2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-02-12, 05:24   Link #81
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Yep. It counted down to zero quickly as well just before it melted.
That is a game mechanic where you used a flame thrower to instantly complete a shipgirl building.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 05:50   Link #82
game2007

Since bauxite is treated like food here, we're really going to see the girls literally eat rock?
game2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 05:57   Link #83
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
i must say i didnt expect shoukaku to wear that.... not that im complaining <3
Expecting the unexpected... Great job Iori-chan..

I never playing the game, but I'm enjoyed this episode
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 06:27   Link #84
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaans View Post
And I thought Akagi was the only glutton in the fleet. But I guess that adds to Kaga's charm.
*cough*Nagato*cough*Mutsu*cough*Yamato*cough*
Old 2015-02-12, 06:35   Link #85
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
*cough*Nagato*cough*Mutsu*cough*Yamato*cough*
Also Kongou Kai-2 don't lose to Nagato-class by much. Of course, Yamato just beat everyone else. Her plate should be at least three times bigger than Kaga.
Old 2015-02-12, 07:05   Link #86
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

NSFW
Most Delicious Ingredient
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 07:42   Link #87
Qikz

Kongou thinking about me all the time in the anime and the way she reacts makes me do the same. It can't be helpedネ! Awesome episode and I'm glad I started playing the game recently, because I got to know some of the characters (aka the Akatsuki sisters) before they got "their" episode and it made it much better
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 08:07   Link #88
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
NSFW
Turns out its not love, its crane Speaking of, I'm surprised the akatsukis dodged that cliche, even though they're perfect for it. I guess you had to give poor Ashigara a fighting chance.

Zuikaku has some pretty nice legs too.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 08:25   Link #89
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
NSFW
Spoiler:
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 09:06   Link #90
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by game2007 View Post
Since bauxite is treated like food here, we're really going to see the girls literally eat rock?
Well considering how Kongou's fist could repell a cannon shell assume that her theeth can probably also chew on metal too.

There is a reason you see none of them being married, I guess
Just imagine sitting on a date with someone chewing on something hard enough to cause major blunt force trauma.

One of the Mangas even has an O-make where nagato is too strong to throw an orange from one of her hands to the other without the orange completely exploding.

So yeah Ashigara not finding a man is probably not as unnatural as one would think

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Also Kongou Kai-2 don't lose to Nagato-class by much. Of course, Yamato just beat everyone else. Her plate should be at least three times bigger than Kaga.
Yeah...Pretty much half the daily regeneration if fully depleted I think.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 09:47   Link #91
game2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Well considering how Kongou's fist could repell a cannon shell assume that her theeth can probably also chew on metal too.
That's why I like to imagine ship girls as being either cyborgs or androids.

Last edited by game2007; 2015-02-12 at 09:50. Reason: adding a word
game2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 09:52   Link #92
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
That's why I like to imagine ship girls being either cyborgs or androids.
Strange cyborgs or androids to be bad with spicy things, or get a bump after hitting the head.

Quote:
She didn't actually repel that shell with her bare hand. It bounced off her barrier in front of her hand.
Old 2015-02-12, 09:55   Link #93
cloud04
Scanlator

flagship protection \o/
Old 2015-02-12, 10:19   Link #94
Seihai
スマイリウム

Kitakami confirmed that it's actually unsafe being the flagship when she worried about Ooi. We also saw this when Fubuki played the decoy so I don't think the FS protection mechanics exist. Like Kakurin-san said, Kongou basically used her barrier which in her case represents a battleship's sturdy armour.

Also if they're really cyborgs or androids then Kongou attempted to murder the admiral when she assault-jumped at Ooyodo because if it had been the admiral he would have probably been literally crushed. I do not think it works ike that... Well, unless you tell me that he wasn't there in order to stay alive. But that's one hell of a risky life the admiral is leading then.
Old 2015-02-12, 10:25   Link #95
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
lmao

The latest episode was cute as fuck. I feel like I've learned a lot about the fleet girls and their relationships and quirks.

edit: It's also a shamethat this fleet has to resort to employing child soldiers to conduct military operations. It's just terrible.

Last edited by blakstealth; 2015-02-12 at 10:39.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 10:32   Link #96
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
Strange cyborgs or androids to be bad with spicy things, or get a bump after hitting the head.

She didn't actually repel that shell with her bare hand. It bounced off her barrier in front of her hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
Kitakami confirmed that it's actually unsafe being the flagship when she worried about Ooi. We also saw this when Fubuki played the decoy so I don't think the FS protection mechanics exist. Like Kakurin-san said, Kongou basically used her barrier which in her case represents a battleship's sturdy armour.

Also if they're really cyborgs or androids then Kongou attempted to murder the admiral when she assault-jumped at Ooyodo because if it had been the admiral he would have probably been literally crushed. I do not think it works ike that... Well, unless you tell me that he wasn't there in order to stay alive. But that's one hell of a risky life the admiral is leading then.

My guess is more like spiritual beings that were born into humans, basically similar to heroic spirits in F/SN just with an actual persstent body.

Nevertheless it was strongly hinted that they can actually eat bauxite(Mamiya + Akagi) in this episode, so whichever it is they can likely actually chew on it

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2015-02-12, 10:58   Link #97
chaosprophet

Quote:
Nevertheless it was strongly hinted that they can actually eat bauxite(Mamiya + Akagi) in this episode, so whichever it is they can likely actually chew on it
Maybe bauxite in their universe is edible. But yeah considering it's hard enough to make a pot out of it, that's unlikely.
Old 2015-02-12, 11:02   Link #98
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Simplest response: It's magic, don't think too much about it.

To quote a blogger that some veterans here knows:

Quote:
I’m also glad the show doesn’t try for any realism– it’s just bonkers insane. So a new girl destroyer is tossed into battle without any training… she doesn’t get any instruction for battle from the school, so her friends have to teach her… the girls as ships look like bad Halloween costumes… the whole girls as ships things… the arrows that turn into aircraft.. the adorable midgets piloting the aircraft (my favorite part of the show)… where the hell do the girls keep their torpedoes? You know what? The show doesn’t fucking care.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 11:09   Link #99
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Simplest response: It's magic, don't think too much about it.

To quote a blogger that some veterans here knows:
Thus the comparison with F/SN.

Think it was in Omamori Himari (and C3) where some of the characters where actually just items that had been cared for long enough to actually get a soul - they still remained some properties of them actually being items. My guess is the ship girls are the same.

Really don't want to know how much companies make with ship models per year so yeah that might qualify for the folklore/myth/legend. And even if it doesn't - its a myth in the first place :P

Old 2015-02-12, 11:53   Link #100
Sagitta Luminis
Yousoro~

I would be upset about the lack of serious plot, but I'm just having so much fun watching kanmusu being over-dramatic idiots.

Tags
curry