AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-05-15, 01:47   Link #81
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

^^ It's Impossible. Dorsen still in denial with Yuri telling lies. He is so stupid that there are no cure for his stupidity much like 2nd prince. Inside his head only muscle no brain. He most likely consider Iris change for good.
sandhy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 01:56   Link #82
Yoburi

I read this novel but damn there many pointless chapters like when Iris decide to take a walk or visit some location that shit could be skip.

But the real drama and revenge from what the 4 idoits and Yuri did to her only takes a small part of the story, love how the Iris mom destroys the moron brother and how Iris fucks the pope but the other 2 and Yuri are still punished free when there was oportunity to make them eat a loss.

I also not a fan of Iris getting a man at all every single bastard trying to get close to her is a two face asshole it would be much better for her to just be lesbian with Tanya and be done.

The whole Dean thing is garbage the hints are there that they will be together at the end even when he did nothing but manipulated Yuri and control Iris (if the spoilers i read are right lol). So fuck him too and his half brother too. In fact besides the old queen everybody there can fucking die in a war.

Iris mother for the best character and one of the best moms i read in novels i wish there were POVs from her and also she could pretty much take revenge for Iris all the way to Yuri if she really wanted. Maybe she should be the MC of this novel and isnted of boring chapters of Iris working and aimless visting places we could have a mother revenge for her daughter a much better novel.
Yoburi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 02:00   Link #83
travelingbum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoburi View Post
The whole Dean thing is garbage the hints are there that they will be together at the end even when he did nothing but manipulated Yuri and control Iris (if the spoilers i read are right lol).
yeah the spoilers you read are off.......
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 02:44   Link #84
Yoburi

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingbum View Post
yeah the spoilers you read are off.......
Yeah i wasn`t sure about that but Yuri wanted to destroy the kingdom and the first prince wanted to destroy the 2 prince faction and he help her back to the kingdom even if her mother kill his mother.

Now even if this is off i find hard to belive the first prince didn`t have anything to do with Yuri returning and the whole break up of iris engagement if you think about Yuri actions is only helping him get the throne.
Old 2016-05-15, 03:00   Link #85
travelingbum

Dean didn't help Yuri... so where you getting your spoilers from? lol

1st prince wants to build up his own power to protect himself and his little sister since they are still currently being protected by the power of their grandmother.
from a hetare father, evil mother-in-law, other nobles.

and Yuri causing the 2nd prince to be even stupider goes both ways..... there are those that want a puppet king after all.
also Yuri wanting to destroy the kingdom isn't 100% certain yet.... she wants everything atm.
Old 2016-05-15, 11:12   Link #86
Yoburi

There are 2 things i can say for sure about Yuri first she isn`t a fool in fact she is quite intelligent and a master manipulator a real man eater and second somebody is backing her up and that person isn`t the Baron her cunt father that she probably hate.

Now that person could be a foreing power and she is a spy or it could be the 2 prince mother but i find that unlike since Yuri is manipulating her own son or the first prince.

Well i hate Yuri for the right reasons she is a damn good villain but when she says lets disband the militar i imagine the royal capital in flames.
Old 2016-05-15, 11:35   Link #87
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

Quote:
There are 2 things i can say for sure about Yuri first she isn`t a fool in fact she is quite intelligent and a master manipulator a real man eater and second somebody is backing her up and that person isn`t the Baron her cunt father that she probably hate.

Now that person could be a foreing power and she is a spy or it could be the 2 prince mother but i find that unlike since Yuri is manipulating her own son or the first prince.

Well i hate Yuri for the right reasons she is a damn good villain but when she says lets disband the militar i imagine the royal capital in flames.
the one who backing her up is her mother's family, cuz her mom is a daughter of last wars' enemies' duke
in other word she is 2nd generation spy in order destroyed the empire from inside. . .

you'll undertand it if you reread the chapter where Iris father tell her from where that fake-heroine's mother came from. . .

“Excuse me, two of this [squeezed raw milk soft cream] please!”

Kazuki spontaneously read the menu frankly without even questioning it.

“Otouto-kun…that item’s name, make me feel so complicated somehow…”

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 13:06   Link #88
yulinard

Quote:
She just being airhead. Disbanding royal military meaning there will be many unemployed guards whom many of them came from Armenia dukedom, while Armenia Duke still have his private army. That's practically handing over the throne to Prime Minister.
yulinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 16:47   Link #89
travelingbum

well that short 5 ch update

Iris going there personally since 2 weeks have already passed and no report.
and we get to see that Dorsen is thought of as a hot blooded justice idiot.
Old 2016-05-16, 07:55   Link #90
Namorax

Former next pope?

