managed to portray the ULTIMATE GLARE form that well. Still not as good in manga but pretty damn close. I think having him animated in such an eratic fashion almost as an inhuman monster along with his voice added to the feeling of inhumanity.

Same goes for Shirogane singing.

Old 2020-05-10, 07:50   Link #98
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

yay another Fuji-mom's chapter... what anime did better is the lyrics of the national anthem
When it hit "we are thankful to our mother", Fuji-mom just can't hold it anymore

That glare chapter should be longer because it is actually really funny.. But they cut it short because they want to rush to election chapter next episode

It is really funny when Iino managed to offer better deal to Kaguya
although her reaction is just exactly the same with prez and Ishigami when she heard that Fujiwara is the vice prez
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-10, 12:04   Link #99
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
My guess is that he used to be obese and she has the pictures to prove it.
If he's been here since elementary school like the majority of the students, they'd know about it. We saw Kaguya had Hayasaka attempt to dig out dirt about Miko's parents, so probably something related to his own parents.
Old 2020-05-10, 16:21   Link #100
VTHokiePride

Somehow I managed to marathon season 1 in a few days and get fully caught up today.

Hayasaka has become new best girl replacing Chika as my number 1. I think last week's episode with the confession was the best episode for the entire series.

Aside from that, did anyone want to go and give Chika a hug after she started crying because she was proud of Shirogane?

Tags
rom com