Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-02-23, 16:36   Link #81
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Except Yato.
Yato didn't even know him until the guy basically revealed himself as the villain in front of him. Obviously it doesn't count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Kazuma wasn't a coward. If her had told her, then he would have been exiled anyway.
Spoiler for just in case:
Old 2014-02-23, 17:09   Link #82
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Yato didn't even know him until the guy basically revealed himself as the villain in front of him. Obviously it doesn't count.

Spoiler for just in case:
She would have held a grudge against Yato anyway for taking on Kazuma's request. Huh. Now that I think about it Bishamon's stuborness to "save" her shinki is worse than Yukine's bratty phase.

Last edited by BW95; 2014-02-23 at 20:42.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 01:00   Link #83
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
She would have held a grudge against Yato anyway for taking on Kazuma's request.
That makes no sense.
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2014-03-02, 15:32   Link #84
Shadow5YA

So uh... are capybaras going to be some kind of running joke in Shuuishuu?

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2014-03-06 at 23:18.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 12:46   Link #85
coded321
He Who Games

Spoiler for funny part of chapter 40 raw:
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 14:26   Link #86
Excorsism

Chapter 40's pretty fun.

Spoiler for Chapter 40 Summary:

I'll finish the rest later. Can't really call this a summary either, it's way too long, .
Old 2014-03-06, 22:32   Link #87
tuckersister

How is Bishaminten's and Hiyori's relationship so far?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 23:39   Link #88
Shadow5YA

Oh good, one of the volume five 4komas actually addresses an issue I had with a character design.

After the episode with Bishamon in the springs, I always thought how her hair was so long that someone could step on it
Old 2014-03-08, 00:57   Link #89
Iron Maw
Banned

ch 17-19

Finally got around to reading these and I must say the last of been a pretty good set of chapters. I know some have said this arc ends at Ch 25, but it feels like we are already going to hit the climax in the next chapter instead.

-Poor Yukine though. Certainly wasn't expecting that, but I don't think shinki can be killed that easily. However since they still feel pain, Yukine must be hurting unimaginably right now. But this shows how he and Yato have come to trust another from the first arc.

-So it turns out Kazuma was the one who was actually behind the deaths of Vina's former shinki. Didn't think that the meaning in his name would have such relevance either. Yato back was surprisingly altruistic back then stories surrounding his background seemed to imply otherwise. He didn't take any compensation either and he essentially saved Vina's life. Unfortunately the later was too attached to her now phantomize servants to see that. And of course Yato's flippant attitude never helps matters. =|

Really though, Kazuma should have come clean with this sooner despite Vina's hotheadedness and the shame he would have endured. He owes her that much.

-Hopefully Aiha will wise up realize if she really wishes fix her contamination and help she need to come clean. Of course this isn't all her fault, Vina hasn't attempted heed Kazuma's advice came to looking after the emotional needs of her shinki.

-I wonder if Yato will really hold up Tenjin's condition about cutting his ties Hiyori especially since it won't solve her issue. Until there is a real solution will continue to get involved in affairs of Far Shore with or without Yato.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 01:36   Link #90
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Unfortunately the later was too attached to her now phantomize servants to see that.
It has nothing to do with that. She's not nearly as stubborn as she seems. If anyone had told her the truth, she would have taken responsibility and moved on. But Kazuma was a coward, and Yato even said he killed her shinki for the lulz.

All that considering, it would be weird if she didn't hold a grudge against him.
Old 2014-03-08, 11:27   Link #91
Shadow5YA

Quote:
It has nothing to do with that. She's not nearly as stubborn as she seems. If anyone had told her the truth, she would have taken responsibility and moved on. But Kazuma was a coward, and Yato even said he killed her shinki for the lulz.

All that considering, it would be weird if she didn't hold a grudge against him.
I kind of thought the flashback was iffy since Bishamon did open her eyes and appear conscious, so she should have seen that her Shinki turned into a mass of Ayakashi.

