AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-04-19, 12:57   Link #81
marvelB

Mentioned it before, but I really am glad to see that Azuma cares about Adachi. But the way things are going now..... is she going to become something like the next Giger?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-19, 14:54   Link #82
Shintouyu
A Wandering Soul

Adachi is a nice guy, indeed.

Spoiler:
Shintouyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-19, 15:33   Link #83
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Spoiler for World Devil Azuma:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-21, 12:29   Link #84
Tormenk

What a reversal of roles now with the introduction of the other anomalies. Since they will be crossing over to the other world soon are they now hunters or the hunted?

Cheshire Devil's as cryptic and foreboding as ever even as he gathers them for the impending journey. Just what kind of game are they playing at that involves gunning for the destruction of their own home planet.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-21, 14:43   Link #85
marvelB

My, things are getting more interesting now. Wonder what countries the rest of the Anomalies are from? That one wild dude with the scars is clearly Chinese, but I'm more interested in the dude with the straw hat (alternate Luffy? ), and that crazy crippled chick with the gas mask. Also, shouldn't it be possible for Utou to join Azuma, since he's now a world devil himself?

And.... don't tell me Azuma is starting to get tsundere towards Pero now.....
Old 2015-04-21, 18:53   Link #86
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Utou could join in, but I don't believe making World Devils is the issue, but making powerful ones. Anomalies likely generate Giger++ level World Devils.
Old 2015-04-21, 19:13   Link #87
marvelB

^Well, while it may be true that he wouldn't be as strong as the Anomalies, I'd think that his brains could come in handy, at least. And considering how unstable most of the Anomalies seem to be, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a more cool-headed person on hand to serve as an active strategist, I think.
Old 2015-04-21, 19:13   Link #88
Altrelo

Gas mask seems to be the American one. Headphones is probably European. Brat or Straw Hat would have to be Greenland or South African. I do wonder the logic of having Japan having an anomaly or group. Maybe Azuma is the Pacific Islander representative?
Altrelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-22, 01:26   Link #89
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Well, while it may be true that he wouldn't be as strong as the Anomalies, I'd think that his brains could come in handy, at least. And considering how unstable most of the Anomalies seem to be, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a more cool-headed person on hand to serve as an active strategist, I think.
Maybe his intellect is the problem? Makes it harder to manipulate someone if they are smart and on to your game :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrelo View Post
Gas mask seems to be the American one. Headphones is probably European. Brat or Straw Hat would have to be Greenland or South African. I do wonder the logic of having Japan having an anomaly or group. Maybe Azuma is the Pacific Islander representative?
I don0t think they are going by one per continent at all, anomalies simply show up anywhere. They likely had several other groups that did not yield anomalies. These seven were simply the best ones they could get.
Old 2015-04-22, 08:37   Link #90
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
He's stuck between life and death at the moment, so he can't go anywhere. He's trapped in Wonderland, basically. Chesire starts to mention it when Utou first shows up as the World Devil, but the explanation is glossed over quickly and he rushes to fight Giger.

I've read ahead a bit so I won't spoil what's to come, but you guys will really like how crazy things get.
Old 2015-04-22, 16:41   Link #91
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
He's stuck between life and death at the moment, so he can't go anywhere. He's trapped in Wonderland, basically. Chesire starts to mention it when Utou first shows up as the World Devil, but the explanation is glossed over quickly and he rushes to fight Giger.

Ah, well in that case, that makes sense. Though even if he's stuck in Wonderland (or perhaps "limbo", may be more accurate in this case), I still don't think that necessarily terminates his potential role as a adviser/strategist. I mean, the Cheshires have equipment to communicate with each other across the different worlds, do they not? If so, I see no reason why Utou couldn't gain access to such equipment. Heck, even Giger was able to keep in contact with the HQ from her world during her invasion, so it should be a similar case for the Alices from Azuma's world, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Maybe his intellect is the problem? Makes it harder to manipulate someone if they are smart and on to your game :P

Eh, even if that's true, I'd still say it's worth the risk. I mean, on the 4th night alone, Azuma's group were in danger of being wiped out by both Saeki and Kuroe since the BOTH of them succumbed to their instabilities. Now just imagine the scale of damage that seven Anomalies can cause to themselves without a voice of reason to keep them in check!
Old 2015-04-24, 13:40   Link #92
marvelB

Well now, this was a cool chapter. And I've gotta say, it must be freezing in Hell since the head Cheshire Devil actually gave some STRAIGHT explanations to the Alices for once!

Anyways, I'm still not entirely sure if my Utou theory was shot down just yet (even if he's stuck in Wonderland, he may still be able to use communication equipment to keep in contact with Azuma and co. if he has access to it, like I said above). Well, it's cool that Hijiri is a Cheshire Devil now, at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrelo View Post
Gas mask seems to be the American one. Headphones is probably European.
Spot-on in pretty much both accounts, heh. Though I find it a little sad that the author stuck to the stereotype of Americans being potty-mouths..... well, at least Gas Mask still seems cool with being Azuma's buddy, though. And I found it pretty funny that one of the Cheshires basically warned the headphone girl to not question their orders whatsoever. Thoughtcrimes are clearly a punishable offense in the presence of Cheshire Devils, lol.
Old 2015-04-26, 10:14   Link #93
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Seven little devils went to Maze.
One of them got caught off-guard after his heroic lyrics, and then there were six.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 13:13   Link #94
Awrya
U mad?

Ah, I love the reality checks in this manga.
It doesn't matter if they're side characters or anomalies, anyone can get rekt.
Old 2015-04-26, 14:43   Link #95
marvelB

I instantly knew China dude would bite it first as soon as he kept blabbering about not letting anyone get killed. Even the author pointed out how obvious a death flag that was, lol. Still, too bad he went down as quickly as he did.... all things considered, I would've at least liked to have seen more of his abilities. On the other hand, the king of Maze appearing this soon was kinda unexpected....

Also, I'll be honest: I was sorta expecting World Devil Azuma to look closer to her "La Morte" transformation from earlier. She does look cute in this form, though.
Old 2015-04-26, 15:09   Link #96
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Seven little devils went to Maze.
One of them got caught off-guard after his heroic lyrics, and then there were six.
Seven Little Devils in the Maze,

Seven Little Devils brave!

One had hope,

But the author said "lolnope"

6 Little Devils in the Maze!
Old 2015-04-26, 15:13   Link #97
marvelB

BTW, Azuma being afraid of Aussie Luffy makes me think that he's another twisted pedo goblin like the uncle.....

Also, for some reason I'm kinda glad that Pero hasn't given up on the idea of killing Azuma (or the other Anomalies for that matter).
Old 2015-04-26, 23:31   Link #98
Shintouyu
A Wandering Soul

Well, that escalated quickly.
Shintouyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-29, 23:27   Link #99
Gourmet Hunter

that clown guy is truly sadist
Gourmet Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 11:12   Link #100
marvelB

A second Anomaly is down, and now we learn of a mole within the Cheshire Devils..... the insanity continues!

And lol at Azuma not giving the remotest crap about killing millions of innocent people.