Huh?
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 09:19   Link #91
pervypig

Just a thought, it's fine if you guys ignore it as the ramblings of some random mug...

Have anyone ever tried making stuff that originate from another country back home? Well, I visited China some yrs back and took a look at how bean sprouts are produced from soya. My wife loves Jap Ramen with bean sprouts so I figured that I can try making them myself since it all looked so simplistic. The resulting sprouts didn't taste like it should. It's bean sprout, but the crunchiness just aint there. Now, the moral of this story is that trying to learn and adapt a technique from elsewhere is not impossible, but failures occur far more than imagined.

Whenever I read these fantasy stories where the protagonists get reincarnated or transported to another world and then start introducing advanced tech like Duke's Daughter, Hachinan, Smartphone, etc. etc. I can't help but scoff at how easy it is for them to get accepted with no thought to the local ecology and culture. Potatoes arrived from the New World to Europe in 1548, but took a friggin' 40 yrs for it to get accepted as a staple food. Tomatoes arrived around the same era, and our moronic ancestors considered them as toxic (to be fair, tomatoes are of the nightshade family, so there are toxic varieties). Need I mention how long it actually take for Japan to open its doors after the arrival of the first European on its shores?

I'm not ranting that these fantasy stories are too unrealistic and therefore escapist, rather it would be nice if more details can be made about the fantasy societies and their culture before throwing the reader to a success story you can read on a pop-up scam ad.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 09:31   Link #92
mlovolm

^Novels,they re fking WN,LN & Manga dudeeeee
the authors probably dont give a shit abt reality,neither the readers -_-

re we going to read them for entertainment or to gain some grains of history,science knowledge?????
mlovolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 09:40   Link #93
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
Just a thought, it's fine if you guys ignore it as the ramblings of some random mug...

Have anyone ever tried making stuff that originate from another country back home? Well, I visited China some yrs back and took a look at how bean sprouts are produced from soya. My wife loves Jap Ramen with bean sprouts so I figured that I can try making them myself since it all looked so simplistic. The resulting sprouts didn't taste like it should. It's bean sprout, but the crunchiness just aint there. Now, the moral of this story is that trying to learn and adapt a technique from elsewhere is not impossible, but failures occur far more than imagined.

Whenever I read these fantasy stories where the protagonists get reincarnated or transported to another world and then start introducing advanced tech like Duke's Daughter, Hachinan, Smartphone, etc. etc. I can't help but scoff at how easy it is for them to get accepted with no thought to the local ecology and culture. Potatoes arrived from the New World to Europe in 1548, but took a friggin' 40 yrs for it to get accepted as a staple food. Tomatoes arrived around the same era, and our moronic ancestors considered them as toxic (to be fair, tomatoes are of the nightshade family, so there are toxic varieties). Need I mention how long it actually take for Japan to open its doors after the arrival of the first European on its shores?

I'm not ranting that these fantasy stories are too unrealistic and therefore escapist, rather it would be nice if more details can be made about the fantasy societies and their culture before throwing the reader to a success story you can read on a pop-up scam ad.
I'm not disagreeing with you on the practicalities for the most part but have you ever heard the phase "in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king"? In a land without chocolate, even moderate quality chocolate is going to be better than no chocolate. Something different and new (particularly if popularised by cheat mothers) can be successful even if it's not especially great by later standards.

I agree that this series (and many other series) could have had a more realistic take on this sort of thing. However, it wouldn't necessarily have made for a better story - if anything, the first volume of Duke's Daughter gets way too bogged down in dry technicalities.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 10:05   Link #94
pervypig

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlovolm View Post
^Novels,they re fking WN,LN & Manga dudeeeee
the authors probably dont give a shit abt reality,neither the readers -_-

re we going to read them for entertainment or to gain some grains of history,science knowledge?????
As I said, its just my own ramblings. I dun believe it should be said that otakus are brain-dead people because they enjoy reading and viewing the brain-dead fantasies of another brain-dead person. Rather, I think authors who actually respect their readers' intelligence are deserving less praise than they should.

Quote:
I'm not disagreeing with you on the practicalities for the most part but have you ever heard the phase "in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king"? In a land without chocolate, even moderate quality chocolate is going to be better than no chocolate. Something different and new (particularly if popularised by cheat mothers) can be successful even if it's not especially great by later standards.

I agree that this series (and many other series) could have had a more realistic take on this sort of thing. However, it wouldn't necessarily have made for a better story - if anything, the first volume of Duke's Daughter gets way too bogged down in dry technicalities.
To be frank, I don't really mind reading easy success stories if they provide enough basis for it. Scammers do that quickly and repeatedly with visible success all the time. But those all short term ones. Consider the following:

I. A hero landed in a foreign land all alone, with absolutely no knowledge of the place and no superpower, struggled for more than 20 years of his life, experimenting and improvising, using nothing but his grit and mettle to carve out a legendary empire.