I think it would have been better to keep her out cold to reinforce the idea that she had no idea what happened other than "Yato killed all of my Shinki"
Old 2014-03-08, 20:45   Link #92
tuckersister

Are Bishamon and Hiyori on good terms now?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 22:35   Link #93
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Are Bishamon and Hiyori on good terms now?
They never were in bad terms. They just didn't know each other.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2014-03-08 at 22:49.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 22:51   Link #94
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:

I agree with Shadow here too. It makes Vina seem much more stubborn than she should. That said, I chalk that up to her not wanting to truly accept what happened there, she's emotional enough for such a thing. Ofcourse as mentioned, Kazuma and Yato's reactions didn't really help either.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 23:00   Link #95
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I chalk that up to her not wanting to truly accept what happened there, she's emotional enough for such a thing.
No. If she was like that, they would have had a pretty hard time trying to convince her of the truth. However, it only took Kazuma to reveal what really happened for her to drop her weapons and even apologize to Yato right there on the spot.

She's not stubborn at all, and she wasn't in denial. It was just a misunderstanding due to Kazuma being a freaking coward. He even admits it himself.
Old 2014-03-09, 00:51   Link #96
Shadow5YA

Quote:
No. If she was like that, they would have had a pretty hard time trying to convince her of the truth. However, it only took Kazuma to reveal what really happened for her to drop her weapons and even apologize to Yato right there on the spot.

She's not stubborn at all, and she wasn't in denial. It was just a misunderstanding due to Kazuma being a freaking coward. He even admits it himself.
Not stubborn?

Even in chapter 20, Bishamon talks as if killing Yato would save her old Shinki. She pushed on even when blighted, and even when her Shinki were getting corrupted in front of her eyes. It got to the point where she actually summoned them against their will.

I'm not denying that Kazuma exacerbated the problem. It's just that Bishamon is a little more dense than she should be. I understand she isn't exactly of sound mind right now, but come on. This is happening right in front of her eyes. Unlike centuries ago when she was barely conscious to witness the "ma" clan die out, there should be nothing to misunderstand here. Does she think Yato has some weird power to corrupt Shinki or something?
Old 2014-03-09, 03:33   Link #97
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Even in chapter 20, Bishamon talks as if killing Yato would save her old Shinki.
That's because she's working under the misconception that Yato killed the ma shinki for the lulz, which color her opinion of him regarding pretty much everything. Of course she's going to blame him for what's happening now. Heck, he is the one attacking her place, so there's that as well.

She really has no reasons to believe he isn't the one behind everything, and many reasons to think he is.

And yet, the moment Kazuma explains everything to her, she drops her weapon right there. She doesn't try to deny the truth or anything. That's why I say she's not stubborn.

Kazuma didn't exacerbate the problem. He started it, by not telling the truth right after Yato killed the ma shinki.
Old 2014-03-09, 11:26   Link #98
Shadow5YA

Quote:
That's because she's working under the misconception that Yato killed the ma shinki for the lulz, which color her opinion of him regarding pretty much everything. Of course she's going to blame him for what's happening now. Heck, he is the one attacking her place, so there's that as well.

She really has no reasons to believe he isn't the one behind everything, and many reasons to think he is.
There is a reason: she is Bishamon, a well known god that has existed for at least a millennia. If she has been around as long as the name implies (and the flashback shows she's been there since at least somewhere Edo period), she should know how Shinki work like Yato does.

Even under the assumption that Yato killed them for fun, she should be experienced enough to know the blighting from the Shinki-God connection only transfers in one direction (direct contact aside).

It's one thing if she just wanted to kill him for vengeance and honor, but she very clearly thought killing him would "save" her Shinki somehow. She should know that's not how it works.
Old 2014-03-09, 13:48   Link #99
Kazu-kun

^ That has nothing to do with being stubborn though.
Old 2014-03-11, 13:24   Link #100
Shadow5YA

Does Yato's "father" really get reborn with his memories intact as Yato says, or is he just possessing another human?

I could understand the latter since Yato did it to Hiyori (poor Hiyori ), but there better be a good explanation if it's the former since no one else seems to be capable of that.