II. A handsome-lec granted god-powers by some big-boobed loli goddess who just love him and decide to help him make a harem of every single girl imaginable. Said handsome-lec touch the soil and a tree sprouting golden fruits grew in 10sec. An empire is named after Mr. handsome-lec.

Who would you rather root for? I'm pretty sure everyone would wanna be II, but II makes for a rather shallow story.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 11:25   Link #95
mlovolm

it depends on what im looking for
if i want to read a novel just to entertain then 2 is what i suppose to choose, if i mistake to pick something of 1 when i'm looking for something like 2, then i'll probably pass it 'n keep on searching (vice versa obviously)

the novel is abt "accomplishments of duke's daughter",so what i want to see when i read it is how the reincarnation thingy will be used 'n how "OP" re the memories

if u're the writer,u wouldn't have one of her very 1st "inventions/ideas" to become "accomplishment" after like 40 years,when she is already almost 50 y.o n the novel is going to end already,right?
n its possible for the idea to success fast because she is the daughter of a duke, not just a normal,ordinary person,or a merchant
('n lets just say the people in different world also have different view toward new things from people on earth lol)

authors suppose to supply what the readers want to see, n of course what the novel suppose to supply, adequately
some seeks for stupidness, ease, everything in fast pace, some with lots of academic stuff, it's unessessary to supply what they're not seeking for, or rather should not
mlovolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 11:30   Link #96
yulinard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
To be frank, I don't really mind reading easy success stories if they provide enough basis for it. Scammers do that quickly and repeatedly with visible success all the time. But those all short term ones. Consider the following:

I. A hero landed in a foreign land all alone, with absolutely no knowledge of the place and no superpower, struggled for more than 20 years of his life, experimenting and improvising, using nothing but his grit and mettle to carve out a legendary empire.

II. A handsome-lec granted god-powers by some big-boobed loli goddess who just love him and decide to help him make a harem of every single girl imaginable. Said handsome-lec touch the soil and a tree sprouting golden fruits grew in 10sec. An empire is named after Mr. handsome-lec.

Who would you rather root for? I'm pretty sure everyone would wanna be II, but II makes for a rather shallow story.
Not every writer are good enough to pull story I since they are different genre than story II. To write story I you need to create good a background before creating single character, while to write story II all you have to do is to create a single character that everyone like and give him/her plot armor and throw anything at him/her. Its clear story I need more skill to pull than story II.

There are many story I look a like in syosetu, all you have to do is to dig it yourself. But you can consider story I is like Game of Throne while story II is like Harry Potter. Each book have their own audience.
Old 2016-05-20, 20:55   Link #97
rantaid

i have a different issue reading this.

sure, that this wn, like many other wn,ln,anime and manga loves to oversimplify anything (modern convenient knowledge) which often cost them suspension of disbelief if you know them personally in the name of artistic license. but seeing the illustration is already carricaturely drawn in exaggerated shoujo style, it is hard to take it seriously as High Fantasy literature which bound to realistic medieval setting. so i think it is fine.

rather, i started to get tired of Different character point of view which serve as nothing more than to flagellate the main character to show off the main character greatness (which IMO is unnecessary), instead of plot point to develop or build up the suspense for the flow of narration.

each time different character point of view were brought, i as the reader was forced to stay down and listen/read of how amazing the main character is which instead of making me admire , it made me feel that the main character became a drivel like mary sue. man.... alright! alright already! sure i know main character is great, but no need to whisper them each every moment from each of any POV, man.... just chillax.
rantaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 22:45   Link #98
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

Beside, this novel MC past life is an accountant, so she has a bit cheat-like knowledge in this area for her family fief growth. her love life is just a bonus.
well that's my thought tho.

“Excuse me, two of this [squeezed raw milk soft cream] please!”

Kazuki spontaneously read the menu frankly without even questioning it.

“Otouto-kun…that item’s name, make me feel so complicated somehow…”

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 23:13   Link #99
rantaid

@Riz

well, the only magical things about her skill is her bit of knowledge in playing the ledger. some of her business strategy is just innovation (a business in newfound field), as she herself already cautioned about the danger of competitor.

secondly, man.... that Yuri is like template copy of Rose of Versailles's Marie Antonniette.
rantaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 23:25   Link #100
yulinard

Also most of the improvement are done by her underlings. Chocolate for example she only know that lots of sugar was added and let her chef do the rest.

The rest are pretty much progressive idea like separating public and personal funds.